Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DariusLikewise posted:

How do you decide if a wild titanic ship is female or male?

It depends on if it has a miniature Leonardo DiCaprio or a rapping dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Titanice is mono-ice. It should totally be ice/steel, that'd totally make it less sad.

That will teach me not regurgitate information I half remember from briefly scanning the pokemon uranium wiki looking for stupid designs.

But honestly how is the loving titanic not a steel type. It's literally made if steel.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

HardDiskD posted:

I think what gets me the most is that the Titanic is found in this tiny-rear end pond, not in the ocean. Also that you need Dive to find it because it is sunk already. :allears:
By now I've seen enough giant ships in ponds in good games that it barely fazes me :v:.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Vorpal Cat posted:

That will teach me not regurgitate information I half remember from briefly scanning the pokemon uranium wiki looking for stupid designs.

But honestly how is the loving titanic not a steel type. It's literally made if steel.

Because ice isn't good against steel, duh.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

Titanic sank bow first. Titanice has a face on it's rear end.

It could be rising from the depths like an angry, ancient god of the seas and ice. Prolly not what was intended, but it makes a bit more sense than it sinking and having an assface.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like Titanice. It's pretty alright.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Dramsama should absolutely have been DramaLlama instead.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Dramsama should absolutely have been DramaLlama instead.
But we already have a dramallama

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

How do you decide if a wild titanic ship is female or male?

Well, normally every ship is referred to by its crew as a 'she'. But Titanice can also be a male so that's confusing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Carbon dioxide posted:

Well, normally every ship is referred to by its crew as a 'she'. But Titanice can also be a male so that's confusing.
So they missed an opportunity to make a female-only species?
Pity

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

This is fantastic! Shine on, you not-crash diamond!

Vinylshadow posted:

Why imagine when it's a reality?

No no. I said Jojos as Pokemon trainers. This is clearly Pokemon as JoJos.

Nuclear Eevee is okay but not spectacular design wise and an utter poo poo kicker mechanically.
Titanice needs to be steel type.

Predictions for next gym... a completely out of left field communist gym leader lectures you on the ills of social stratification and the plight of the working man in his steel mill gym. He is not a steel gym leader, he only uses red pokemon.
Nobody talks about him ever again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vinylshadow posted:

So they missed an opportunity to make a female-only species?
Pity

Yeah, see, that would have actually been clever.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I looked up Titanice's Pokedex.

"They migrate all over the ocean, congregating at the poles but occasionally moving to warmer waters. What lies beneath the surface is a mystery."

It's sea Diglett

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Binged this thread over the weekend and I've gotta say Daikatuna is a god drat amazing name. I also love the bulldozer.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

Binged this thread over the weekend and I've gotta say Daikatuna is a god drat amazing name. I also love the bulldozer.

I know right? If this game were just surf ninjas, Daikatuna, backhoe dragon, and that dumb titanic thing this would be the greatest game ever

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Hammurabi posted:

I know right? If this game were just surf ninjas, Daikatuna, backhoe dragon, and that dumb titanic thing this would be the greatest game ever
Yeah, it would (still) be stupid, but at least it would be vaguely amusing.
It's really weird Titanice is pure Ice though, especially given the game's fetish for dual-types. And you'd think they might have tried to make the Ice type not-garbage.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LAY-ZX posted:

"They migrate all over the ocean, congregating at the poles but occasionally moving to warmer waters. What lies beneath the surface is a mystery."

It's sea Diglett

it is not sea diglett until we know it evolves into just three of itself.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

it is not sea diglett until we know it evolves into just three of itself.

Tritanice

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Interestingly, there were three ships of the Olympic class.

Olympice.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

professor_curly posted:

Interestingly, there were three ships of the Olympic class.

Olympice.

well I know they didn't capitalize on this but it is now essentially sea diglett, ill show myself out for being wrong

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
For it's evolution 2 tiny people appear on the bow and it becomes part flying

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

For it's evolution 2 tiny people appear on the bow and it becomes part flying
Ability: The Big Door
When KOed, all adjacent Pokemon gain Ice-type.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

LAY-ZX posted:

It's sea Diglett

How could they NOT know what it looks like? It's loving WATER, just swim under it or something. :psyduck:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Schubalts posted:

How could they NOT know what it looks like? It's loving WATER, just swim under it or something. :psyduck:

You're misconstruing 'not knowing' for 'not caring.' They could dive below it. They just choose not to.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Schubalts posted:

:iiam:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Schubalts posted:

Well, like most Icebergs, most of the mass would be under the water

Through whatever bizarre logic powers pokémon, I wouldn't be surprised if the small bit we CAN see is in fact the eyelash of some intergalactic demon poking through a dimensional rift

There is in fact a small crew trapped on the ship, shrunk down by a mysterious power

The pokémon's cry is their screams of terror

...nah, that'd be stupid

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Vinylshadow posted:

...nah, that'd be stupid

Which means that it's canon, right?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Vinylshadow posted:

The pokémon's cry is their screams of terror

We need a Pokemon whose cry is the Wilhelm scream.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

We need a Pokemon whose cry is the Wilhelm scream.

Dedextra, the Normal/Ghost pokemon

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dirk the Average posted:

Which means that it's canon, right?
Well, stupider
I mean, if you think it makes the pokemon better, then by all means, feel free to treat is canon, especially if there's nothing in the game that contradicts it...

-
Shame that fangames that take place nowhere near (presumably, anyway) the other regions, yet see fit to reuse old pokemon don't at the very least add some regional variety to their designs or at least use different themes for them

etc, etc

But, as we all know, that'd take time, brains and effort to do, which a fair chunk of fangame creators tend to lack, which leads to half-assed execution and more often than not, a dead fangame

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Oh god medical Garbodor is horrific.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, you can maybe see why they chose not to make Garbordor a medical monstrosity with bloody syringes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where did the human hand come from

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Yeah,some of those variants look kind neat like the Parasect ones,but that Garbodor is pretty tryhardy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A human, probably.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I certainly would not mind Pokemon that had varying appearances in different regions.

I'm still mad Alola did nothing with Arbok. :argh:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i love all the pokemon cross-breeding variants that people draw and was kind of glad that alolan forms are at least partially there. hopefully they don't just drop the regional variant stuff in whatever future games they do

(they will, probably)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah,some of those variants look kind neat like the Parasect ones,but that Garbodor is pretty tryhardy.

a fat mummy woulda been a not bad design tho

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Johnny Joestar posted:

i love all the pokemon cross-breeding variants that people draw and was kind of glad that alolan forms are at least partially there. hopefully they don't just drop the regional variant stuff in whatever future games they do

(they will, probably)
Given how often each game introduced and subsequently discarded a gimmick, odds are we're not getting regional variants next game, especially if it's a Gen IV Remake

HG/SS had one of the best gimmicks in being able to toggle the ability to run which was never used again, forcing you to hold B everywhere you went (Somewhat mitigated by Kalos' rollarblades though)

Heck, even Alola's ability to dress yourself pales next to X/Y's selection

Ryushikaze posted:

No no. I said Jojos as Pokemon trainers. This is clearly Pokemon as JoJos.

I feel so sorry for that Cherubi

There's a distressing lack of such pictures

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Vinylshadow posted:

Given how often each game introduced and subsequently discarded a gimmick, odds are we're not getting regional variants next game, especially if it's a Gen IV Remake

Gen IV is explicitly where the regional-form idea and form-changing in general started! Shellos and Gastrodon being the premier example as a species having differences depending on where you find it (though they're just cosmetic). I very much imagine Positioning Pearl and Dated Diamond being set up sorta like X/Y, with the two halves of Sinnoh getting separate Pokedex segments, and having more Pokemon that do the same thing as Shellos, but expanded significantly.

Also I doubt they've totally dropped the idea of Mega Pokemon? But I think they'll stick to introducing them in remakes to hype up the new things that go on in remade regions. I could definitely see them doing it for particularly prominent Pokemon owned by particularly prominent individuals. They already have Garchomp for Cynthia but they might change it around and give her a Mega Spiritomb instead (since they'll definitely be doing something different for that guy), Cyrus might end up rolling with a Mega Weavile, I'd be endlessly amused by giving the Galactic commanders similar things so Jupiter and Mars troll around with a Mega Purugly and Skuntank, and I imagine them giving the signature legendaries and maybe the Regi dudes something special. Could also see a Mega Carnivine, Luxray, Roserade, Floatzel, Vespiquen, Lumineon...Chimecho? Snorlax? Sudowoodo? Mr. Mime?

Man there's so much stuff in that game that I really have to wonder how they'll rework it

• Locked thread