Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

zegermans posted:

Gotta say I'm not too happy about Tom Perez's decision making here.

You mean the Obama flunky is going to lose more elections for the dems!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

zegermans posted:

Gotta say I'm not too happy about Tom Perez's decision making here.

This thread was really starting to coalesce behind him, too.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
now refresh my memory did anyone insist that tom perez might not be the best person to lead in pulling the democratic party out of terminal death spiral before that dnc vote? anybody at all

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/847909703413846016

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

if Tom Perez isn't spending all of his time recruiting fresh candidates from body builder competitions and teaching them to talk like the main character from an anime or 80s American cartoon, his strategy is all wrong

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

OTOH, maybe the people who are able to poll even with the GOP in deep red states are Bad Dems anyway

I kinda lose sight of the flow chart of who a Bad Dem is sometimes since it seems to rarely reflect on their actual political positions!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Hahaha, Now Russia is saying that the airstrike hit a rebel storage facility for dirty landmines and the reaction playing out is to frame Assad.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Tom Perez: The Putin Puppet right under our noses.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

because they need our help and are also the main voting demographic in the majority of US states :ms:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The only MMO that is worth anything is someone hacking Dwarf Fortress to be an MMO.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zegermans posted:

OTOH, maybe the people who are able to poll even with the GOP in deep red states are Bad Dems anyway

The Dem candidate in KS 04 is endorsed by Bernie's Our Revolution PAC, who's doing fundraising and phonebanking for him. :shrug:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mister Fister posted:

The Democrats' 50 state strategy: Lose all 50 states.

Then blame it on sexism/racism/stupid rurals.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/850394969718259712

hot drat i aint seen that video in a while :v:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

The Dem candidate in KS 04 is endorsed by Bernie's Our Revolution PAC, who's doing fundraising and phonebanking for him. :shrug:

Well that's good news at least.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

That username/post/rap sheet combo tho

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/850678122102108161

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

BUT OR IS BAD BECAUSE IT CAN'T COORDINATE!!!!

:nallears:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article140972328.html

So the KDP is saying they don't even have $20k to help? Did they spend it all on pizza?

quote:

A Feb. 20 letter from the FEC to the party says the filing lists a $143,000 transfer from "Hillary Victory Fund." But the FEC letter says a review shows only $14,300 was disbursed.

:sad:

Dr_0ctag0n has issued a correction as of 15:21 on Apr 11, 2017

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Did they spend it all on pizza?

Child sex trafficking is expensive yo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article140972328.html

So the KDP is saying they don't even have $20k to help? Did they spend it all on pizza?

:sad:

Many state parties are heavily reliant on the DNC for fundraising and, welp.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

I kinda lose sight of the flow chart of who a Bad Dem is sometimes since it seems to rarely reflect on their actual political positions!

If the only bad Dems we had to deal with were from the south we'd have flying cars and single payer by now

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was thinking of kansas as a southern state lol, maybe jastiger was right about honorary southern states :tinfoil:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Boner Zone posted:

I was thinking of kansas as a southern state lol, maybe jastiger was right about honorary southern states :tinfoil:

they went to war with missouri over slavery but still ended up a southern state in spirit if not geographically

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Many state parties are heavily reliant on the DNC for fundraising and, welp.

just lmao if the hillary money shenanigans spill over into 2018

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess I am fortunate that I am unable to see the tweets being shared right now on account of my employer (rightfully) blocking Twitter, and that getting a rotten tooth pulled later this afternoon means I wouldn't even be in a coherent, conscious frame of mind to get properly angry at them anyway.

In a perfect world, the party would have competent leadership and dental insurance would be affordable to where a dude won't have to go twenty years since his last visit to a dentist. If I am to be miserable, at least it would be preferable to be that way because of my own body failing me, and not people.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

In a perfect world, the party would have competent leadership and dental insurance would be affordable to where a dude won't have to go twenty years since his last visit to a dentist. If I am to be miserable, at least it would be preferable to be that way because of my own body failing me, and not people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oaINr51MrM

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They block YouTube, too. But I'll assume you made a salient point/reference.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Boner Zone posted:

If the only bad Dems we had to deal with were from the south we'd have flying cars and single payer by now

Good point

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ThndrShk2k posted:

The only MMO that is worth anything is someone hacking Dwarf Fortress to be an MMO.

I wish someone would hack the warhammer mmo to host a server for it, i remember it was cool but didn't play it long :/

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

They block YouTube, too. But I'll assume you made a salient point/reference.

It's a bernie video

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 16:15 on Apr 11, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MMOs are lightning in a bottle. They cost an obscene amount of money to produce, an obscene amount of money to run, and the market is super oversaturated with them, ESPECIALLY in the fantasy genre. It's super rare that one really picks up and becomes profitable long-term.

It's super clear they never asked actual people with knowledge of the industry because they would have told them that.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

if the race is (as previously projected) a double digit blowout then the dnc is right that there is nothing they can do to impact that, and they shouldn't get involved. but if it ends up being a 1 point race they sure are going to look stupid

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

loquacius posted:

The Supreme Court is good in theory as a non-partisan body who only cares about The Law and The Constitution and nothing else

In practice, they're basically a way for past presidents to exert influence on future presidents, which is a mixed bag as it's heavily dependent on what the political situation in the country is when a justice dies or retires. That's without even getting into the possibilities of a rogue legislative body loving with everything like the GOP did when Scalia died.

The Supreme Court would be reasonable if it had terms limits so that a president is guarantee to select a justice every four years once they are (re)elected.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Concerned Citizen posted:

if the race is (as previously projected) a double digit blowout then the dnc is right that there is nothing they can do to impact that, and they shouldn't get involved. but if it ends up being a 1 point race they sure are going to look stupid

And we all know how reliable projections are at predicting an election. :v:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

MizPiz posted:

And we all know how reliable projections are at predicting an election. :v:

i mean i wouldn't really blame them for thinking ks-04 was unwinnable, since literally everyone thought that was the case until less than a week ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if United sees a backlash it's going to be from China, not America. Weibo already has like a few million views on that incident and a ton of discussion, they're convinced the doctor was profiled because he's Chinese-appearing.

Americans are too complacent to really shift away from a cheap airline, even if a bunch of people will stop flying United, but China is a growth market and there's not nearly the same amount of inertia

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yeah I don't get mocking Clinton for wasting money in Texas and then mocking Bad Dems for not throwing money into a massively lopsided district, but I feel this may be a special case, because winning those two seats sends a big "Dems ain't dead" message.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i mean i wouldn't really blame them for thinking Donald Trump couldn't win, since literally everyone thought that was the case until less than a week ago

November 9, 2016

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like some people are stuck in a November 7th mentality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I guess I am fortunate that I am unable to see the tweets being shared right now on account of my employer (rightfully) blocking Twitter, and that getting a rotten tooth pulled later this afternoon means I wouldn't even be in a coherent, conscious frame of mind to get properly angry at them anyway.

i feel like Professional Driving Education should be mandatory. One WHOLE month.

its a well known fact that white affluent neighborhoods are often strategically placed far away from bus lines to keep blacks unfavorable elements out (See: Georgia)

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 16:39 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread