Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It should be noted that while it has a lot of content most of it is reused assets.

So it has a lot of content in the way an MMO does, so if you like that cool. Though it still should be mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have like 500 goon friend requests I have never looked at.

The most I have done with those friends is that shipping minigame in Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Maybe when Knack 2 comes out

yeah i am pretty happy i never put my name on that list. as it is i have like 150 goon friends and i only ever talk or play with like 20 of them

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

WaltherFeng posted:

Nioh has potentially hundreds of hours of playtime if you like developing your character, co-op etc.

It's a very meaty action RPG and the upcoming DLC just adds even more stuff

I wound up getting ratchet and clank and uncharted 4 for a combination of shootmans-action, adventure-platforming and multiplayer. (plus they were cheap)

I plan on getting Nioh after I get through those a ways, then Horzion Zero Dawn at some point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CharlestheHammer posted:

It should be noted that while it has a lot of content most of it is reused assets.

So it has a lot of content in the way an MMO does, so if you like that cool. Though it still should be mentioned.

But unlike an MMO, it has actual gameplay

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But unlike an MMO, it has actual gameplay

Well yeah which is why I was specific.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Attitude Indicator posted:

Same. Everybody's Golf rocks, but I'm skeptical of this new one. Why is it open world? when you're making golf games you've already given up on following any kind of trends anyway.

Really, seriously same. I don't need this extraneous bullshit. I need patronizingly charming caddies, telephone hold music, and ASMR-level sound quality of club striking ball.

e: oh, and putting lines. I need my goddamn rolling grid.

Fix fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 11, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its not like you gotta climb towers to reveal more of the course and lose your wanted level before you can put the ball in the hole, its still a freakin golf game. I bet you can just bounce from hole to hole like an old Hot Shots game anyway.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah but fishing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Spacedad posted:

For my first game aside from Persona 5 I'm looking for a game that will be the best value for rounding out the gameplay of my system. Especially if it has multiplayer.

Uncharted 4 looks like it has a lot of multiplayer content to dig into. But if there's anything else that would really round out my system you think would be a must-get I'm all ears.

Bloodborne and Titanfall 2 are the games you should be getting for your Funstation +

Accept no substitutes.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah but fishing

My mind is changing, on the spot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbh og p3 and fes not allowing you to control your party is big enough that even people that didn't like those games might still like p3p

At the very least, the party AI isnt entirely stupid in P3/FES, which keeps it playable. The protagonist gets healing priority, usually, and the party will never smack a Shadow with something they'll resist/null/reflect once the elemental weaknesses are ID'd.

It's a dumb design idea, and thank gently caress P4 added direct control, but at least there's effort made to make it tolerable. Besides, the real pain of Persona 3 is that Fuuka's voice can cut glass when she gets frantic over low health.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah but fishing

Are there any Japanese games from 2016/17 that don't let you fish? I assume even dark souls has it in there somewhere.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Are there any Japanese games from 2016/17 that don't let you fish? I assume even dark souls has it in there somewhere.

Ironically, breath of the wild has no fishing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I assume even dark souls has it in there somewhere.

do you count shooting arrows at a hydra for like 10 minutes as fishing? if not, dark souls doesn't have fishing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wandle Cax posted:

Ironically, breath of the wild has no fishing.

I mean it does, you just have to wade into water and grab them with your bare hands like loving Gollum.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Bloodborne DLC does!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean it does, you just have to wade into water and grab them with your bare hands like loving Gollum.

... Fish with Bombs like Hylia intended, goshdarnit

Or arrow them or freeze blocks under them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if hitting fish people with swords counts as fishing, a lot of games have fishing

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Thanks for the input, think I might go for Nier: Automata first.

P5 looks interesting but I don't really wan't to get into another 100h+ RPG right now.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
How active is Titanfall 2's multiplayer scene right now? I'm thinking of getting it while I'm stocking up on some new games.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The past week or so I've noticed between 5k and 12k playing depending on time of day. Price is the lowest I've seen it too, £25 new £15 used, now is probably the time to dip into it.

Its a cracking game, most fun multiplayer shooter I've played in years and the single player campaign is pretty accomplished too :cheers:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbh og p3 and fes not allowing you to control your party is big enough that even people that didn't like those games might still like p3p

If you didn't get to experience Mind Charge -> Marin Karin, you've never truly experienced Persona.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So I guess the next Dragon Quest has a July release for Japan. End of the year for US?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
New Uncharted 8/22/17.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

So I guess the next Dragon Quest has a July release for Japan. End of the year for US?

Probably next spring i'd bet.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Morby posted:

New Uncharted 8/22/17.

$40/$50 :canada: Cinematic trailer released too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6IOOWnOXlw

An interview with Naughty dog said it was around 10 hours too, so it's more a full blown expansion pack then the original DLC that was planned.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So my £10 voucher came though, and I was going to drop it on Dex, but I saw Necropolis is down to 9.99 for the sale. I heard it was a good souls-like but really thin on content. Did it get padded out a bit with patches, or is it worth punting on?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

poptart_fairy posted:

So my £10 voucher came though, and I was going to drop it on Dex, but I saw Necropolis is down to 9.99 for the sale. I heard it was a good souls-like but really thin on content. Did it get padded out a bit with patches, or is it worth punting on?

Don't

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I appreciate your brevity, but a little more info to go on would be nice. :saddowns:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

poptart_fairy posted:

I appreciate your brevity, but a little more info to go on would be nice. :saddowns:

Bad humour bad gear bad variety of stuff bad progression system

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Anyone else pick up cosmic star heroine? Kind of a fun throw back rpg but it's little buggy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Any of you get into the GT Sport beta?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone else pick up cosmic star heroine? Kind of a fun throw back rpg but it's little buggy.

I backed it and of course they have not sent out codes to backers because ???

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

I pre-ordered it while it was still on sale yesterday but P5 has taken over my life so it might be a while before I dig in. What kind of bugs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spalec posted:

$40/$50 :canada: Cinematic trailer released too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6IOOWnOXlw

An interview with Naughty dog said it was around 10 hours too, so it's more a full blown expansion pack then the original DLC that was planned.

Oh wow that's excellent. I was expecting like a 2 hour dlc.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Oh wow that's excellent. I was expecting like a 2 hour dlc.

It's always kinda neat when the developers go oh hey, we have more ideas for this than we could fit in a little DLC pack... gently caress it, FULL-SIZE TITLE! :homebrew:.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is that the dlc that is included in the season pass? because that sounds like it costs more than the whole pass.

Edit: season pass is gone. gently caress. Looks like whoever bought that sort of scored. On top of the MP stuff it sounds like they are getting a 30-40 dollar dlc. Iirc it cost 20.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 11, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is it standalone or do you need the original

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Standalone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006