Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zarya's "Calories" spray is the best but I would probably pick that one up too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the flexing arm is the best because you can make other peoples sprays better with it

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
I like the 'dirty t-shirt' Torb shown toward the end of the trailer and am hopeful they'll have similar alternate colours/styles for the other new skins because I'm not a huge fan of the brightass blue they went with (though Mercy does look kinda cool).

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i want a 'ground zero first responder' mercy skin thats all gritty and covered in blood

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why on Earth would you kick me for inactivity in the shooting range, Blizzard, lmao.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I look forward to genociding legions of robots demanding equal treatment as a member of the united nations peacekeeping force, this is basically what ive wanted since i bought the game

and genji skin.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

why isn't this a skin jfc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

why isn't this a skin jfc

Because Zarya must have skins worse than she has in Heroes of the Storm.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Why on Earth would you kick me for inactivity in the shooting range, Blizzard, lmao.

IIRC isn't the Practice range an actual server you connect to and not a locally hosted game? Which seems incredibly stupid but

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like those new skins

khy posted:

IIRC isn't the Practice range an actual server you connect to and not a locally hosted game? Which seems incredibly stupid but

yea it's dumb and bad but what can you do

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

khy posted:

Yeah it is :saddowns: I have super bad internet so if someone watches Netflix my ping can hit around 4000 so I can't even just practice aiming in the range sometimes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah it is :saddowns: I have super bad internet so if someone watches Netflix my ping can hit around 4000 so I can't even just practice aiming in the range sometimes.

That happened for me regularly until I got some Power Line Adapters, so now I have minimal connection issues

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

That happened for me regularly until I got some Power Line Adapters, so now I have minimal connection issues

I think my line speed is 4mb but they charge us for 8mb and once they tried to go up to 6mb and the line died. However this is an improvement on the era when the internet just stopped if it rained or got cold. I love in Ireland so that happened a lot. It also used to be above ground and go through a hedge and would get cut by hedgetrimmers at least once a month. I live like a mile outside of two separate towns that have fibre optics but no company has extended to the tiny gap between them where I live lmao.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I think my line speed is 4mb but they charge us for 8mb and once they tried to go up to 6mb and the line died. However this is an improvement on the era when the internet just stopped if it rained or got cold. I love in Ireland so that happened a lot. It also used to be above ground and go through a hedge and would get cut by hedgetrimmers at least once a month. I live like a mile outside of two separate towns that have fibre optics but no company has extended to the tiny gap between them where I live lmao.

Is WiMAX an option for you? I used to be in a similar situation except all I had was 1Mb. Then I found out WiMAX was a thing, changed ISPs, they installed an antenna and now I have 16MB and ~30 ping :science: It was a godsend.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goddamnit Blizzard just give Zarya some skins I just wanna play dress-up with my favorite Russian why do you hate the glorious motherland so muuuuch

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they have given her skins before. it makes sense that she doesn't get one for this event because she wasn't in overwatch when it was still around

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was playing Sombra some more and she impersonated Tracer and said "cheers, love" in a British accent.

I'm not sure what made her say that. There wasn't a Tracer on the enemy team for her to mock; maybe it was using her translocator to heal?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Was there a Tracer on your own team?

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Wish they gave Roadhog some cool skins, I seem to be a minority in this but I think his event skins are all terrible and his Islander skin is by far his best one

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Was there a Tracer on your own team?

Nope.

Actually there was a Torbjorn who gave me armor around that time. Maybe that's one of her "thank you" lines?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

they have given her skins before. it makes sense that she doesn't get one for this event because she wasn't in overwatch when it was still around

Eh, she got Olympic skins (her better ones), it's just that I didn't get any and her other two options are meh and ohmygodwhy. The other two events also only gave her a color so I'm starving here. Doesn't help that I play Lúcio and S76 as my random picks.

i just want blizzard to make up for that poo poo industrial skin ugh

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Zarya's snow-dusted skin is pretty great if only because it turns her particle cannon bright pink.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Where's my Winston Overwatch skin.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Theta Zero posted:

I was playing Sombra some more and she impersonated Tracer and said "cheers, love" in a British accent.

I'm not sure what made her say that. There wasn't a Tracer on the enemy team for her to mock; maybe it was using her translocator to heal?

Sombra has a small chance of saying "cheers, love" from any translocator use as far as I can tell.

She does have a taunt when she kills Tracer though, calls her dumbass in Spanish.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think there needs to be some kind of mechanic added to CTF that doesn't end every other match in a draw.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I think there needs to be some kind of mechanic added to CTF that doesn't end every other match in a draw.
Spawn a flag in one of multiple central locations, making teams fight for them there, playing out tug of war to haul it back to base. Introduce a timer for the flag that will make it de-spawn back to a random of these points if it goes uncontested for some time.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

exquisite tea posted:

Rift had the only CTF mode I ever really liked. Flags would spawn in the middle, one every 60 seconds or so, and the first team to hold 3 or 4 flags in their home base won. You could deliver a flag to your base and it got dropped off, but someone from the enemy team could pick it up and run it back to their base. Let to a lot of nuance in deciding when to try and fall back and defend your base and try to steal a final flag, or when you stop holding flags in middle to go turn them in, etc. Plus the game had a definite end point and couldn't result in a draw because the flags kept spawning.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Elman posted:

Is WiMAX an option for you? I used to be in a similar situation except all I had was 1Mb. Then I found out WiMAX was a thing, changed ISPs, they installed an antenna and now I have 16MB and ~30 ping :science: It was a godsend.

Noice! I just filled out a form online to find out if they have coverage in our area, I hadn't thought of them before! I think I'd looked into satellite broadband previously but it didn't really have improvements on speed and had a tiny datacap for a huge cost. Fingers crossed WiMAX works out!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Klaaz posted:

Wish they gave Roadhog some cool skins, I seem to be a minority in this but I think his event skins are all terrible and his Islander skin is by far his best one

I think the Roadhog skins all being ugly is a running gag or something. The "best" one is the shark one but ehhhh.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dren posted:

I think the Roadhog skins all being ugly is a running gag or something. The "best" one is the shark one but ehhhh.

Yeah, shark with red pants is barely better than stock skins of other characters.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Noice! I just filled out a form online to find out if they have coverage in our area, I hadn't thought of them before! I think I'd looked into satellite broadband previously but it didn't really have improvements on speed and had a tiny datacap for a huge cost. Fingers crossed WiMAX works out!

Just in case I wasn't clear, it's a technology not a specific company. But yeah, hopefully it'll work out for you. It's definitely the way to go in isolated rural areas where fibre isn't feasible.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Hey guys Overwatch uses some kind of third-party voice communication library, if I remember correctly the game directory has one dll named after it, anybody has any idea what I'm talking about or can look for weirdly named dlls in the directory? Thanks.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Shy posted:

Hey guys Overwatch uses some kind of third-party voice communication library, if I remember correctly the game directory has one dll named after it, anybody has any idea what I'm talking about or can look for weirdly named dlls in the directory? Thanks.

ortp_x64.dll
File description Vivox Communications API
About Vivox. Powerful voice communication. Vivox provides the best voice chat solution for games: a scalable, high-quality platform that h

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thanks!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

E: ^ Both files are related to same thing.

Shy posted:

I think they are using some VIVOTEK stuff for voice communications, vivoxsdk_x64.dll in the root folder of Overwatch.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Zarya's "Calories" spray is the best but I would probably pick that one up too

I had never seen this. It will be mine.

Kai Tave posted:

Zarya's snow-dusted skin is pretty great if only because it turns her particle cannon bright pink.

Yes, it's pretty legit. The Summer Games ones were okaaaaaaay. But she really doesn't have a single GREAT one yet.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The only good Roadhog skin is the red/white re-color of his default outfit. All of his special skins are dumb.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
clearly nobody here uses the hog skin where he is covered in literal poo poo which is a real shame

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My feeling about most of the skins is that they did a good enough job with the base character models that I think the defaults/recolors look better at least 50% of the time. The only skins that immediately jumped out at me as omg must-haves were Rainmaker Pharah, Junker D.Va, Explorer Winston, and Witch Mercy (never got this RIP).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I like the Christmas one specifically because it looks terrible.