Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I refuse to believe that daughter is 5'1 and 120

I refuse to believe the neighbor is not a pedophile.

This is the soap-opera world I have chosen for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I [24F] am losing my husband [26M] of 3 years. I don't think he loves me; I think he keeps me for my stripping money.

:discourse: title, :smith: story

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

lol, just lol if your lunch is not a hunk of salt from a salt lick and also you are a cow living your cow life. how do you post on sa with your hooves? tell us your secrets, cow person, please.

My husband's friend [44M] compared our daughter [12F] to a farm animal. I [35F] am offended, but my husband [35M] thinks it's funny. Non-Romantic

It's not his fault lady, he grew up on a farm.

lady you control your kid's diet you're doing a billion times more harm to her than your hubby's pet goodolboy

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Nessa posted:

Apparently, my parents felt my younger siblings would just grow out of it on their own with no pushing, so they've always been allowed to eat whatever they want. Their excuse was that I turned out okay under the same parenting, so they expected my siblings to be the same. At least, that's my mom's excuse for my brother. I'm not sure about my dad's excuse for my half sister.

Growing up, I didn't get much of a chance to try things because my youngest brother was an incredibly picky eater, and also the most stubborn person I've ever known. My parents would pull the "you'll sit there until you eat your vegetables," and he would wind up sitting in the dark in front of his untouched plate until they were ready to go to bed. Also, my mom for whatever reason decided that kids didn't care about quality food, so she would put just over zero effort into cooking until we grew up and moved out.

Dinner was frequently boiled hot dogs (sometimes on bread, sometimes just cut up on a plate), or pasta with just butter (brother wouldn't eat anything with "red sauce"). We'd sometimes get pizza, but always just a plain cheese pizza, and a couple of slices of white pizza for my brother. About the most complicated thing she'd make was breaded chicken cutlets. Oh, and we had lots and lots of canned corn with butter. And no cheese on burgers, ever.

I found out years later that my parents actually prefer plain pizza, and when my wife and I took them out to eat they wouldn't try the sushi at the Japanese restaurant we went to. So I guess that's where he got it from.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TVs Ian posted:

Dinner was frequently boiled hot dogs (sometimes on bread, sometimes just cut up on a plate), or pasta with just butter (brother wouldn't eat anything with "red sauce"). We'd sometimes get pizza, but always just a plain cheese pizza, and a couple of slices of white pizza for my brother. About the most complicated thing she'd make was breaded chicken cutlets. Oh, and we had lots and lots of canned corn with butter. And no cheese on burgers, ever.

this is child abuse

My (32f) military officer husband (32m) of 5 years decided I "couldn't handle" news of his deployment. I took him to the airport thinking he was going to be gone for two days and he "surprised" me that he's actually going to be in the Middle East for six months.

quote:

Im so upset I can hardly think strait. Of course I'm upset about the deployment but I'm devastated that he somehow thought I was too immature to handle the preparation of him being gone. I don't feel like we said goodbye properly and I'm worried that there may be some motivation on his part that I'm just not seeing.

Yesterday I took my husband to the airport thinking he had a short trip for some meetings in Texas. After his flight got to Dallas he called and said he'd made it and said he had some news. That he was really deploying to Qatar for six months. At first I thought he was kidding but the more he talked the more I realized this was serious. He'd done all his pre-deployment work without telling me, he shipped his gear over via FedEx and he's literally gone for six months. He will miss my birthday, what I thought were our summer plans, my parents 50th anniversary party that I'm planning and obviously just day to day interaction. Maybe most importantly I thought he were going to start trying for kids this summer.

I asked him why he hadn't told me and he said "because you know you can't handle bad news like this." I said that was so unfair because I still have to handle the news, but now I have to handle the news alone. He said I was "lucky" because he's had to worry about this for three extra months while I "got out of that part." I said that was ridiculous and this is so much harder. He said he thought he did the right thing and won't apologize for that. He then had to get on his connection to his military flight overseas. He tried to call me last night but I told him I was too upset to talk.

I will have a few hours to talk to him today and want to make sure I'm supportive of his being gone but I'm devastated and I want him to understand that he screwed up so big. Should I wait until he gets back to really address this or do I let him know everything that I'm feeling now.

Surprise!

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Me [38F] with my son [16M] I'm absolutely terrified of my son's internet relationship
Morning everyone, I've been struggling recently with something out of the norm, my child's internet relationship.

I'm a single mother and my son is 16 years old. He has the same routine everyday when he gets home from school. He comes home, briefly tells me hello, grabs a soda before going into his room, shuts the door and stays on his computer till sometimes as late as 3 am.

He has done this since he was about 13 and his grades at school reflect it. He's failing all his classes and lacks the motivation to do anything.

He plays a video games pretty much all day long and is on some sort of voice program where he talks to his friends that live across the country. Most of them seem like normal people, but one friend he talks to in particular, who we'll call Peyton, is rather concerning. My son's room is fairly close to my own, and I can occasionally hear the muffled atrocities, anger, and down-right disgusting behavior that emanate from his speakers. I hear Peyton yelling things like "talk to me on more time and you gonna get you are skull cracked" or "do you wana suck mine arse". This is only a small fraction of the things I hear on a daily basis, usually its him screaming like an absolute maniac out of anger or trying to bring my son down.

The thing I find most concerning is why my son continues to affiliate himself with Peyton, why would you want to be around someone so angry, so vicious, so.... terrifying. But he talks to him every single day for sometimes 8+ hours.

Should I sit him down and have a conversation with him? I have no idea what to say. Any advice is appreciated, especially from parents who are in a similar situation.

edit: I also forgot to mention one of the scariest parts about this, my son is dead set on meeting this guy....

tl;dr: My son is in an abusive relationship online and I don't know what to do

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My (32f) military officer husband (32m) of 5 years decided I "couldn't handle" news of his deployment. I took him to the airport thinking he was going to be gone for two days and he "surprised" me that he's actually going to be in the Middle East for six months.

Well on the upside there is a non-zero chance she wont have to murder him herself.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Barudak posted:

Yeah if at my 90th birthday my grand kids/ great grand kids dont eat the ethnic food Ive chosen Id be absolutely heart broken so thanks for turning me into the Gumbo Gestapo.

Plain egg noodle and breaded chicken are like a picky eater's dream come true, but they refused to even try it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

so when she says relationship does she mean "the relation between these two people" or does she mean this guy is her son's internet boyfriend?

this is child abuse

Surprise!

At least this is marginally better than the guy who repeatedly directly lied to his small child about it

And as a plus, they were planning to "start trying" for kids, so at least leaving him while he's deployed will be easy!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That mom could try parenting and limiting her son's computer usage, but that's too hard. Lol at thinking trash talk in a game is a sign of an abusive relationship.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mak0rz posted:

Eat whatever you want at home or in restaurants but if you are given food by a gracious host that invited you to dinner and refuse to eat any of it then you are an insolent child. Force it down if you have to. There's no way it's that unpleasant.
My grandmother cooked a pork shoulder in the pressure cooker and used equal parts ketchup and soy sauce as the cooking liquid. Let me tell you how pleasant that wasn't.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

That mom could try parenting and limiting her son's computer usage, but that's too hard. Lol at thinking trash talk in a game is a sign of an abusive relationship.

the gamer failson mom didn't use a throwaway

How do I tell my daughter i'm NOT okay with her having intercourse in my home?

quote:

Hey TwoX, i'm in a pretty difficult spot here and don't really know how to go about it. I hope ya'll can offer up some advice as to how you would go about my current situation.

So basically my daughter just turned 14 about a month or two ago and she has been dating this boy for around a year or so now. He comes over fairly often, around four times a week and usually stays the night, sleeping on the couch. Now I know what kids are like these days and don't really like to think about it, but as of recent, I can hear things, things a mother doesn't really want to hear while trying to sleep in her own home. My daughter doesn't think I can hear whats going on in the living room, or her room but I can, and to be honest I thought my daughter would have more respect than that. I eventually fall asleep pretending like I didn't just hear what went down, but its difficult. I wake up in the morning as if nothing is wrong but there is.

How can I confront my daughter about this? I'm really uncomfortable about the subject and its something I would prefer not to talk to my daughter about if possible and I feel like it would create some tension between us or with her boyfriend.
Really in a pickle here ya'll :/

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

If that's actually his internet boyfriend she might be right to be concerned tho

I'm not saying everyone with anger management problems is an abuser but there's a pretty strong correlation

A friend of the family had his daughter move in with him and eventually his solution was to just scream at her boyfriend down the stairs with "STUFF A loving SOCK IN HER MOUTH, I"M TRYING TO SLEEP"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 11, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feel bad for that mom, its hard to communicate things when you were born without a mouth.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

If that's actually his internet boyfriend she might be right to be concerned tho

I'm not saying everyone with anger management problems is an abuser but there's a pretty strong correlation

I think you're taking the poo poo spewing of a 16 year old way too seriously.

It sounds like he's a typical Xbox Live edgelord.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The mom is somehow the timid cuckold boyfriend in this story, what the hell

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Do parents really think they have no choice but to let their 14yo have someone stay overnight to gently caress? It seems like "Go home at 10pm" would solve this.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Mirthless posted:

I think it's far more likely that he and his friends yell and talk poo poo while playing games all night. There is zero indication that the guy is his boyfriend.

Also, maybe the mom could tell her 14 year old daughter that her boyfriend can't sleep over? Jeez, talk about a failure of a mom.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

lady you control your kid's diet you're doing a billion times more harm to her than your hubby's pet goodolboy

5'2" and 120 is acceptable. It just means she's gonna have boobs.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

I think you're taking the poo poo spewing of a 16 year old way too seriously.

It sounds like he's a typical Xbox Live edgelord.

Well, yeah. :shrug:

Having said that, would you feel comfortable knowing your kid was dating somebody who acted like that?

Leon Einstein posted:

I think it's far more likely that he and his friends yell and talk poo poo while playing games all night. There is zero indication that the guy is his boyfriend.

Also, maybe the mom could tell her 14 year old daughter that her boyfriend can't sleep over? Jeez, talk about a failure of a mom.

It's just the use of the word relationship that is throwing me off. It also seems like a silly thing to make that big of a deal about if they're just friends, but then again, this is kind of a silly lady, so :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

Having said that, would you feel comfortable knowing your kid was dating somebody who acted like that?

I think 50% of teenagers are dating someone who acts like that. Teens are little shits.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bored posted:

That's uh, not how boobs work.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Mirthless posted:

It's just the use of the word relationship that is throwing me off. It also seems like a silly thing to make that big of a deal about if they're just friends, but then again, this is kind of a silly lady, so :shrug:
You always pick the dumbest interpretation possible, and stick to it. Do you really think the 14 year old boy playing video games with online friends is in an abusive relationship with his gaming buddy because the guy talks poo poo? Were you born fully grown, or did you forget that 14 year old boys often enjoy talking poo poo?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ouhei posted:

That's uh, not how boobs work.

5'2" and 120 pounds is not super fat though. That's where I was in my 20s with big boobs and very little fat.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bored posted:

whoops yeah I skimmed over the measurements after the part where even mom thinks she's a fatty and is just mad at anyone saying it out loud

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Barudak posted:

Well on the upside there is a non-zero chance she wont have to murder him herself.

Qatar is a cakewalk. She could visit him, though maybe not be allowed to drive herself around town. I was in a civil engineering unit and we lived in tents while we paved the place. You even get to have three alcoholic drinks every night.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

You always pick the dumbest interpretation possible, and stick to it. Do you really think the 14 year old boy playing video games with online friends is in an abusive relationship with his gaming buddy because the guy talks poo poo? Were you born fully grown, or did you forget that 14 year old boys often enjoy talking poo poo?

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here.

Are you saying he can't be gay because he's 14, or are you saying he can't be abused because he's 14?

Most kids don't scream at videogames loud enough that their friends' parents can hear them, through speakers, through closed doors, on the other side of the house, just ftr.

edit: oh yeah we got the ages screwed up, too, the boy is 16 and we don't know how old his friend is

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 11, 2017

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Bored posted:

5'2" and 120 pounds is not super fat though. That's where I was in my 20s with big boobs and very little fat.

I'm not saying she's super fat, but everyone carries weight different and it doesn't always result in big boobs.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mirthless posted:

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here.

Are you saying he can't be gay because he's 14, or are you saying he can't be abused because he's 14?

oh my god

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

That is actually a completely normal weight, I don't know where people are getting the idea that it's out of some kind of range?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pick posted:

That is actually a completely normal weight, I don't know where people are getting the idea that it's out of some kind of range?

Yeah it's not fat or even moderately thick...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It is pretty fat in China. Like, clothes not guranteed to be in your size at general market stores.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bored posted:

5'2" and 120 pounds is not super fat though.

More like not fat at all? That's a perfectly normal and healthy weight for that height.

Edit- drat you guys really jumped on that. good on ya.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

For the record, I didn't mean to imply she was fat in any way, just that her height/weight combo doesn't automatically mean big boobs because that's now how that works.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

It is pretty fat in China. Like, clothes not guranteed to be in your size at general market stores.

I'm not chinese and I don't live in China, but Google says the average height of a chinese woman is 5'1" and the average weight is 127 lbs. Seems like 5'2 and 120 would be right around that?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The measurements are a lie everyone the mom the dad the guy call her fat

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

To quibble over redneck etymology, "heffer" is definitely dehumanizing and sexualizing, but I don't think he's necessarily calling her a great big fatass. Mom needs to keep her daughter the hell away from farmer billybob in any case.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
stop being goony thank you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

How is it sexualizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mirthless posted:

I'm not chinese and I don't live in China, but Google says the average height of a chinese woman is 5'1" and the average weight is 127 lbs. Seems like 5'2 and 120 would be right around that?

That may be average but its not how it works out in practice. If youre a woman under 25 and over 110 you are a fatty fat fatty mcfatterson.

For sake of anecdote reference I'm 5'11 and at 175 pounds and had to get custom clothing made because they literally did not have clothes for someone as "fat" as I am.