Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yeah, well, Skurge's last stand notwithstanding, the comics mean jack in the trailer because Mjolnir is shattered by Hel.

We still have angry Hulk and evil Jeff Goldblum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Are you sure that gif isn't from the Warcraft film?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Herr Tog posted:

Thank you~

And wait apocalypse hates mutants? I...am out of touch with comics clearly. I'll go read uh onslaught as uh penance?

Uncanny Avengers #11:

The Sentry is extra super turbo crazy in this arc. He's got more voices in his head than usual and he's going off script to do his own thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So do you suppose his skin sounded like a very tense rubber band snapping when his face reformed over his skull into place or was it a soft schlurping sound

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Calaveron posted:

So do you suppose his skin sounded like a very tense rubber band snapping when his face reformed over his skull into place or was it a soft schlurping sound

Probably a slurp. In the second to last panel you can see it just hanging loose.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Goatsentry

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Avulsion posted:

Probably a slurp. In the second to last panel you can see it just hanging loose.

Yeah I noticed it just now upon a reread
Ok so did it sound like a soft wet slurp or like a very noisy zipper

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

someone put a ring on that finger

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Herr Tog posted:

someone put a ring on that finger

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What was even the point of that.

"Hey guys, check out what my face can do!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Well one of his powers is he's super freaky. Yeah he's a super freak.

Serum is a hell of a drug.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yeees, I love the lack of musculature

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

yeees, I love the lack of musculature

Well duh! Haven't you seen skulls? They're so big and faces are so small! There's no way there's enough space for muscles.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Man Uncanny Avengers was pretty fun, even if it turned out to be largely inconsequential due to time travel fuckery.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Axis was such a lame send-off for Uncanny and Rick Remender.

At least he has 17 rad Image comics going.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Schneider Heim posted:

Man Uncanny Avengers was pretty fun, even if it turned out to be largely inconsequential due to time travel fuckery.

Yeah, Thor in Uncanny Avengers was a good compliment to Jason Aaron's Thor. You even get the origin of young Thor's axe.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

That hairstyle looks familiar. Is it Lilandra from the old X-Men comics?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Dick Trauma posted:

That hairstyle looks familiar. Is it Lilandra from the old X-Men comics?

No, she's one of the gods of the Shi'ar though!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nilbop posted:

There is no point. Sentry is Peak Crazy.

He was trapped in the Sun (I think Thor threw him in there or something?) And he kept dying and regenerating over and over. His mind is broken.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Well jeez, you don't have to pull your face off about it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Nilbop posted:

To solidify the fact that Sentry is the worst character.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

To solidify the fact that Sentry is the worst character.

This too.

His basic character is "Let's take Superman and make him completely unpredictable, insane and homicidal. Also he abuses drugs."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some might argue that's what makes him much more interesting than Superman.

He may be a bad hero and a bad Avenger but he's an interesting character. I especially like how he fits into Siege.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

zoux posted:

Some might argue that's what makes him much more interesting than Superman.

He may be a bad hero and a bad Avenger but he's an interesting character. I especially like how he fits into Siege.

I thought WickedHate finally got banned

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flosofl posted:

This too.

His basic character is "Let's take Superman and make him completely unpredictable, insane and homicidal. Also he abuses drugs."

They already have stardust!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Man, i loving wish Sentry was Stardust.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

bobkatt013 posted:

No.

You don't "have" Stardust, Stardust has you. And now he's going to press you flat under the weight of your hubris and throw you like a frisby to the other end of the universe so you can ponder your mistake for the rest of time.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Keeshhound posted:

No.

You don't "have" Stardust, Stardust has you. And now he's going to press you flat under the weight of your hubris and throw you like a frisby to the other end of the universe so you can ponder your mistake for the rest of time.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I thought the Plutonian was a fairly well-done riff on Superman as an rear end in a top hat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I thought the Plutonian was a fairly well-done riff on Superman as an rear end in a top hat.

Even that wasn't really Superman as an rear end in a top hat. It was Superman as a person with a fragile mind and no real support system that let things get under his skin to the point of just completely snapping and having a mental breakdown. Everything he did prior to his snapping was to help people and his mental state just couldn't handle it when people derided him just for trying to help. And then he went completely bonkers when all his out of costume friends found out he was Plutonian and they all turned against him like their friendship meant nothing. I mean he had a rough go of it even for someone who was mentally healthy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

X-O posted:

Even that wasn't really Superman as an rear end in a top hat. It was Superman as a person with a fragile mind and no real support system that let things get under his skin to the point of just completely snapping and having a mental breakdown. Everything he did prior to his snapping was to help people and his mental state just couldn't handle it when people derided him just for trying to help. And then he went completely bonkers when all his out of costume friends found out he was Plutonian and they all turned against him like their friendship meant nothing. I mean he had a rough go of it even for someone who was mentally healthy.

When you have super-hearing, you can hear everybody who poo poo-talks you, and that's got to get under your skin eventually.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

X-O posted:

Leaving your mentally disabled and paralysed brother who you crippled as a kid to slowly starve to death is a bit of a dick move, tho.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Breetai posted:

Leaving your mentally disabled and paralysed brother who you crippled as a kid to slowly starve to death is a bit of a dick move, tho.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

So he's a DC Character?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

KaosMachina posted:

So he's a DC Character?

IDGI but he's a superman analogue. except his powers are all explicitly an extremely powerful telepathy that for most of his life he has subconciously applied as superman powers. I think at the end there he's aware and so powerful with it that he can just rewrite that guys whole arm to be off and healed. Also we meet his parents at some point, that's fun.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

DC went through a "ripping people's arms off" phase, which started sometime around Infinite Crisis (I think,) and might still be ongoing for all I know.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It would've been slightly before that. The joke is that it's a Geoff Johns trademark and the first I can recall him doing it is an issue of Hawkman from 2003 or so where Hawkman hacks off the Matter Master's arm with an axe.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

haitfais posted:

DC went through a "ripping people's arms off" phase, which started sometime around Infinite Crisis (I think,) and might still be ongoing for all I know.

Ah. Thanks. :) Have someone being a badass after having lost some limbs. With bonus Cage. From Tbolts 147.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Wheat Loaf posted:

It would've been slightly before that. The joke is that it's a Geoff Johns trademark and the first I can recall him doing it is an issue of Hawkman from 2003 or so where Hawkman hacks off the Matter Master's arm with an axe.

What about this classic from the 1980s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

What about this classic from the 1980s?

I love that it detaches at the shoulder and not the more obvious seam on his bicep.