Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Catberry posted:

Apparently as much as 15% of travelers don't show up for their flights so the airliners use that to estimate how many extra tickets to sell per flight.

So if a flight has 100 seats they sell... say 110 tickets. Most of the time it's not a problem and when it become a problems you offer up a few hundred bucks and a hotel room and volunteers will give up their seats.
This should not be legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Catberry posted:

Apparently as much as 15% of travelers don't show up for their flights so the airliners use that to estimate how many extra tickets to sell per flight.

So if a flight has 100 seats they sell... say 110 tickets. Most of the time it's not a problem and when it become a problems you offer up a few hundred bucks and a hotel room and volunteers will give up their seats.

A friend of mine showed up late for her plane in Paris because they had booked it so that the plane she was arriving on landed minutes from when she had to check in for the next plane. It wasn't physically possible to cross the distance in the airport in time to check in. So when she showed up they had already sold her seats to other people. With a lot of fighting she managed to argue herself onto another flight home the next day. She got no hotel and had to sleep at the airport.

The next day arrives and the plane she was supposed to catch was never announced on the departure list, only announced over the speakers. In loving French. So she missed that one and the airline told her she could gently caress off now because she missed her second chance. She had to pay 1200 Euros to catch a plane back home.

Maybe she could have argued her way back home for "free" eventually, but the travel agency were very quick to close their phones for the day, and at this point she had slept two nights at the airport, and she had her daughter with her.

the first bit is something that shouldn't have happened; any flights from EU airports are subject to EU law which treats this sort of situation as being equal to a delayed flight caused by a fault by the airline. She should have got meals and accommodation covered at least; I think that they should have covered the costs of a replacement ticket and she could have claimed up to €800 in compensation. Certainly shouldn't be sleeping in the airport unless there was a reason she couldn't go land side (visa maybe?) or if the flight was at like 4am or something.

Also don't be surprised that French airports announce stuff in French, that's why you listen to the announcements. Although usually it's French and the language of the place that they are flying to...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

IceAgeComing posted:

Also don't be surprised that French airports announce stuff in French, that's why you listen to the announcements. Although usually it's French and the language of the place that they are flying to...

In my experience, airports announce in the local language, as well as in English. Never heard an announcement in the destination language (although that might be because in my case it's been Greek and who cares?)

You're right about the rest, I believe. The EU has some pretty good laws about that kind of thing, even though I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be announced on the list. Not impossible, just never heard of anything like that.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

IceAgeComing posted:

the first bit is something that shouldn't have happened; any flights from EU airports are subject to EU law which treats this sort of situation as being equal to a delayed flight caused by a fault by the airline. She should have got meals and accommodation covered at least; I think that they should have covered the costs of a replacement ticket and she could have claimed up to €800 in compensation. Certainly shouldn't be sleeping in the airport unless there was a reason she couldn't go land side (visa maybe?) or if the flight was at like 4am or something.

Yeah things seem simple once someone is back home, safe, fed and rested.

But when you're alone on an airport in a foreign country. Tired and hungry and everyone you met is hostile and reluctantly speaking English while the people you call for help are just as disinterested. It's no longer as simple.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man those hostile French people, why are they so reluctant to speak the one true language, amirite?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Fathis Munk posted:

Man those hostile French people, why are they so reluctant to speak the one true language, amirite?

I'm sorry you're French.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

No, they sell you the ticket and you move the money from your possession to their possession, and then they tell you to piss off.

There was one case recently where a couple bought a seat for their kid, just the kid's seat was revoked, they ended up carrying the kid on their laps, and then they didn't get the money back for the kid's seat because gently caress you, that's why.

Yeah, airlines have some wide latitude with how they charge for seats. For example, we paid for an upgraded seat for my mother-in-law. The flight was delayed and everyone ended up on a different plane without those better seats. Delta would not refund the additional fee.

But while some people fly the airline with the lowest cost, carriers know a lot of people are locked in with one particular airline because of perks or just availability since Delta has the only nonstop flights to my wife's fuckall rural home state.

So airlines can say gently caress you, pretty easily.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krispy Kareem posted:

we paid for an upgraded seat for my mother-in-law. The flight was delayed and everyone ended up on a different plane without those better seats. Delta would not refund the additional fee.
How is that not illegal? They promised a service, accepted payment for it, failed to provide it, then just kept the money?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The Ferret King posted:

I'm sorry you're French.

I'm sorry people from another country did not speak your language perfectly I guess :shrug:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tiggum posted:

How is that not illegal? They promised a service, accepted payment for it, failed to provide it, then just kept the money?

If you read the fine print, they're only selling you the first shot at those seats.

If none exist on the plane because of a delay beyond their control, well, sorry!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

There's probably a best effort clause in the carriage contract. And even then it's probably still not "legal", but you'd have to take them to small claims court over a $50 fee.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm sorry people from another country did not speak your language perfectly I guess :shrug:

It was a story about an overall bad experience with air travel. You getting defensive about other languages doesn't change how lovely airport experiences can be.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I found the way it was written to be pretty lovely to non native English speakers. You know, like most Europeans. Excuse me for having an opinion I guess.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Fathis Munk posted:

I know the background. French is a language which, if you don't speak it properly is difficult to understand. Structure being so important and all. So French speakers are afraid, when they don't master a foreign language, that they won't be understood. The blunder is not the fault of the common Frenchman. And as properly, in case you have been to think of approximately it.

I have spent a very limited time in France. In one restaurant the waiter wouldn't take my order unless I ordered in French. He was being a bit of a dick about it even though it was a tourist heavy town. Flash forward a couple years later and I'm buying a ticket to see some Greek ruins and there is a French family in front of me trying to order 4 tickets in French. The ticket lady responded in Italian that she doesn't speak French. He tried in French again and she said she didn't understand in her broken English.

There are MANY Frenchman that really admire and appreciate the USA for our assistance but you have to leave Paris to find them. The problem is that people always assume that the reason people don’t answer in English is they don’t speak English. Which isn’t necessarily true, many factors can push someone to speak French rather than English, fear, pride, laziness.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

I found the way it was written to be pretty lovely to non native English speakers. You know, like most Europeans. Excuse me for having an opinion I guess.

:jerkbag:

The way you replied was way, way shittier. Do you go around talking like that and get confused when nobody likes you?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Prism posted:

If you read the fine print, they're only selling you the first shot at those seats.

If none exist on the plane because of a delay beyond their control, well, sorry!

If you bitch enough they'll make it right. I got screwed with an economy plus upgrade like this and they put me in first class instead. The flight steward and I got along and he fed me free scotches up until we landed (he even swapped my glass for plastic when we were landing)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Catberry posted:

My point is that they're selling tickets. It's not like they're just reserving space and then running the credit card when they arrive at the airport the day of their flight. Cancelling and getting a refund is one thing, but for a no-show the money is already in their hands. Unless their margins are so low that they're really pushing for the peanut and drink sales to make up the difference.

So in this case, they're taking the guy's money and then refusing to provide him with the product he paid for because they need to give it to their own employees for free. Imagine going to the store and buying a first aid kit, and then after you hand over your money they give the last first aid kit to an employee to take home and try to bribe you into walking away.

And then when you tell them that you desperately need a first aid kit because someone is injured and there's nothing on hand back at the site, store security beats you up and drags you outside, and the store issues a statement that they tried to make you happy but you just couldn't be reasoned with and had to be removed.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Catberry posted:

There are MANY Frenchman that really admire and appreciate the USA for our assistance

loving :laffo: at that whole post but this part in particular. I think we should just drop this subject because nothing good will come of this.

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

:jerkbag:

The way you replied was way, way shittier. Do you go around talking like that and get confused when nobody likes you?

Man, I posted an acerbic response on something awful dot com, how could I.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't get all huffy when people don't speak English well, but I live in a diverse place, and I'm not a giant rear end in a top hat.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LiDTKEF1ek

Jippa has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Apr 11, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I mean that's literally my point though, maybe don't paint people in a bad light because they can't speak English? Maybe don't say they are hostile and reluctant as if they simply chose not to?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Fathis Munk posted:

loving :laffo: at that whole post but this part in particular. I think we should just drop this subject because nothing good will come of this.

Man, I posted an acerbic response on something awful dot com, how could I.

You are getting dangerously unchill I don't even know any more.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm sorry but that post was pretty hilarious, starting from the 2 anecdotes that somehow prove your point and finishing with the implication that the French should be grateful for the USA's "assistance".

My whole grief is just that imo the way you formulated it was painting the people at that airport as huge assholes that just didn't want to speak English with your friend and not as foreigners who maybe are just very bad at speaking English. I don't feel like this is such an unreasonable point tbh.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I kept trying to read this on my feed but my eyes kept glazing over so if I missed a spot, sorry

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm sorry but that post was pretty hilarious, starting from the 2 anecdotes that somehow prove your point and finishing with the implication that the French should be grateful for the USA's "assistance".

My whole grief is just that imo the way you formulated it was painting the people at that airport as huge assholes that just didn't want to speak English with your friend and not as foreigners who maybe are just very bad at speaking English. I don't feel like this is such an unreasonable point tbh.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect staff at the counter of an international airport to speak English.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I think that's very easy to say when you're a native English speaker.

And in theory I agree with you. In practice some people just loving suck at languages and are afraid to say something wrong every time they open their mouth. Hell I speak good English but I still get afraid to talk sometimes.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

subpar anachronism posted:

I kept trying to read this on my feed but my eyes kept glazing over so if I missed a spot, sorry

Idiots on Social Media: NOT TODAY, SATAN!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw FB and Imgur exploding over It was "what are they distracting us from?"...Maybe I'm just feeling slightly cynical at the moment lol but I'm having a hard time taking it seriously. If it's real then it's hosed up but then again, we're probably not getting the whole story either.

As with most media, it's probably just a distraction. Yeah, it was a lovely thing to happen to that poor guy, but there are bigger things going on.

Just looking on the surface of media all that is shown is little things like United Airlines debacle, cute dogs and cats, maybe a shooting here or there.

But the volcanic activity that seems to be popping up all around the "ring of fire" is being ignored over the last few months... In fact, if you try to look up news stories about it the first visible ones are about 'Lost' and old TV series (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=volcano&tbm=nws&tbs=qdr:m). But if you look closer there has been some weird activity (both volcanic and earthquakes) recently.

The close miss asteroid coming in a little over a week isn't getting any attention. http://www.space.com/36404-asteroid-2014-jo25-earth-flyby-coming-april-19.html

A year ago a 'mysterious green light' crossed over Southern California (I think the navy came out later saying it was testing a missile): http://ktla.com/2016/04/27/mysterious-green-light-streaks-across-southern-california-night-sky/

Just last night seemingly very similar green light lit up the night sky, also in Southern California (warning: automatic video/audio): http://www.10news.com/news/green-flash-seen-across-southern-california-skies

Most news sources are saying it's a meteor, but apparently, meteors don't give off green light, as described in this comment from last years green sky light

I haven't seen anything to explain the strange green light from last night, maybe the Navy will come out with another, "Oh yeah, we forgot to tell everyone that we were testing another giant missile over a highly populated area!"

But when someone tries to figure out if there is any kind of connection between these events, they are labeled as a conspiracy theorist... So we should all just go back to being spoon fed the news stories about some guy being pulled off a plane.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Thanks LoB :unsmith:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

International airport employees being too anxious to try speaking English = ok

Person in stressful situation being hosed around by airlines getting annoyed that employees are reluctant to speak English = not ok

Got it

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Apr 11, 2017

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

International airport employees being too anxious try speaking English = ok

Person in stressful situation being hosed around by airlines getting annoyed that employees are reluctant to speak English = not ok

Got it
continuing a dumb derail = not ok

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
E : nvm

Elizabethan Error posted:

continuing a dumb derail = not ok

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
E:nvm

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I recently took a flight and had the luck to listen to an old whisky tango (white trash) lady about 50 years old speaking to a young mother (18ish) traveling to see her babies daddy who was serving at a military base.

I listened to the older lady talk about how her two sons in their mid 20s live with her and how they both have "Baby mama drama" which caugh me off guard since I usually don't think white ladies her age would talk like that.

The young mother looked about 5'5", weighed about 200 lbs, wore an oversized frumpy sweater, yoga pants, uncombed hair and no makeup. She talked about how she hadn't seen her husband in six months and was about to be picked up by him at the airport.

She also told the old lady she was trying to go to community college because she didn't want to depend on her husband.

Two things struck me about i observed. First thing was that this girl hadn't seen her husband who is serving in the military for six months and she couldn't even try to make herself look attractive...wtf? Secondly, why did she marry and have a child with a guy she didnt want to depend on. Btw....the old lady was egging her on and giving her the "you go girl" bullshit.

This was an eye opener to hear the unfiltered truth come straight out of their mouths.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I am now going to LoB myself by digging up some poo poo from governmentsgetgirlfriends, a sadly deleted blog that has some good ol' incel crazy on it. A goon was nice enough to send me some archive.org links and I've just remembered they did :v:

Incel of course stands for Involuntary Celibacy so you know you're in for a treat. Let's start with this dude laying out the government program he'd like to finally stop being incel. All formatting is mine unless specified, just picking out the parts I like most in case you don't like walls of text.

quote:

Programs for treating incel/love-shyness

Program for treating involuntary celibacy

Many incel men can’t even get a date on dating sites and are constantly rejected if they cold approach or express interest in women they meet through their social circle.

Government should offer women money to go on blind dates. These women would freely apply for such program, as would incel men. Every woman would have a limit of 30 dates. If she doesn’t find a suitable partner during those 30 days she will be fired to prevent scammers – however, she would be paid the full sum, as would a woman who finds a partner during one of these 30 dates.

There was an even nastier argument – that all incel men are creeps so no woman should be going on dates with them. This is so disgusting and offensive to members of this site that it doesn’t deserve a comment.

Using this program, many involuntary celibate men would get their first date or improve their chances of finding a partner.

Program for treating love-shyness

Love-shyness is a phobia of approaching women with romantic intention or asserting yourself romantically/sexually on a date, combined, in some cases, with a phobia reciprocating romantic interest. It must not be confused with mere social phobia. Psychologist Brian G. Gilmartin wrote a book on it called Shyness and Love: Causes, Consequences, and Treatments in 1987. The fact that Dr. Gilmartin occasionally supports his claims with astrology and other pseudo-sciences cannot be used to discredit the claims which are based on real evidence; remember that Isaac Newton gave us alchemical and religious texts along with the calculus and gravitational theory.

Due to their phobia, love-shy males can’t be treated as pure incel males. In order for them to be cured their erotophobia must be defeated. To achieve this goal women, all of whom would freely apply and be paid for it, would teach these men how to cuddle and kiss – which, to most of them, would be their first experience of these things. In the end, once their phobia has receded, there would be an option of these women sleeping with them, but only if both parties agree. If any of these males refuse to have their first time that way their wishes would be respected, same if any of the women refuse to have sex with a male.
This program would eliminate love-shyness. After it is completed formerly love-shy participants could join a program for incels or try meeting women on their own.

If these programs worked same programs might be opened for homosexual men and women.

Critiques

Some people objected to these ideas on the following grounds

1. Some say it’s immoral because it uses poor women. I find this argument disgusting. Wouldn’t single poor women like to get more money they get on welfare and try to meet a man they desire than be unemployed? Also, why should only unemployed/poor women apply? Anybody can apply.

2. There was an argument that there is no program for incel women. Of course, anybody with basic understanding will see that this is also a program for incel women.

3. Dating sites- a number of commentators noticed that dating sites already provide a possibility of getting a date. It’s true that dating sites give men a chance to get a date. What’s not mentioned is the fact that these sites contain a disproportionally high amount of males and that it is hard to get a date there. Using this program those who apply are guaranteed dates.

So this establishes our protagonist as a totally normal man who just wants the government to pay for him getting a girlfriend since he can't get one by himself. Let it not be said that this man lacks ambition though.

quote:

Electioneering
Posted on February 8, 2013 by governmentsgetgirlfriends

Some of my friends have tried to persuade me to become an independent candidate on my country’s parliamentary election. Despite me being an almost complete anonymous they promised to gather a sufficient number of signatures for me to become a candidate.

I thought about it because of one thing only, and that was the possibility of addressing the nation through the most influental media, in order to tell them that

-the country would institute the program described here [the above list]

- I would enforce an immediate dismissal of feminist judges, like the one that granted the mother’s request that the father be banned from seeing her daughter for 6 months because the mother claimed “she felt freightened because she didn’t know where her child was ” during the month her daughter spent on vacation with her father (which was granted by a court decision) and that her daughter couldn’t do her “kindergarten obligations” (???!!) during that time, the one that acquitted the two women that kidnapped the child of a man whose wife became a cult member or the one who gave a woman who murdered her husband a 3 year sentence

- incompetent female social workers, like the ones who needed 380 hours to finally grant custody to a father over a drug adduct mother, thereby greatly harming the childrens school performance and attendance in classroom or the ones who let 3 children die would be punished much harsher

-anti-fascism is not only a civilizational attainment but a principle point of view of every free individual in a free society

- I don’t need or want the support of Catholic Church

-I’m not counting on votes from neofascists and clero-fascists

- I don’t need the votes from feminists, manginas and pseudoliberals

-the privileges to a certain group of worthless people in the country are devouring it’s economic potential more than nepotism, corruption and organized crime together

- I would do everything for a true reform of the legal and law enforcement system

- I would apply myself to establish good and friendly relationships with all the neighbouring countries while resolving all currently open questions

- I would stand for strict principle of separation of church and state, and a revision of contracts with the Vatican, with my goal being keeping the country secular and saving budget money, let Catholic Church be financed by those who need it

- I would aggresively tried to spread the view that promotion of fascism isn’t a democratic right to a different opinion, for there isn’t and can’t be any democracy for opponents of every democracy and expressing of other opinions

-I’d do whatever it is in my power to reevaluate my country’s resistance movement in WW2 and present it as a heroic fight

The question about the number of votes I would have gotten will remain unanswered.

This poo poo's kinda tame but I don't want to post my favorite :wtc: sentence quite so early

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I recently took a flight and had the luck to listen to an old whisky tango (white trash) lady about 50 years old speaking to a young mother (18ish) traveling to see her babies daddy who was serving at a military base.

I listened to the older lady talk about how her two sons in their mid 20s live with her and how they both have "Baby mama drama" which caugh me off guard since I usually don't think white ladies her age would talk like that.

The young mother looked about 5'5", weighed about 200 lbs, wore an oversized frumpy sweater, yoga pants, uncombed hair and no makeup. She talked about how she hadn't seen her husband in six months and was about to be picked up by him at the airport.

She also told the old lady she was trying to go to community college because she didn't want to depend on her husband.

Two things struck me about i observed. First thing was that this girl hadn't seen her husband who is serving in the military for six months and she couldn't even try to make herself look attractive...wtf? Secondly, why did she marry and have a child with a guy she didnt want to depend on. Btw....the old lady was egging her on and giving her the "you go girl" bullshit.

This was an eye opener to hear the unfiltered truth come straight out of their mouths.

lol

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Their employers expect it of them, because there are idiotic and narcissistic customers who expect it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_labor

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You might ask why Mr Governtments Get Girlfriends does not just try dating. Well he tries (abridged for shortness) :

quote:

Worst date of my life, on empathy and some facts about my situation
Posted on January 19, 2013 by governmentsgetgirlfriends

Well, I had my first sort of a date in 2013 and it turned out to be my worst first date ever, to a point where it was downright scary for both.

We met online, soon figured out we are living really close to each other and arranged a meeting. I wasn’t impressed by her looks, though they were quite above the acceptable minimum. She is a very dedicated musician, seemed smart, I couldn’t say if I had a bad feeling about it or not…. Intuition was never something I could rely on.

I was in a very bad mood that day and told her about my goals of wanting to write a book and then kill myself. And then all hell broke loose. She became very aroused, angrily saying I’m putting her in an uncomfortable position, that she doesn’t want to feel any blame and that I will surely never see her again. I tried to explain that it has nothing to do with her. I even repeated that I do not like her as a potential partner and that this is not some silly tactic to make her be with me.

Eventually, I asked her to listen to my story. She did, stopping me at one point during the part of my story on the early days when I was still too shy to even meet girls IRL, noting I’m extremely sensitive and asking me if I had any trauma with women before that, which I said I didn’t. She also interrupted me several times with bullshit like “There are many men who can’t approach women”.

When I tried to explain that I’m currently in a very bad condition because those SMS dating services are now gone she said I should go on trying on that dating site… yeah, the one where you either get no replies or replies by low quality women who don’t know what they want.

I was very upset by all this. I knew she will certainly remove me from her friend list on Facebook so I did it myself first, sending her an angry message wishing she could never play her instrument again while retaining healthy hands and eyes, so that she might see what real problems are. She blocked me, as I expected.

What was all that about? What could she go through that could have been worse than my problems, which often incapacitated me for months, years? What was so much worse than going without a single kiss for more than 2 years while wanting it like crazy? Cancer? She passed every year in college up to now and spent her days going to classes and nights playing in orchestra. Both of her parents were alive and working, as was her brother. She had no health problems I could notice and seemed really healthy. Only time she mentioned her problems was when she said how her profession is full of competition.

In all probability, she was just another regular woman who didn’t understand incel at all. I know very well how educated, intellectual types who don’t understand react. They react with disgust and empty phrases.

So, yeah, she really is a cold, rude person. Unless something worse really did happen to her, but was it really that bad if she managed to turn out that good? I know there is no way to measure these things, but I am almost certain she was just a terrible, terrible bitch.

EDIT- facts on dating using mobile phone/Internet….

Looking for a girlfriend alone is hell for me – in about 20 dates I had since 2006 one was a stunning success in which I made the girl fall in love completely, one was pretty special, however not in romantic terms at that moment (we got together later, though) and 3 were pretty good each in their own way. I was only in a relationship with 2 out of these 5, and one of them was sexless while the other one was long distance.

Other 15 were various variatons of failure.

I had two dates in the spring of 2006 (both horrible failures), a date which was eventually first among three in summer 2006 (explained here), one date in late spring 2007(failure), two dates in early summer 2007( one a stunning success, one a complete and expensive failure), two dates in 2008 (failures), one date in April 2009 (which started a series of complicated events- I didn’t try with any more women or go to any more dates from that April, even before we started dating in November 2009 till we broke up), three dates in 2011 (one a sort of success, but not the right person for anybody, a weirdo), two failures.

2012- three failed dates, two successful ones and had sex with both girls more than once but if you consider the amount of time I’ve invested in dating after finally resolving to at least lose my virginity that year (I’ve spoken to at least 100 women) and the fact that both of these girls were toxic, spoiled trash all in all it was still a really frustrating experience.

Such amount of failure means that leaving me to deal with this on my own is a bad idea – my success rate is low enough that I am almost constantly angry and years go by without me finding a girlfriend.

EDIT 2 – to see just how hard it is to get a date using that site take notice that my last date before this was in late July 2012. I did have a girlfriend for a month a half in the meantime but before I did I was trying really hard to meet women, even more so after we broke up.

| Tagged insensitivity, weirdness

What kind of a terrible incel is he if he actually had dates and stuff. Still, ggf is not very optimistic about his prospects.

quote:

Failure coming up
Posted on February 6, 2013 by governmentsgetgirlfriends

Well, it seems like I have a date arranged tomorrow. Like I’ve been telling my resident manginas here, there was absolutely no problem once a kind, serious and mature person replied – it was arranged in less than an hour. This happened because, like I was telling manginas, I do my best not to act desperate and more educated, intelligent girls appreciate the fact that I have some brains. Unfortunately, despite having a great talk with a pretty attractive girl I am almost certainly setting myself up for another frustrating failure. It’s not hard for me to think of several reasons…

1. It’s not that long since I got out of a mental hospital. Though my stay was short my nerves are still poo poo and I spend most of my days home, on heavy medication. I really don’t think I am able to appear normal.

2. My pale, tortured, haggard, and, due to medication, very bloated look and eye bags anull my otherwise pretty solid facial looks. Plus I have a lovely haircut and don’t have a beard, which usually looks great on me. I’ve also gained a shitload of weight.

3. My desperation can be smelt. What alleviates my desperation a bit is the fact that I’m talking to another girl who I’ll likely meet next week so she’s not that crucial, but still…

4. I’m pretty pissed about what happened today. Two girls replied to my ad yesterday, one of them this girl I’ve arranged a date with. I’ve added them both on facebook, adding this girl I’ll see tomorrow two minutes earlier. I wanted to talk to one of them and apologized to the other girl, saying I was currently busy. Today I see she removed me from friends and said that, after the extremely bad experience she had yesterday with some guy on that site, she realized she was insane to even try dating like that. What the loving gently caress?! Stupid immature bitch. And what the gently caress could have happened to her through some stupid messages? I sent her a message explaining that she should just have ignored the idiot and that I’m not like that, as I met several girls that way but she didn’t reply. I might try again with a longer message but I don’t have much hope. Anyway, this is an extremely bad sign. Whenever something like this happened it was followed by new trouble.

5. I have extremely low social status. It will eventually become a problem, even if we end up in a relationship. Women are extremely wary of entering relationships with total strangers.

6. I feel like my best times are gone. I should have had dates at 16 but was too afraid. I had one magical date at 19 which I never got over and one more good date in 2009, but nothing compared to 2007. My life energy is gone. The fact that I’m no longer shy with women at all doesn’t go in my favor because I’m too old and exhausted now. I will never be that young, strong boy again. That boy had a terrifying phobia of women but it didn’t matter. He was better looking, had more energy and was less damaged. If he had settled his life at 16 he’d do just fine. I’ll write about that later.

Me being what I am now nobody will ever be with me. It’s too late. And this date will be a failure. For the first time, I am absolutely sure of it. I just hope it won’t be too unpleasant.

EDIT- found out she’s a daughter of a famous local psychologist. This explains her good manners and education, but could only spell trouble for me. drat.

But at least he's hedging his bets by sending a buncha letters to his govt

quote:

An example of a letter to my government
Posted on January 15, 2013 by governmentsgetgirlfriends

This was written last year

It has been eight years since I’ve been aware of my attraction to women and five years since I’ve managed to arrange my first date. During that time, I was unable to attract most women for a longer period of time and my successes were always followed by painful mistakes and mishandling I was unable to rescind.

These unfortunate events have brought immense suffering upon me and my family.

It is now the eight year of my involunatary celibacy, a condition both painful and demotivational in every aspect of my life. This is why I request the following

a) that the government of this country find means to find me a girlfriend within the next 2 weeks

b) that this transaction is to happen without anybody being forced into having a relationship with me, with appropriate people giving me skills and introducing me to interested girls

c) that this is to be done under discrete circumstances.

I have yet to receive a reply.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Idiots on Social Media: I have yet to receive a reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Fathis Munk posted:

You might ask why Mr Governtments Get Girlfriends does not just try dating. Well he tries (abridged for shortness) :

What kind of a terrible incel is he if he actually had dates and stuff. Still, ggf is not very optimistic about his prospects.

But at least he's hedging his bets by sending a buncha letters to his govt

This is sounding eerily similar to Elliot Rodgers