Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Pebble should have her own podcast, just 3 hours of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmrSNDrWSg

[Profanity intensifies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Just saw that on insta and I am always impressed with both her gusto and broad range of profanities. A very talented bird

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I love her so much...and he is so patient with her and you can see the love he has for her.

They have such a wonderful relationship :)

It does make me a bit sad to think of her young birdhood learning all the swearwords...shes lucky that he is able to look past all that and see her for the awesome personality she is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Disco Salmon posted:

I love her so much...and he is so patient with her and you can see the love he has for her.

They have such a wonderful relationship :)

It does make me a bit sad to think of her young birdhood learning all the swearwords...shes lucky that he is able to look past all that and see her for the awesome personality she is.

You say this like every native bird in Australia doesn't have a large and varied lexicon of profanity memorised.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You say this like every native bird in Australia doesn't have a large and varied lexicon of profanity memorised.

"oi oval office wheres the sunnies"

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Suntan Boy posted:

I was tossing his ball into the air.

He looks like a Pokemon here, with those lil' beady eyes

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

true that... then it must be genetic since she is in Canada iirc :P

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
You've heard of cat loafs. Now prepare yourself for a bold new frontier: cockatoo loafs!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
The challenge is how do I hug three cockatoos at once without losing fingats/face???

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Tendai posted:

The challenge is how do I hug three cockatoos at once without losing fingats/face???

very carefully haha

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That must be a very loud house.

Clary
Jan 6, 2011

What are birds?
We just don't know.
Speaking of loud households... Anyone else have a bird that absolutely despises the vacuum? Griddle never fails to flip the gently caress out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CIGckJ1vXs

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Wet Ohtori

Wet Steve

Ohtori gets scratches

Ohtori has a nut

Clary posted:

Speaking of loud households... Anyone else have a bird that absolutely despises the vacuum? Griddle never fails to flip the gently caress out.

Steve will stand his ground and threaten it, and if he's not trying to fight it Ohtori will give me a drat good squeaking and ear biting

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I have a cat who will run and hide if you so much as walk towards the vacuum. Shes a rescue, I think she was abused :(

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Max has now destroyed 4 computer mice. He'd been good for almost a year and I got comfortable, too comfortable. Left the room for 2 min and when I came back I found him beak-deep in chewy scroll wheel.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Clary posted:

Basically Boop. Brooms too. And swords.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Clary posted:

Not a bird owner, so this may seem like a stupid suggestion, but have you tried putting a cover over the cage and seeing what that does?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Mizuti posted:

You've heard of cat loafs. Now prepare yourself for a bold new frontier: cockatoo loafs!

oh my god, i'm dead

Aug 24, 2011

Tendai posted:

accept the sacrifice

Mizuti posted:

its nice to see them preening each other.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Clary posted:

Taco hates the mop. A lot. The vacuum doesn't phase her.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Thing One and Thing Two are okay with the vacuum as it only makes noise (they can make more) and can't get inside their cage. The broom, however, once attacked them before their wings were clipped when they wouldn't come down from the curtain rod and is obviously a fearsome enemy.

PEZ dispensers are where true horror lies.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Clary posted:

Agrippa looks exactly like Griddle and the vacuum scares the poo poo out of him. When he was younger (he's only like a year old now) he would fly off his cage, flop down behind the TV and get all dusty.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

where the red fern gropes posted:

its nice to see them preening each other.

By "them" you mean the two while one lazy pig takes advantage of them?

Aug 24, 2011

EVIL Gibson posted:

bird has a harem

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

EVIL Gibson posted:

That lazy pig is a princess, thank you very much (pretty sure her name is Princess Peach, a delightful name for a cockatoo)

Murphy is a little wild child and I normally try to approach from above and paralyze him with the delight of scritches. Here he is in a calm moment before he remembers he has things to clamber on and beak

Also he keeps crawling all over my head and somehow flipping himself over and then getting stuck upside down, driving himself into a fury. I wish I could take a picture of his tiny little baby conure rage, he's so indignant he can't get to my shoulder because he's upside down bungee cording from my hair. It's hilarious

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Flock off, other birds! This food is mine!

Edit: Bonus baby cockatoo making noises like a steamrolled dinosaur.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 11, 2017

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Mizuti posted:

Flock off, other birds! This food is mine!

i want that painting. my local nordstrom also has a giant painting of a cockatiel in one of the entryways that i would very much like.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Daily dose of birbloaf

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Clary posted:

Yoshi hates the vacuum, but I think it might just be because he knows when it's coming out, he's going to be locked in another room on his stand so that I can clean his cage, along with the mess he's made all over the floor.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mizuti posted:

From the about page of that tumblr:

quote:

I’m a hugehugeHUGE bird fanatic (obvs) and I’ve lived with birds all my life, from chickens to ducks and budgies to cockatoos. I currently own 16 parrots in total, along with many other critters. A house filled with 2 parrotlets, a cockatiel, a lineolated parakeet, a lovebird, 3 quakers, 2 caiques, 2 indian ringnecks, 3 cockatoos, a diamond dove, 6 chickens, a german shepherd, a mini aussie, a frilled dragon, an ackie monitor, and a chinchilla is definitely a zoo :,)

quote:

I am a 20 year old poor college student that lives on campus with her cockatoos. Yes, my dorm is pretty loud, and will get very messy every day :,).

HOW

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
wtf is a mini aussie?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

GoldStandardConure posted:

wtf is a mini aussie?

Miniature Australian shepherd, or Rove McManus

edit: vvv god dammit

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 12, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Narrator posted:

I think you'll find that's a Rover McManus :v:.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Narrator posted:

edit: vvv god dammit

I was thinking Angry Anderson, he is pretty mini too.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

That just screams "in the process of inheriting my parents' animal hoard" :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
OT but You would be surprised at how many "house pigs" the RSPCA ask us to take in. 99.9% of then are regular piglets sold as micro pigs with the inevitable results. Unfortunately we can't take the ones without paperwork, and "but we didn't know you needed paperwork for a pet!!" so the RSPCA has to call out defra to get them destroyed.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Youth Decay posted:

From the about page of that tumblr:

HOW

like most animal hoarders she either works for a "rescue" that does not have it's poo poo together and just lets her take home whatever she wants, or she trolls craigslist/kijiji/whatever 24/7 and snags everything she can get for free or cheap

I'm surprised she is getting away with this in a loving dorm tho, even if she leaves the bulk of her hoard with her parents or whatever I can't imagine your neighbors putting up with screaming cockatoos in a dorm setting when there are people studying or trying to squeeze in what precious little sleep they can

learnincurve posted:

OT but You would be surprised at how many "house pigs" the RSPCA ask us to take in. 99.9% of then are regular piglets sold as micro pigs with the inevitable results. Unfortunately we can't take the ones without paperwork, and "but we didn't know you needed paperwork for a pet!!" so the RSPCA has to call out defra to get them destroyed.

what I don't understand about micro pigs is that the internet is the only reason they really took off as pets and the same tool that popularized them can be easily used to determine that micro pigs aren't a real thing and are in fact just a scam that farmers with no scruples pull on dumb city folk with too much money to spend

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 12, 2017

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

We have a family of Carolina wrens who has made a nest in my flower pot in the last 24 hours. :3:

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I'm a moron and read the situation incorrectly, ignore this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I saw your AV and had a vision of a 700lb Guinea pig :D