Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I hope the game doesn't follow the UC4 model and has half the game consist of you following a set path while an NPC shows you what to do. It was just so boring, and I liked the other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

I hope the game doesn't follow the UC4 model and has half the game consist of you following a set path while an NPC shows you what to do. It was just so boring, and I liked the other games.

It looks like totally new gameplay

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uncharted is a hockey game now.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Man, the system software update today hosed up my PS4 Pro something fierce. It would just freeze on bootup. I had to do a safe mode restore.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uncharted as an open world roguelike

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Man, the system software update today hosed up my PS4 Pro something fierce. It would just freeze on bootup. I had to do a safe mode restore.

I would like this to not happen to me.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uncharted as an open world roguelike

I would totally play Uncharted x Spelunky

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Snak posted:

I would like this to not happen to me.

Don't install it. Don't turn the console on. Stop paying the electricity bill. Life is a nightmare, kill yourself and wake up. The sky and the cosmos are one.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I got this with my non-pro, and I hadn't even installed the update, it just booted up to the PSVR processing unit fans running at full speed. 38 minutes later I had gotten everything back up and running and the processing unit is as loud as it used to be. It also threw that SU-30627-8 error my way but no problems patching up in safe mode or with anything else. Pain in the rear end.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

So my £10 voucher came though, and I was going to drop it on Dex, but I saw Necropolis is down to 9.99 for the sale. I heard it was a good souls-like but really thin on content. Did it get padded out a bit with patches, or is it worth punting on?

Late reply but I hope it's still on time:

I've been following Necropolis on Steam for quite some time and the game started to get some good reviews by the end of 2016 but sadly they abandoned it and seems that they aren't adding more content. Go for DEX wich is a fully featured game or something else, but don't throw money to Necropolis unless it drops to like 2€ or something.

tweet my meat posted:

How active is Titanfall 2's multiplayer scene right now? I'm thinking of getting it while I'm stocking up on some new games.

Really active. I find games within seconds with low ping (EU) on almost any game mode, more if you play colonies.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Pablo Gigante posted:

I pre-ordered it while it was still on sale yesterday but P5 has taken over my life so it might be a while before I dig in. What kind of bugs

A couple visual ones here and there. Occasionally an item or item description doesn't show up.

Also, I'm not sure how finished the game is supposed to be but I bought a piece of gear in a store that just had "placeholder" written in the description area of skill bonuses.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Don't install it. Don't turn the console on. Stop paying the electricity bill. Life is a nightmare, kill yourself and wake up. The sky and the cosmos are one.

Or some say cosm

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Or some say Kosm

Ftfy

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Other than Starblood Arena, which I gameflyed, what came out today that may be worth a look?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm interested in Kero Blaster because it's by the Cave Story guy but I don't know if that turned out good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feenix posted:

Other than Starblood Arena, which I gameflyed, what came out today that may be worth a look?

Cosmic Star Heroine looks cool, Kero Blaster is a lot of fun

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lakbay posted:

I'm interested in Kero Blaster because it's by the Cave Story guy but I don't know if that turned out good

It's fun, it's a more straightforward sidescroller with levels rather than a Metroidvania

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is that What Remains of Edith Finch game worth a look?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's fun, it's a more straightforward sidescroller with levels rather than a Metroidvania

How replayable is it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lakbay posted:

How replayable is it?

Mildly, It has a NG+ and some secret weapons and whatnot

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

teh_Broseph posted:

Agghh I'm sucking at googling this..anyone know if the slim upscales regular blurays to 4k?

And I dunno about this gamefly thing, signed up a week ago to save the hassle of buying and reselling stuff just to run through some single player stuff once, and I haven't heard a peep for a week with my queue lookin like:

To follow up on this, I flipped my queue around Thursday or so to put the highest available ones first, still nothin' but I'd seen two games go to 'Now available'. First thing this morning I mailed 'em to see what was up that I signed up on the 1st and hadn't heard anything yet, boom couple hours later got an e-mail that Ratchet&Clank shipped from a different distro center and an e-mail to apologize, refund of a few bucks, and said they'll watch my account closer. Fingers crossed it'll go more smoothly!

In theory I should put whatever I wanna play first (Dinobots) and it'll just go down the list and send whatever is available..right?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I see that Nier Automata is doing well both on PC and PS4 because Bayonetta just showed up on Steam. I know this is the PS4 thread but holy poo poo this is great news, it shows that both Sega and Platinum are doing well.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Guillermus posted:

I see that Nier Automata is doing well both on PC and PS4 because Bayonetta just showed up on Steam. I know this is the PS4 thread but holy poo poo this is great news, it shows that both Sega and Platinum are doing well.

Or someone realized there is a market to be had on the PC. Unfortunately Bayo2 won't show up unless Nintendo signs off on it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

teh_Broseph posted:

To follow up on this, I flipped my queue around Thursday or so to put the highest available ones first, still nothin' but I'd seen two games go to 'Now available'. First thing this morning I mailed 'em to see what was up that I signed up on the 1st and hadn't heard anything yet, boom couple hours later got an e-mail that Ratchet&Clank shipped from a different distro center and an e-mail to apologize, refund of a few bucks, and said they'll watch my account closer. Fingers crossed it'll go more smoothly!

In theory I should put whatever I wanna play first (Dinobots) and it'll just go down the list and send whatever is available..right?

I've used Gamefly off and on for years. If something is available it should ship out the next day after you put it on your list. Having something not available or low has never kept other games on my list from not shipping out. Sounds like something got screwed up somewhere.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime is a super fun coop game not entirely unlike (but still not quite like) FTL. Deffo a great DL. Maybe I am behind the times.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dex it is. Cheers, guys!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lovers in a dangerous spacetime is a lot more fun than I was expecting especially since it's basically Nyan Cat the game, but the lack of online play is a huge shame, especially since it seems like it would be best with 4 people.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

MrLonghair posted:

I got this with my non-pro, and I hadn't even installed the update, it just booted up to the PSVR processing unit fans running at full speed. 38 minutes later I had gotten everything back up and running and the processing unit is as loud as it used to be. It also threw that SU-30627-8 error my way but no problems patching up in safe mode or with anything else. Pain in the rear end.

Same thing here, but without the PSVR.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

No way I'm installing that patch.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do I need to install the patch to download a game

I want gtav again and have it but I heard the new system patch is spooky

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you cant log in without up to date firmware

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Do I need to install the patch to download a game

I want gtav again and have it but I heard the new system patch is spooky

It's not a mandatory update. I just paused the download. Store and network seems to be working just fine.

Awesome! posted:

you cant log in without up to date firmware

Incorrect. Depends on the version.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's in my library waiting to be started so I just wasn't sure

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Incorrect. Depends on the version.
well i guess i havent tried to play during any of these non mandatory updates then, my bad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

verbal enema posted:

It's in my library waiting to be started so I just wasn't sure

Pause the download, or delete it using options button if it already downloaded.

Unless you want to be a beta tester.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
GTA or the system update

System update says it's waiting to be installed in the notifications but I'm playing p5 rn

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

My system updated. Now theres a corrupted data on the home screen that says "remove disk" if I touch it.

Well the disk is me a ending into nier and I'm terrified to lose my save. Guess it will live there until I'm done with Nier.

Nier is the disk. The nier icon is next to the corrupted data and loaded my save fine. I'm scarred.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kingtheninja posted:

A couple visual ones here and there. Occasionally an item or item description doesn't show up.

Also, I'm not sure how finished the game is supposed to be but I bought a piece of gear in a store that just had "placeholder" written in the description area of skill bonuses.

FWIW they accidentally pushed a beta build up instead of the final one. It should be fixed now, so check for patches.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bombadilillo posted:

My system updated. Now theres a corrupted data on the home screen that says "remove disk" if I touch it.

Well the disk is me a ending into nier and I'm terrified to lose my save. Guess it will live there until I'm done with Nier.

Nier is the disk. The nier icon is next to the corrupted data and loaded my save fine. I'm scarred.

I had the same thing in my home screen and I just ejected the disc I had in and put it back and everything worked out fine, my save wasn't touched at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

With Gamefly make sure that the shipping preferences for your Q are what you want