Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

The Mario Galaxy link doesn't work. Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Paintamac posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for something to watch that is really relaxing? I've been have a series of really lovely days lately and could just use something nice and simple to unwind with.

They're actually pretty informative (and sometimes Catsworth is there) but I found Smite's Civ V playthroughs pretty relaxing:

But you could almost say that about all his videos, he's not a very screamy guy.

edit-wth stupid youtube autoformatter. Let's try this:

All right, that's obviously not going to work. The first video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyjW0pl23M

Scaramouche fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 6, 2017

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Paintamac posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for something to watch that is really relaxing? I've been have a series of really lovely days lately and could just use something nice and simple to unwind with.
The Jackbox tournament is just a bunch of goons playing very simple games together and trying to run surreal in-jokes into the ground. Not sure how relaxing that would be but it's a very chill event. Also we could use more players.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Paintamac posted:

Well that depends on what makes you relax. Me, I'm partial to single-commentary, informative but laid back stuff by people with non-annoying voices. Some of what makes me relax:

thevoiceofdog's LP of Lisa
Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex
davidspackage's LP of SOMA

Those aren't made for laughs, but are awesome for some serious chillin'

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Paintamac posted:

Not SA, but Kaz is a chill dude who LPed Diablo 2 without clicking on monsters because it's a hassle. Very relaxing.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 8, 2017

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Pierzak posted:

Not SA, but Kaz is a chill dude who LPed Diablo 2 without clicking on monsters because it's a hassle. Very relaxing.

Huh. I swore I remembered him having a thread for it here, but it doesn't seem to have made it to the archives.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

xoFcitcrA posted:

Huh. I swore I remembered him having a thread for it here, but it doesn't seem to have made it to the archives.

He did, yeah.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Is there a good Parasite Eve 2 video LP floating around Youtube somewhere? Looking for something that isn't blind and pretty informative, no reading text off the screen the whole game with a face cam thing.

I found this one but I haven't watched the videos yet to check it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_JxQ_Tm8O8

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

xoFcitcrA posted:

So that's why I originally thought he was from here! Must've been the time when archives were hosed but still archiving into nothingness.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Specifically, his username is My Name Is Kaz, not just Kaz.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
Kaz's Diablo 2 thread is still around, although unsurprisingly it needs archives to view.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

you could also just go watch it on his youtube channel

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
...which is what I originally linked.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Pierzak posted:

...which is what I originally linked.
Can't blame them, the whole point was to avoid clicking on things.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

thatll teach me to post when im tired

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Is there a good Horizon: Zero Dawn LP? I'd prefer a skilled playthrough, no facecams. Informative would be nice.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CrazySalamander posted:

Is there a good Horizon: Zero Dawn LP? I'd prefer a skilled playthrough, no facecams. Informative would be nice.

Sadly,none that I know of. ChristopherOdd's LP is the most decent. But even then he's not very good at the game.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I've been interested in Kingdom Death after seeing Woolie of 2BFP play it and playing it myself, but is there a playthrough somewhere online where someone actually fully completes the game? I've only found one complete playlist, but the player's not really that interesting to watch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Highwang posted:

I've been interested in Kingdom Death after seeing Woolie of 2BFP play it and playing it myself, but is there a playthrough somewhere online where someone actually fully completes the game? I've only found one complete playlist, but the player's not really that interesting to watch.

None that I can think of, sadly. Especially since most "civilized" circles frown upon it as edgy garbage,and SA poster FirstAidKite says that anyone who likes it is a rape apologist. That's what he said on Steam when I asked him the same question.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

VolticSurge posted:

None that I can think of, sadly. Especially since most "civilized" circles frown upon it as edgy garbage,and SA poster FirstAidKite says that anyone who likes it is a rape apologist. That's what he said on Steam when I asked him the same question.

I've seen a lot of criticisms related to the hosed-up art, but is there something else I'm missing? Is this a D&D 5E sort of deal, where one of the people involved in creating the game is a horrible person, or is this a reaction to the oh-so-edgy deviantart art style used for the game?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Olesh posted:

I've seen a lot of criticisms related to the hosed-up art, but is there something else I'm missing? Is this a D&D 5E sort of deal, where one of the people involved in creating the game is a horrible person, or is this a reaction to the oh-so-edgy deviantart art style used for the game?

It's more of the latter,combined with the female characters being depicted as busty babes and some of the monsters looking like stuff from Berserk.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

It's more of the latter,combined with the female characters being depicted as busty babes and some of the monsters looking like stuff from Berserk.

Its more the loincloth slave women and monsters with details genital and nothing special rules.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also the part where mutilated women is an ongoing theme with everything i've seen of it

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

CrazySalamander posted:

Knight and Day have a Horizon: Zero Dawn LP without facecams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDUpoyqwA20 I wouldn't call them experts by any stretch of the imagination, but their videos are a lot of fun.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Anyone recommend a VLP of NieR: Automata? Preferably either blind or with a blind participant.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fedule posted:

Anyone recommend a VLP of NieR: Automata? Preferably either blind or with a blind participant.

Did you already watch kyles stream, who's the va of 9s?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Tae posted:

Did you already watch kyles stream, who's the va of 9s?

I have not. It sounds amazing. Link it immediately.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Fedule posted:

I have not. It sounds amazing. Link it immediately.
Here ya go:
https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I miss the 6 month rule on LPs

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What was that civ II lp with the dinosaur mod

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Gond. It's on the archive now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Skwirl posted:

I miss the 6 month rule on LPs

Wait six months to watch/read the LP.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Gond.

Possibly redundant, but I wanted to come back and link to the LP for any lazy folks in the thread. Here you go, dinosaurs + Civ = Gond.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Gond.

Possibly redundant, but I wanted to come back and link to the LP for any lazy folks in the thread. Here you go, dinosaurs + Civ = Gond.

and they have gond guru

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sternieliscious is running an LP of Radiata Stories that's worth checking out if you haven't already.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Can anyone suggest a decent Persona 5 Let's Play for me to watch? I'm pretty sure I'll never ever get to play Persona 5 proper, so I might as well dig into the content vicariously. Giantbomb's Persona 4 stuff was excellent, but I'm kinda hoping for a less bumbling, learn as you go approach, but I guess that too was part of the Giantbomb charm.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's one in this forum, as well as a sslp.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

The Lone Badger posted:

There's one in this forum, as well as a sslp.

Well poo poo how'd I miss that? Cheers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dinictus posted:

Can anyone suggest a decent Persona 5 Let's Play for me to watch? I'm pretty sure I'll never ever get to play Persona 5 proper, so I might as well dig into the content vicariously. Giantbomb's Persona 4 stuff was excellent, but I'm kinda hoping for a less bumbling, learn as you go approach, but I guess that too was part of the Giantbomb charm.

And here's the screenshot one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
And if you want outside source, killscottkill has a full playthrough up and he wrote the gamefaq guide that everyone recommends.