Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

SettingSun posted:

It's selling and reviewing very well, so it is nearly guaranteed to have a rerelease of this game sometime down the line.

Wikipedia says the Japanese week one sales were about 330K across both platforms, compared to 190K for Persona 4, so... yeah, if P3 and P4 are anything to go by, it's certainly not impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, there'll definitely be a rerelease at some point. Hell, Persona 3 got two of 'em.

The main questions are "When?" and "On what console(s)?" I'd predict just PS4 again like Persona 3 FES, but if they made a Switch version so it could be portable that would own extremely hard.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Harrow posted:

Yeah, there'll definitely be a rerelease at some point. Hell, Persona 3 got two of 'em.

The main questions are "When?" and "On what console(s)?" I'd predict just PS4 again like Persona 3 FES, but if they made a Switch version so it could be portable that would own extremely hard.

Considering I still crack out P4G on my Vita from time to time and replay it, having P5 on Switch would be wonderful.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

sexpig by night posted:

it's gonna be ages until I can afford the psychic poo poo because yea I'm spending all my money on my ho rear end teacher and stuff like eating contests so I can bro out with mr gun man

stop talking poo poo about Becky. I just like calling her that because I'm waiting for someone to say 'Isn't that Kawakami?' and I can be all like 'no its becky'. She ain't no ho rear end teacher, she's just really loving good at working 50 jobs at once.

Now it kinda makes sense why that social link lets you do more stuff in a day.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'd like to believe that they'll just leave it and we'll be spared another stupid re-release that shoehorns a bunch of fanservice into the game, but that would require people to stop loving easy money.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Actually a switch version would be rad if the console could handle it

The PS3 can handle it, I can't imagine any way in which the Switch can't.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

The Ryuji/Mishima dates for Hawaii and the Culture Festival are objectively the best ones, and it's a shame that people chasing their waifus will not see them.

Why would I ever hang out with Mishima?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eh, P4G's only real misstep was Marie, in my opinion. Everything else about it is a nice improvement on Persona 4. I'll put up with Marie for the rest of P4G's improvements. Persona 5 definitely has some areas that could be improved (for example: stop preventing me from doing things at night, Morgana! I know the game wants to make it tough to max out a lot of things but that's more frustrating than it's worth!) so I wouldn't mind seeing an updated rerelease in a couple years that does that.

Or, y'know, rereleasing it on something portable even with no/very minor changes would be pretty sweet.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Persona 5 Switch: Now that cat tells you not to do that tonight on the go

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

darealkooky posted:

I'd like to believe that they'll just leave it and we'll be spared another stupid re-release that shoehorns a bunch of fanservice into the game, but that would require people to stop loving easy money.

Well, it took them more time with each re-release. FES came out after a year, but Golden took almost four.

Maybe we'll get Persona 6 before it comes out!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Persona 5 Switch: Now that cat tells you not to do that tonight on the go

The ad for it should be Morgana telling Joker he shouldn't play video games tonight because they have to go somewhere, then Joker's like "gently caress you, cat!" and pulls out a Switch and plays video games on the go and blows that silly cat's mind.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Harrow posted:

Eh, P4G's only real misstep was Marie, in my opinion. Everything else about it is a nice improvement on Persona 4. I'll put up with Marie for the rest of P4G's improvements. Persona 5 definitely has some areas that could be improved (for example: stop preventing me from doing things at night, Morgana! I know the game wants to make it tough to max out a lot of things but that's more frustrating than it's worth!) so I wouldn't mind seeing an updated rerelease in a couple years that does that.

Or, y'know, rereleasing it on something portable even with no/very minor changes would be pretty sweet.

I will say that the P4G extended hot springs scene stuck out like a sore thumb, even for a series as pervy as Persona, but other than that, yeah, I'll take a couple of missteps in exchange for the vast improvements.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm more excited for Persona 5 Arena. Since because half of Persona 4 an 3's characters are either cops or part of a shady government agency, my cool friends The Phantom Thieves will beat the crap out of them.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I never played Persona 3, so if they could release a port of that on the PS4 that would be cool. Same for P4G, I played that on Vita but having it on an actual console would be nice. These games are pretty fun and fill an interesting niche.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Do people really prefer disembodied voices saying they can't go out like in every other Persona game?

Because Morgana is no more restrictive than that. Also you don't just lose a month in 5 like you do in 4 because you get a lovely job and time skips in summer.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

goro is a pleasant smiley boy and all of you are neither pleasant nor smiley to him

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zore posted:

Do people really prefer disembodied voices saying they can't go out like in every other Persona game?

Because Morgana is no more restrictive than that. Also you don't just lose a month in 5 like you do in 4 because you get a lovely job and time skips in summer.

I'll take morgana telling me to go to bed because a plot thing happened to the previous two games where you're just sitting on your thumbs for weeks at a time between plot points

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zore posted:

I think 3 and 4 were better at hiding restrictions, I don't remember restriction complaints on here when p3 and 4 came out (besides the summer internship) and Morgana saying "don't do that" is a meme on 4chan at the moment

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Serf posted:

I never played Persona 3, so if they could release a port of that on the PS4 that would be cool. Same for P4G, I played that on Vita but having it on an actual console would be nice. These games are pretty fun and fill an interesting niche.

Persona 3 Portable is downloadable for Vita. It's my very unpopular opinion that FES (downloadable for PS3) is better for a first playthrough of that game, but I know most everyone disagrees.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Please tell me Mokoto doesn't get mad about you for replying (s-link spoiler) "Beep Boop" when she asks if she's a robot.

Would like to think she has more of a sense of humor and able to laugh at herself than that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Zore posted:

yeah maybe it's only because I'm in late June, but the Morgana thing really hasn't bothered me.

Like not trying to say it doesn't happen a lot but somehow it doesn't irritate me at all

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LuiCypher posted:

stop talking poo poo about Becky. I just like calling her that because I'm waiting for someone to say 'Isn't that Kawakami?' and I can be all like 'no its becky'. She ain't no ho rear end teacher, she's just really loving good at working 50 jobs at once.

Now it kinda makes sense why that social link lets you do more stuff in a day.

hey man not hating on her for being a ho rear end teacher. Everyone needs to make some yen, I'm just saying this woman is draining my wallet faster than she drains my...

washing...just washing, this is all very above board and legal and not a front for anything thank you.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

theblackw0lf posted:

Please tell me Mokoto doesn't get mad about you for replying (s-link spoiler0 "Beep Boop" when she asks if she's a robot.

Would like to think she has more of a sense of humor and able to laugh at herself than that

I have bad news for you.

In her defense, it's really bad timing considering her best friend just walked out on her emotionally speaking.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Persona 5 rebellion edition: now you can date Sae and all the boys

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im only on Rank 3, but boy do I not care for Devil at all sorry ma'am

like somehow i'd rather hang out with an old failure politician and a cute boy who wants to arrest my alter ego than a drunk journalist

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Instant Grat posted:

Persona 3 Portable is downloadable for Vita. It's my very unpopular opinion that FES (downloadable for PS3) is better for a first playthrough of that game, but I know most everyone disagrees.

:same:

The intro and ending are sort of the best parts of the whole game, the crazy anime cutscenes make them a lot more effective than the lovely in-game models or static images the PSP has to deal with.

Also they removed or heavily changed a bunch of mechanics for literally no reason besides "this is how persona 4 did it" which is kinda lovely because except for direct control P4 did all those things worse imo

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Failboattootoot posted:

Good news for you, this never happens.

Morgana is my least-liked character of the bunch but I don't know if it's because he's bad or because he's the face of, "better get to bed early tonight!"

He popped out for me during one of Anns Slinks and it freaked her out. Although that might have just been one of those summer day hangouts and not actual time spending, like the one where Ruji and Mishima bump into each other.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

IceBorg posted:

While I hope this would be true you can actually have a date with Hifumi, who is in the same school as Yusuke, if you have her confidant high enough by the trip so sadly his story was true

I didn't date her and she says that she actually went to LA when I went to visit her in the church. Either he got lost or actually stowed away to meet up with his buddies.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

im only on Rank 3, but boy do I not care for Devil at all sorry ma'am

like somehow i'd rather hang out with an old failure politician and a cute boy who wants to arrest my alter ego than a drunk journalist

Tora's an extremely good confidant so that's no surprise.

I don't mind Ohya though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everyone should hang out with Tora because every visit is a rank up and being able to recruit higher level persona's is very cool and good.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

darealkooky posted:

:same:

The intro and ending are sort of the best parts of the whole game, the crazy anime cutscenes make them a lot more effective than the lovely in-game models or static images the PSP has to deal with.

Also they removed or heavily changed a bunch of mechanics for literally no reason besides "this is how persona 4 did it" which is kinda lovely because except for direct control P4 did all those things worse imo

They also didn't really change the difficulty of the existing content to deal with a combat system where you directly control all 4 characters, so as a result, the game is way easier.

Then again, Golden is much easier than Vanilla P4, and I still like it better, so maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end.

But yeah, the presentation suffers heavily in P3P. Aside from the missing cutscenes, there are literally no 3D environments at all, outside of the dungeon.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 11, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This game owns and it makes me sad that I am nearly finished. P4 owned a lot but I wasn't ever able to just sit down and play the poo poo out of it for a week solid like I have with this game

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
It seems incredibly stupid to me that the School Uniform and Beachwear outfits are free DLC instead of just being in the game by default. The reason they're free is that it's stuff that's already in the game in other contexts - why not just have it be available without having to wait until Atlus decides to throw it up on the PlayStation Store? As it is, the Costume-option in the menu is completely useless unless you hit up PSN (unless something changes after September).

I know the answer is that it makes their absurd $60+ of cosmetic DLC look less greedy if they throw up some freebies as "presents" alongside all the paid stuff, but still.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Starting with the next game (out on the PS7) to allow you to invite your friends over. Some days I get hang out requests from my entire crew. Why not just invite them over to watch some DVD or play some Famicom?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tora's an extremely good confidant so that's no surprise.

I don't mind Ohya though.
Oh for sure, Sun's great. It's just on it's face I thought it would be a real snore, but in fact was this one!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You get to hang out with Lala-chan though

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

darealkooky posted:

This is insane to me, Persona 3 sucks about so much arcane bullshit

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
If I'm in a palace is it possible to pop outside quickly and chop personas I dont need to make room or will that kick me out of the palace and waste time?

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

If I'm in a palace is it possible to pop outside quickly and chop personas I dont need to make room or will that kick me out of the palace and waste time?

There should be a Velvet Room door at every Palace's entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I can't remember the game, I think it was Star Ocean 2, but it was one where in order to finish side quests or get really good equipment much later in the game, you had to hold on to certain rare pieces of equipment. Am I good to sell my starting equipment or do I need to hold on to my Hip Glasses or Suspenders for some reason?