Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We still doing the filler poo poo? Some fans are really irritating. Didnt Goku use SSBKK recently anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RBX posted:

We still doing the filler poo poo? Some fans are really irritating. Didnt Goku use SSBKK recently anyway

Bergamo is non-canon

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My favourite Dragonball Z character is Icarus.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vegeta is non-canon

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bardock the great scientist is canon

Bardock the 'great scientist' is non-canon

Just think for a moment if that's a world you really want to live in

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So how is DBZ Abridged doing? I haven't paid attention to it or any other DB material in a couple years.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dragon Ball is a non-canon gaiden to dr. slump

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

So how is DBZ Abridged doing? I haven't paid attention to it or any other DB material in a couple years.

Watch Super.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

It's still p good but also toei killed it again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like Kuriririn almost as much as I like Krillin.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Piccolo's going to learn kaioken, I can feel it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

If you accept SSBKK as canon then you also have to accept Garlick Jr. and Krillin's best girlfriend as canon.

Krillians girlfriend has to be real, why else would he name his daughter after her?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

Krillians girlfriend has to be real, why else would he name his daughter after her?

She's real and a much better person than Chi-chi and Bulma, who couldn't handle the bants and were super catty and jealous of her.

The Garlick Jr. saga is really good apart from whenever Gohan is on screen not getting beaten up by Piccolo and Krillin.

Also Kami's wild ride. That was dumb.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
If I was writing DB I'd constantly make references to stuff like Garlic jr, Arlia, Princess Snake, Gohan's adventures with Robots, Dinosaurs and Orphans and, lord save us, Fake Planet Namek just to gently caress with people who care about canon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The things I like are extremely canon. The things you like? Brother I got some bad new on that front...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Goku flying to the moon on his magic power pole with an evil Rabbit-Man = Extremely Canon

Krillin gets a girlfriend = Not even close

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sassassin posted:

She's real and a much better person than Chi-chi and Bulma, who couldn't handle the bants and were super catty and jealous of her.

The Garlick Jr. saga is really good apart from whenever Gohan is on screen not getting beaten up by Piccolo and Krillin.

Also Kami's wild ride. That was dumb.

They kept Mr.Satan's hype crew in Super, what more can you want?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If I saw it happen and it wasn't a dream then it is canon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder who the Canon Criers are trying to impress. Who is helped by internet people mewling about canon while others are enjoying a television program.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder who the Canon Criers are trying to impress. Who is helped by internet people mewling about canon while others are enjoying a television program.

It was for making GBS threads on GT fans mainly.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
While most filler can be safely ignored, there are instances of animated-only scenes and characters that can probably be adopted as canon due to how iconic they are: Goku and Piccolo learning to drive, the extended Majin Vegeta and Goku fight, Goku's best dead friend Pikkon.

Just a few examples of an animated Special Being Canon.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Every kid in the series should have their own Mr. Piccolo: a former villain who also killed their dad.

Frieza gets Trunks and Marron
Cell gets Goten
Buu gets Bra and Pan.

Frieza would probably be an bad teacher though.

"And remember Trunks, if you ever find yourself losing a fight, just blow up and planet and fly somewhere else."
"But I can't breath in space."
"Details, details."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

It helps end the delusions of the people who are predicting SSBKK will actually matter in the tournament/future.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to shoot the canon carriers out of a cannon.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sassassin posted:

It helps end the delusions of the people who are predicting SSBKK will actually matter in the tournament/future.

It's gonna matter

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

he says why he came back as perfect cell. it's because his body remembered being that way, so he just went back to it. base form cell that hadn't ever absorbed the androids wouldn't be able to do that

cell didn't even know he was coming back. he isn't very reliable when it comes to the inner workings of cell. i'm gonna say he could have reached "perfection" though training and the only reason he didn't is cause gero programmed him with a thirst for android.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aurora posted:

It's gonna matter

Yeah it's gonna matter.

I mean either Akira gives them a skeleton for the plot or he is dictating it, you can't have it both ways.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sassassin posted:

It mattered when it was first used and the manga apparently just didn't have that part?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

It mattered when it was first used and the manga apparently just didn't have that part?

Supposedly the manga and anime are only forced to share the big plot points so it probably won't be relevant to the final battle but any of the non plot moving battles it can and probably will.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe the ending to DBS is Gohan going SSGSSKKx100 after unlocking his Mystic form again and doing a Super Dragon Fist to blow up the unholy fusion of Zeno, Zeno and Bojack. Then it cuts EoE-style to Toriyama taking a dump and cleaning his rear end with the DBS manga pages and printed power level lists from the Internet.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I thought the weirdest episode of Dragonball Super was when they showed a three second loop of Broly punching Beerus in the groin for 22 minutes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Professor Wayne posted:

I thought the weirdest episode of Dragonball Super was when they showed a three second loop of Broly punching Beerus in the groin for 22 minutes.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

Every kid in the series should have their own Mr. Piccolo: a former villain who also killed their dad.

Alternately, Piccolo's Home for Wayward Punchmonkies.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The super manga is not cannon since it didn't have the Zamasu goku black bromance.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Elfgames posted:

cell didn't even know he was coming back. he isn't very reliable when it comes to the inner workings of cell. i'm gonna say he could have reached "perfection" though training and the only reason he didn't is cause gero programmed him with a thirst for android.

you can say that if you want but it's based off nothing and is directly contradicted by dbz itself

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Having Cell able to train himself kind of undercuts his whole arc hard.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Super Saiyan 3 Raditz is true canon

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Dragon Ball Heroes is so amazing, and is making me want to start collecting trading cards like a kid again.

There are at least two (2) different SS4 Broly cards. You can't tell me that isn't the most awesome thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dias posted:

Bojack.

who

• Locked thread