Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't paid attention to RWM in a bit, but I'm guessing I'm getting hot takes through the local Fox watcher at the gym. "All these dead Syrians are on Obama's hands because he didn't do anything." Ok dude, I'm sure that's a situation that would have never escalated at all you gently caress.

edit: we still doing the dog thing?

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Everything will always be President Obama's fault. When the last Fox News pundit finally succumbs to the tumors erupting throughout his gristle from the collective will of humanity wishing him dead, he will stare up at his ceiling and whisper with his last, phlegmy, pained breath, "I c-could have...lived...without...O-Obama...caaaaaare...".

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

The Blaze posted:

Shares of United Airlines stock took a nosedive in early trading Tuesday after the company found itself mired in controversy stemming from an incident that took place on a company plane over the weekend.

In pre-trading Tuesday, United Airlines stock was down around 6 percent after a poor performance in international markets. Just prior to the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange, the shares rebounded to about -2 percent.

However, as trading began in the U.S. on Tuesday, the stock continued its downward spiral to about -4 percent as of 10:30 a.m. EST. If the trend continues, United is set to lose hundreds of millions in market capitalization, according to Market Watch.

A 3 percent decline would take a staggering $600-700 million off the company’s market value, while a 6 percent decline would erase about $1.4 billion off the company’s market cap.

Needless to say, United is so far feeling the effects of the free market as their public relations nightmare remains ongoing.

Video captured inside of a plane scheduled to go from Chicago to Louisville late Sunday showed a man being brutally dragged from his seat by three airport security personnel after United Airlines overbooked the flight and needed to replace four passengers with crew members.

That man, Dr. David Dao, was one of four passengers randomly selected by United officials to lose their seat, despite already boarding the aircraft. According to video, Dao needed to be back in Louisville to see patients on Monday, which is why he was so reluctant to debark the plane.

After all, the only incentive United offered was an $800 travel voucher — not cash — to passengers who got bumped, which is hardly an incentive to lose a day’s work.

In the end, Dao was left with a bloody face after his head was smashed into an armrest as he was forcefully removed and dragged out of the airplane.

The incident was arguably the biggest news story on Monday, despite an elementary school shooting in California. One of the officers has been placed on leave, according to Chicago Police, while United CEO Oscar Munoz essentially blamed the Dao for what happened.

United Airlines is the third largest airline in the U.S. and is based in Chicago.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/11/united-airlines-feels-brutal-effects-of-americas-free-market-after-controversial-video/

The free market punished United for its insolence! The system works!

Never mind that their stock is already rebounding and it's obscene that this happened to begin with. :jerkbag:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Xibanya posted:

United CEO Oscar Munoz essentially blamed the Dao for what happened.

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. Now giddafuck off my plane

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. Now giddafuck off my plane

The Dao that can be named is not to board my plane.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It was interesting hearing the difference between Rush and Hannity talking about the United incident. Rush said he understood why airlines overbook flights, and that he thinks it's a bad practice but it is what it is, and United didn't really have a choice but to call security since the guy wouldn't move. He also mentioned that the guy had lost his medical license for stealing prescription drugs and having gay sex with his patients.

Whereas Hannity went on about how stupid the airline was and they're run by idiots, and this guy was just a regular guy like you or me who needed to see his patients, and why didn't the airline offer bigger compensation and then people would have chosen to leave? Now they'll have to pay millions in a lawsuit! Hannity's idea of compensation, by the way, was four free round trip tickets to anywhere in the world, fully paid suite at a five star hotel, and five thousand dollars cash (he then changed it to two thousand).

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Meanwhile, in Levinland...

Master Shake posted:

On Monday’s Mark Levin Show, We bring you the best of Mark Levin. This is the show that started the President Trump surveillance investigations. The big scandal here is that we’ve had the Obama administration surveilling the Trump campaign and transition team and leaking information to the public, in hopes of getting Hillary Clinton elected. Those are police state tactics! Nothing Gen. Michael Flynn or AG Jeff Sessions have done are even in the same category as that. The real question should be, was Barack Obama as President using our intelligence services through the FISA court to gather information on their opponent? In addition, where did the information on Sessions come from? The Obama administration knew exactly what they were doing. They loosened NSA information gathering rules weeks before they left office. The information was then grabbed and spread to plants in the government. The question is who they did spy on and the extent of the spying that is the Trump campaign, the Trump transition and Trump surrogates.

Also, Sessions has recused himself from the investigation between President Trump and Russian ties. He met with the ambassador as matter of his duty as a senator not as a surrogate for the Trump 2016 campaign. However, Republicans in the house and Senate insisted that he recuse himself. You can bet Republicans will throw these guys overboard just like they did with Gen Mike Flynn. The left’s desire to destroy this administration is insatiable, and they are not going to stop. Did Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch ever recuse himself on anything? This is so pathetic that Republicans are all over T.V. saying Sessions should recuse himself. Republicans like Kevin McCarthy are running for the hills whenever liberals attack.

Finally, Dr. John Eastman, Law professor at Chapman Law School calls in to talk to discuss Trump’s fascination with Andrew Jackson. Jackson vetoed every bill by Congress that attempted to work on local and state projects.

Still defending Flynn, lol. Also with all the "the real scandal is" once again dipping into self-parody. So much of what he said is easily debunked with public record, but none of his listeners will look it up and even if they did he's trained them to distrust everything, including official government reports. (Really, this came up when I made the mistake of arguing with a Levin fan.) Also lol for continued OBAMA!! :argh:

I wonder if he'll mention the United thing today :unsmigghh:

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Twelve by Pies posted:

It was interesting hearing the difference between Rush and Hannity talking about the United incident. Rush said he understood why airlines overbook flights, and that he thinks it's a bad practice but it is what it is, and United didn't really have a choice but to call security since the guy wouldn't move. He also mentioned that the guy had lost his medical license for stealing prescription drugs and having gay sex with his patients.

Whereas Hannity went on about how stupid the airline was and they're run by idiots, and this guy was just a regular guy like you or me who needed to see his patients, and why didn't the airline offer bigger compensation and then people would have chosen to leave? Now they'll have to pay millions in a lawsuit! Hannity's idea of compensation, by the way, was four free round trip tickets to anywhere in the world, fully paid suite at a five star hotel, and five thousand dollars cash (he then changed it to two thousand).

Wait, wait wait. Rush motherfucking Limbaugh had the stones to criticize someone for prescription drug abuse?

I'm laughing, openly weeping, and feeling murderously angry all at the same time.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/851897983440482304

I have no idea who Ruby Tandoh is, but I like her.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Wait, wait wait. Rush motherfucking Limbaugh had the stones to criticize someone for prescription drug abuse?

Also unethical sexual practices, when Rush has been caught carrying non-prescribed ED pills when visiting areas known for sex tourism.

To say nothing of evil sexual moralizing (see his various Fluke rants and Consent rant).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Rush doesn't like airlines because they ask too many questions about trips to countries known for pedo sex tourism and why he has a bottle of boner pills.

"Hello sir, nice weather tod-"

"WHATS WITH THE 20 QUESTIONS I'M NOT ON TRIAL HERE. I CAN NEITHER CONFIRM OR DE-"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hannity's idea of compensation, by the way, was four free round trip tickets to anywhere in the world, fully paid suite at a five star hotel, and five thousand dollars cash (he then changed it to two thousand).

Hell, that's my idea of compensation now too.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

I'm laughing, openly weeping, and feeling murderously angry all at the same time.

This is the same guy who made pointed remarks about Obama going to an "all-male" Island retreat.

Yes, Rush "I rape underage boys in overseas sex tourism" Limbaugh wink-wink nudge-nudging that Obama is secretly having gay cult sex in Tahiti.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know a few Rush fans and they just straight up pretend not to hear you when you bring that stuff up. Its some real high level denial.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

STAC Goat posted:

I know a few Rush fans and they just straight up pretend not to hear you when you bring that stuff up. Its some real high level denial.

If one of your favorite political thinkers was a morally bankrupt, practically insane, drug-addicted pedophile you probably would have developed some good compartmentalization techniques, too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's a surprisingly reasonable position for Hannity to take.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm guessing Hannity would have felt differently if they were real cops. But here he gets to just call out a company and pretend to be an every man.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

TildeATH posted:

If one of your favorite political thinkers was a morally bankrupt, practically insane, drug-addicted pedophile you probably would have developed some good compartmentalization techniques, too.

Sometimes I think that's why the right is so aggressive and rude 24/7. If I had to spend my entire life forcing down cognitive dissonance in an futile effort to pretend I was right about the "FYGM" political ideals I formulated as an idiot 14-year-old, I'd probably hate everyone, including myself, too.

TildeATH posted:

This is the same guy who made pointed remarks about Obama going to an "all-male" Island retreat.

Yes, Rush "I rape underage boys in overseas sex tourism" Limbaugh wink-wink nudge-nudging that Obama is secretly having gay cult sex in Tahiti.

It's a magical place (for being a drug-addled hypocritical pedophile).

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hannity's idea of compensation, by the way, was four free round trip tickets to anywhere in the world, fully paid suite at a five star hotel, and five thousand dollars cash (he then changed it to two thousand).

Hot take: Hannity is completely disconnected from reality and the lives of normal people.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

PJOmega posted:

Hot take: Republicans are completely disconnected from reality and the lives of normal people.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I am not sure if this goes here or not, but I couldn't think of a better thread.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/851666150991708160

I can't stop laughing at this story.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I am not sure if this goes here or not, but I couldn't think of a better thread.

Isn't this the lady that reported on the Bundy Takeover a while back? Wonder if she is into SovCit new reporting or something.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Isn't this the lady that reported on the Bundy Takeover a while back? Wonder if she is into SovCit new reporting or something.

McNab's Twitter Bio posted:

@jjmacnab
Writer, anti-government extremism at http://forbes.com . UC Berkeley alumna. Cats are badass.

McNab's Bio at Forbes posted:

J MacNab is one of the nation’s leading experts on Sovereign Citizens, Tax Protesters, U.S. paramilitary “militia” groups, and related anti-government extremist organizations. She is a Fellow at the George Washington University Center for Cyber & Homeland Security, Program on Extremism. MacNab has testified as an expert before various legislative bodies and governmental agencies on subjects ranging from the growth of extremists groups to the financial scams used to recruit new members to these groups. 2001: U.S. Senate Committee on Finance 2002: The North America Securities Administrators Association 2003: California Senate 2004: U.S. Senate Committee on Finance 2006: U.S. Senate Committee on Finance, written report MacNab writes a regular column on the subject of anti-government extremism at Forbes.com, and has written articles for numerous other publications over the last fifteen years. She has appeared as an expert on CBS 60 Minutes, CNN, NBC Nightly News, ABC World News, C-Span, NPR, the Canadian Broadcast Company, and on dozens of other television news and radio shows. She has also been quoted in more than 300 newspapers and magazines and in 2005, the Wall Street Journal published a front page profile on her tax protest movement research. She has been featured in three documentaries on the subject of domestic terrorism in the United States and Canada. MacNab is the author of an upcoming book, “The Seditionists: Inside the Explosive World of Anti-Government Extremism in America,” scheduled to be published in 2016 by St. Martin's Press. The book takes readers deep into the movement, their recent growth, their racist history, and the many factors that drive them towards violence today. In addition to her research and writing, MacNab works as a consultant for various federal, state, and local regulatory and law enforcement agencies. She travels around the United States and Canada, teaching at law enforcement, judicial, and legal conferences. MacNab received her Bachelors in International Relations with an emphasis on weapons policy from the University of California at Berkeley and lives in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

She appears to be the top person on crazy Freep-types.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It could be she's on a somewhat regional beat in a region that includes lots and lots of sov. citizens.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Yeah she was on that case like a hawk.

Not a furry hawk or anything, you know I'm trying to say here. :sweatdrop:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

She appears to be the top person on crazy Freep-types.

That job must be both amazing and drink-inducing at the same time. I wonder how many death threats she gets a day?

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Ron Jeremy posted:

That job must be both amazing and drink-inducing at the same time. I wonder how many death threats she gets a day?

I used to have a professor with a similar specialty. She was one of the leading experts on Italian far-right groups. She was surprisingly chipper and sociable, so I think a lot of these people can divide the work and their lives fairly well.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Reminder Rush fans were an early 90s example of a fandom with it's own nickname Dittoheads.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

PJOmega posted:

Hot take: Hannity is completely disconnected from reality and the lives of normal people.

Not only that, he does not believe a loving thing he says. Hannity has got to be the most robotic, one-dimensional TV host I've ever seen. All he does is push the latest RNC talking point off a script.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder Rush fans were an early 90s example of a fandom with it's own nickname Dittoheads.

That is the saddest name for a group.

"I mindlessly agree with everything this man says!" never leads good places.

Alienwarehouse posted:

Not only that, he does not believe a loving thing he says. Hannity has got to be the most robotic, one-dimensional TV host I've ever seen. All he does is push the latest RNC talking point off a script.

A few years ago, a former Fox employee apparently told some reporter who the shills and true believers were at the network by describing their hypothetical answer to an offer to do a liberal version of their current show for twice the pay. I believe his take on Hannity was "He'd take the offer, but someone would have to explain it using crayons and drawing paper", or something to that effect.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I love the story the guy has spun for why the event was really cancelled. I saved the whole thing just in case it goes down:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

That is the saddest name for a group.

"I mindlessly agree with everything this man says!" never leads good places.

Rush too lazy/stupid to go Jonestown and knows where his drug money comes from.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mercury_Storm posted:

I love the story the guy has spun for why the event was really cancelled. I saved the whole thing just in case it goes down:

Note the "external sources of hate" he mentions are people who are like "hey it's hosed up that you're hanging around with literal Nazis lately". You know, the real racists here.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/851965323976769536

Gabriel Sherman is usually pretty reliable re: all things Fox.

quote:

Fox News co-president Bill Shine has been working hard to keep O’Reilly, sources said. But O’Reilly’s future is in the hands of the Murdochs. “It’s up to the family,” the senior Fox News staffer said. The Murdochs are presently divided over how to handle it. Two highly-placed Fox News sources say 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch would like O’Reilly to be permanently taken off the air, while his father Rupert and older brother Lachlan are more inclined to keep him. (A spokesperson for the Murdochs declined to comment.)

That dynamic – James pushing for swift action, while Rupert resists – played out last summer in the Ailes scandal. James, of course, got his way with Ailes. With more than three dozen advertisers boycotting O’Reilly, Fox staffers speculate the same may happen to O’Reilly, perhaps as early as during his vacation. “The assumption is that he’ll exit in a non-embarrassing way,” one senior Fox News staffer told me.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 12, 2017

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Isn't the security at furry conventions run by dog fuckers? That shines a special kind of light on their "charity".

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Lester Shy posted:

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/851965323976769536

Gabriel Sherman is usually pretty reliable re: all things Fox.

A "vacation?" lol He's done. I'm going to get some champaign at the store tonight.

Good loving riddance.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Father Raymond J. de Souza: Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox are proud to be slain by ISIL for their Christianity. That is awesome

:catholic:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, never know. I've noticed Fox News anchors have a tendency to go on "vacation" when things get hairy and then show up when it dies down.

But if its true that Fox is doing an investigation on it like the Ailes one that's a real bad sign. At the very least it means they think this is serious enough to have to deal with and not just ignore. And Bill's got way too many skeletons that I can't imagine that working out well for him.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, never know. I've noticed Fox News anchors have a tendency to go on "vacation" when things get hairy and then show up when it dies down.

But if its true that Fox is doing an investigation on it like the Ailes one that's a real bad sign. At the very least it means they think this is serious enough to have to deal with and not just ignore. And Bill's got way too many skeletons that I can't imagine that working out well for him.

I remember reading something awhile back that essentially said the Murdoch sons were social liberals. IIRC, they can't stand the abrasive tone of conservative bullshit (especially from O'Reilly & Hannity) that dominates Fox News. I'm pretty sure it's Rupert who prevents the family from re-arranging that channel altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Alienwarehouse posted:

I remember reading something awhile back that essentially said the Murdoch sons were social liberals. IIRC, they can't stand the abrasive tone of conservative bullshit (especially from O'Reilly & Hannity) that dominates Fox News. I'm pretty sure it's Rupert who prevents the family from re-arranging that channel altogether.

That and the billions of dollars, natch