Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

well at the very least it's gonna be instantly going into my Zo-Zu edh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Attorney at Funk posted:

I don't think it works with Street Wraith since it cycles as a card, not as a permanent.

Is street wraith not a creature in other zones?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

So is this main or side in Modern Burn?

E: this is probably too bullish, drat that's strong though

At worst it's SB in modern burn. The card is great.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

It's a creature card, not a creature. Also, the card specifically says "on the battlefield".

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Sickening posted:

It still is, but the card says "creature ON THE BATTLEFIELD..."

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Scrapheap combo rolls over to this, but it did so to eidolon too.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does it count street wraith? I think it's "(artifact/creature/land) on the battlefield", not "artifact/creature/(land on the battlefield)".

Regardless, it still dunks on fetchlands, manlands, mishra's bauble, scooze, and a bunch of other relevant cards.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Sickening posted:

Lets see.
Street Wraith (possibly any creature cycle?)

"On the battlefield" it says

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Infect will take 2 from this guy every time they Inkmoth or Blinkmoth. It's like you're dealing poison counters right back at them!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I mean, fetch for basic is now a lightning bolt, fetch for untapped shockland is a lightning axe

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Feels like just yesterday that red was getting bears with no drawbacks

how long until blue gets a true bear

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

End of Life Guy posted:

Infect will take 2 from this guy every time they Inkmoth or Blinkmoth. It's like you're dealing poison counters right back at them!

Yeah, shits on manlands too.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Man, with burn increasingly dealing less damage to itself with a move back towards Boros Burn with a lot of basic mountains and being able to run a card like this in the board, it's gonna be even harder for decks to race it in modern.

End of Life Guy posted:

Like Infect needed more reasons to not be played anymore. :(

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I like it but Eidolon is still clearly a better card. Seems solid as a sideboard card against some stuff, probably as a two of. If this triggered on all non Mana activated abilities we'd be cookin with gas but this misses Planeswalkers which really hurts it's playability. I am sad.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

If it just said plainswalkers this card would be amazing.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Sickening posted:

If it just said plainswalkers this card would be amazing.

Do we really need tech against Boggart Arsonists?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Zemyla posted:

Do we really need tech against Boggart Arsonists?

gently caress all boggarts.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Seems like a reasonable SB card for U/R delver or prowess in legacy. It especially could provide some reach/pressure against deathrite shaman gaining life to crawl back. It triggers on lots of other format-relevant cards, but it might not necessarily be good in other matchups (or even DRS matchups) because of other things those decks are doing. It's funny against aluren combo/cavern harpy, if nothing else.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Harsh Mentor is pretty good vs Splinter Twin. :v:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

odiv posted:

Harsh Mentor is pretty good vs Splinter Twin. :v:

it shuts down CoCo and lantern, which is pretty neat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This deals 2 damage for every walking ballista counter you remove.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

it shuts down CoCo and lantern, which is pretty neat

Yeah it's annoying for company, they can still go infinite but won't gain life. Still get infinite scrys and doesn't stop archangel/feeder from making infinite counters, but requires the seer/finks combo to have both Melira and anafenza to win. Not a total shut down but definitely annoying.

Really hurts walking ballista though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mcmagic posted:

This deals 2 damage for every walking ballista counter you remove.

So, 4, because this is the first thing they're going to target, always.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

AlternateNu posted:

So, 4, because this is the first thing they're going to target, always.

No they could just be killing you!

And I'm not sure about Nissa's whatever format playability since she's a very difficult card to evaluate but I am excited to try her over Kiora in cube. Both Kioras are so boring and the simic section is fairly shallow.

Also this red dude.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

A side grade to urza's armor? Why?

e: I guess it's a lovely way to stop cats

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
This doesn't do anything if your opponent wants to redirect non-combat damage to a planeswalker, right? Because they can choose to do the redirection effect first and then this no longer applies?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I've seen this situation many times in the Walking Dead. Sooner or later the zombies get in and start eating people.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Pontius Pilate posted:

A side grade to urza's armor? Why?

Doesn't combo with Pestilence, it's garbage

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Rigel posted:

I've seen this situation many times in the Every Zombie Movie Ever. Sooner or later the zombies get in and start eating people.

Especially since zombies are 2/2s and this only prevents one.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

man I really love that harsh mentor, can't wait to run him with eidolon of the great revel

bonfire of the damned if you do, bonfire of the damned if you don't

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Jabor posted:

This doesn't do anything if your opponent wants to redirect non-combat damage to a planeswalker, right? Because they can choose to do the redirection effect first and then this no longer applies?

I think you get to control which replacement effect applies as the person receiving the damage. I'm pretty sure it works the same way with Anger of the Gods and some other death replacement effect that I can't think of. As the controller of the creatures, you get to choose if they get RFGd by Anger or if you want to do whatever the other replacement effect is.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Finally, the answer to the crackdown construct/wandering fumarole combo everyone has been craving. :v:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
This has to be the most variance between power level of card in a big mythic cycle for limited ever right? You have green god who is probably a top 5 creature ever, and blue god who is a Jayemdae Tome that costs 1 less to cast.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Firebatgyro posted:

This has to be the most variance between power level of card in a big mythic cycle for limited ever right? You have green god who is probably a top 5 creature ever, and blue god who is a Jayemdae Tome that costs 1 less to cast.

lol there is no way the Green god is a top 5 creature

e: He may not even be a top 5 green creature

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

Let's see, Prime Time, Tarmogoyf, Bird of Paradise, Noble Hierarch, Eternal Witness...

No probably not

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Top 5 green creatures: Hypergenesis , Summoner's Pact , Foil MM2 Tarmogoyf , Oath of Druids , Genesis Wave

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Hello new Modern Burn staple that possibly competes with or even replaces Eidolon of the Great Revel.

It hits fetch-lands!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

suicidesteve posted:

I think you get to control which replacement effect applies as the person receiving the damage. I'm pretty sure it works the same way with Anger of the Gods and some other death replacement effect that I can't think of. As the controller of the creatures, you get to choose if they get RFGd by Anger or if you want to do whatever the other replacement effect is.

Right, for stuff like being put into the graveyard it's the controller of the thing being affected that chooses. But for replacement effects that affect damage, is it the controller of the thing being damaged, or is it the controller of the thing dealing the damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Not even the best green God

• Locked thread