Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

LastInLine posted:

Just wait for it to bootloop and use your next device. :v:

I'm only half joking, you probably aren't going to have to worry for too much longer.

When I said "accident" in my OP, I half meant "bootloop". :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I posted about the Pixel XL already, but I'm also considering switching from Android to iPhone, and I figure this is probably an okay place to ask. Here's the relevant info:
  • Country/Provider: US/Verizon
  • Contract status: Eligible for upgrade, but starting a new plan (somehow still on a family plan, going to get my own)
  • Budget: High-end phones are in-budget, current idea is just to get Verizon's 2GB plan since I don't use that much data anyway (which the site says is $35/mo)
  • Features I know I want: The single most important thing to me is that the phone is fast and responsive for two-three years of use, with minimal lag on apps or anything like that. Basically, performance is the most important thing to me. It trumps camera, app selection, customization, everything else. Every Android phone I've owned has slowed down like crazy by the end of my first year with it, which is something I've never heard someone with an iPhone complain about. It's possible I'm doing something wrong or could do something to refresh my phone and get it running smoothly again, but short of doing a factory reset I don't know what that'd be. (For reference, my current phone is an HTC One M8 I got about 2.5 years ago, and my phone before that was a Droid Razr if I remember correctly.)
What I'm asking is: would I get good performance over the long term with an iPhone? I'm specifically looking at either an iPhone 7 Plus or a Pixel XL, and I know the Pixel as a line is still too new for people to have long-term experiences with it but maybe the Nexus line would provide some sort of benchmark for setting expectations.

Secondary question: has anyone here switched from Android to iPhone recently? If so, what do you like? What do you miss from Android? (And if anyone's interested in offering the opposite perspective--switching from iPhone to Android--I'm curious what features Android might have that I take for granted because I've only ever used it.)

Thanks!

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 11, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The iPhone 7 is the fastest phone currently on the market and will receive updates for years to come, though generally by the third major update there is some noticeable slowdown with iOS.

A Pixel will get another year or so of OS updates and another year of security updates beyond that, for what it's worth.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I posted about the Pixel XL already, but I'm also considering switching from Android to iPhone, and I figure this is probably an okay place to ask. Here's the relevant info:
  • Country/Provider: US/Verizon
  • Contract status: Eligible for upgrade, but starting a new plan (somehow still on a family plan, going to get my own)
  • Budget: High-end phones are in-budget, current idea is just to get Verizon's 2GB plan since I don't use that much data anyway (which the site says is $35/mo)
  • Features I know I want: The single most important thing to me is that the phone is fast and responsive for two-three years of use, with minimal lag on apps or anything like that. Basically, performance is the most important thing to me. It trumps camera, app selection, customization, everything else. Every Android phone I've owned has slowed down like crazy by the end of my first year with it, which is something I've never heard someone with an iPhone complain about. It's possible I'm doing something wrong or could do something to refresh my phone and get it running smoothly again, but short of doing a factory reset I don't know what that'd be. (For reference, my current phone is an HTC One M8 I got about 2.5 years ago, and my phone before that was a Droid Razr if I remember correctly.)
What I'm asking is: would I get good performance over the long term with an iPhone? I'm specifically looking at either an iPhone 7 Plus or a Pixel XL, and I know the Pixel as a line is still too new for people to have long-term experiences with it but maybe the Nexus line would provide some sort of benchmark for setting expectations.

Secondary question: has anyone here switched from Android to iPhone recently? If so, what do you like? What do you miss from Android? (And if anyone's interested in offering the opposite perspective--switching from iPhone to Android--I'm curious what features Android might have that I take for granted because I've only ever used it.)

Thanks!

iPhone supremacy. Runs faster, gets better support, lower defect rate.

Also, to be clear: that Verizon plan is $55 a month, the $35 is the call text data, then it's however many lines (in your case one) at $20 a line. So $55 a month. FYI Verizon has a single 5GB plan that is either $60 a month, or $55 if you do autopay with a checking account. Both plans can also get a small discount if you get a discount through work.

Also, this may be too much of a hassle, but Verizon is offering $200 to new customers porting a number and trading in their phone. You can either call Verizon, ask for retentions, see if they will match in some way. Or you can port out to some cheap plan, and port back in, and trade in a cheap phone if you don't want to trade in yours (requirement is $1 value or higher).

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

First off, I'd say there's no harm in trying out the other side. As Endless Mike says, in terms of raw performance Apple is way ahead of Qualcomm and it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison anyway.

That said, when it comes to performance the Pixel really is in a class of its own compared to all other Androids that came before including Nexuses. Not only have I never had a Nexus anywhere as smooth but I've never had a Nexus that ran this well after half a year. You really can't look to the past to predict the future here because the Pixel isn't like any other Android or Nexus that came before it. I'm sorry but that's how it is.

My girlfriend just made the switch from lifetime iOS to Android (specifically the 6S to Pixel) and the reason is exactly the thing you said you've never heard of: that a year into every iPhone she's had it feels sluggish and not at all like it did when it was new. To be fair to Apple, her 6S did have the battery issue they acknowledged and also even though I've heard lots of Apple users complain about that, I've always found the problem to be worse on Android too, but that was her main reason for switching.

The thing she would say she likes most about her Pixel over the iPhone is the notification LED and the notification system of Android. The things that she preferred about iOS was iMessage (of course) and app quality (on the whole, particularly third party apps with both an Android & iOS version). She's super impressed with the Pixel but then again I can't blame her, I've used every Nexus and I'm blown away by the Pixel too, it's crazy how much better it is than the Nexuses that came before it.

Personally I'd try out the iPhone. Even if you end up disliking it you could likely sell it for a profit and get a Pixel any time and who knows, you might end up liking it!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

iPhone supremacy. Runs faster, gets better support, lower defect rate.

Also, to be clear: that Verizon plan is $55 a month, the $35 is the call text data, then it's however many lines (in your case one) at $20 a line. So $55 a month. FYI Verizon has a single 5GB plan that is either $60 a month, or $55 if you do autopay with a checking account. Both plans can also get a small discount if you get a discount through work.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot I can get a discount through work. I didn't know about that 5GB plan either. Is that $55/month (why not get the autopay discount?) including the $20 for the single line? If so, no reason not to do that one I guess.

LastInLine posted:

Personally I'd try out the iPhone. Even if you end up disliking it you could likely sell it for a profit and get a Pixel any time and who knows, you might end up liking it!

Yeah, good point. Definitely worth a shot.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 11, 2017

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot I can get a discount through work. I didn't know about that 5GB plan either. Is that $55/month (why not get the autopay discount?) including the $20 for the single line? If so, no reason not to do that one I guess.

$55 including the $20. Your work discount will also go off the $40 base (it's $40 + $20 - $5 autopay). So yeah, def do that.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm eyeing the Samsung S8, but a techie freak at my office warned me against buying a Samsung phone because of their supposedly lovely Android update policy.

Is there any truth to that ? I could really use some help here before I decide to order one.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

I'm eyeing the Samsung S8, but a techie freak at my office warned me against buying a Samsung phone because of their supposedly lovely Android update policy.

Is there any truth to that ? I could really use some help here before I decide to order one.

He's not wrong. Samsung writes garbage software and abandons their devices rapidly. There's a reason we don't recommend Samsungs much.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hammerstein posted:

What're you after? A Pixel's probably a better bet in the price range. If you want Samsung just get one of the deeply discounted S7s, I've seen S7 Edges for $360 new.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I don't really plan to do much but phoning, texting, maybe play a game on the bus and taking pics. I'm just a nerd with poor impulse control who gets all starry-eyed when a gadget is shiny and has a wrap-around screen.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

I don't really plan to do much but phoning, texting, maybe play a game on the bus and taking pics. I'm just a nerd with poor impulse control who gets all starry-eyed when a gadget is shiny and has a wrap-around screen.

Then you should definitely get a $360 S7 Edge!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Thanks!

I switched from an old Nexus 5 to a iPhone 6s recently. My thoughts:

Apple has a huge amount of settings that need to be fine tuned to get things they way you like it. It's doable but might take a while to learn.
Maybe it's just because I have fingerprint screen lock on, but it's really inconvenient that I can't dismiss notifications without unlocking. Also the android flashy thing when I have a notification is really helpful.
The alarm won't let me dismiss it early if I wake up before it goes off. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this.
Siri is better at getting the weather, maybe it was just my outdated nexus that was the problem though
I ended up installing gmail, chrome and all the good google apps just because i'm familiar with them. I had to turn one of the four different types of notifications off, for gmail, so it would stop telling me that I had 50 old unread messages.
Android has better sounds ;/

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Lube banjo posted:

Apple has a huge amount of settings that need to be fine tuned to get things they way you like it. It's doable but might take a while to learn.

That's funny, I seem to go through tons of settings every time I set up a new Android phone. Always using a custom launcher probably doesn't help.

Lube banjo posted:

Maybe it's just because I have fingerprint screen lock on, but it's really inconvenient that I can't dismiss notifications without unlocking.

The Verge writers constantly complain about this. That the fingerprint sensor is so fast, it bypasses the lock screen and all notifications, making that screen useless.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lube banjo posted:

The alarm won't let me dismiss it early if I wake up before it goes off. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

My girlfriend HATED not being able to dismiss an upcoming alarm. It was a constant source of frustration.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Hammerstein posted:

That used to be the case, but they're the only OEM other than Google that's kept their promise after joining the "Android Update Alliance" or whatever it was that Google named it. Like I said a page or two ago, outside of Google themselves, they're the best supported Android flagships.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LastInLine posted:

My girlfriend HATED not being able to dismiss an upcoming alarm. It was a constant source of frustration.

If I wake up early I just go to alarms and turn it off.

But my schedule isn't set week by week so I have to manually set my alarm every night.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Country/provider: US/MetroPCS
Budget: <$300 but will flex to $400+ if significant gains. New/unlocked strongly preferred.

I mostly just websurf or use low-intensity apps, but my LG Leon is struggling even with webpages these days. What I REALLY want is a phone that will last me as long as possible so I don't have to replace it when it can't keep up anymore. It looks like my best options currently are the Honor 8 or Moto G5+ (64GB for the extra ram, prob not the Prime version because im cyberparanoid and also worried about premature slowdown due to Amazon's garbage). I'd possibly make the jump to apple with an SE but those are still expensive and it seems like it's pretty dated at this point. That would actually be kinda preferable due to smaller size and since Jukely is an app I use a lot and their iOS version has way more features.

Nice to haves:
-not-garbage camera for low light (to take pictures at aforementioned Jukely concerts)
-FM tuner not loving locked
-VoLTE - I have weird voice-call deadspots inside my house despite full bars so hopefully VoLTE-capable phone would fix that. Idk if that's a carrier thing tho.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

If I wake up early I just go to alarms and turn it off.

But my schedule isn't set week by week so I have to manually set my alarm every night.

Yeah, well that's the issue then. One would like to be able to dismiss the next alarm without having to remember to re-enable the alarm after the time has passed. The fact that this is one tap from a notification, without having to do anything or remember anything, up to a half hour prior to the alarm going off is something I literally use every day. It would definitely annoy me to lose the feature.

I only brought it up because it was something she complained about literally every day when she had an iPhone and well, that was what he asked for.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you're waking up an hour before your alarm literally every day maybe you don't need an alarm at all?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

If you're waking up an hour before your alarm literally every day maybe you don't need an alarm at all?

Maybe get the best of both worlds by having an alarm set so you don't oversleep and being able to dismiss it if you wake up early??

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

For her case, it was for medication she had to take every six hours. She actually doesn't use an alarm to wake up. For my case, and I suspect most other people who have a regular work schedule, you have the alarm set for the day you aren't awake, no matter whether it's one out of ten days or every day. Either way:

RVProfootballer posted:

Maybe get the best of both worlds by having an alarm set so you don't oversleep and being able to dismiss it if you wake up early??

It's a feature that in practice we both end up using quite frequently.

As someone who loves derails, this seems to me one of the oddest, I think the guy decided to go iOS anyway. I hope he wasn't one of us filthy alarm dismissers! (I haven't even mentioned the worst subset of us, the alarm deferrers who dynamically change upcoming alarms!)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh, I don't really care either way. My schedule is not exactly fixed (in a two week period I have 7 non-consecutive days waking at one time, two non-consecutive at another time, and the remainder I'm not working), so until I can find an app that lets me set a two-week cycle, I have to set it every night, anyway. I can certainly see the use.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Quetzadilla posted:

Country/provider: US/MetroPCS
Budget: <$300 but will flex to $400+ if significant gains. New/unlocked strongly preferred.

I mostly just websurf or use low-intensity apps, but my LG Leon is struggling even with webpages these days. What I REALLY want is a phone that will last me as long as possible so I don't have to replace it when it can't keep up anymore. It looks like my best options currently are the Honor 8 or Moto G5+ (64GB for the extra ram, prob not the Prime version because im cyberparanoid and also worried about premature slowdown due to Amazon's garbage). I'd possibly make the jump to apple with an SE but those are still expensive and it seems like it's pretty dated at this point. That would actually be kinda preferable due to smaller size and since Jukely is an app I use a lot and their iOS version has way more features.

Nice to haves:
-not-garbage camera for low light (to take pictures at aforementioned Jukely concerts)
-FM tuner not loving locked
-VoLTE - I have weird voice-call deadspots inside my house despite full bars so hopefully VoLTE-capable phone would fix that. Idk if that's a carrier thing tho.

A $300 phone with a non-poo poo camera doesn't exist. At $300 your best bet is a Moto G5+ with 4 GB RAM, but the camera is ho hum and doesn't take good night pictures.

I'm not terribly familiar with MetroPCS, but if they run GSM networks and you can go up to the $400s, the cheapest phone that I think is generally accepted to have a good camera is the OnePlus 3t starting at like $430. But from my understanding it generally isn't goon recommended, though I don't specifically know why.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

DeathSandwich posted:

A $300 phone with a non-poo poo camera doesn't exist. At $300 your best bet is a Moto G5+ with 4 GB RAM, but the camera is ho hum and doesn't take good night pictures.

I'm not terribly familiar with MetroPCS, but if they run GSM networks and you can go up to the $400s, the cheapest phone that I think is generally accepted to have a good camera is the OnePlus 3t starting at like $430. But from my understanding it generally isn't goon recommended, though I don't specifically know why.

I think the phones themselves are honestly OK, but OnePlus themselves has historically been a garbage company.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Can you still get a Nexus 5X new with a one year warranty? They were $300 more than a year ago, the Nexus 5X has a great camera especially in low light, and when it breaks in 8 months the LG G6 that you'll get sent as a warranty replacement has a decent low-light camera.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DeathSandwich posted:

I wonder if pictures are important to you on a budget if you wouldn't just be better off getting a $200 phone and a $100 camera? You can get a 20MP camera with 4X physical zoom for under $100 these days, and the lens isn't constantly exposed to pocket lint so it doesn't get smudged or scratched and will still be taking awesome pictures 10 years from now.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I'll spare you the details but my girlfriend has to choose between these (new, with a plan that suits her):

LG G4 for $75
Galaxy S6 for $75
Sony Xperia X for $60
Moto X Play for $37
Galaxy S5 Neo for $0

Her needs are good picture quality, good battery life, and a screen a little over 5 inches. What do you say?

(We're in Canada but I switched the prices to USD for you convenience.)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

internet inc posted:

I'll spare you the details but my girlfriend has to choose between these (new, with a plan that suits her):

LG G4 for $75
Galaxy S6 for $75
Sony Xperia X for $60
Moto X Play for $37
Galaxy S5 Neo for $0

Her needs are good picture quality, good battery life, and a screen a little over 5 inches. What do you say?

By picture quality, you mean taking photos or having a nice display? In any case, the G4 bootloops and not good, the S6 wasn't that great new, and both are just about two years old at this point. The Xperia X is the newest, but still over a year old and has a small battery. They're all pretty poor options honestly. Save a few bucks and get an S7, or used? Moto Z Play make it to Canada? It's gimmick is being a mid range phone with stock nice Android and really long battery life.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I meant taking nice photos, my bad.

I know they're all bad options but I guess she wants the best of those? She would be coming from a busted-screen Nexus 5, so any of those would be an improvement, I think.

She really doesn't care too much, and doesn't want to go over $100 (with a contract) and that means only those 5 choices. No Moto Z Play from our provider, sadly.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

internet inc posted:

I meant taking nice photos, my bad.

I know they're all bad options but I guess she wants the best of those? She would be coming from a busted-screen Nexus 5, so any of those would be an improvement, I think.

She really doesn't care too much, and doesn't want to go over $100 (with a contract) and that means only those 5 choices. No Moto Z Play from our provider, sadly.

"Doesn't want to go over $100."

5 months later:

"My phones sucks, I am out space and it reboots all the time. Why is my phone so bad?"

Seriously, spend the extra $50-100 to at least get a Samsung S7. I can't emphasize how much better it is than the S6. An iPhone SE is probably under $100 and would also be a great buy.

Are Canadian carriers still doing 3 year contracts? If so, def worth spending a few extra dollars.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

internet inc posted:

LG G4 for $75
Galaxy S6 for $75
Sony Xperia X for $60
Moto X Play for $37
Galaxy S5 Neo for $0

Like Duckman said, an iPhone SE will be a much better phone than all of these and should be in that same price range. Don't even consider buying a G5 or an S5.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Hi, I am in need of a new phone, but not necessarily like, today. I am on ATT. I would like to stay on android, not interested in an iPhone.

It seems from browsing this thread that right now that its either a Moto G5+ for budget or a Pixel.

Is there anything else I should consider? Anything I might hold off and wait for?

With regards to the Pixel, hows the battery life on the smaller one? If I prefer the smaller size, is there any reason to consider the larger?

Generally things that matter to me are battery life, and responsiveness of the UI. I wireless charging would be cool, but htat seems to have not really ever been mainstreamed.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

emocrat posted:

Hi, I am in need of a new phone, but not necessarily like, today. I am on ATT. I would like to stay on android, not interested in an iPhone.

It seems from browsing this thread that right now that its either a Moto G5+ for budget or a Pixel.

Is there anything else I should consider? Anything I might hold off and wait for?

With regards to the Pixel, hows the battery life on the smaller one? If I prefer the smaller size, is there any reason to consider the larger?

Generally things that matter to me are battery life, and responsiveness of the UI. I wireless charging would be cool, but htat seems to have not really ever been mainstreamed.

I love My Axon 7 and so do a ton of other goons, but I would be tempted to drop to 300$ or whatever and pick up the 4gb/64 Moto g5+

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Duckman2008 posted:

"Doesn't want to go over $100."

5 months later:

"My phones sucks, I am out space and it reboots all the time. Why is my phone so bad?"

Seriously, spend the extra $50-100 to at least get a Samsung S7. I can't emphasize how much better it is than the S6. An iPhone SE is probably under $100 and would also be a great buy.

Are Canadian carriers still doing 3 year contracts? If so, def worth spending a few extra dollars.

No like I said she really doesn't care. She's still happy with her Nexus 5 and would keep using it if it wasn't for the broken screen.

With her small plan she'd have to shell out $350 for a new S7. About the same for used ones, if not more. I guess the Canadian market is different? No 3 year contracts either.

I guess the iPhone SE option is on the table. It's still nearly twice her budget and iPhones are tough to sell to her, but I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

internet inc posted:

No like I said she really doesn't care. She's still happy with her Nexus 5 and would keep using it if it wasn't for the broken screen.

With her small plan she'd have to shell out $350 for a new S7. About the same for used ones, if not more. I guess the Canadian market is different? No 3 year contracts either.

I guess the iPhone SE option is on the table. It's still nearly twice her budget and iPhones are tough to sell to her, but I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info.

Sell her the iPhone SE in that it's the best camera, it works, and if she doesn't care about her phone, it'll go the longest without breaking. I sell phones every day, I have plenty of "I don't care about the phone" customers. I'm just saying everyone suddenly cares when the phone stops working before your contract is up and you have to pay way more for another one.

And to your credit, Canadian market seems very different. It has a horrible reputation, worse than the US market, so that sucks for sure.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

emocrat posted:

You're correct, those are the only two I'd consider.

emocrat posted:

I'll say this: my girlfriend's Pixel and my Pixel XL are so close in size that to me the bigger battery of the XL is preferable. Her hands are way too small for an XL but I wouldn't say mine are large. I can't palm a basketball.

I guess it matters if you're kind of person who uses a case because I'm not.

emocrat posted:

Man I miss Qi charging so much.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 14, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

LastInLine posted:

He's not wrong. Samsung writes garbage software and abandons their devices rapidly. There's a reason we don't recommend Samsungs much.

Desk Lamp posted:

That used to be the case, but they're the only OEM other than Google that's kept their promise after joining the "Android Update Alliance" or whatever it was that Google named it. Like I said a page or two ago, outside of Google themselves, they're the best supported Android flagships.

Oh my, oh my. Now I'm just as confused as before.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

Oh my, oh my. Now I'm just as confused as before.

They're both right: Samsung's software isn't good and they abandon devices quickly (especially non-flagships), but they also happen to be probably the best in terms of updates outside of Google. If for whatever reason you want a flagship Android phone and not a Pixel, a Samsung is probably the way to go. But if you want mid range, there are better options, and if you want to spend the money for a flagship, a Pixel will be better almost with no reservations, now that Google has figured out how to do the camera right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm on Verizon here in the US and my phone is finally due for an upgrade. I know people have been talking about the Pixel XL a lot but I've been eyeing the HTC 10 for a while now mainly because I like the idea of moving over the microSD card I have in my Galaxy S5 at the moment and my last HTC phone was an EVO years ago and it worked well. Should I just say gently caress it and get a Pixel? Just looking for good performance and a good camera.