Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"Bad" is a thing right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zikan posted:

i like how this thread thinks the dnc, dccc, and dscc all are the same thing

Nothing is anyone's fault because whatever went wrong fell under someone else's authority.

Again, the bad Dems just acting like the corporations that fund them.

I was following policy! I was following policy! They yell while Alabama restarts the Knights Templar.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

"Bad" is a thing right?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
cc with respect it genuinely scares me that you are apparently deeply involvwd in the dpa and still post the thinfs you do earnestly. i do not get the sense from your posts that the broader party has taken the right lessons from 2016 at all, and if its goinf to be saved, its going to be saved by passionate people who care about their country, in spite of all the mookpolls and empiricism telling the dpa to not gice a gently caress about their "unwinnable districts"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ex post facho posted:

cc with respect it genuinely scares me that you are apparently deeply involvwd in the dpa and still post the thinfs you do earnestly. i do not get the sense from your posts that the broader party has taken the right lessons from 2016 at all, and if its goinf to be saved, its going to be saved by passionate people who care about their country, in spite of all the mookpolls and empiricism telling the dpa to not gice a gently caress about their "unwinnable districts"

ok

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know who's keeping an eye on it, but here have some Kansas special election stuff

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/kansas-house-special-election-district-4

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

zegermans posted:

lmao if that dem barely loses it will be all on Perez

He's gonna lose by 0.5% and the DNC will conclude that they need to run someone farther to the right next time :).

EDIT: And the centrist Dem still won't get any money, because gently caress you.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I don't know who's keeping an eye on it, but here have some Kansas special election stuff

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/kansas-house-special-election-district-4

I bet Chris Rockhold will tell us all about the difference between black people and niggers.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

He's gonna lose by 0.5% and the DNC will conclude that they need to run someone farther to the right next time :).

Keith would have won

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Maybe now they'll support the berniecrat guitar player that's going up against a piece of poo poo billionaire that everyone hates

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shinjobi posted:

The dem is up with only 17% reporting, dont most races usually lean D later?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Sir, I said a coke, not oj.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I bet Chris Rockhold will tell us all about the difference between black people and niggers.

This, anime, and enslaving children to work in your (legal!) heroin factories is the libertarian platform. I know, I watched their entire convention last year.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

got any sevens posted:

The dem is up with only 17% reporting, dont most races usually lean D later?

Lmao tell that to Hillary

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Concerned Citizen posted:

in terms of long-term, the right way to go isn't financial investments into a single race. we do that all the time, and all the work you build over the race is lost after e-day, then you have to rebuild from scratch the next time. the party needs to be making investments in improving the skill level of candidates, staff, and volunteers in those areas. and that's a more difficult task.

Is the party doing this, and if not why not?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

they aren't doing it, and it's v. frustrating to me. i think they decided to leave that sort of thing to third party groups, which i think is a mistake.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

It's a waste of money. It's much more efficient to pay a bunch of Washington retards a billion dollars to jerk each other off

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Not-shitpost:

These itty-bitty house races are decided by only a few thousand votes on the margins. 100 extra volunteers here or there talking in person to a few dozen people a day can swing even a blood-red district; "ooooh this seat isn't winnable gotta keep powder dry" is loser talk.

edit: the point isn't to win rural areas, it is to lose them by less so we can make up the difference in the cities. If you can get 60/40 R in Cornfield County, the Dem fukken wins.

Grimoire has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Apr 12, 2017

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Grimoire posted:

Not-shitpost:

These itty-bitty house races are decided by only a few thousand votes on the margins. 100 extra volunteers here or there talking in person to a few dozen people a day can swing even a blood-red district; "ooooh this seat isn't winnable gotta keep powder dry" is loser talk.

wrong

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

If rockhold spoils the vote for the GOP I am going to laugh and laugh

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

No, U

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If you bleed Democratic enough, no seat is winnable.

Hoard all the money, Hillary needs to be the POTUS chillin' in Cedar Rapids, yall

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I won KS-69 ur welcome

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

logikv9 posted:

I won KS-69 ur welcome

Goongrats

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
8^U

Just Ctrl+Alt+Left'in right now, gettin mad about special elections.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

I won KS-69 ur welcome

congressman testes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Except, unironically.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pack it up, folks, red state blinked for but a brief moment.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
still very very good result for dems, even if it didn't bring him thompson over the line. obviously dccc should have gone in here, they messed up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

still very very good result for dems, even if it didn't bring him thompson over the line. obviously dccc should have gone in here, they messed up

The Democrats are an embarrassment, and it's really cool that we're going to get reminded every couple of months.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"It's good not to put any effort in to winning and assuming that people will vote for you"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

i hope some dudes are getting yelled at right now

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
dems running within 5 in this district is equivalent of hillary nearly winning alabama, by pvi. it's crazy

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

he's a libertarian so he'd do that regardless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dems running within 5 in this district is equivalent of hillary nearly winning alabama, by pvi. it's crazy

Hillary losing the election the way she did, it's crazy

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i think that was solid strategy from the dems. if they invested too much into the race it would have grabbed the repubs attention and cause them to ratchet up the spending as well. instead, by appearing to completely abandon the race (and also actually completely abandoning the race) they lulled the repubs into a false sense of security and almost won.

from the pages of "the art of winning WI and MI" by H.R.C

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just :lol: at the idea that the Republicans have a limit to their spending.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I mean, they got the Vice President to help out in the race, I'm pretty sure the GOP was paying attention to the race

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Participation trophies for elections, I say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

"you win races the way I say you win races" I scream as my political party is slowly constitutionally amended out of existence

• Locked thread