Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
FFG could make a wave that was entirely repainted X-wings with different card selections and I would buy every single one and probably two of my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

FFG could make a wave that was entirely repainted X-wings with different card selections and I would buy every single one and probably two of my favorite.

Yeah I've mentioned this in the past. One or two rereleases in a wave, with an alternate paint scheme, and new/errata'd cards and pilots. Keep old stuff relevant, keep the well of new ships a little more full over time.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hell, just releasing ships with different sets of cards would get my interest. Like, if you released an updated T-65 with a PS 8 pilot as the top dog, and then included (for example) Adaptability, Predator, R2 Astromech, Integrated Astromech, Vectored Thrusters, and Plasma Torpedoes you'd get my instant interest.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Hell, just releasing ships with different sets of cards would get my interest. Like, if you released an updated T-65 with a PS 8 pilot as the top dog, and then included (for example) Adaptability, Predator, R2 Astromech, Integrated Astromech, Vectored Thrusters, and Plasma Torpedoes you'd get my instant interest.

I'd love a cardboard only box (or set of boxes, one for each faction) with new cards and cardboard for every ship. Just re-balance across the board.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Put R2 Astromech in anything that isn't a Y-wing and it'll sell. Put it in something that has a 19 point option with an Astromech slot and it will sell great (cough PS1 X-wing cough)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

Put R2 Astromech in anything that isn't a Y-wing and it'll sell. Put it in something that has a 19 point option with an Astromech slot and it will sell great (cough PS1 X-wing cough)

Five T-65s you say?

:fap:

You're not gonna kill more than one of them on the joust, probably, then that's at least 12 dice coming right back at you. Mmmm.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Five T-65s you say?

:fap:

You're not gonna kill more than one of them on the joust, probably, then that's at least 12 dice coming right back at you. Mmmm.

Yeahhhhhh you're pretty close to that right now with 5 TIE Strikers.
The PS1 version is 19 points including your choice of either Lightweight Frame or Targeting Computer.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What are the odds of FFG announcing or showing off anything new at Celebration this week? Trying to decide if it's worth the line to get into their panel.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What are the odds of FFG announcing or showing off anything new at Celebration this week? Trying to decide if it's worth the line to get into their panel.

This is where they should announce Heroes/Villains of Scarif but that would be too awesome to actually ever happen.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You would think they have to have something to announce. Pretty sure Disney would require it.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Eh, they are gonna be releasing the new Destiny set, but I'd presume X-Wing will have some sort of news, what with the system open finals or whatever.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My bet is a new tournament format or other organized things lay options.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

canyoneer posted:

Yeahhhhhh you're pretty close to that right now with 5 TIE Strikers.
The PS1 version is 19 points including your choice of either Lightweight Frame or Targeting Computer.

Yeah but for those of us that don't actually like playing Imperial or Scum it would be nice to have. Five Y-wings just isn't the same, and there's nothing on the Rebel field that manages 3 reds at 20 points or fewer.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Hell with it. Bought a Z-95, TIE/fo, and TIE Punisher from the Spring Cleaning sale.

I have no willpower. :saddowns:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

IronSaber posted:

Hell with it. Bought a Z-95, TIE/fo, and TIE Punisher from the Spring Cleaning sale.

I have no willpower. :saddowns:

My only saving grace is that I am in Australia and shipping ruins any sale. Really wish we got good sales here :(

Is there a big tournament at the SW celebration this week?

Raged fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 12, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The finals between the system Open winners is there. I think that's it tho.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Thanks for that sale heads-up, $47.50 Gozanti eh? SOLD.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I like this game but I really suck at it. The reddit vassal league didn't teach me a lot because I got plowed the whole time.

Any other bad players / beginners ever want to play? I don't think I've won a single game in 2017.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chemmy posted:

I like this game but I really suck at it. The reddit vassal league didn't teach me a lot because I got plowed the whole time.

Any other bad players / beginners ever want to play? I don't think I've won a single game in 2017.

I'm willing to run you through some games, talk through basic strategy, etc.

I don't like Vassal though, so you'd have to do Tabletop Simulator

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I appreciate the offer, I think my biggest problem is I just don't play enough. I'd rather try and get some games in against other new/bad players.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chemmy posted:

I appreciate the offer, I think my biggest problem is I just don't play enough. I'd rather try and get some games in against other new/bad players.

I've taught probably twenty people to play, several of which have reached my level.

Play against bad players and you learn bad habits. Play against a good player who is willing to talk through the decision making process so you learn what good habits look like.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Play against bad players and you learn bad habits. Play against a good player who is willing to talk through the decision making process so you learn what good habits look like.

That's what I'm kind of worried about now that I am going to start going to big tournaments. Locally (about 15 people) I have won every tournament and I won the only 100 pt tourney I went to in Sydney. Yet, I can't shake the feeling I am going to get curb stomped when I go to a major event.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

Please release the mustache X-wing guy from Rogue One tia.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Looks like the Imperial Raider found its way into Star Wars: Battlefront II:

https://vimeo.com/212842535

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

kingcom posted:

Please release the mustache X-wing guy from Rogue One tia.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

yesssss

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

I've taught probably twenty people to play, several of which have reached my level.

Who is going to teach you the good habits then?

:smuggo:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Who is going to teach you the good habits then?

:smuggo:

The multiple high-level, make-the-cut-at-most-major-events players at my local store, Team Covenant, a renowned source of X-Wing information and high-level play.

Where I hold my own and have won the last two leagues, consecutively.

Raged posted:

That's what I'm kind of worried about now that I am going to start going to big tournaments. Locally (about 15 people) I have won every tournament and I won the only 100 pt tourney I went to in Sydney. Yet, I can't shake the feeling I am going to get curb stomped when I go to a major event.

Play with us! Or on Vassal!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

New Battlefront Trailer is out, I was pretty surprised and excited to see the first ship flying into view:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

kingcom posted:

New Battlefront Trailer is out, I was pretty surprised and excited to see the first ship flying into view:

Literally 4 posts above yours

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Literally 4 posts above yours

Fuuuuckkkk, I was blinded by the handsome mustache :negative:

Point being im hoping this means FFG gets more digital stuff going like pdfs of their RPGs if they are working with EA.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

The multiple high-level, make-the-cut-at-most-major-events players at my local store, Team Covenant, a renowned source of X-Wing information and high-level play.

Where I hold my own and have won the last two leagues, consecutively.

They're no Miniwargaming.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They're no Miniwargaming.

God I'm so depressed they stopped making X-wing vids. I want more insane useless combos they manage to stumble into.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Fellow bad player reporting in. Timezone? I'm guessing ET from your userpic.

Tacopocalypse posted:

Looks like the Imperial Raider found its way into Star Wars: Battlefront II:

That looks real nice but didn't they kind of poo poo the bed with the first one?

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 12, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

AndyElusive posted:

That looks real nice but didn't they kind of poo poo the bed with the first one?

Nah, it was a perfectly fine game that was fun to play. The internet did its usual and blew up because it wasn't the fabled Battlefront 3 that featured every single ship and battle in the entire franchise.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah, it was a perfectly fine game that was fun to play. The internet did its usual and blew up because it wasn't the fabled Battlefront 3 that featured every single ship and battle in the entire franchise.

I really did not like it. From having to camp for the tokens to the really crap feel of the shooting. Best part was the dogfighting but even that was so watered down it got stale really quick.

It was made for your average non-gamer to play. Think Battlefield compared to that F2P version. Nothing wrong with that, but was not fun for me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Raged posted:

I really did not like it. From having to camp for the tokens to the really crap feel of the shooting. Best part was the dogfighting but even that was so watered down it got stale really quick.

It was made for your average non-gamer to play. Think Battlefield compared to that F2P version. Nothing wrong with that, but was not fun for me.

Those are perfectly valid issues to have with the game and I agree to an extent, but I still think the general internet response was totally ridiculous. You can see the same thing happening right now with Mass Effect: Andromeda, another totally fine game that only suffers when compared to previous franchise entries. Maybe my standard for video games has been lowered as I get older and spend less time with a controller in my hand, but I had plenty of fun and got my money's worth out of both.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I really liked the visuals and got a fun couple days out of BF but it got stale super quick with the no single player and the paucity of maps and stuff. Hopefully if they're gonna stretch this game out over 3 eras and they're working on the same engine we'll get more than like 5 maps or whatever.

I'm also super pumped about what I hope is the inevitable Blue Squadron X-Wing pack. We have a ton of voiced characters in movies now with the 4-5 pilots we see in Rogue One who fly ships that are in X-Wing but are not actually in the game yet. Plus come on there are still only four total pilots for Rebel Y-Wings? I have to imagine something is in the works.

How many months was it between TFA coming out and the announcement of Wave 10 with the Upsilon and other stuff? I know we're still missing that TFA Star Destroyer from Armada, plus I guess the Stormtrooper Transport and weird flat rebel transport ship from Episode 7, although I figure those would be in Wave 11 if they were ever coming out.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Give us cool mustache guy and a new Garvin and Dutch all with EPTs, and a blue squad X-wing model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

banned from Starbucks posted:

Give us cool mustache guy and a new Garvin and Dutch all with EPTs, and a blue squad X-wing model

Yeah it's bogus, man. We have two Han/Chewbacca pilots on the same ship and two Millennium Falcon titles but no new X Wing pilots

• Locked thread