Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

blue squares posted:

im very mad at all the problems. kids dont have food to eat, their schools are bad, people die for no reason, and nobody cares enough to just fix things

Have you ever considered that maybe the way to fix these problems is to abandon people to them and also give the already wealthy more money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Gringostar posted:

nothing matters and everything is awesome

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

NecroMonster posted:

Have you ever considered that maybe the way to fix these problems is to abandon people to them and also give the already wealthy more money?

this is surprisingly effective

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:hai:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

dems failed to flip a +30 R congressional seat in bumfuck kansas because the dcc didnt make the tweet, time to give up on life i guess

humanity had a good run, but kansas is bad so i guess it's time for nuclear fire

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Deer are delicious.

a driver at work is getting me a shitload of deer jerky for my emergency bag, so stoked. if i survive the nuclear fires, i'll eat / be killed for delicious jerky

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Bad Dems, Bad Dems
Watchu gonna do?
Whatchu gonna do
If you ever actually win a loving election lmao omg

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

NecroMonster posted:

they are worth abandoning and the wealthy were getting paid no matter what

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
like even 20k in there, the bares minimum of hey have you heard of this guy? Pretty cool, and youre probly looking a small mov instead of a 10pt loss, but idk, im not a demo strategerist

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

*in extremely Democratic voice after actively fighting against active leadership*

It's better to not try and fail than to ever try at all.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

i completed my PhD in bernie math by mathematically proving that dems could win every congressional seat in georgia by putting a rose emoji in the dnc's twitter handle and tweeting 'retire bitch' at republican congressmen

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm REAL hungry but I don't have a drat thing to eat.

There's a bunch of pigeons outside imma try and hit one with a shoe.

TRUMP!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fallen Hamprince posted:

dems failed to flip a +30 R congressional seat in bumfuck kansas because the dcc didnt make the tweet, time to give up on life i guess

yea seeing people suicidal over the DCC failing to flip an extremely blood red district is kinda adorable. The point was less to create a miracle win and more to have the news of the day be 'Republicans sweating what used to be a gimmie district'. Like, trump had to robocall for Estuss, that's a thing that people pick up on.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

line starts at this post

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ex post facho posted:

like even 20k in there, the bares minimum of hey have you heard of this guy? Pretty cool, and youre probly looking a small mov instead of a 10pt loss, but idk, im not a demo strategerist

20k would not have changed the result even in the slightest, if they wanted to move it to 5 it would have taken an hundreds of thousands a few weeks out

elections are really expensive

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hell yeah

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

quote:

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2017 · 9:14:00 PM CDT · David Nir

A lot of folks have wondered why the DCCC or other DC groups didn’t get involved here earlier. My take: Had the D-Trip started spending money here, it would have instantly nationalized this race and turned it into Ron Estes vs. Nancy Pelosi. That’s a recipe for a guaranteed loss in a district like this one. The only way this race was ever going to be close was via sneak attack.

My god they're really going that way with this, aren't they.

Also wanna punch whoever this is for saying "D-Trip"

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

jesus was the ultimate nothing matters man. all you have to do is believe in the things jesus says about god, and bam you get into heaven.

nothing else in this earthly realm matters.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Modus Pwnens posted:

d trip is what everyone calls it though

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BUSH 2112 posted:

a driver at work is getting me a shitload of deer jerky for my emergency bag, so stoked. if i survive the nuclear fires, i'll eat / be killed for delicious jerky

Just eat that poo poo now. They'll get another one next year.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

NNick posted:

Special elections are worse for dems because they have a lovely base of liberals and do nothing to change it. Evidence: this election.

Ok

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i completed my PhD in bernie math by mathematically proving that dems could win every congressional seat in georgia by putting a rose emoji in the dnc's twitter handle and tweeting 'retire bitch' at republican congressmen

tbf i'd like to see this

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

*nods nihilisticly*

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

tom perez make the tweet you old bitch!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Der Meister posted:

Abolish the democratic p

rocess

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

*in extremely Democratic voice after actively fighting against active leadership*

It's better to not try and fail than to ever try at all.

https://youtu.be/CNOutomr5XI

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fallen Hamprince posted:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
if only the democrats had hundreds of thousands to spend on a vulnerable seat!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

seems more like the other way around

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EZ D
MO
HRC

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
abolish everything and kill all the stars!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

ex post facho posted:

that 20k request was for those junk mail things they send out to try to get people to vote, it wouldn't move it 3% points lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

sexpig by night posted:

yea seeing people suicidal over the DCC failing to flip an extremely blood red district is kinda adorable. The point was less to create a miracle win and more to have the news of the day be 'Republicans sweating what used to be a gimmie district'. Like, trump had to robocall for Estuss, that's a thing that people pick up on.

not only that but

:lol: if they had a chance in hell of flipping the seat

this was a fold early to test where to put money in the future

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

NNick posted:

I would expect democrats to do more than tweet but since it is a Bernie bro they don't do anything.

What the gently caress else are they doing anyways?

well they also didnt do anything because before like this past week the best guess anyone could make about the viability of the district was that its top percentile conservative and hasnt gone blue in decades

as for what theyre doing, idk. presumably fielding a lot of angry phone calls or ranting about Russian kompromat into an Arbys drive through window

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

d trip is what everyone calls it though

What do I know, I'm a corncob

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Modus Pwnens posted:

cruz and pence were campaigning for this nothing district in a dingleberry state

the GOP noticed and it's loving bizarre to see "we were sneak attacking!" when the GOP was already fortified and ready to march out against the invaders

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

heres my strategy for winning the district: murder everyone

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yinlock posted:

seems more like the other way around

Everything is insanely awesome.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

'Wow guys I just found a whole bunch of votes I forgot to count that give the republican candidate the win by enough of a margin to avoid triggering a recount." -every Tepublican in charge of election procedure across this shitpile of a country

"Well at least we know the system works." -Dem response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol whatever happened to the <10 is a win crew

I thought you knew better than to expect anything but self-defeating ignorant hate from these hicks

The lesson here is that the path to victory is a combination of running progressives and making GBS threads hard on the GOP so that the CHUDs who will never, ever, ever vote for a Dem ever just don't turn out

You couldn't have asked for a situation more likely to tailor an upset and it still was never gonna deliver. You were warned. Now get screaming and shaming and don't stop until 2020

• Locked thread