Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dems are a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/851981915427147776

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
That money is too important to spare and needs to be spent on a better purpose, like increasing DiFi's margins by 1%.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/851980241107132416

:cripes:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
it's looking more like the goper is winning by 9-10, which is pretty borderline for dccc involvement. big e-day turnout for republicans

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

It's the Hillary Michigan strategy!

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

comingafteryouall posted:

"you win races the way I say you win races" I scream as my political party is slowly constitutionally amended out of existence

Best thing for them, really.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ted loving Cruz was campaigning, The goddamn Vice President was helping, the GOP was spending a shitload of money on ad buys. The gently caress is wrong with these people

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
national level democratic leadership needs to issue a clearly delineated chart explaining which org handles which duties so that we can be sure we're complaining about the right people when they pooch things up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

paranoid randroid posted:

national level democratic leadership needs to issue a clearly delineated chart explaining which org handles which duties so that we can be sure we're complaining about the right people when they pooch things up

I'm going to complain about you instead.:smug:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Ted loving Cruz was campaigning, The goddamn Vice President was helping, the GOP was spending a shitload of money on ad buys. The gently caress is wrong with these people

Aha, you expended significant resources on the race to put yourself over the top, making me the victor!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

yeah but tom perez's domain is just "fundraising," "that interview on cnbc," and "presidential primary rules."

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

wow, life imitates art, go figure

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The Our Revolution candidate beat the Establishment Dem in the primary, and proceeded to make the race closer than any Dem has in [TBD: 18 or 20 years] in one of the safer Red districts in the country... with zero support outside of the grassroots

What I expected ITT posted:

:toot:

What I found ITT posted:

:negative:

:confuoot:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

The Our Revolution candidate beat the Establishment Dem in the primary,... with zero support outside of the grassroots

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Paracaidas posted:

The Our Revolution candidate beat the Establishment Dem in the primary, and proceeded to make the race closer than any Dem has in [TBD: 18 or 20 years] in one of the safer Red districts in the country... with zero support outside of the grassroots

Hope is a dangerous thing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I'm going to complain about you instead.:smug:

thats fair, my posting is increedibly loving bad

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

yeah but tom perez's domain is just "fundraising," "that interview on cnbc," and "presidential primary rules."

yeah see i need this in the form of a venn diagram

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
In very serious person voice: This only proves that Bernie and progressives are in fact bad for the downticket races.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sounds Like We Need A Centrist Party

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

thats fair, my posting is increedibly loving bad

Sigh....:same:, friend.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

The Our Revolution candidate beat the Establishment Dem in the primary

Agnosticnixie posted:

In very serious person voice: This only proves that Bernie and progressives are in fact bad for the downticket races.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Perez isn't wrong but it seems really dumb to run as a Democratic with the stink of generational loser on you if the DNC/DPA/whatever alphabet soup they come up with won't help you out.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
our 50 state strategy is to slowly and preventably lose all 50 states to republicans, and oh boy howdy they better look out then!!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Perez isn't wrong

Isn't he, though? Seems like this sort of race could be an incredible moneymaker for the party if they were giving it attention, even if they lost. They kind of have a major credibility problem right now. They are a fundraising organization, there is only one other major race happening right now - why weren't, you know, fundraising for it, raising money specifically to pour in? If they lose, well, they lose money they wouldn't have otherwise raised. If they win - boy, if they win, they get to trumpet how they helped push him over the line thanks to their donors!

They are literally incapable of long term thinking if a race like this is seen as indistinguishable from the "thousands of others".

Oh wait this was a Sanders backed Dem and the DNC only cares about corporate lobbyist cash, it all makes sense lmao

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Apr 12, 2017

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

GlyphGryph posted:

Isn't he, though? Seems like this sort of race could be an incredible moneymaker for the party if they were giving it attention, even if they lost. They kind of have a major credibility problem right now.

They are literally incapable of long term thinking though.

He said putting money into every race would necessitate an increase in spending or something like that.

He's right, but that's also the purpose of a national party so he's a complete idiot while being technically correct (The Best Democrat).

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

"that would require a major increase in funds. and do I look like a leader that can produce that, despite it literally being my job? hell no I'm just here cause Obama wanted me here"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

His answer to "can we invest in all of them?" was "no, we cannot invest in this one"

He's wrong on multiple levels! (Or, less charitably, he's lying, the way Dems like to do)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

ah, i see. so when he said he planned on enacting a 50-state strategy he meant fundraising from all 50 states.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/851982885292830722

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
buttigieg wouldve buttigeig

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

You're new to dems, yet?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

yeah see i need this in the form of a venn diagram

:effort:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Explains a lot actually

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

heh and republicans call themselves a national party but won't contest every race

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
close loss actually a stunning crushing victory: the tale of bernouts

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

no buttygreg, fake news

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/851989659680989184

also useful just to show as a baseline that Republicans trying vs. Democrats not = 25 point Dem shift

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

no buttygreg, fake news

He doesn't seem to fit anywhere in there?

alternatively: it's scaled to weight for frequency! He's actually in the left circle, but it's very tiny font compared to Dem Successes by GOP Fuckups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/blippoblappo/status/851987889948950528

• Locked thread