Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

Dude. It's a month old and it pre-dates the Susan Rice bullshit.

And it's been overtaken pretty drastically by events.

quote:

It's the honest assessment of Obama and key Dem personnel with inside knowledge of the investigation.

It doesn't even say what you think it's saying. All it says is that there's probably going to be no smoking gun, which isn't news. People with inside knowledge have been saying that for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

The "deep state" is not a real thing. And I'd take Pence or Ryan over Trump every day of the week.

This is the worst post.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blue Train posted:

I feel like there are further implications than that when most people use it, as though they exert secret power and killed Kennedy etc

They've illegally murdered tons of people and overthrown unfriendly governments across the globe. They currently have the entire populace under surveillance. It's pretty bleak without the JFK poo poo.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

And it's been overtaken pretty drastically by events.

It doesn't even say what you think it's saying. All it says is that there's probably going to be no smoking gun, which isn't news. People with inside knowledge have been saying that for months.

Which events? Do you think those guys didn't know about Carter Page? I'll bet you they did. If there's no smoking gun or evidence, why are we all wasting our loving time?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Which events? Do you think those guys didn't know about Carter Page? I'll bet you they did. If there's no smoking gun or evidence, why are we all wasting our loving time?

"No smoking gun" does not mean "no evidence." The evidence probably won't take Trump down, and I'm comfortable with that. Having him remain in power, hated by most of the country, but totally neutered as a political entity, is the best-case scenario.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They've illegally murdered tons of people and overthrown unfriendly governments across the globe. They currently have the entire populace under surveillance. It's pretty bleak without the JFK poo poo.

Oh definitely I'm not arguing any of that

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

"No smoking gun" does not mean "no evidence." The evidence probably won't take Trump down, and I'm comfortable with that. Having him remain in power, hated by most of the country, but totally neutered as a political entity, is the best-case scenario.

"But on Wednesday night, Morell appeared at an intelligence community forum to “cast doubt” on “allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.” “On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire at all,” he said, adding, “There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.”

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"But on Wednesday night, Morell appeared at an intelligence community forum to “cast doubt” on “allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

That's Glenn "THIS IS THE NEW MCCARTHYISM!:qq:" Greenwald editorializing. Morell's statement doesn't actually do that - just casts doubt on there being a clear smoking gun.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

The "deep state" is not a real thing. And I'd take Pence or Ryan over Trump every day of the week.

You need to make your trolls more subtle if you want people to respond

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

That's Glenn "THIS IS THE NEW MCCARTHYISM!:qq:" Greenwald editorializing. Morell's statement doesn't actually do that - just casts doubt on there being a clear smoking gun.

He's quoting him. Hence the quotes.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/clinton-ally-says-smoke-no-fire-no-russia-trump-collusion-n734176

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

He's quoting him. Hence the quotes.

Yes, but notice that not all of that was a quote. In fact, this part was Greenwald talking, not Morell: "But on Wednesday night, Morell appeared at an intelligence community forum to “cast doubt” on “allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.”

Also, Morell hasn't been part of the IC since 2013, so no, he actually doesn't have insider knowledge at all.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You need to make your trolls more subtle if you want people to respond

he got like 4 people to respond to him and the entire last 2 pages are basically following that post

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

I feel like there are further implications than that when most people use it, as though they exert secret power and killed Kennedy etc

Yeah I guess I'm just not up on the subtleties of the term. It just seems to me like one of those phrases like "alternative facts" and "fake news" that morons toss out to change the subject from the fact that our Commander in Chief is a blithering buffoon.

Normal, rational person: "Oh, myGod, look at what an idiot Trump is. He is really loving things up in an undeniable way."

Trump supporter: "B-b-but the Deep State and the banks!!"

It's possible for two things to be bad!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

Yes, but notice that not all of that was a quote. In fact, this part was Greenwald talking, not Morell: "But on Wednesday night, Morell appeared at an intelligence community forum to “cast doubt” on “allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.”

Also, Morell hasn't been part of the IC since 2013, so no, he actually doesn't have insider knowledge at all.

Watch the second video on that NBC story. James Clapper literally says "no evidence".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Who was the dumbass I was arguing with before Trump got elected who supported Trump because he believed Trump would keep us out of the Middle East? He told me he was a "certified genius" and was really looking forward to Trump "sticking it to the House of Lockheed-Saud."

Anyway lol at that guy.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Applewhite posted:

Yeah I guess I'm just not up on the subtleties of the term. It just seems to me like one of those phrases like "alternative facts" and "fake news" that morons toss out to change the subject from the fact that our Commander in Chief is a blithering buffoon.

Normal, rational person: "Oh, myGod, look at what an idiot Trump is. He is really loving things up in an undeniable way."

Trump supporter: "B-b-but the Deep State and the banks!!"

It's possible for two things to be bad!

The entire idea is that they do what they want regardless of the outcome of elections which is pretty loving hard to counter at this point.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

More that they have their own agenda and exert significant influence due to their power and the secrecy which covers pretty much everything about then including their very existence. And the fact that they've worked very hard on ways to evade legislative oversight and even blatantly break the law

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Watch the second video on that NBC story. James Clapper literally says "no evidence".

He said his office had no evidence; the FBI does not seem to be convinced that evidence does not exist. Thus them continuing their investigation.

The entire idea is that they do what they want regardless of the outcome of elections which is pretty loving hard to counter at this point.

It's their job to investigate officials who collude with foreign adversaries.:ssh:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Okay so then they seem like a separate problem?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

More that they have their own agenda and exert significant influence due to their power and the secrecy which covers pretty much everything about then including their very existence. And the fact that they've worked very hard on ways to evade legislative oversight and even blatantly break the law

Everyone is talking about them so "covering up their very existence" isn't going so well.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I mean, poo poo, look at MK ULTRA. The only reason we found out about it is a clerical error that accidentally saved some of the files from being burned. Think of how much poo poo was successfully destroyed with no evidence

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I mean, poo poo, look at MK ULTRA. The only reason we found out about it is a clerical error that accidentally saved some of the files from being burned. Think of how much poo poo was successfully destroyed with no evidence

Yeah it's hosed up. Somebody should do something. Also, on a separate subject, somebody should do something about the fact that the most powerful man in the world is an egomaniac sociopath with the intellectual sophistication of a sixth-grader.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yea that's fair

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I think you're under the misimpression that anybody here is actually rooting for the IC, outside of them destroying Trump and Trump destroying them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Everyone is talking about them so "covering up their very existence" isn't going so well.

There are dozens of intelligence agencies, most of which even the names are classified

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Who was the dumbass I was arguing with before Trump got elected who supported Trump because he believed Trump would keep us out of the Middle East? He told me he was a "certified genius" and was really looking forward to Trump "sticking it to the House of Lockheed-Saud."

Anyway lol at that guy.

Anyone who thought this was going to happen is really loving dumb and I'm guessing we could go through the post history of every {even ironic} Trump supporter in this thread and they probably proclaimed something similar at some point

Trump was only ever anti-war or interventionist when he didn't like the politicians who were driving it. Like literally every decision he makes politically lol his entire presidential career is based on how he can dig at people who have wronged him

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

Nobody knows who half these groups actually are or what their activities are. In fact, it's possible that nobody know their full scope due to the highly compartmentalize nature of these programs and institutions

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

There are dozens of intelligence agencies, most of which even the names are classified

Yeah and there are dozens of carcinogens in our food and water supply and there are serial killers living among us in our neighborhoods. That doesn't mean we give up fixing the visible problems over which we have power.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Yeah and there are dozens of carcinogens in our food and water supply and there are serial killers living among us in our neighborhoods. That doesn't mean we give up fixing the visible problems over which we have power.

Yes, I get it. You hate Trump because he reminds you of your uncle that thinks you're a pussy. So #1 priority- destroy Trump

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nobody knows who half these groups actually are or what their activities are. In fact, it's possible that nobody know their full scope due to the highly compartmentalize nature of these programs and institutions

Okay well sounds like something I can't possibly verify is up to something that I'll never see.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yes, I get it. You hate Trump because he reminds you of your uncle that thinks you're a pussy. So #1 priority- destroy Trump

lol please explain to me how Trump is good and should be president. Lay it on me, bro.

E: without using any variation of "Hillary would be worse."

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

lol please explain to me how Trump is good and should be president. Lay it on me, bro.

His incompetence has generated a lot of laughs

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

His incompetence has generated a lot of laughs

So did Steve Carell on the Office. I wouldn't want the fictional character Michael Scott to be POTUS.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

They've stopped trying to even attempt that because it's impossible. They've actually started doing the trump thing of deflecting onto Hillary or Obama or anyone that isn't Trump and it's super obvious what's happening but it's still a pretty effective troll and I get mad like a retard about it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

Okay well sounds like something I can't possibly verify is up to something that I'll never see.

Well according to the last batch if leaks, apparently they're asssasinating a whole lot of people with drones, created a way to secretly murder people in hospitals by hacking their life support, love wars, and oh they might have assasinated a journalist

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

He should be president because he won the electoral college :smugdon:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He should be president because he won the electoral college :smugdon:

ah ha ha.

Damned by faint praise.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

He owned the Bush dynasty as well as horrible inhuman trolls like Ted Cruz. If we're lucky he might even end up taking down evil prick Paul Ryan, and just generally blowing up the Republican party

Oh and he followed theough and cancelled the horrible bloated monster that the TPP had become

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

ah ha ha.

Damned by faint praise.

Honestly Trump is really churning the waters man, he's getting us talking about a lot of poo poo that's been under the surface, take for instance, illegal surveillance on Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
TRUMP: He certainly is a president!

TRUMP: slightly less than half of all Americans can't all be wrong!

TRUMP: TRUMP

• Locked thread