Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone else pick up cosmic star heroine? Kind of a fun throw back rpg but it's little buggy.
I hadn't heard of it but looking it up this seems to be very much in the vein of a Phantasy Star with the planets and combos and such? If it doesn't sacrifice modern UX conventions to the retro gameplay that sounds right up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I just got Horizon and Yooka-Laylee. games are good again, what a time to be alive

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
My PS4 amateur auto updated and refused to read discs until I did a hard reboot.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

morallyobjected posted:

I just got Horizon and Yooka-Laylee. games are good again, what a time to be alive
well, 50% isnt bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Awesome! posted:

well, 50% isnt bad

Horizon is all right!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Coughing Hobo posted:

My PS4 amateur auto updated and refused to read discs until I did a hard reboot.

4.55 is a buggy firmware and is corrupting game data. My friend called to tell me it happened to him. Avoid downloading it, if possible.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/852152472634183688

For all you fans out there

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

With Gamefly make sure that the shipping preferences for your Q are what you want

I've looked through every setting I can find and not seein' it, google makes it sound like they just ship the next available..?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell :yeah:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Fuckin a at Kiwami.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

4.55 is a buggy firmware and is corrupting game data. My friend called to tell me it happened to him. Avoid downloading it, if possible.

And I updated to 4.55 and had no problems with my PS4.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is Kiwami the Yakuza 1 remake. Or a spinoff or something.

After 0 I'm just going to buy all yakuza because that seems like a good strategy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah nice

Bombadilillo posted:

Is Kiwami the Yakuza 1 remake. Or a spinoff or something.

After 0 I'm just going to buy all yakuza because that seems like a good strategy.

Yeah it's​ a remake of the first game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Wow, I was not expecting Kiwami to be $30, this rules.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Prey is getting a demo. There's been so much other stuff released and lined up I completely forgot about this one.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Wow, I was not expecting Kiwami to be $30, this rules.

Amazon has the steel book version and standard version both for $30, don't know if that's a mistake? Or limited stock?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is Yakuza 1 significantly shorter than 0? There's no way I'm not getting it at $30.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
$30 seems insane to me too, was it because of that survey that was floating around?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think Yakuza 1 is a much shorter game than the rest of the series but $30 is a steal regardless

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's shorter in that it's only like 40 hours to do everything instead of 80
From what I remember anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe they see it as recycled content and dont want to bleed everybody before 6 launches

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It's $30 on purpose per the Playstation Blog so whatever. I'll buy it at that for sure.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

havenwaters posted:

It's $30 on purpose per the Playstation Blog so whatever. I'll buy it at that for sure.

I'm just surprised the standard and Steel Book edition are priced the same.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm just surprised the standard and Steel Book edition are priced the same.

Sometimes that happens. Persona 5 Steelbook was the same price as the standard box.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sega also released Valkryia Chronicles Remastered in a steelbook for $30. I guess Sega's just finally learning how to be cool with their fans.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

I've looked through every setting I can find and not seein' it, google makes it sound like they just ship the next available..?

There should be a link to that from your Q page? I don't know if maybe that's an option they only offer to some people (I've had an active subscription for a while)

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, since I'm currently on a budget I've managed to pair down the easter sale to one of these three:
- Nioh
- Yakuza 0
- Dishonored 2

Would any of you kind goons give me your thoughts regarding these games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're also releasing like three Yakuza games in probably 12ish months here, so they might see it as a way of not diluting the brand and enticing people who might otherwise just wait for 6.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, since I'm currently on a budget I've managed to pair down the easter sale to one of these three:
- Nioh
- Yakuza 0
- Dishonored 2

Yakuza 0 will give you the most bang for your buck and is an excellent game, Nioh is really good too though

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Yakuza zero has a great sense of humour but its very story and cut scene heavy. I love it but i very much need to be in the mood for a 2 hour plus gaming session to sit down and play it.

Yakuza just dropped in price to £28 and you can get Dishonored 2 used for around £12. Also that game didn't sell well so they just recently released a demo that contains the first 3 levels.

Nioh I'm still waiting on a price drop for, hasn't dipped below £42 since release.

Macarius Wrench fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

- Nioh
- Yakuza 0
- Dishonored 2

Nioh has the more compelling gameplay (if you like Souls-style games), Yakuza has the more compelling story, Dishonored 2 would probably be last on any metric unless you hate Japan

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nioh: samurai souls
Yakuza: grand theft tokyo
Dishonored: steampunk hitman

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is US going to get an Easter sale?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Probably yes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

haveblue posted:

Nioh: samurai souls
Yakuza: grand theft tokyo
Dishonored: steampunk hitman

GTA is not a good comparison for Yakuza, it's really more of an RPG

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yakuza is a more story heavy River City Ransom, not GTA.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

- Nioh
- Yakuza 0
- Dishonored 2

if you liked the first dishonored, dishonored 2 is exactly more of that. it's a good game but it won't change anyone's mind on the series

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Lakbay posted:

Is US going to get an Easter sale?

Last year we got a Golden Week sale after Easter, but this year Golden Week isn't until last of April/early May.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The controls in Dishonored 2 feel REAAAALLLY bad compared to the first one. I don't know if it's some sort of input lag or what but aiming your gun is a nightmare.

Try the demo.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Sylphosaurus posted:

- Nioh
- Yakuza 0
- Dishonored 2

Dishonored has a "demo" out now that lets you play the first two to three levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its good but yakuza