Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

as much I'm glad about how they're handling the 'sequel'...I bet EA will still find a way to gently caress this up at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Here is hoping it's better than the previous game.

e: vvv This guy gets it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 12, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

as much I'm glad about how they're handling the 'sequel'...I bet EA will still find a way to gently caress this up at launch.

yeah much like Ubisoft, EA is firmly in my "don't loving believe their lies.jpg" filing cabinet. Almost everything they do that looks cool and good, they find a way to gently caress it all up

that being said I'd love a good Battlefront sequel, maybe they'll get rid of the stupid card system and let people actually climb into vehicles instead of warping into them from nowhere

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Invictus posted:

At first the ones available were Sideswipe and Tigertrack, so I grabbed those, then they put out Red Alert, and I like Red Alert, so I got that, and then there was G2 Sideswipe, who is ridiculous and absurd and literally has this face and weapons and SPIKED TIRE SHOULDER PADS from the original G2 comic so I had to get him:

and then there was only one left, an actual KO of no other character, just a red and gold Sideswipe, so I figured why not it was 20 bucks shipped. :v:

That is the best Sideswipe I have ever seen in my entire life. :allears:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

I'll be honest, I must be the only nerd in the world that really doesn't want to play a Star Wars game...but from the perspective of the Empire!!! Like fine, TIE Fighter was cool, not trying to begrudge that, but I'd honestly just rather have a game in the vein of Republic Commando only with a Rebel squad. I mean I'd rather have Star Wars games that aren't more Battlefront, or made by EA/DICE for that matter, as long as I'm wishing in one hand and making GBS threads in the other.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

glam rock hamhock posted:

The really baffling thing about Star Wars Battlefront is if they made the maps free and just made people pay for cosmetic stuff, it's still cosmetic stuff in a Star Wars game and that would pretty much be printing money. Instead they give you know maps, the community dies in weeks because the user base is split and they ending up making far less than they would otherwise. Like they'd rather bleed dry a handful of people rather than bleed a really large group of people a little bit.

Call of Duty has been doing it this way too. Everyone hates it, even the people that buy the map expansions. I would guess that even the developers probably hate it because it means far less people get to see their map packs and they know its fragmenting their playerbase. I can only guess that there is logic or data showing that it makes more money and thus it is the way to go so they're money-balling it despite the fact that it sucks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KingSlime posted:

PS1 had a ton of good games, and a fuckload of bad ones

I'm still kinda mad that the Poy Poy series died on the ps1, I used to play the poo poo out of those games in college. It could have been incredible with online play. Rot in hell Konami.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Call of Duty has been doing it this way too. Everyone hates it, even the people that buy the map expansions. I would guess that even the developers probably hate it because it means far less people get to see their map packs and they know its fragmenting their playerbase. I can only guess that there is logic or data showing that it makes more money and thus it is the way to go so they're money-balling it despite the fact that it sucks.

Meanwhile Dota 2 has had one map for almost 20 years and is making money hand over fist via cosmetics and essentially purchasable quests.

As someone who makes bad decisions on season passes regularly, even I won't do map packs.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kamiya is a treasure and I'm glad his baby got a steam release

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, it must be FAR harder to sell cosmetic items for generic shootmans than for LoL characters or anything Star Wars. With CoD I could see them not making as much with cosmetic stuff as map stuff, especially because it's yearly series

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59s30ovE6AQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Throw in some EDM beat and you have the next summer hit

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Captain Invictus posted:

here you go:

Wideload(torso): http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Box-WEIJIANG-Oversized-Throttlebot-Wideload-DEFORMATION-ERA-/262857232712?hash=item3d33831148:g:C3wAAOSwB-1YprZ6
combiner parts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-Ov...bYAAOSwhQhYw~qe
Goldbug(torso accessory jetpack thing): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-Oversized-Goldbug-ERA-7-Action-Figure-Toys-No-Box-/262890652379?hash=item3d358102db:g:CGcAAOSwOgdYw~Tr
Searchlight(leg): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-Oversized-Searchlight-ERA-7-Action-Figure-Toys-No-Box-/262890661042?hash=item3d358124b2:g:9tcAAOSwxEpYw~bt
Rollbar(leg): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-Oversized-Rollbar-ERA-7-Action-Figure-Toys-No-Box-/262890657333?hash=item3d35811635:g:NucAAOSwol5Yw~Xh
Red Chase(arm): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-Oversized-Red-Chase-ERA-7-Action-Figure-Toys-No-Box-/262890647896?hash=item3d3580f158:g:KbwAAOSw2gxYw~NP
Orange Chase(arm): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-Oversized-Orange-Chase-ERA-7-Action-Figure-Toys-No-Box-/262890644259?hash=item3d3580e323:g:v6cAAOSwol5Yw~HC

other WeiJiang items he has: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...ijiang&_sacat=0

I think due to recent actions our idiot president has taken with China, the free shipping he used to offer is no longer available on most of them, but it should still be possible to get all of it for about 130ish shipped I believe.
At first the ones available were Sideswipe and Tigertrack, so I grabbed those, then they put out Red Alert, and I like Red Alert, so I got that, and then there was G2 Sideswipe, who is ridiculous and absurd and literally has this face and weapons and SPIKED TIRE SHOULDER PADS from the original G2 comic so I had to get him:

and then there was only one left, an actual KO of no other character, just a red and gold Sideswipe, so I figured why not it was 20 bucks shipped. :v:

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. Time to stimulate the China's economy :tipshat:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Yooka-Laylee is very much a Banjo-Kazooie game with worlds that are like six times larger. Which is pretty much exactly what the kickstarter promised. And I only paid $15 for it. Everyone is getting butthurt over the fact that it has delivered exactly what was promised and nothing more, so it's essentially a N64 era platformer with smoother edges. Then they say, "just go play banjo-kazooie again" to which I respond, "No that game looks and plays like boiled rear end now and I don't want to dig out the cables again."

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yooka-laylee isn't, like, a bad game but banjo-kazooie honestly does feel like it has a lot more care and polish put into its design

even as someone who thinks yooka-laylee plays better than banjo-tooie, i still kind of agree with saying tooie nails atmosphere and presentation better

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Just replayed the Prologue mission in Bayonetta and got my rightfully earned PLATINUM trophy! God drat it feels SOO GOOD to play this game again!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SpazmasterX posted:

Yooka-Laylee is very much a Banjo-Kazooie game with worlds that are like six times larger. Which is pretty much exactly what the kickstarter promised. And I only paid $15 for it. Everyone is getting butthurt over the fact that it has delivered exactly what was promised and nothing more, so it's essentially a N64 era platformer with smoother edges. Then they say, "just go play banjo-kazooie again" to which I respond, "No that game looks and plays like boiled rear end now and I don't want to dig out the cables again."

the fart powerup. lol.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The thing is, Banjo and Kazooie are both named after musical instruments, while Yooka and Laylee are each named after half the name of a musical instrument.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Snak posted:

The thing is, Banjo and Kazooie are both named after musical instruments, while Yooka and Laylee are each named after half the name of a musical instrument.

smh if you've never played a Banjo-Kazoo.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

smh if you've never played a Banjo-Kazoo.

then what the hell is a Banjo-Too and how do you play it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

some good poo poo this summer. 8-way TGM race, superhot's gonna be there, neir automata by halfcoordinated so you know that will be good, MDK, marathon infinity, doom 2016, two different necrodancer runs, BLEED 2, gunvolt 2, assault android cactus, alwa's awakening

and of course there's an 8 hour FF7 run

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Junior Jr. posted:

then what the hell is a Banjo-Too and how do you play it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

some good poo poo this summer. 8-way TGM race, superhot's gonna be there, neir automata by halfcoordinated so you know that will be good, MDK, marathon infinity, doom 2016, two different necrodancer runs, BLEED 2, gunvolt 2, assault android cactus, alwa's awakening

and of course there's an 8 hour FF7 run

I'm excited to see what the speedrunning community has found for Doom 2016.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Hmmm, looks like it could do with some nuts and bolts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

I'm excited to see what the speedrunning community has found for Doom 2016.

Check the last agdq for a good run of it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
TIL the European release of Starfox 64 had a gibberish voice option to make up for their inability to localize the voice acting outside of English and Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nHR4RsMc0g

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What da heck.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak guganglagu is my favorite Lurdiak

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/PCGamesN/status/851907409341763585

:psyduck:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So they are basically arguing that they have a right to bearer bonds that they stole, because the bonds are valid... that's... not how crime works.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

From what I've heard, G2A doesn't share a cut of the profit to the developers whose games they're selling. Mainly because all the keys are provided by the community, and sometimes there's a deal with MSI and PayPal so they could be providing them too.

I don't fully trust G2A when it comes to buying game keys and not supporting developers...unless it's an EA game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
G2A literally fences stolen codes obtained by fraud. If they were dealing in anything other than video game digital codes, they would have been criminally prosecuted and shut down forever ago.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
But those codes were at sometime produced by the developer so it's ok. Laundered money ain't stolen folks, nothing to see here.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My thoughts on recent pages:

• This year has been the most I've played my PS4 in all the time I've owned it, with like 80% of my time in the past three months all PS4 stuff. I played Nier on the PC otherwise it would be 100%
  • I got totally burned with Battlefront 1 and don't expect anything from this second one. I might rent it to see what that campaign is like.
  • I wish Valve, Blizzard and Riot would ban teams sponsored by G2A from competitive events

Edit: Holy poo poo of course G2A is also scum on every other front, apparently they have been avoiding paying the teams they are sponsoring and are also using their network for gambling on the same esports they have sponsored teams

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 12, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Today I learned that G2A sponsors esport teams lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

the egg poop powerup. lol.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
God, I love internet in america. I am getting 6-10mbps down right now.

I pay for 150.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

In Training posted:

I love Bayonetta's big thick rear end.

Still the winner.

Pm me your steamid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011