Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

While i was in a game of BoI a notification popped up stating that BotW finished downloading something. Anyone know if a patch was just pushed out?

Seems like it, looks like its 1.1.2 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

While i was in a game of BoI a notification popped up stating that BotW finished downloading something. Anyone know if a patch was just pushed out?

Yeah game just updated for me.

EDIT: Still can't throw the Lord of the Mountain in a stable. I want my unlimited sprint glowing horse forever, Nintendo :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 12, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinitum posted:

No, but it's at Nintendo's discretion how much they offer per vulnerability.

I don't think many people will jump at the chance at revealing potentially homebrew enabling exploits for a paltry $100 reward.
If they upped the bounty it might be more appealing to cash in.

Yes I'm sure Nintendo offers the bare minimum reward for major exploits.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I want a Korok amiibo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

chaleski posted:

I want a Korok amiibo

I might buy this. Every time you use it, it lights up a korok on your map.

Edit: DLC new map feature? Scanning for koroks I betcha

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
But it makes you smell weird and everyone comments on it. Note: This is different from your real life smell, that's on you.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Bloop posted:

I might buy this. Every time you use it, it lights up a korok on your map.

I just wanted a cute Korok figurine but that's a neat idea

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

But it makes you smell weird and everyone comments on it. Note: This is different from your real life smell, that's on you.

Yahaha

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Bloop posted:

Every time you use it, it drops a rock on Link's head.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I drop rocks on all the koroks I find under rocks and it makes me laugh every time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just got a patch download notification (2 of them). One was for Zelda... because it asked to install because I had the game running. Is there a way or place to see what the other one was?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Peeps in the Zelda thread think it's for removing the ability to farm infinite arrows from mounted archers.

I also got an update for Turf Masters.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

Peeps in the Zelda thread think it's for removing the ability to farm infinite arrows from mounted archers.

I have Turf Masters. That may be it!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm avoiding the Zelda thread, but does the soundtrack remind anyone else of Chrono Trigger? Specifically some music in shrines.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Beastie posted:

Isn't this only for plain arrows? Granted I always run out of arrows and it's annoying as hell, but collecting arrows from mounted archers by dodging their shots sounds tedious as hell.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zelah posted:

I'm avoiding the Zelda thread, but does the soundtrack remind anyone else of Chrono Trigger? Specifically some music in shrines.

Kinda. The shrine music also reminds me of some of the dungeon music from LTTP and LA.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 12, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Isn't this only for plain arrows? Granted I always run out of arrows and it's annoying as hell, but collecting arrows from mounted archers by dodging their shots sounds tedious as hell.

When you're early on getting them to take a few pot shots to grab some extras helps but yeah doing it for more than a minute vs buying out beddles stock is nuts

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I finally downloaded Snake Pass, and I really love it.
It's very unique to play what would otherwise be a collectathon 3D platformer as a slithering snake that can't jump.
My only gripe is that the camera is pretty bad, you move it very slowly and sometimes you'll be fighting against the way it's automatically moving, especially under water

It didn't take long for me to click with the controls and now I find it immensely satisfying to wrap around bamboo poles grabbing hard to reach orbs and coins

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I'd buy this in a loving minute if they made Bomberman 64 3

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Why can't my switch find my wifi

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

man nurse posted:

Why can't my switch find my wifi

Sort of a known issue. Power off your Switch completely (not sleep) and turn it back on.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sort of a known issue. Power off your Switch completely (not sleep) and turn it back on.

Tried that multiple times. Even stood right next to the router with the switch in hand and it couldn't find the son of a bitch. Finally tried changing the security type on the wifi and now it seems to find it. Geez.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

man nurse posted:

Tried that multiple times. Even stood right next to the router with the switch in hand and it couldn't find the son of a bitch. Finally tried changing the security type on the wifi and now it seems to find it. Geez.

WiFi in general is... Touchy at times but Nintendo WiFi has always been a poo poo show from all the bitching everyone does.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

zelah posted:

It mostly feels Zelda-y to me, but some of the music from the January trailer is EXTREMELY Shadow of the Colossus.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So glad Yooka-Laylee got delayed on the Switch so I wouldn't had ended up buying it and finding out it's another Mighty No 9 trash heap.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Rirse posted:

So glad Yooka-Laylee got delayed on the Switch so I wouldn't had ended up buying it and finding out it's another Mighty No 9 trash heap.

Huh? That's not the impression i get from review footage

i mean, it could be due to me having never played BK as a kid (I had a playstation) and thus not having that nostalgia loving with me (It's not exactly Banjo Kazooie 4!!), but it seems like a fun, if frustrating at times throwback game

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 12, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It seems just okay. I'll pick it if the Switch version is decent but we all know Mario Odyssey will be the real good 3D collectathon.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah Yooka-Laylee isn't a *bad* game by any stretch of the imagination. It nails it's design goals on basically every level. The problem is those design goals are straight out of 1999, and your tolerance for that kind of gameplay style will determine how much you get out of it.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm at the part of Breath of the Wild where you have to follow the Korok without being noticed, which dipshit rear end in a top hat thought putting such a terrible trope into an otherwise great game would be a good idea?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

chaleski posted:

I'm at the part of Breath of the Wild where you have to follow the Korok without being noticed, which dipshit rear end in a top hat thought putting such a terrible trope into an otherwise great game would be a good idea?

I beat the game and don't remember doing this at all.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Rirse posted:

It's a shrine quest, so not mandatory, still, it's one of the easiest stealth missions I've ever played in a game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still haven't beaten Zelda (1 Beast and two regions I haven't explored) and it feels good. I'll do it before MK8 Deluxe drops though.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

caldrax posted:

It's a shrine quest, so not mandatory, still, it's one of the easiest stealth missions I've ever played in a game.

Replace "easiest" with "most tedious", because there's at least 5 minutes of crouched walking per attempt before one of those typical stealth mission "gotcha" events occurs and you instafail

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I only have 2 stamina rings so far and that is not even close to enough stamina to glide the max distance off of a lot of towers and mountains in BotW. If you had the stamina (via elixir chugging) I wonder how many KM you can cover by gliding off of Death Mountain's peak.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bobvonunheil posted:

Replace "easiest" with "most tedious", because there's at least 5 minutes of crouched walking per attempt before one of those typical stealth mission "gotcha" events occurs and you instafail

You can save in the middle of it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Did no one else get the stealth armor? It was OP as hell at times like that.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

bobvonunheil posted:

I somehow tripped over a tree root like an rear end in a top hat, which makes you stop crouching apparently.

I was hoping the game would put a twist on it and subvert my expectations for the 1000th time but it was straight-forward and tedious

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rirse posted:

You should go back and do it! Sounds like you may have missed one of the cooler parts of the game -- did you discover all of the map, particularly the area due east of Hyrule Castle?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My big prediction for later today: Nintendo unveils a plan to do the same rolling launch with Arms that they did with Splatoon. Constant content updates for the first few months, new stages, new characters, new fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Would the united guy have gotten off the plane voluntarily if he had a switch/ could easily buy the switch with the 800 bucks?

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 12, 2017

• Locked thread