Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

It's almost as if both parties are bad!

You're right, one is bad at winning and one is bad a losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Prorat posted:

So the first federal election since THE election happened tonight. A republican won, sure it was a republican in KS replacing another but still... maybe instead of focusing on parroting the media's talking points maybe you libs should try and flip a seat. I mean it can't be that hard, BIG DUMB republicans have been flipping them for the last 6 years and TOTALLY STUPID Trump flipped a bunch of states. It can't be that hard with the democrat party is the enlightened intellectual superior party right?
You realize Republicans lost 6 seats in the House in 2016, right? Who do you think they went to?

Edit - 2 seats in the Senate, as well.

Knight fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 12, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prorat posted:

So the first federal election since THE election happened tonight. A republican won, sure it was a republican in KS replacing another but still... maybe instead of focusing on parroting the media's talking points maybe you libs should try and flip a seat. I mean it can't be that hard, BIG DUMB republicans have been flipping them for the last 6 years and TOTALLY STUPID Trump flipped a bunch of states. It can't be that hard with the democrat party is the enlightened intellectual superior party right?

I love when it's obvious as gently caress a poster is drunk and trying to make a point

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

I love when it's obvious as gently caress a poster is drunk and trying to make a point

Whose drunk? Or maybe you meant dunked? Because THAT is what it feels like to get dunked on. Majorian take notes.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Knight posted:

You realize Republicans lost 6 seats in the House in 2016, right? Who do you think they went to?

Oh nice! Now the dems need about 496 more over the next 6 years to tie up!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Prorat posted:

Oh nice! Now the dems need about 496 more over the next 6 years to tie up!
Oh don't worry, we all remember how 2010 went for the party in control. :)

Edit -
:smug: "Why don't Dems try to flip a seat?"
:confused: "They've flipped 6 in the House and 2 in the Senate in 2016"
:smug: "They've gotta flip 496 more to tie"
:confused: "A change of just 24 seats would give them the majority in the House, and 5 seats for the Senate. There's only 435 seats in the House, total."
:smug: <awaiting next horribly wrong comment>

Knight fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 12, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prorat posted:

Whose drunk? Or maybe you meant dunked? Because THAT is what it feels like to get dunked on. Majorian take notes.

isn't your dumbass banned from posting in the actual political forums and thats why GBS gets to enjoy you

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

isn't your dumbass banned from posting in the actual political forums and thats why GBS gets to enjoy you

Pointing out censorship based on differences in political opinion isn't a good GOTCHA.

Try something less fascist.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prorat posted:

Pointing out censorship based on differences in political opinion isn't a good GOTCHA.

Try something less fascist.

ok. eat my rear end in a top hat

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine losing to Trump then getting dunked on by a guy with a fascist piss drinker avatar on a dead gay comedy forum. That's some suicide hotline poo poo right there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

yes but then you're presented a viable third party and you still vote for one of the lizard people

which was the viable third party? The Utah one or the Libertarian one?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

Imagine losing to Trump then getting dunked on by a guy with a fascist piss drinker avatar on a dead gay comedy forum. That's some suicide hotline poo poo right there.

I'm gonna have to imagine because I ain't seen it happen.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prorat posted:

Come on my dude you can't suck this much at posting. Spunky is capable of being funny. Oxballs is cabable of being funny. Why are you totally incapable of it

The elements are there but your slow roomba brain is just bumping back and forth running into concepts and getting stuck inside the coffee table

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

Come on my dude you can't suck this much at posting. Spunky is capable of being funny. Oxballs is cabable of being funny. Why are you totally incapable of it

The elements are there but your slow roomba brain is just bumping back and forth bumping into concepts and getting stuck inside the coffee table

lol obviously you're not as good as a Trump can do a good. HEYO!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

The elements are there but your slow roomba brain is just bumping back and forth bumping into concepts and getting stuck inside the coffee table

There is nothing funny about suicide.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

Much like your posts. HEYO!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

which was the viable third party? The Utah one or the Libertarian one?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Oh the Anti Vax one

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Oh the Anti Vax one

that was a smear campaign by the MSM and dems

http://www.snopes.com/is-green-party-candidate-jill-stein-anti-vaccine/

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Much like your posts. HEYO!

Nice!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prorat posted:

yeah not if you succeed but that'd be the first time you actually managed to do so

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

that was a smear campaign by the MSM and dems

So was she not Anti Vax?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OMG lol at how disingenuous this Huffpo article is http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jill-stein-may-not-be-anti-vax-but-shes-pushing-a-dangerous-anti-vax-theory_us_579f885ce4b0693164c1fab4

"Yeah, she says this, but did you know some other people said this?"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

So was she not Anti Vax?

no she is not anti-vax and she has specifically stated that several times because of this smear campaign

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

no she is not anti-vax and she has specifically stated that several times because of this smear campaign

Yeah I believe you. I should have voted Stein.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Trump is definitely not any other Republican. I mean he doesn't know how to govern so he's being pushed in that direction but we've been over his lack of conviction or interest on any topic that isn't his prestige or money

Even George W had like, at least religious convictions and never seemed like an entirely vacant body of greed and pleasure seeking. I dunno. Whoever said Trump is a blank slate anyone even moderately dumb can project theirselves or their beliefs onto was right and it really wasn't that hard to see as his campaigns evolved

Judge him by his policy proposals, though: getting the government out of health care, massive tax cuts for the rich, an end to environmental and worker safety regulations, putting socially conservative justices on the Supreme Court, etc, etc. Say what you will about whether or not he's driven by different motivations than Dubya; in terms of the policies they're trying to enact, they're the same. And their outputs will certainly be the same for the working class.

The Greens aren't going to be a viable alternative anytime soon, I'm afraid. They've done very, very little in terms of building their party from the ground up - only a very few cities and towns across the U.S. have Green candidates running seriously for positions of consequence. Stein hasn't really helped her case, either; her platform is incredibly limited, and while I don't think she's personally an anti-vaxxer, she certainly courts anti-vaxxers' votes, by not definitively calling them the loons they are. Plus she does seem to believe that cell phones cause cancer, and that just makes it hard to take her seriously.

Plus her stunts at the Dakota Access Pipeline were decidedly unhelpful. She's a lousy candidate to lead a left-wing third party; the Greens need a better one.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 12, 2017

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Jill Stein thinks vaccines are good, but did you know some people who think vaccines are bad might vote for her?? [inverts colors on photo of Jill Stein]

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh come on i owned prorat pretty good with that joke that was decent improv

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
wakka wakka

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

“I think there’s no question that vaccines have transformed public health and have been absolutely critical in ridding us of the scourge of many diseases: small pox, polio, etc. So vaccines are an invaluable medication,” Stein said. “Like any medication, they also should be — what shall we say? — approved by a regulatory board that people can trust.”

So not only does she believe that vaccines work but she thinks they are good things to the point that she wants even better/more regulations for them so that people keep getting them.

=

Anti-vax

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

oh come on i owned prorat pretty good with that joke that was decent improv

Applewhite's was way better.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Draws devil horns on a picture of Jill Stein*

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prorat posted:

Applewhite's was way better.

no way mine was more original and funnier if less natural

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Prorat posted:

Oh, I am, believe me.:laugh:

(p.s.: a Trump supporter who can't hold his booze. What a shocker)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Plus her stunts at the Dakota Access Pipeline were decidedly unhelpful. She's a lousy candidate to lead a left-wing third party; the Greens need a better one.

this is so ridiculous, she's a true progressive who not only attended the dakota pipeline protests but hosed with the fascist military-police presence, something you would never see from a democratic or republican congressperson. Barely anyone talked about the pipeline, including "progressive" idol Elizabeth Warren who flaunts a made-up native american background when she wants but won't stand with them when they need help.

She was a strong candidate and an obvious choice for anyone who claims to be anti-war and pro-environment

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

this is so ridiculous, she's a true progressive who not only attended the dakota pipeline protests but hosed with the fascist military-police presence, something you would never see from a democratic or republican congressperson. Barely anyone talked about the pipeline, including "progressive" idol Elizabeth Warren who flaunts a made-up native american background when she wants but won't stand with them when they need help.

She was a strong candidate and an obvious choice for anyone who claims to be anti-war and pro-environment

What if you're pro war and pro environment?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Then your name is Hillary Clinton

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

is this the new anti abortion but pro killing babies?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

is this the new anti abortion but pro killing babies?

I was just being facetious but I don't see why if you're one you have to be the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

Then your name is Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton was not pro environment lol

• Locked thread