Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Whoa... framework Fitz knows about "the other side"

It seems like Madame Hydra is framing it like it is an alternate universe, not the "real" world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Shiiiiiiit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh gently caress

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Shiiiiit

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

kayakyakr posted:

Whoa... framework Fitz knows about "the other side"
Its kind of funny how similar it is to what the Secret Empire Event is going to be later this year with Marvel

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Good job Daisy.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
FUUUUCK

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
waaaaat. I mean, how'd May know Daisy's real name. If she got that info from Aida, why was her incriminating herself necessary at all? Is powerless Daisy badass enough to beat real May? (no)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Make Our Society Great Again lmaoooooooo

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Maybe May knows she's in the fake world and was testing Daisy? May could have tracked Mack down to use him to test Daisy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Radcliffe freaking out over thinking Ward is Hive was great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahah Ward is so lost

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aida is really rocking the Madam Hydra aesthetic.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddamn I missed Brett Dalton :allears:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Aida going full Star Wars Empire with her look.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Not cool, Bro!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
drat, Daisy, you were almost badass.

I still have so many questions.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

howe_sam posted:

Aida is really rocking the Madam Hydra aesthetic.

They really nailed it with casting. Perfect as the uncanny valley incarnate and stepping right into fascist dictator like it's no big deal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aida is ~*piiiiiiiiiiiiised*~

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

welp

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Fitz no!

EDIT: Mac, yes!

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 12, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn this show

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
:stare:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Goddamn Fitz.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man, Aida is really evil

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahah Ward is so lost

The real dumb part here is that he would prioritize shooting Mengele Fitz instead of Hitler Madame Hydra.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This season better goddamn end in ripping Aida's loving head off and keeping it around as a paperweight Reanimator style because I don't think I've ever been this invested in seeing a villain get completely and thoroughly wrecked.

They're doing a fantastic job of selling the framework as Literally Hell and there better be good comeuppance. Hive-style irony isn't gonna do it. Give me robot blood :unsmigghh:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Not sure I'm going to buy a handwaved "they were brainwashed" excuse for Fitz's willfully evil actions at the end of this arc. Either he's coming out a broken man that's written out of the show or.... That "Fitz" is actually Aida's own AI creation inside the framework. I mean, she can leave at any time, why would she have him working on "Crossing Over" to the other world unless HE was the one stuck there?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Nill posted:

Not sure I'm going to buy a handwaved "they were brainwashed" excuse for Fitz's willfully evil actions at the end of this arc. Either he's coming out a broken man that's written out of the show or.... That "Fitz" is actually Aida's own AI creation inside the framework. I mean, she can leave at any time, why would she have him working on "Crossing Over" to the other world unless HE was the one stuck there?

Because in the real world she can't feel love (yet) and I assume in the framework she can. So she wants Fitz to make her a real girl.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

:lol: Make Our Society Great Again :lol:

Also god drat, Fitz is a loving terrifying villain. This *REMEMBER WHO U R* stuff won't be working on him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't worry.

The Son of Coul makes his own soap now.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So, it's about fixing regrets, right? Fitz's big regret was his relationship with his father which is what drives him to be a better man. I'm assuming that Fitz's father was not such a great guy overall so, with a repaired relationship with his father not pushing him toward good and a hot as hell android telling him that being an rear end in a top hat is right, he's really tapped into the his dark side.

Also, how did May know Daisy's real name and why was it necessary for her to incriminate herself if it came from Aidra? They're in an autocratic state. If they already know the answer, why even ask?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

God drat this show keeps getting better and better. Evil Fitz is killing it!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
drat, poor Agnes. I mean technically she was already dead, since she died in the physical world, but... was she? In the framework she seemed not to know what really happened to her (I think we already knew that she would forget some stuff to make the framework world believable to her). However, it was still a continuation of herself and a way for her to continue living (by her choice more or less).

It would be similar with Radcliffe, although Radcliffe's situation is somewhat different (he was killed in the real world and forced into a full-conscious "life" in the framework.

Maybe Fitz killing Agnes resonates with Gemma more because of this though. It counts more as a real murder of an innocent, even if Fitz is not his real self.

I do wonder if they'll eventually go for destroying the framework, if there's going to be any similar guilt and regrets.

Although, as it is now, the person that stands to lose more from destroying the fake world is probably Mac.

kayakyakr posted:

Also, how did May know Daisy's real name and why was it necessary for her to incriminate herself if it came from Aidra? They're in an autocratic state. If they already know the answer, why even ask?

I think what they are going for here, is that Aida won't take "shortcuts" that her "admin" (or at least poweruser) status would allow her in the framework. Not obvious ones that would probably break the reality of the framework world.

I am interested to see how or if the framework actually supports inhuman powers though -- or the "inhuman" tag is just actually an excuse to contain rogue people. We know about the massacre that happened in the past, but that could be a pre-scripted event. Inhuman powers seem the kind of thing that Aida would not actually allow. Uncontrolled / unexpected/ randomized factors and parameters could potentially break the reality.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 12, 2017

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
1. Evil Fitz is breaking my heart.

2. Get Daisy some virtual terrigen now.

3. Ward, shoot the robot.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This show is loving amazing.

edit for next week's promo being watched: Can't wait for more! May with RealWorldMace's serum in her? Holy poo poo. I bet FrameworkMace's regret was not actually being Inhuman. He wanted to save lives, after all.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 12, 2017

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

AbstractNapper posted:

I think what they are going for here, is that Aida won't take "shortcuts" that her "admin" (or at least poweruser) status would allow her in the framework. Not obvious ones that would probably break the reality of the framework world.

I am interested to see how or if the framework actually supports inhuman powers though -- or the "inhuman" tag is just actually an excuse to contain rogue people. We know about the massacre that happened in the past, but that could be a pre-scripted event. Inhuman powers seem the kind of thing that Aida would not actually allow. Uncontrolled / unexpected/ randomized factors and parameters could potentially break the reality.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Inhumans actually had their powers in the framework. It was created with help from the Darkhold after all. That's one hell of a variable.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Double Agent posted:

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Inhumans actually had their powers in the framework. It was created with help from the Darkhold after all. That's one hell of a variable.

It would make sense, though, for Inhuman powers to be within the Framework, given the amount of effort Madame Hydra/AIDA goes to to keep them under wraps. Like with Neo! They could threaten her hold over the virtual society.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I really want to binge the rest of this season, watching this all play out week after week is just :smith: as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I love this show so loving much. Jemma owns. Nazi Fits owns. Madam Hydra owns. Face Ward owns. Totally Not Captain America Mace owns. Blatant real-world thumb-biting owns.

God, has any show climbed in quality as consistently as this one?

• Locked thread