Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Archaic posted:

So far I think John Redcorn is the only character Hank hesitated at kicking someone's rear end: "I mean it, I will" *John Redcorn's hair blows in the wind, smiling smugly*

Hank could kick John Redcorn's rear end if he was really pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOdkMRniig

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Hank could kick John Redcorn's rear end if he was really pissed

I stand corrected.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ilmucche posted:

My American roommate asked me to turn off an episode of king of the hill after trump won. Said it reminded him too much of actual suburban Texans.

I just watched the softball episode with the ace of diamonds. Hank is such a jackass in that episode. He should've kicked his own rear end.

What does Trump have to do with suburban Texans? The guy's from New York City, like Hank.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

super sweet best pal posted:

What does Trump have to do with suburban Texans? The guy's from New York City, like Hank.

Its vaguely republican and that scares his liberal sensibilities.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The best part about this show is how they always call him "JohnRedcorn" as one word.

Nancy's is the best.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
La Grunta

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm giggling at the memory of Peggy's Sugarfoot's.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm giggling at the memory of Peggy's Sugarfoot's.

That second possesive apostrophe is such perfect ego. Even better than Spa-Peggy and Meatballs.

When Peggy sees herself in the domed alleyway mirror with the old wooden paddle, and she's this towering witch about to flog a pitiful Joseph, her gasp at it is enough to invest me in her character for the rest of the show. Peggy is insufferable, but when she does see through her own bullshit she does have a real heart.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Hank focuses on neatness and tidyness in his personal and professional life and in the spaces around him because his childhood was full of destructive Cotton insanity. Compare and contrast his mother polishing her miniatures collection while Cotton smashed things with Hank polishing his truck out in the garage while Peggy does some crazy poo poo or Bobby does whatever.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I've legit only met one person irl who doesn't hate king of the hill. I was at a fighting game tournament and my marvel vs capcom 3 opponent was a guy playing under the name Rusty Shackleford.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Maybe you should consider hanging out with a better class of people.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Blaise330 posted:

I've legit only met one person irl who doesn't hate king of the hill. I was at a fighting game tournament and my marvel vs capcom 3 opponent was a guy playing under the name Rusty Shackleford.

Sounds like you know a lot of chucklefucks, friendo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blaise330 posted:

i've legit only met one person irl who does hate king of the hill. but it's my grandpa and he joined the army to run away from middle america so he could get away from precisely the kind of people it depicts so he has an excuse

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The White Dragon posted:

i've legit only met one person irl who does hate king of the hill. but it's my grandpa and he joined the army to run away from middle america so he could get away from precisely the kind of people it depicts so he has an excuse

What a baby his neighbours were cool.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
whoever doesn't like KOTH should check out season 5 at the very least. Anyhow I have something to say

edit jesus christ i just wanted to finish it with a shot of boomhauer in his underwear

never put in google search "boomhauer nude". ever.

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 12, 2017

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
You don't know me, but my name is...Mr. Big.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Achtane posted:

You don't know me, but my name is...Mr. Big.

You don't know who I am but I know where you live

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Not a Children posted:

You don't know who I am but I know where you live

Achtane! Not a Children is on the phone!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Harveygod posted:

Achtane! Not a Children is on the phone!

Achtane: Hi, Not a Children.
Not a Children: You don't know who this is...

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Barkingham Palace"

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

King Possum III posted:

"Barkingham Palace"

"I made the architect's first mistake, I designed it for me instead of the client!"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

True story, while in the Coast Guard stationed in Maine we set up security for Bush when he went to visit his family home. A few people from the base got to do a meet and greet. My friend went and when he came back I asked him how it went?

"He had a really limp handshake....and really soft hands" was all he said. He wasn't a Hank Hill type at all and it would never have crossed our minds to critique the handshake of anybody. IT WAS THAT SIGNIFICANT. So I don't know if this was a known thing in the media, a criticism of Bush for having a weak shake or just something they made up for King of the Hill. But I got flashbacks watching that episode recently and it kind of blew my mind.

Was that a 'known' thing about Bush or did they totally Dale :tinfoil: onto the truth?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Every word Dale speaks is the truth.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

True story, while in the Coast Guard stationed in Maine we set up security for Bush when he went to visit his family home. A few people from the base got to do a meet and greet. My friend went and when he came back I asked him how it went?

"He had a really limp handshake....and really soft hands" was all he said. He wasn't a Hank Hill type at all and it would never have crossed our minds to critique the handshake of anybody. IT WAS THAT SIGNIFICANT. So I don't know if this was a known thing in the media, a criticism of Bush for having a weak shake or just something they made up for King of the Hill. But I got flashbacks watching that episode recently and it kind of blew my mind.

Was that a 'known' thing about Bush or did they totally Dale :tinfoil: onto the truth?

A buddy of mine was stationed at Camp David while in the Navy, and he said the same thing about his handshake. He absolutely worships Dubya, so I don't think he was making the story up.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How are his hands soft if he owns a ranch?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Owns=/=works

Ranch=Texan mansion (but you wouldn't call it that because it sounds to upstate New York)

empty baggie posted:

A buddy of mine was stationed at Camp David while in the Navy, and he said the same thing about his handshake. He absolutely worships Dubya, so I don't think he was making the story up.

I have no doubt its true, I just wonder if its a cultural joke pre King of the Hill or did they just nail it?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 14, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Gaunab posted:

He wore gloves while he cleared all of that brush.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

empty baggie posted:

He wore gloves while he cleared all of that brush.

Ah, remember when Americas problems were the President doing silly photo ops to make the literal Hank Hills of the world say "Now that's a real man, Bobby"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hank, it sounds like you did everything right except giving away my kidney and since I gave it away for a bunch of kiddie toys, I guess we both let me down.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Gaunab posted:

His staff would hire illegal Mexicans to do the landscaping and take care of the horses.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Peggy's Mom is worse then Cotton.

Also Cotton rules, but is terrible. But she is objectively bad.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Bombadilillo posted:

Peggy's Mom is worse then Cotton.

Also Cotton rules, but is terrible. But she is objectively bad.

Peggy's mother didn't seem too terrible the first time she was depicted. She was shown briefly while on the telephone, wearing glasses and stirring something in a mixing bowl. She looked like an ordinary 1960's housewife.

"We use butter in this house!"

But when she appeared in the episode where the Hills go to Montana, she was very harsh towards Peggy.

"Sven Grammersdorf?"

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I'm at season 9 now and the cracks are starting to show. Hank is turning mean, easily flappable and unsteady. The episodes have dumb subjects, like what if the Hills had a cat, wow isn't that wacky, cats vomit all the time lollololol

I used to viscerally hate Peggy but on a rewatch it's made me realize just how good her voice actress is. She's got a great range for a crappy little suburban mom. I think she starts becoming more annoying from this point on. Almost every character is starting to become a caricature of themselves. Except Boomhauer. yep.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Happiness

Hap piness.

Hap. Penis.

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."

tripwood posted:

I'm at season 9 now and the cracks are starting to show. Hank is turning mean, easily flappable and unsteady. The episodes have dumb subjects, like what if the Hills had a cat, wow isn't that wacky, cats vomit all the time lollololol

I used to viscerally hate Peggy but on a rewatch it's made me realize just how good her voice actress is. She's got a great range for a crappy little suburban mom. I think she starts becoming more annoying from this point on. Almost every character is starting to become a caricature of themselves. Except Boomhauer. yep.
I'm also currently watching through the show again. I'm going to be really disappointed when the episodes get to the point where a lot of them suck, because everything up through season 3 (where I am currently) has been so brilliant.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I got to the Hills get a cat episode. Oh boy. Cant just be "I don't like cats" It has to be the liberal strawman twigboy of a cat.

BUT

Bill was happy. :unsmith: So I'll keep watching

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The cat can't be a liberal strawman. The cat kicked Hank's rear end.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Everyone needs to stop hating on the cat episode. Any episode where Hank gets screwed over by the government he loves is top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wandle Shaytham posted:

I'm also currently watching through the show again. I'm going to be really disappointed when the episodes get to the point where a lot of them suck, because everything up through season 3 (where I am currently) has been so brilliant.

I don't think they ever start sucking. Just one opinion.