Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Should I stress about getting every s link maxed in one go through

There's no other ending for that right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

ZenVulgarity posted:

Do what S. Links you like, there's no special ending for doing all of them.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

ZenVulgarity posted:

No and no. Just do the links you feel like doing and leave the rest for NG+.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I looked up what happens if you have no date for Valentine's Day and it still happens that the Ryuji date is the best one.

"Why isn't Mishima here too!? Don't tell me... Did he betray us!?"

"That's it, from here on out, I'm done with girls. Friendship all the way."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ryuji is amazing

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TheFireMagi posted:

Do what S. Links you like, there's no special ending for doing all of them.

Thank heavens

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Baal posted:

Ryuji is amazing

He's my favorite First Bro by a long shot, Yosuke was such a goon

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What/where are the other minigames besides the batting cage? Everything is starting to max out in October with the 100% guide thanks to Chihaya

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

He's my favorite First Bro by a long shot, Yosuke was such a goon

I did not like Junpei, and Yosuke put me off with his creepiness one too many times. Ryuji is excellent, and he's easily the strongest character in the game too.

Serf
May 5, 2011

What's the best way to make money? I'm just about to start the 3rd Palace and I've cleared out all of Mementos that I can. I'd really like to grab an SP Adhesive for the MC. I think I can get Takemi to level 7 pretty soon and cut the price in half, just gotta find more ways to make some yen.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Using Confuse on Mementos minibosses apparently

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Serf posted:

What's the best way to make money? I'm just about to start the 3rd Palace and I've cleared out all of Mementos that I can. I'd really like to grab an SP Adhesive for the MC. I think I can get Takemi to level 7 pretty soon and cut the price in half, just gotta find more ways to make some yen.
find a midboss/mementos boss who you can land confuse on

confuse them

guard while they toss money at you (they get one move off when they get out of confuse)

confuse them again

repeat for half an hour to get 1 million yen

they seem to have about a 33% chance of tossing money, and they'll toss out 20k-30k at the point of the game you're at. each confuse lasts 3 turns.

midbosses in the palace toss out about 10-12k, which is still grindable.

you can also grab the free item dlc for a soma that you can sell for 50k yen.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

confuse them

guard while they toss money at you (they get one move off when they get out of confuse)

confuse them again

they seem to have about a 33% chance of tossing money, and they'll toss out 20k-30k at the point of the game you're at. each confuse lasts 3 turns.

Oh wow, I had no idea that was a thing! I think I have Confuse on one of my MC's Personas. I recently discovered how fantastic Fear is, so Confuse is gonna be my next goal.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I need to find a persona with Confuse! which enemies in the 3rd palace drop/negotiate lots of money? I just reached the treasure and now I'm ready to grind a bit for that sweet cash. I guess my sun link is too high so I can't ask them repeatedly for money like I was able to before, and most of them are tossing 3 digit amounts at me.

Third palace wasn't awful but felt really generic compared to the first two. I do like the idea of a bank heist but it just doesn't feel as slick as I'd like.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Worth mentioning that Ann gets Tentafaroo around 30ish, which will also serve for confusing bosses, if you don't have a Persona that can do it or don't feel like fusing one.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Endgame spoilers : There are many things I expected at the bottom of Mementos. The Holy Grail was not one of them. I don't have it in me to do the ending tonight so the actual fight will have to wait for tomorrow.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Yusukes mind slice proud confuse, as does the shiisa you probably fused for the requests headcracker

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Also what exactly does equipping Futaba with stuff do gameplay wise? I don't think I've seen anything that targets the navigator

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Now that I'm able to listen to the final boss theme without having to worry about getting killed by something horrible on every turn because my party's underleveled, it still isn't nearly as good as the final boss songs in P3 and P4. It just kinda sounds like a generic boss battle theme for the most part and doesn't give me that "gently caress yeah, poo poo is going down" vibe that I was hoping for. Rivers in the Desert does a much better job at that and, well, Rivers in the Desert owns in general.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lakbay posted:

Also what exactly does equipping Futaba with stuff do gameplay wise? I don't think I've seen anything that targets the navigator

Absolutely nothing.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Will I never need more than 700k yen? I already bought the SP adhesives 3 for 6 party members. I'm been dumping 10k a day on Fortune and Temperance abilities too.

I heard that max strength rank lets you use money to fuse personas higher leveled than you. Say I want that juicy Lucifer or Satan at a non insane level how much would I need?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Siegfried (69) at level 51 ran me 110k. I think the price might vary more on skills than levels though.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Absolutely nothing.

:psyduck: Why is it even an option then

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

I heard that max strength rank lets you use money to fuse personas higher leveled than you. Say I want that juicy Lucifer or Satan at a non insane level how much would I need?
I never got around to fusing either of those two, but the most expensive higher level fusions I saw were about 200k yen. Of course, for Lucifer/Satan/Metatron etc. you first need to fuse a bunch of other high-level stuff, which basically means ALL YO YENS

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Sojiro rank that requires Kindness 5 to initiate gives you Kindness at the end of the cutscene.

I'm beginning to wonder if they hosed up some of the stat requirements by accident or something.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Endorph posted:

confuse them

confuse them again

you can also grab the free item dlc for a soma that you can sell for 50k yen.

What's an early-ish Persona that can confuse? Because I'm not too proud to use weirdo exploits in JRPGs specifically for money. (The Big Pharma exploit in Bravely Default was nice)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Palace 6 theme is going to be stuck in my head for days.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Are the elemental break skills worth keeping? For example Fire Break(nullify innate resistance on enemy for 3 turns) on Ann. Do they lower the enemy resist below neutral or not?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 12, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Harrow posted:

What's an early-ish Persona that can confuse? Because I'm not too proud to use weirdo exploits in JRPGs specifically for money. (The Big Pharma exploit in Bravely Default was nice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDI26iyW_Vg

TL;DW even though it's only 3 minutes long: Get an Onmoraki (Onion thing) to level 15.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are the elemental break skills worth keeping? For example Fire Break(nullify innate resistance on enemy for 3 turns) on Ann. Do they lower the enemy resist below neutral or not?

Not really, no.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Whims of Fate is very good, and my personal favorite Palace song.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheFireMagi posted:

Whims of Fate is very good, and my personal favorite Palace song.

Unless the next couple palaces also have crazy good tracks then there's really no competition.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
The final confrontation was stupid/10.
I refuse to feel anything on the emotional outro because condensing the seven deadly sins into a bullet and blowing a god's head off with it is the dumbest poo poo ever and I won't get over it.

Is there a superboss that awaits you if you max all the confidants? Because I'm not too eager to read this 95 hour book from the start again.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

The Sojiro rank that requires Kindness 5 to initiate gives you Kindness at the end of the cutscene.

I'm beginning to wonder if they hosed up some of the stat requirements by accident or something.
My assumption is that they were messing around with the stat requirements and rewards right up until the end of development, and a few inconsistencies slipped through. Weird that they didn't patch it, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Unless the next couple palaces also have crazy good tracks then there's really no competition.

Price and 4th Palace themes are close contenders, but Whims of Fate is outright the best track of the Palace themes yes.

The Gorp posted:

The final confrontation was stupid/10.
I refuse to feel anything on the emotional outro because condensing the seven deadly sins into a bullet and blowing a god's head off with it is the dumbest poo poo ever and I won't get over it.

gently caress off, that poo poo was awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You always end up getting pointless stats and points in these games during events. Like when you get notes in a rank 10 S.Link scene.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Price and 4th Palace themes are close contenders, but Whims of Fate is outright the best track of the Palace themes yes.

gently caress off, that poo poo was awesome.

:yeah: to both of these.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDI26iyW_Vg

TL;DW even though it's only 3 minutes long: Get an Onmoraki (Onion thing) to level 15.

Hot drat.

Now to decide if I do this now or wait until later in the game to preserve at least some semblance of balance. I do like snatching up all the little treasures in a Palace and it'd probably throw off the difficulty curve a bit to already have my whole team outfitted with top-ranked SP Adhesives. Of course I could just turn it up to hard. Hmmm

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm a big fan of the two final dungeon themes. Whims of Fate is definitely one of the funkest things on the soundtrack though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yours too, huh? I eventually looked up the lyrics because I couldn't decipher any of them except "roll the dice" in the chorus and the word "sexy" in the first verse.

On a related note, I could've sworn that a brief snippet of that song played in the prologue (and that the owner of the Palace also made a quick appearance), but when I started my NG+ it turned out neither of those things are actually in the prologue. I don't know where the hell I got that idea in the first place. :psyduck: