Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Uhhhh...Manu Bennet is returning to Arrow as Deathstroke and I somehow called it way back in the Arrow thread:

Longbaugh01 posted:

All the Manu bitching was actually setup for his return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Longbaugh01 posted:

Uhhhh...Manu Bennet is returning to Arrow as Deathstroke and I somehow called it way back in the Arrow thread:

About time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Manu has denied it, but he's a weird crazy person so who knows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or maybe it's just Amell being a goof since Manu's been an rear end a lot this year?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The internet ran with it, so it'd be lol if it's not true.

I think Amell is savvy enough to know what repercussions there'd be if he was joking. He genuinely seems to respect the fans and I don't think that'd be his style to jerk them around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bennett's saying it's bullshit so I dunno.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Bennett's saying it's bullshit so I dunno.

Marc Guggenheim confirmed it and tweeted a pic of the cover page of the finale script and the title is Lian Yu.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Punisher has wrapped filming, in case you forgot that was also coming out this year.

Is Defenders supposed to release this year too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Punisher has wrapped filming, in case you forgot that was also coming out this year.

Is Defenders supposed to release this year too?

Defenders has a date. August 18th.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Defenders has a date. August 18th.

Oh that's right, I even posted about that too....:sweatdrop:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

zoux posted:

Oh that's right, I even posted about that too....:sweatdrop:

Owned by yourself.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

pubic works project posted:

Owned by yourself.

He is used to it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Longbaugh01 posted:

Marc Guggenheim confirmed it and tweeted a pic of the cover page of the finale script and the title is Lian Yu.

It looks like they're just gonna stick someone else in the Deathstroke suit

Or Bennett is really devoted to this "I'm not coming back" act.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Aphrodite posted:

Manu has denied it, but he's a weird crazy person so who knows.

Wasn't he supposed to be in some new space marines show? Incursion or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Bennet continues to say it's BS on Twitter, claiming to be in Auckland.

https://twitter.com/manubennett/status/851921911189618688

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 12, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
the CW will put Manu Bennet in Arrow using the technology behind CGI-Peter-Cushing from Rogue One. Of course this will blow the entire budget for the Arrowverse, meaning that the next season of Legends of Tomorrow will just be on the Waverider and every episode the cast will wear different historical outfits to show that they've just gotten back from an adventure.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I stopped watching LoT sometime around the episode one of them got caught by Russians or something stupid. Are there any episodes I REALLY should see before I start season 2?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the recap at the start of the first episode probably gives you all the info you'd need.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
So, Agents of Shield continues to be not only the best "big two" comic book show on television, but one of the best shows on television overall, and everyone here realizes that, right?

Ok good, glad we cleared that up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHIELD still sucks.

It's not hard to see why it's (somewhat) popular though. People seem to love when TV shows connect things, even if the reveal is delivered in lovely monologues in a closet.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 12, 2017

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

wyntyr posted:

So, Agents of Shield continues to be not only the best "big two" comic book show on television, but one of the best shows on television overall, and everyone here realizes that, right?

Sorry, only shows starting with 'Leg' were good this year.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Aphrodite posted:

SHIELD still sucks.

It's not hard to see why it's (somewhat) popular though. People seem to love when TV shows connect things, even if the reveal is delivered in lovely monologues in a closet.

The mid-season closer and opener (the last two before the most recent episode) were insanely good. Like, legitimately really excellent TV.

The one from last night was good, but not amazing.

The LMD arc has been really good and for the first time in SHIELD history, the main cast are as interesting as the guest stars. It's also not connected to the MCU in really anyway this season.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Naw, SHIELD is legitimately better than any DCTV show right now. It's not "ironically" good, it's not "guilty pleasure," it's just flat-out good.

I definitely plan on getting into Legion when I get a chance, though. The praise seems unanimous.

Aphrodite posted:

SHIELD still sucks.

Case in point, there's no higher rec for a show than a shitpost from this guy!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean​, even I'm drinking​ the AoS Kool aid this season!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This was foretold in Revelations...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The one black mark on AoS this season is that it is continuing the extremely harmful stereotype in American media that all Scottish doctors/scientists are jerks or evil.

The even took the one good Scottish scientist and made him a nazi.

It's 2017, we have a Scotch-German President now.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 12, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I still haven't caught up on AoS. I lost interest halfway through the first season because it was really boring and just haven't got around to going back to it since despite meaning to.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wheat Loaf posted:

I still haven't caught up on AoS. I lost interest halfway through the first season because it was really boring and just haven't got around to going back to it since despite meaning to.

I dropped out after I thought the second season was merely okay while everyone else was raving about it. It didn't help that they seemed to be moving towards a Fitz / Simmons thing, and that Ghost Rider was going to be on the show.

Plus I'm not even sure it's on streaming here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Better than any DC show just means like the 20th worst show on TV. Not very high praise.

Brett Dalton suuuuuucks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aphrodite posted:

Brett Dalton suuuuuucks.

Look at this wrong opinion

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Aphrodite posted:

Brett Dalton suuuuuucks.

My dude, I appreciate some of your wrong opinions that give the thread a starting point for discussions... but this is too far.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Brett Dalton suuuuuucks.

I once thought that, too.

He, in fact, does not! :monocle:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't care what contrived-rear end convoluted consciousness-uploading plot machination that somehow brings Ward back to life because it'll bring back Dalton and the ends justify the means in this case.

Oh, just saw that LoT hits Netflix tomorrow (part of the deal that took CW shows off of Hulu week-to-week but Netflix puts them up a week after the season ends) so looking forward to that. I heard it was a blast this season.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 12, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wyntyr posted:

I'll buy that AoS is a good show this season, but if you say it's one of the best shows on TV overall, I'd suggest you watch some more TV.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

BrianWilly posted:

Naw, SHIELD is legitimately better than any DCTV show right now. It's not "ironically" good, it's not "guilty pleasure," it's just flat-out good.

I definitely plan on getting into Legion when I get a chance, though. The praise seems unanimous.
Case in point, there's no higher rec for a show than a shitpost from this guy!

First half of season 1 was a piece of poo poo. I really enjoyed the second half and season 2. I need to get caught up on 3 & 4 though. I still love me some Flash, but that's because he's my favorite.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Tried to get on a few eps back, just didn't grab me. Might want to try later, but there's enough good TVs as there is.

Edit: I always find it a little bit funny there's some people in this thread that constantly rave about it and recommend it whole-heartedly, when at best its an incredibly divisive show. Like, if you're recommending stuff you'd want to do it with stuff with a less narrow appeal. iZombie is a better recommendation.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 12, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of there is a criminal lack of discussion of Legion in this here thread.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux posted:

Speaking of there is a criminal lack of discussion of Legion in this here thread.

I think that since Legion is pretty universally very good, AoS has been on break and very good, and Iron Fist was very okay that there isn't really a ton to dissect from recent shows.

Defenders still looks really interesting, but they have the plot details under lock and aren't releasing much promotional stuff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shageletic posted:

Tried to get on a few eps back, just didn't grab me. Might want to try later, but there's enough good TVs as there is.

Edit: I always find it a little bit funny there's some people in this thread that constantly rave about it and recommend it whole-heartedly, when at best its an incredibly divisive show. Like, if you're recommending stuff you'd want to do it with stuff with a less narrow appeal. iZombie is a better recommendation.

Turns out people recommend stuff they like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

zoux posted:

I still need to sit down and watch it! But it probably won't happen until after our vacation. I've got so much crap to watch: 2nd half of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Legion, this season of Flash, Arrow, and LoT, 2 seasons of AoS, and that's just the comic book shows! Still need to watch last season of the Strain and the last three episodes of Walking Dead.