Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

All I want out of this direct is a Splatoon 2 release date.

And it better be "NOW!"

:yeah:!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think there will be anything of the sort. Probably just updates on already announced 3ds games, details and rehear dates for Arms and Splatoon 2, and updated release dates for some Indie games.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Real hurthling! posted:

Why would they have a vc when they could just put the games in the regular store now

What

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What if they never release the switch virtual console

What then

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I get more interested in ARMS every time I see it. I was originally cautiously optimistic after how splatoon turned out, but now I am p hype. Gimme dem punchmans

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

anytime people complain about that "stealth" mission I just lmao, I beat it in like 3 minutes the first time it happened. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because apparently this MGS For Toddlers mission was "bad" enough to warrant an entire Kotaku article on it. I think one of the editors even said it was longer and worse than Chapter 13 in FF15 so that's when I assumed everyone was on bath salts

also shut the gently caress up, Methodis

Echoing the "feel like I'm taking crazy pills" sentiment, I was skimming this because I thought people were talking about some part I hadn't gotten to yet, then I got fed up and clicked a spoiler and realized what part people were talking about and holy crap what is wrong with you guys?! I'm not even good at games it's just not difficult, it's not anything, you just walk in a nearly straight line for a few minutes.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
In my dreams, they announce that in addition to every previous VC game becoming available immediately on the Switch, you get free copies of every game you've purchased on the 3DS and WiiU :allears:

a girl can dream...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sea Sponge Run posted:

What if they never release the switch virtual console

What then

well it sure would be a colossal waste of potential

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Real hurthling! posted:

Why would they have a vc when they could just put the games in the regular store now

I would love it if all the VC games lived in a NES Classic type interface that took up one spot on the home menu.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

In my dreams, they announce that in addition to every previous VC game becoming available immediately on the Switch, you get free copies of every game you've purchased on the 3DS and WiiU :allears:

a girl can dream...

To dream the impossible dream.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here's a list of games I want on the Nintendo Switch:
1- Ikaruga
2- Maybe Pokemon?
3- Ikaruga.
4- Metal Gear Solid Collection

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't even be too mad if Nintendo didn't transfer older purchases currently if they'd actually go out and say, "Hey from now on we'll try to keep future purchases transferable for future generations".

I don't even have much of a problem with transfer fees (since it still probably takes some effort to build a new emulator with proper features on new consoles), but it'd have to be ridiculously cheap and not $1 per game or something.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hey guys. Nintendo won't transfer the older purchases. Should just nip that in the bud now before you get disappointed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I didn't buy poo poo on the old virtual consoles, that's the trick

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's a list of games I want on the Nintendo Switch:
1- Ikaruga
2- Maybe Pokemon?
3- Ikaruga.
4- Metal Gear Solid Collection

Oh wow, Ikaruga is a great call. The vertical format would work so well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Oh wow, Ikaruga is a great call. The vertical format would work so well.

Using joycons to control each ship while playing on a single (vertical) screen would be :allears:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

rear end cobra posted:

I never really played windwaker because I got so frustrated by that stealth bs in the beginning

That was stealth? I just ran around those upper ledges, avoided the spotlights and killed the moblins on top of the walls.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I would love it if all the VC games lived in a NES Classic type interface that took up one spot on the home menu.

I actually prefer giving games separate icons. But whichever way they do it, there should be a common interface and settings when you boot up VC games. Like, if I create a control scheme for one game, I should be able to save it and quickly apply it to other games, instead of having to change the button mapping for every single title.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want Konami to make more bomberman games like the ones on the 64 for the Switch

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They're gonna start selling a Mario Kart 8 bundle. gently caress you early adopters.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For what, not getting like $10 off MK8?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

They're gonna start selling a Mario Kart 8 bundle. gently caress you early adopters.

That's expected and fine with me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Harlock posted:

For a likely 10 dollars savings I will get busy ordering Mario Cart on amazon?

The bundle will be 350. Watch

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harlock posted:

technically anyone who had MK8 on WiiU were early adopters so that's the grand majority of us

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They're not doing an MK8 bundle, ya goofs. They're doing a Splatoon 2 bundle introducing two more neon joycon colours. book it.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 12, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

They're not doing an MK4 bundle, ya goofs. They're doing a Splatoon 2 bundle introducing two more neon joycon colours. book it.

But the bundle is already up on the official Russian site?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Supercar Gautier posted:

They're not doing an MK4 bundle, ya goofs. They're doing a Splatoon 2 bundle introducing two more neon joycon colours. book it.

would

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd buy the Mortal Kombat 4 bundle.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/64yd1q/mario_kart_8_deluxe_switch_bundle_just_went_on/

Bundle sighted

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Norns posted:

But the bundle is already up on the official Russian site?

Oh, I thought people were just making the usual scattershot pre-Direct predictions.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MK8D for 2500 RUB/44 USD. Not a bad deal but I can't get mad about someone else buying a switch a month after launch and getting a slightly better deal than I did.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 12, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean you know what you are getting in to when you buy a console, especially a Nintendo console, on release day. Considering the game is an enhanced port of a previous gen title, it's not surprising at all to see.

Nintendo wants to move those 16mil units this FY. They are gonna go hard.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Ah gently caress I just realized MK8D is gonna be the first Mario Kart game my little bro is gonna buy on his own so I HAVE to get it to play online with him.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
Vroom in the Night Sky is one of the best Dreamcast games to be put out on the Switch. It is super fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Should I save money and buy physical or go all in on digital?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I love the switch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I love the switch

MODS???

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
jesus loving christ this shovel knight lava level is some absolute bullshit

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Should I save money and buy physical or go all in on digital?

If you don't go physical you'll never be able to lick a Switch cart and experience it's flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the underwater level is worse.

• Locked thread