Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If wenger stays at arsenal then Walcott might play more games for him than any other arsenal player lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

I think there's a lot of quality in Arsenal's players that people don't acknowledge. Maybe they're not league-winning good, but they're not poo poo. And Wenger's not poo poo either, but I suspect it's just untenable for him at the club. It's been too long under one man.

How's Wilshire doing at Bournemouth?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/850606356419801088

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please watch out, the Swedes are notorious rapists. See: Julian Assange.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sassassin posted:

How's Wilshire doing at Bournemouth?

He's been pretty good from what I've seen of him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eddie Howe dropped him and bournemouth started winning again

birds
Jun 28, 2008

if city's sheikh owned arsenal and was content with just qualifying for the champions league spots his nickname could be sheikh top 4

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Havent arsenal been owned enough this season

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Breath Ray posted:

Havent arsenal been owned enough this season

:poolgirl:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hard to see man u making up ground on Liverpool when their two games in hand are at chels and away to Burnley. Then away to citeh. What are the odds on losing all three?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

birds posted:

if city's sheikh owned arsenal and was content with just qualifying for the champions league spots his nickname could be sheikh top 4

idgi

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Top Four kind of rhymes with Mansour.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

blue footed boobie posted:

Wenger is A Good Manager. We know this because he has kept a pretty good but not great team in the CL spots for a decade now. The problem is that it seems like Wengy's deficiencies are starting to compound, and he doesn't have a way forward.

I don't get this argument. Wenger clearly isn't a good manager right now. He did well to keep Arsenal in the top 4 on a smaller budget, but that was 5+ years ago. And right now the 2 recent FA Cup wins look like outliers on a slow decent towards mediocrity.

He may still be a good manager, given the right situation. However I don't think he's on the same level as Pep, Carlo, Mourinho, or Conte right now where most people would expect success wherever they went.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Brony Car posted:

Top Four kind of rhymes with Mansour.

:chloe:

birds
Jun 28, 2008

looks like you guys aren't ready for this cutting edge humor :colbert:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't get this argument. Wenger clearly isn't a good manager right now. He did well to keep Arsenal in the top 4 on a smaller budget, but that was 5+ years ago. And right now the 2 recent FA Cup wins look like outliers on a slow decent towards mediocrity.

He may still be a good manager, given the right situation. However I don't think he's on the same level as Pep, Carlo, Mourinho, or Conte right now where most people would expect success wherever they went.

He's tactically incompetent has been buoyed by brilliant players making the team tick. His whole schtick is getting technically gifted players and telling them to go express themselves, which is a slightly more sophisticated coaching method than what 'arry Redknapp employed. Constant tinkering isn't the solution, just look at City, but Chelsea's switch to 3-4-3 revolutionized their squad after Arsenal bummed them at the Emirates. Wenger sticks to his 4-2-3-1 at all costs and just replaces defensive minded players with attackers if the team is losing. He's completely predictable and all it takes is a little preparation and motivation to embarrass them.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Arsenal's spending and wage bill tracks with being in the top 4 but not winning the league, so he's doing what you would expect that team to be doing and for the last 10 or 12 years always has been. I'd also say the two FA Cups were an upswing rather than an outlier as well. It's the constant expectation of fans to overperform a team's "natural" level that has started to do him in. City, Chelsea and United spent on a different level over the last few years, and league position is relative so the only way to surpass them is to massively overperform like Leicester did. Also makes Mourinho and maybe Pep look like massive frauds, and Pocchetino for manager of the year.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Uh if you take a look at the advanced statistics you'll see that Bellerin is actually such a good defender that nobody tries to pass to his markers, which explains why he makes such few tackles

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Breath Ray posted:

Hard to see man u making up ground on Liverpool when their two games in hand are at chels and away to Burnley. Then away to citeh. What are the odds on losing all three?

We're in a really good place for top four. Arsenal are almost out of the running now, and whilst United have two games in hand they play teams around us. We'd basically need to completely collapse over the next six games and have everyone else win all their games.

of course, this is exactly what is going to happen.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

We're in a really good place for top four. Arsenal are almost out of the running now, and whilst United have two games in hand they play teams around us. We'd basically need to completely collapse over the next six games and have everyone else win all their games.

of course, this is exactly what is going to happen.

Everybody hates Chris.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39555359

Why are Americans such sensitive, whiny crybabies?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Bradley seems like a total dickhead

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If we can move three more points clear i reckon we've got it, still a shaky position until then.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

If we can move three more points clear i reckon we've got it, still a shaky position until then.

If you get three points clear would you say it will not slip?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
PFA Player of the year and Young Player of the year nominations are out.

Player of the year list:
Eden Hazard - Chelsea
Zlatan Ibrahimović - Manchester United
Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur
N'Golo Kanté - Chelsea
Romelu Lukaku - Everton
Alexis Sánchez - Arsenal

Young player of the year:
Dele Alli - Tottenham Hotspur
Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur
Michael Keane – Burnley
Romelu Lukaku - Everton
Jordan Pickford - Sunderland
Leroy Sané - Manchester City

I kinda feel like Lukaku and Kane shouldn't be in the Young player list when they're already shortlisted for POTY.

Kanté will probably win POTY and either Alli or Lukaku will win Young player.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Pickford ought to get the young player of the year, he's basically been handed the shortest straw possible.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

MrBling posted:

I kinda feel like Lukaku and Kane shouldn't be in the Young player list when they're 30 years old and already shortlisted for POTY, respectively.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Pickford ought to get the young player of the year, he's basically been handed the shortest straw possible.

Alli should get it because a) he's been the best player and b) is actually fairly young and not 23/24 like the majority of that list.

The main one is interesting because you'd assume a Chelsea player will win but it's hard to pick between the two so maybe their vote gets split and someone else will steal it.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 13, 2017

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

how did diego costa not get a nomination for player of the year

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TelekineticBear! posted:

Very carefully haha.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TelekineticBear! posted:

By being less good than at least six other footballers in the BPL 2016/17

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TelekineticBear! posted:

By being a massive hateful oval office

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Der Shovel posted:

By being a massive hateful oval office

Eden Hazard - Chelsea

Clearly that's not it.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Strawman posted:

Eden Hazard - Chelsea

Clearly that's not it.

What did Hazard ever do to you?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

santanotreal posted:

Kicked a ballboy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Kicked a ballboy.

It was a ballman to be fair.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Shrapnig posted:

It was a ballman to be fair.

Ballteen

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ballchild of sell-out scum

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

santanotreal posted:

He likes anime and has a neckbeard.

Also, Kante should win, but it'll be Hazard because flair players always win these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

He likes anime and has a neckbeard.

Also, Kante should win, but it'll be Hazard because flair players always win these things.

did he troll you in ADTRW?

• Locked thread