Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

3UU
Creature -- Sphinx (rare)
Flying
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time each turn, counter that spell or ability.
Embalm 5UU
5/3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Dies to quadruple bolt, unplayable

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The vanilla wurm is fake. The artist name is wrong and the copyright text is wrong.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Collector's number, too.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Siivola posted:

Dude it says "wurm" right loving there.

That is a G-d Da-n Cobra/Viper head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knife fight me right NOW!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

3UU
Flying
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time each turn, counter that spell or ability.
Embalm 5UU
5/3

A limited monster to be sure, I think in constructed there are enough things you can throw at it like a shot from a Ballista that it won't be insane. Getting it twice is good though.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

3UU
Flying
Embalm 5UU
5/3

This is a lot better than Jetting Glasskite, that's for sure. I think it's got a shot at standard play since it's hard to kill and then you have to kill it twice.

oryx
Nov 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mikujin posted:

Here's a thing.

Picture of a monitor with a potato phone in 2017? Yup, it's fake.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sweltering Suns 1RR

Sorcery (Rare)
Sweltering Suns deals 3 damage to each creature.
Cycling 3
The Hekma protects the city from sandstorms and monsters, but nothing can stop the sweltering heat of the suns.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The 20/20 for 8 isn't even great in limited.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Anger of the SMB3 Sun

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

The 20/20 for 8 isn't even great in limited.

It's faaaaake

The sun card, however, is real and very good.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Rinkles posted:

Sweltering Suns 1RR

Sorcery (Rare)
Cycling 3
The Hekma protects the city from sandstorms and monsters, but nothing can stop the sweltering heat of the suns.

While the cycling is interesting I think we could have just gotten anger of the gods back and been better off.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I feel like an exile sweeper might be a bit too much grave hate. I'm glad to have a good sweeper I can run in two colors, running Radiant Flames always irritated me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

While the cycling is interesting I think we could have just gotten anger of the gods back and been better off.

This one is probably better than Anger.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
New Lili's preordering for 18 from CFB, there's no way that sticks after the set releases, is there? Or will she just go into every black deck, whether or not it's zombies?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Soul Glo posted:

New Lili's preordering for 18 from CFB, there's no way that sticks after the set releases, is there? Or will she just go into every black deck, whether or not it's zombies?

The set can only hold so much value. As of right now nissa and gids are holding the top spots. As good as she is sometimes I wonder if OB just fits in more decks at 5 cmc. She also isn't a 4 of walker so she will be cheaper.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Rinkles posted:

Sweltering Suns 1RR

Sorcery (Rare)
Cycling 3

Ok NOW Soul-Scar Mage is busted. RDW in standard here we come!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

The set can only hold so much value. As of right now nissa and gids are holding the top spots. As good as she is sometimes I wonder if OB just fits in more decks at 5 cmc. She also isn't a 4 of walker so she will be cheaper.

You have to build your deck around Liliana whereas you can just jam Ob Nix as a one of in stuff but in the decks that she's good in, I think Liliana is MUCH more powerful.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Here's a thing.

I want to believe

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
That */4 flyer for 3 is uncommon, wtf

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
That's a lot of abilities to pile onto one creature.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Samut has more keywords than an mtgcardsmith creation.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Firebatgyro posted:

That */4 flyer for 3 is uncommon, wtf

This isn't anything new really.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

I've never wanted to play EDH as much as I do now.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

If she doesn't spark in the next set, I will eat my hat.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

can't wait to play against that card in the prerelease

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

This flavor text is saying he knows things that only Kefnet knows?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Harsh Mentor in Legacy Death and Taxes as Anti Miracles tech?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
UR spells/cycling matters is going to be the funnest deck to draft.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Hello yes I would like an everything keyword, with extra haste.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

clamiam45 posted:

This flavor text is saying he knows things that only Kefnet knows?

No as in literally stuff only Kefnet knows is written on its wings. No guarantee the drake can read.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mikujin posted:

Here's a thing.

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't think that flavour text is good enough to be real.

Also: lol, Fling.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

You ungrateful bastards crying about the fake 20/20 already forgot that Standard already has a 20/20

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

InterrupterJones posted:

You ungrateful bastards crying about the fake 20/20 already forgot that Standard already has a 20/20

Yeah, but you have to fling that ~twice~

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Story summary: Nissa and Chandra go on a stroll. On that walk, they talk to the Vizier of Poisons, who actually seems like a pretty chill lady. Also Nissa has a chat with the plane and figures out that Nicol Bolas didn't actually make the plane, he corrupted a few decades back and corrupted the all the things. Also the plane used to have 8 gods and now has 5 and the 5 remaining have lost their memories.

Also there's an incredibly awkward romantic passage between Nissa and Chandra that ends with Nissa friendzoning Chandra

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The untap ability on Kefnet seems like a really random addition, and the least useful part of the card.

What's with all the life-drain effects now saying "each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life" instead of "and you gain life equal to the life lost this way"? Are they really afraid of breaking stuff in casual formats?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I have a rules question, as a friend and I brought the Nissa vs Ob Nixilis duel decks. He's new, and I'm getting back into the game after a long time. I play Crop Rotation and pull out one of the lands with an "enters the battlefield" trigger, like Fertile Thicket. Do I resolve the "enters the battlefield" effect first, or do I finish resolving Crop Rotation and shuffle my library before resolving Fertile Thicket's effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
The trigger sits on the stack until you're done doing Crop Rotation stuff.

• Locked thread