Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Kaaya and Kizer are awful names for quarterbacks. They'll never be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Who has the best QB face this draft class?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MrLogan posted:

Does best = most punchable?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrLogan posted:

The guy who looks most like a QB is Kizer. Trubisky is built like a LB and Watson just looks like a college QB. Kaaya is too straight cut, military brat looking. Davis Webb looks like he suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome and Mahomes face is built like a WR/annoying pickup basketball player. That leaves Nathan Peterman who, admittedly, does have the goonish face of a franchise QB. Kinda like Tebow and Luck having a child together.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crazy hair can't make Mahomes look any less like a baseball player. He's pitcher face extraordinaire.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dont you loving dare cleveland

quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cleveland "has not made up its mind" with the No. 1 overall pick, and some Browns executives like Myles Garrett while others prefer Mitchell Trubisky.

Additionally, Schefter had an NFL executive text him to "not be surprised" if Texas A&M's Garrett is not selected with the top pick. Garrett has been the overwhelming favorite to be the first player off the board to the Browns for months now, but Trubisky appears to be picking up steam. Cleveland obviously is desperate for a quarterback, but it would be hard to see them passing on Garrett.

Trubisky is bad

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Trubisky is bad

Browns gonna brown.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

Trubisky is bad

Cleveland's in a really bad spot because they have one of those coaches who believes he can develop any offensive player and has a pretty good track record doing it. They also have Public Perception hanging over their head which means they can't make a smart pick like Fournette/Adams/Mike Williams because they're not a DE, OT, or a QB. I also imagine that they are going to have a tough time trading out too.

San Fran is in a similar situation but they have the luxury of not having the #1 pick this year.

Just a really tough draft, I don't envy being Cleveland right now... or ever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still think Garrett's a fine first pick, but really this draft is a decent one to have the #1 overall pick in. I don't think it'll end up like 2013 where almost every one of the hyped picks turns out to not be worth much.

That's if you don't need a quarterback of course, which it turns out is a problem a lot of teams drafting first overall seem to have.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just don't see Garrett as being that special. Like if I put him up against other top selected DEs recently (Bosa, Buckner, Clowney, Jordan, Ansah) he'd be somewhere in the middle of the pack and most definitely behind Clowney and Bosa. Still think he's a top 25 selection but #1 overall is ehh. I'd rather have Soloman Thomas or Jamal Adams if I was the Browns but holy gently caress would I catch unending poo poo as the GM who took a strong safety #1.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Kaaya and Kizer are awful names for quarterbacks. They'll never be good.

Kaaya sounds like the name you would give a dolphin.

A literal dolphin, not a Miami Dolphin.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why would Cleveland have trouble trading down from 1?

Seems more likely they trade up from 12 or 33 to get a qb.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Why would Cleveland have trouble trading down from 1?

Seems more likely they trade up from 12 or 33 to get a qb.

Because, relevant to what Doltos is saying, this draft doesn't have a "MUST HAVE" superstar potential at #1 that makes the pick very attractive.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We'll that didn't stop the Rams and Eagles from trading assloads of picks for the right to draft Goff and Wentz.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If Garrett is as good as they say, then yes this draft does have a player worth trading to #1 for.

The question of drafting Trubisky #1 comes down to whether they think he is better than Wentz who they passed up on last year or not.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mayock's latest positional rankings. Watson now his top QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799336/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings-30

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Nice to see the redskins draft board.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mike Freeman has a few notes. Hue wants Trubisky and Sashi is like lol no. Coughlin also apparently loves Fournette at 4.

quote:

But one thing I constantly hear is that the Browns want to trade down and accumulate picks. I also hear that the front office and (coach) Hue Jackson are clashing a bit over the direction they want to go. Hue wants a quarterback from the draft and they don't.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

We'll that didn't stop the Rams and Eagles from trading assloads of picks for the right to draft Goff and Wentz.

Goff and Wentz are much better than any QB in this draft right now.

I'm starting to notice Mayock is terrible at evaluating offensive skill positions and this is backed up by me just casually looking through his past rankings right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656285/article/mike-mayocks-2016-nfl-draft-position-rankings-50
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488475/article/mike-mayocks-2015-nfl-draft-position-rankings-50
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346685/article/mike-mayocks-position-rankings-for-2014-nfl-draft
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000146289/article/mike-mayock-alters-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

2014 in particular is pretty damning.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Really? His WR list looks a little silly in retrospect but that top 5 was absolutely the consensus order heading into that draft. Obviously Beckham has a head start but I wouldn't be shocked if Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Benjamin is the correct order by the time all of their careers are finished.

e:Though I would for sure put Jarvis Landry ahead of Kelvin.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Doltos posted:

I'm starting to notice Mayock is terrible at evaluating offensive skill positions and this is backed up by me just casually looking through his past rankings right now.
It's funny how the Jets drafted 3 QBs that all feature on Mayock's Top 5 and all 3 of Geno, Petty, and Hack will be poo poo.

It might be the team.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mike Freeman has a few notes. Hue wants Trubisky and Sashi is like lol no. Coughlin also apparently loves Fournette at 4.
I read Hue wants Myles but the FO wants a QB.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's funny how the Jets drafted 3 QBs that all feature on Mayock's Top 5 and all 3 of Geno, Petty, and Hack will be poo poo.

It might be the team.
Just because they're ranked doesn't mean they're good. I doubt he stood on the table for any of them as future franchise QBs. Who you should be embarrassed for are the QBs that couldn't be better than folks like Hack.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Really? His WR list looks a little silly in retrospect but that top 5 was absolutely the consensus order heading into that draft. Obviously Beckham has a head start but I wouldn't be shocked if Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Benjamin is the correct order by the time all of their careers are finished.

Surely there aren't more people we can put ahead of the fatass.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Just because they're ranked doesn't mean they're good. I doubt he stood on the table for any of them as future franchise QBs. Who you should be embarrassed for are the QBs that couldn't be better than folks like Hack.
I'm not embarrassed by anyone the team trots out there. At the very least I get to mock them in the stands like Statler and Waldorf. RIP Greg McElroy :911:

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/852214101313028097

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

WR's are fine that year but look at his HB and QB rankings:

https://imgur.com/SKZYNft

Manziel is hilarious but Teddy behind Mettenberger and Jimmy G... lfuckingmao

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Doltos posted:

I just don't see Garrett as being that special. Like if I put him up against other top selected DEs recently (Bosa, Buckner, Clowney, Jordan, Ansah) he'd be somewhere in the middle of the pack and most definitely behind Clowney and Bosa. Still think he's a top 25 selection but #1 overall is ehh. I'd rather have Soloman Thomas or Jamal Adams if I was the Browns but holy gently caress would I catch unending poo poo as the GM who took a strong safety #1.

So Garrett is basically Mario Williams. He'll be pretty good but wont exactly be a superstar.... Now that I think about it... Holy poo poo this is the 2006 draft all over again.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

So Garrett is basically Mario Williams. He'll be pretty good but wont exactly be a superstar.... Now that I think about it... Holy poo poo this is the 2006 draft all over again.

Nah Clowney and Williams are closer than Garrett is to them. Garrett's quicker and has great burst but gets swallowed up or stood up a lot. His strength comes through on turning the corner or jamming inside. Really good leverage DE.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Browns should NOT trade down from #1. They need to take Garret there. Then IF they believe Mitch is a FQB they can use all their seconds and other extra picks to move up and get him. The appeal of having all those future picks is to use them to move up for a QB next year, which is supposed to have much better QB's, but the same was said about this year last year so it is just a crap shoot. Depends how high up we would have to go, I don't mind giving 12, 2 seconds, and some late rounders, we would still have a full draft this year and next year. I don't know if Mitch is the guy, but if noted QB Whisperer Hue wants him, whatever, get the process started instead of waiting another year. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Check this out.....

#1 Trubisky
#12 Watson
#22 (trade up from #33) Mahomes

Hire me Browns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Michael Corleone posted:

The Browns should NOT trade down from #1. They need to take Garret there. Then IF they believe Mitch is a FQB they can use all their seconds and other extra picks to move up and get him. The appeal of having all those future picks is to use them to move up for a QB next year, which is supposed to have much better QB's, but the same was said about this year last year so it is just a crap shoot. Depends how high up we would have to go, I don't mind giving 12, 2 seconds, and some late rounders, we would still have a full draft this year and next year. I don't know if Mitch is the guy, but if noted QB Whisperer Hue wants him, whatever, get the process started instead of waiting another year. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

This post inspired me to start hosting a radio call-in show

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
gently caress a QB as a Browns this year.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
whoever the browns draft in the first will end up as a huge bust anyways, it doesn't matter. none of this matters

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Roasted Donut posted:

whoever the browns draft in the first will end up as a huge bust anyways, it doesn't matter. none of this matters

Did they have their new staff for last year's draft? And if they did, how did that go?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Did they have their new staff for last year's draft? And if they did, how did that go?

Same people. Only off season change has been a new defensive coordinator.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/852349608709816322

Lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Same people. Only off season change has been a new defensive coordinator.

I looked it up, apparently 2016 is looking catastrophically bad. They might be good numbers guys but know gently caress-all about evaluating talent.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I think people are generally afraid of his shoulder injuries. If they're legitimately thinking of dropping Cook just because of his combine performance then I've lost complete faith in NFL decision makers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joe Mixon isn't even that good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cook visited the Bucs today and all the local beat writers suggest they'd take him at 19 but they also doubt he'd be available there so who knows.

• Locked thread