Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

g0del posted:

Evidently his plan is to just keep posting until we all forget that he's a j4g and someone lets him into TNG. I'm just trying to figure out what he thinks he'll get out of this. Access to our fleet bank full of several year old vendor trash? Fleet holding invites which are given for free in the NoP service channel? Access to our chat channel which no one uses because most of us only log on to cycle contra/admiralty alts?

Oh I'll probably forget he's a J4G.

In like, four years time. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

isn't everyone on the discord now anyway? the one i've logged into twice?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Acer Pilot posted:

:shrug:

I didn't bother to even note the address or PW.

Codex Occultus
Apr 12, 2009

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.
I'm pretty sure this isn't following Cardassian ship naming regulations.

Hope he enjoys it while he's got it.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
So I started playing this again cuz I hate myself. Wouldn't mind a re invite back into SFD. Jade@Goonzilla

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DancingShade posted:

:shrug:

I didn't bother to even note the address or PW.
If you made an account with Discord, you can just sign in and it will all be there.

Only old people use Discord anyway. The new hotness is the Twitch Desktop App which was Twitch buying and rebranding Curse (for what I assume was pocket change).

Never heard of Curse? It's almost identical to Discord, but it failed to leave a mark on most people. Assuming they ever heard of it.

Part of the deal seems to have been to get rid of the community manager, who ended up getting deported to Ireland.

So why am I telling you all of this? Well the community manager for Curse was our very own Branflakes.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 11, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DancingShade posted:

Oh I'll probably forget he's a J4G.

In like, four years time. Maybe.

Someone will remember

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fakemirage posted:

If you made an account with Discord, you can just sign in and it will all be there.

Only old people use Discord anyway. The new hotness is the Twitch Desktop App which was Twitch buying and rebranding Curse (for what I assume were pocket change).

Never heard of Curse? It's almost identical to Discord, but it failed to leave a mark on most people. Assuming they ever heard of it.

Part of the deal seems to have been to get rid of the community manager, who ended up getting deported to Ireland.

So why am I tell you all of this? Well the community manager for Curse was our very own Branflakes.

Wow so that's where he ended up after getting booted from STO, then booted from Firefall.

Deported loving lol. Things you miss.

I only use Discord to text chat to the old people who make Shroud Of The Avatar anyway, because I have awful taste and like playing terrible games. Don't think I have anything else set up on that front.

From memory the MWO goons that are left are still using mumble.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Apr 11, 2017

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DancingShade posted:

I only use Discord to text chat to the old people who make Shroud Of The Avatar anyway, because I have awful taste and like playing terrible games. Don't think I have anything else set up on that front.
You're missing out on karaoke night.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DancingShade posted:

Compassion, nice

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Well don't go telling people or they'll think I'm mellowing out.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DancingShade posted:

Well don't go telling people or they'll think I'm mellowing out.

oh poo poo Humility too, you are well on the way

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

oh poo poo Humility too, you are well on the way

Hmm.

GioSPL posted:

there's also other poppers you should check out, the festive party horn is pretty spammy and the 7th anniversary party horn shoots red fish.

Oi dickhead. Try posting in GBS, FYAD, D&D or something wholly and utterly non game related and see how you go. You know, for an extended period. Maybe you'll learn what social skills are and what an internet community is. Eventually.

Fuckwit.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Honesty.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Acer Pilot posted:

I didn't even realize we had a discord. What's the link?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

DancingShade posted:

Wow so that's where he ended up after getting booted from STO, then booted from Firefall.

He was also at Riot games.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Risa posted:

[Local] MandyJean HatField@playhigh4life420: wanna bet im ocd i save everything for evidence being i run a cyberbullying hotline and i do childhood cancer awarness stuff so when i report you for cyber bullying which is a criminal offense then
[Local] MandyJean HatField@playhigh4life420: let me know how u feel
Be afraid, be very afraid.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

g0del posted:

I didn't even realize we had a discord. What's the link?

It's on the front page of the wiki

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 12, 2017

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

MisterOblivious posted:

It's on the front page of the wiki for some reason, but not in the OP
https://discord.gg/KrNXjwh

Hey someone tell spergcakes McYiffGod (Oats) to unban me so i can use this link. Can't get in. Want to apologize.

Edit: Sorry, Meant Spergcakes McJizzFace. McYiffGod is Butts. You goons and your aliases...

Rahhmi fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 11, 2017

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!
To whoever promoted me from newbie to j4g, thank you! feels good not to be stuck with the standard picture AND not having to pay for it! your 10bux will not be wasted!

I assure you all I will also enjoy my role as Chief Treasurer of Starfleet Dental Academy!

AotC
May 16, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

Yes, because the wiki requires auth. What a goon fucker.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

GioSPL posted:

To whoever promoted me from newbie to j4g, thank you! feels good not to be stuck with the standard picture AND not having to pay for it! your 10bux will not be wasted!

I assure you all I will also enjoy my role as Chief Treasurer of Starfleet Dental Academy!

This is probably the hardest we've been trolled since we got robbed by an 8 year old.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

AotC posted:

Yes, because the wiki requires auth. What a goon fucker.

I thought the front page was one of the publicly viewable ones. Welp.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MisterOblivious posted:

I thought the front page was one of the publicly viewable ones. Welp.

It's ok to be retarded. There is lots of help available these days.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I suppose no one cares anymore, but STO's Gateway is being shut down (they terminated NW's gateway a few months ago).

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1230325/the-end-of-gateway?

Disappointing that it never got developed to access doffing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The dev who created it left ages ago and nobody on the current team knows how to update it as the systems in the game change. That's the only reason it's closing down and why it never got updated. :ssh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

The dev who created it left ages ago and nobody on the current team knows how to update it as the systems in the game change. That's the only reason it's closing down and why it never got updated. :ssh:

That and the Neverwinter equivalent was a gateway for bots and other exploits.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I disbelieve the notion that Neverwinter still has a playerbase. (and if it does they should switch to the D&D MMO that's actually kind of fun)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

I disbelieve the notion that Neverwinter still has a playerbase. (and if it does they should switch to the D&D MMO that's actually kind of fun)

Console players don't have a lot of choices.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

MisterOblivious posted:

The link has expired, you troll.

GioSPL posted:

You bought it yourself, didn't you?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fakemirage posted:

You bought it yourself, didn't you?

Considering SA only tells you what the price of avatar changes are when you go click on the option I'm thinking you're correct.

Which indicates a pretty special brand of low effort attention seeking really.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Man we are really owning this guy who wants to get in our fleet in this dead gay game

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Man we are really owning this guy who wants to get in our fleet in this dead gay game

Now imagine the let down he would experience if he got in only to find out you weren't remotely joking.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Hey, I also want to get into a goon fleet in this dead gay game too.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Robzilla posted:

Hey, I also want to get into a goon fleet in this dead gay game too.
Only dead gay goons need apply.

I think I sent you a channel invite a while back. If there's nobody online in the channel, you can post your character's name in the thread and I'll try to send you an invite next time I get on.

Or you could join the Discord server and ask there.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
GioSPL, please meet Rahhmi, the other j4g. There's another that posted in the MMO HMO forum with a new thread, but I forgot their name. Maybe you guys can start a fleet or something.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

BombermanX posted:

GioSPL, please meet Rahhmi, the other j4g. There's another that posted in the MMO HMO forum with a new thread, but I forgot their name. Maybe you guys can start a fleet or something.
Oh I'm pretty sure it's already in the Dental armada.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I play ST:O. I am, in fact, a lifetime subscriber because I used to have extra money to waste.

I am not, however, a member of any Goon Fleet.

Like, what Fleet Holdings do you have? I only join Fleets to get access to Tier 6 Fleet Ships and extra trait slots anyway.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I'm an OG Lifetime Subscriber, was also one of the original officers of SFD with Swiss, Arus, Jack and those fuckers.

I only wipe my butt with the fluffiest of kittens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Robzilla posted:

I'm an OG Lifetime Subscriber, was also one of the original officers of SFD with Swiss, Arus, Jack and those fuckers.

I only wipe my butt with the fluffiest of kittens

God lawd. Before the exodus.

• Locked thread