Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

jesus loving christ this shovel knight lava level is some absolute bullshit

once you beat it a few times you won't find it to be that bad. what part are you having trouble with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if its the bouncy beetle guy, I can almost guarantee you are rushing yourself trying to clear out a path to stay caught up with the beetle

dude is slow as heck, go a bit slower on it and you'll still be ok!!!!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i heard super mario world is coming to switch today?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

i heard super mario world is coming to switch today?

Im coming to the switch palace in smw today maybe you got it twisted

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

eonwe posted:

once you beat it a few times you won't find it to be that bad. what part are you having trouble with?

It's the part with the green lava which I finally memorized enough to get past only to drop into that room with the explody blocks and the bad jouster. I fall in lava every time and cry :(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Vroom in the Night Sky is one of the best Dreamcast games to be put out on the Switch. It is super fun.

Bullshit I watched that fat Jeff guy play it on YouTube.com

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Uh actually roms released and sold by the copyright holder are perfectly fine and good.

But when Nintendo didn't make those ROMs themselves?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Should I save money and buy physical or go all in on digital?

I would say Digital is the better option for any portable system. I've found I play games less if I have to carry around a separate card.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's the part with the green lava which I finally memorized enough to get past only to drop into that room with the explody blocks and the bad jouster. I fall in lava every time and cry :(

oh, on those, don't do a shovel bounce thingy, just sorta fall on them and jump over the dude and attack at the very end IMO

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

s.i.r.e. posted:

But when Nintendo didn't make those ROMs themselves?

It means Nintendo is stealing IP from the person who created the ROM storage format. They are thieves and buying anything from them supports piracy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Vroom in the Night Sky is one of the best Dreamcast games to be put out on the Switch. It is super fun.

this video sold me on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooomJ3LYgGI

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Holy haha. BoI gave me some eye laser thing first level and now just gave me homing so now there's a big electric death ball that reaches out to kill this is nuts.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Try the Tech Head Challenge. It's super fun.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I want to get a gf so I can scare her away with loads of Switch puns, then tell you guys all about it

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So I got one of these on Friday but then was out all weekend so I only tried it out properly yesterday. It's pretty nice although I haven't sorted out the dock and stuff to put it on the tv yet. Controls taking a little to get used to but feel like they'll be really good once I've got them worked out. Will probably grab a pro controller at some point though. zelda is good fun so far

Anyway, it's a good thing I couldn't get Persona 5 off Amazon until next month because that made me say gently caress it and I ordered a Switch instead because they seem to have gone out of stock again.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Was that Russian site bundle the same price as a launch Switch?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Beastie posted:

Was that Russian site bundle the same price as a launch Switch?

50 more, so mk8 for prime prices

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
when is the direct

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

when is the direct

a little less than 5 hours from now

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's all gonna be leaked before then anyways

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh ya here is a link to where they'll be streaming it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgF7eS8WlQ

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
itll just be splatoon 2 details and release date, and same for arms or w/e

nothing interesting

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The ARMS guy looks like he has a long winding blue turd on his head.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

itll just be splatoon 2 details and release date, and same for arms or w/e

nothing interesting

I am interested in both of those.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I am interested in both of those.

ya

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm not interested in either of those games but I'm holding out hope that they'll announce something cool.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I'm not interested in either of those games but I'm holding out hope that they'll announce something cool.

they won't

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

enojy posted:

Bullshit I watched that fat Jeff guy play it on YouTube.com

That guy would probably hate jumping flash, plus why listen to a guy named Jeff? trust Vinnies, vinnies are guys you can trust.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kashuno posted:

they won't

Vc is dropping today, I feel it in my heart

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

man nurse posted:

splatoon 2 is one of the greatest shooters ever made

im not joking

im a pc elitist about certain genres and FPS games are one of them, but splatoon is god drat amazing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's not even out, how could you know that.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i never 'got' splatoon

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

i never 'got' splatoon

i tried it during the testfire, theres nothing to get, its insanely bad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got it and played about ten hours of it. Just not for me, I don't have the coordination for shooters. I liked playing as roller, but I didn't really have much time for multiplayer gaming.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

It's not even out, how could you know that.

because ive played it, and ive played splatoon 1 as well

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Splatoon never felt good to me either. The rounds just never seemed very satisfying and the controls didn't feel great. I wish squid form felt faster or more fluid. Titanfall 2 has basically ruined other games movement systems for me though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its okay. i respect all of your incorrect opinions.

namaste

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know today's focus is primarily on Splatoon2 and ARMS, but my hope is (whether it's called VC or not) we get SOME classic Nintendo games (or just Wii-Wii-U, whatever) stuff. Lots of folks onboarded at the Switch and these past games are all new to them, and with kind of an anemic(ish... I'm still playing Zelda from launch...) library right now, a "And you can now play X, Y, and Z... RIGHT NOW!" announcement would be huge for them.

That said, this is an industry that can't keep poo poo secret. The fact that there are no rumblings or rumors of such says a lot...

[edit] in other news, is anyone else a little skeeved by the fact that the ARMS folks don't seem to have actual real arms. Their lives must be terrible. Either they are Armless and these are contraptions, or these are their arms, and life must be so hard...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 12, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I figure they'll have a little sizzle reel of games coming out in the next couple months? That's about the level of what I expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Feenix posted:

I know today's focus is primarily on Splatoon2 and ARMS, but my hope is (whether it's called VC or not) we get SOME classic Nintendo games (or just Wii-Wii-U, whatever) stuff. Lots of folks onboarded at the Switch and these past games are all new to them, and with kind of an anemic(ish... I'm still playing Zelda from launch...) library right now, a "And you can now play X, Y, and Z... RIGHT NOW!" announcement would be huge for them.

That said, this is an industry that can't keep poo poo secret. The fact that there are no rumblings or rumors of such says a lot...

[edit] in other news, is anyone else a little skeeved by the fact that the ARMS folks don't seem to have actual real arms. Their lives must be terrible. Either they are Armless and these are contraptions, or these are their arms, and life must be so hard...

Nintendo's entire E3 gameslist was leaked like a week or two in advance but nobody believed it and called bullshit because it said stuff like "Xenoblade2" and "ARMS." Things like Ryu and the whole Smash Bros lineup also got leaked way in advance, Nintendo seems to not be as airtight anymore

• Locked thread