Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Annie Bot's name is jared and he only plays a little girl :thinking:

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Finally made it to Gold 5 :toot:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

JerryLee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Congrats man :hfive:

Luna Was Here posted:

>2017
>Support nerfs

Pick one
They nerfed Malz, Karma, Zyra (also Camille, does she count?)

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
So Riot has stated that they want to make tanks durability more reliant on kit than items so of course on the PBE they're testing nerfs to Last Whisper's armor pen, giving tank items more armor and less hp and making Thornmail a component item that builds into Randuin's.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
To be somewhat fair when tanks aren't overbearingly strong they're about as fun to play as supps (if even that) and even in plat level queues you'll get teams where neither top or jung will play one. When you can't actually tank as a tank it's basically the worst feeling in the game, no mobility, no damage, dead before you can do any of the jobs you're supposed to do. Often times you're relegated to walking ult timer.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

To be somewhat fair when tanks aren't overbearingly strong they're about as fun to play as supps (if even that) and even in plat level queues you'll get teams where neither top or jung will play one. When you can't actually tank as a tank it's basically the worst feeling in the game, no mobility, no damage, dead before you can do any of the jobs you're supposed to do. Often times you're relegated to walking ult timer.

Oh sure, I'm not disputing any of that. I'm just struck by the impressively consistent disconnect between Riot's stated objectives and the actual results (see the League of Tanks during the assassin update.)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

But support is the most fun role! You have buttons that do things, and you get to just fight mans all day without having to worry about killing creeps. :yayclod:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's not though

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

So Riot has stated that they want to make tanks durability more reliant on kit than items so of course on the PBE they're testing nerfs to Last Whisper's armor pen, giving tank items more armor and less hp and making Thornmail a component item that builds into Randuin's.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

stump collector posted:

It's not though

it is a highly undervalued role that heavily affects the outcome of almost every teamfight. most supports have powerful game-changing affects on their kits that make them satisfying to play. it feels really good to land a 3 man nami bubble, or get a clutch Lulu ultimate and saving an ally's life, or get the best hook or binding and destroying the enemy with terrible positioning.

it is also satisfying once you understand botlane tactics to win fights as the support and get really fed off of kill/assist gold, unfortunately the meta sucks for this since every team just camps the loving poo poo out of bottom so hard that it's risky just to stand there and farm

it owns

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

The actual gameplay of playing a support owns. Hitting a game-changing sick nasty CC is the best feeling, and the 2v2 dynamic of bot lane is more interesting than the others lanes. By empowering the other roles to contribute more to vision control they got rid of a lot of the ward-bitch feeling of it.

The thing that sucks about playing support is that you're part of bot lane, and the cool thing to do is for everyone else in the game to constantly come assblast bot lane, and if your team doesn't come assblast their bot lane in return then it really sucks. Then they complain about you/your ADC being behind when they have never visited your lane and the enemy has visited you 4 times and boy is that fun.

Really this is just an extension of this biggest problem with the League meta in general: the jungler is way too influential in the outcome of the game. This is fine for organized 5v5 play but sucks for everyone else otherwise.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

I had a game last night with a 7,000 HP Cho'gath, a 3,000 (maybe even 4,000 by the end of it) Jax, and an at least 4,000 HP Galio. It was hell.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
i mean I'm a plat support main I appreciate supp and find it fun to play but there's the reason its like the least queued for role and it's not "because everyone else is wrong". You can argue all the reasons playing supp owns and I will agree with them but there is something fundamentally unappealing about the archetype to the vast majority of people.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

i mean I'm a plat support main I appreciate supp and find it fun to play but there's the reason its like the least queued for role and it's not "because everyone else is wrong". You can argue all the reasons playing supp owns and I will agree with them but there is something fundamentally unappealing about the archetype to the vast majority of people.
people like coldplay and voted for the nazis

Orv
May 4, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

Woah!

That's unfair to Nazis.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I'm ok with support being unpopular so that I get my role 99% of the time

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Chris de Sperg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?HMqZ2PPOLik

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Really this is just an extension of this biggest problem with the League meta in general: the jungler is way too influential in the outcome of the game. This is fine for organized 5v5 play but sucks for everyone else otherwise.

I really wish jungle was just the place where you took weak earlygame champions to safely farm them up into relevance. Basically, bring back Feral Flare meta.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i played a graves jungle game last night bc i was high and mise and i lead my team in cs because lmao at full clearing the jungle at such high health so quickly. i was also the first champion to level 18. the jungle still has a ton of exp and gold without any kind of dumb feral flare poo poo, especially when you consider the absurd gold value of a level

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i played a graves jungle game last night bc i was high and mise and i lead my team in cs because lmao at full clearing the jungle at such high health so quickly. i was also the first champion to level 18. the jungle still has a ton of exp and gold without any kind of dumb feral flare poo poo, especially when you consider the absurd gold value of a level

I don't think you understand what I meant, I wish early game ganks just weren't a thing.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

JerryLee posted:

I hit silver 2 having won like 14 of my last 20 and figured I too was on my way to Gold 5. Then:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

gvibes posted:

I hit silver 2 having won like 14 of my last 20 and figured I too was on my way to Gold 5. Then:

Stop dying so much

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

gvibes posted:

At the very beginning of the season I rocketed from Silver 5 (where I got placed) up to Gold 5 promos. It was on like a Friday night that I hit my promo series, so I was like "no prob-- I'll do this first thing on the weekend." I then proceeded to lose three straight games to toxic teammates, followed by a bunch more losing on that weekend as I reflexively tried to claw back into the promo. I ping-ponged around Silver 1-3 for a while before finally grinding my way up to this series, where I won it in 4.

I can't emphasize enough that the factor in me being able to get back up to Gold and eventually win the series, without hating myself, was trying to figure out the best days/times to play ranked. Basically, I did my best to only play on weekdays in the morning/very early afternoon, and also sometimes very late at night. I found that this system produced a lot fewer toxic game-ruining shitheels for me than trying to play at prime time or on the weekends. I'm 99% sure it's because that's when all the kids are playing, but that's just a conjecture.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

JerryLee posted:

At the very beginning of the season I rocketed from Silver 5 (where I got placed) up to Gold 5 promos. It was on like a Friday night that I hit my promo series, so I was like "no prob-- I'll do this first thing on the weekend." I then proceeded to lose three straight games to toxic teammates, followed by a bunch more losing on that weekend as I reflexively tried to claw back into the promo. I ping-ponged around Silver 1-3 for a while before finally grinding my way up to this series, where I won it in 4.

I can't emphasize enough that the factor in me being able to get back up to Gold and eventually win the series, without hating myself, was trying to figure out the best days/times to play ranked. Basically, I did my best to only play on weekdays in the morning/very early afternoon, and also sometimes very late at night. I found that this system produced a lot fewer toxic game-ruining shitheels for me than trying to play at prime time or on the weekends. I'm 99% sure it's because that's when all the kids are playing, but that's just a conjecture.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if most of the people acting childish are literal children, the kinds with bedtimes.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It also wouldn't surprise me if they are adults

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

henkman posted:

It also wouldn't surprise me if they are adults

I'm pretty sure at least half of them are dogs.

On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Hmph, these children!!!!!

*plays video games at 10am on tuesday*

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm pretty sure at least half of them are dogs.

On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.

Unfortunately, until they come out with Definitely Not Nasus, everyone does know I am a dog

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Stop dying so much
It worked!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

Hmph, these children!!!!!

*plays video games at 10am on tuesday*

10 am? but thats literally the only time of day that jobs are!!!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol if you wake up before 10 am on a tuesday

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

lol if you wake up before 10 am on a tuesday

I wake up at like 6-7am pretty much every day because habits.

I also go to bed at like 1-2 am most nights also because habits.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Nunu good

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Only if you play him 50 times in normals before getting into my ranked games you fucker

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Nunu good

I love Nunu but I can't get back into using him after going on a 10 win streak with Ivern, playing him like if he was Nunu. He is stronger now, but to be effective you need to have some really good game sense to always stay ahead of the enemy jungle so you can deny them. The main thing that changed tho is that tank junglers are having a comeback and he's really effective in starving them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I joined a blind pick game and there's people arguing about who picked adc. (a duo queue claimed that they call adc but obviously they didn't but duo queuers are assholes like that).

Why isn't draft pick more popular?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Stop dying so much

I know stuff like that sounds like dickish advice but you really do need to lower the death totals, double digit deaths should be a rare occasion and not the norm, especially if you play jungle and are the one who gets to decide when and where the fights will happen, junglers should have some of the lowest death counts consistently and if you are regularly dying or giving up the first set of double buffs on badly planned dives you will fall hopelessly behind.

As the jungler your main goal is to make sure your using your time more efficiently then the other guy which means clearing as many camps as possible while still showing up to gank and deaths put a real damper on that by making you have to afk for 20-40 seconds when you could be getting more exp/gold instead.

Just try and get the feel in your head for how a fight would play out before you arrive to gank it and maybe reconsider chasing the enemy bot lane at 90% health to their tower while your own laners are at 10% and trying to farm a big wave at tower and instead have to put in the attempt to help you and probably die along with you at which point you call them bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I joined a blind pick game and there's people arguing about who picked adc. (a duo queue claimed that they call adc but obviously they didn't but duo queuers are assholes like that).

Why isn't draft pick more popular?

because if you're gonna draft pick you might as well play ranked.

• Locked thread