Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

With Gamefly make sure that the shipping preferences for your Q are what you want

I feel really stupid for asking this. Where is Shipping preferences? I've looking in my account settings and can't find anything and I've looked in my Q as well. Also tried gamefly in a browser and in the app and can't find where these preferences are.

I'm sure it's right in front of my face and I'm just not seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Weird, do other people not have this option on their Q screen?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

They might be using the phone app, which I mostly use but you cant change settings very well on it, so I have to log on a real computer to do that crap.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The controls in Dishonored 2 feel REAAAALLLY bad compared to the first one. I don't know if it's some sort of input lag or what but aiming your gun is a nightmare.

Try the demo.

I downloaded the demo and deleted it right after I went through the tutorial. The controls would have felt acceptable if it were a PS2 game but man, Dishonored 2 felt so bad coming from Doom and Titanfall 2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
man. I know I'm not making a controversial opinion or revelation here, but I finally got around to trying LUMO.

The sad thing is it could ALMOST be a really fun little game of puzzle dungeon crawling IF the controls weren't complete poopsicles.

The perspective mixed with unfun and awkward controls just makes it a slog. I mean, all it needed was solid controls and a fun "movement" feel and it would be worlds better.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe you have to be a member for so long, or they stopped doing it but kept it for already registered accounts? :iiam:

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nope I don't have it either. I think it's because I'm on a one game plan, maybe?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Godzilla07 posted:

I downloaded the demo and deleted it right after I went through the tutorial. The controls would have felt acceptable if it were a PS2 game but man, Dishonored 2 felt so bad coming from Doom and Titanfall 2.

Yeah I had a very hard time playing through it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat it twice. Its ok but once was enough.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

teh_Broseph posted:

Maybe you have to be a member for so long, or they stopped doing it but kept it for already registered accounts? :iiam:

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Nope I don't have it either. I think it's because I'm on a one game plan, maybe?
Try a different browser. I've had issues with things showing properly on Gamefly's website in the past that switching web browsers fixed. Once I needed to switch to Internet Explorer from Chrome to get a list showing properly. Another time I had to use Firefox for a button on the support page to be clickable.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I quit Dishonored 2 after the insane lady mission early on, but that's farther than I made it in Dishonored 1, which I didn't touch until the ps4 remastered version. I can only assume that type of game has not aged well.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I quit Dishonored 2 after the insane lady mission early on, but that's farther than I made it in Dishonored 1, which I didn't touch until the ps4 remastered version. I can only assume that type of game has not aged well.

I just played Dishonored 1 and its DLC towards the end of last year and it's still really good. I played the PC version though, still haven't touched Dishonored 2

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why wouldn't it have aged well? Dishonored 1 is great.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I loved Dishonored 1 and played it multiple times finding all the irony endings. I couldn't get 3 levels into 2. I hear people love it and say its "More of the same" but I don't know what it is, but its really not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Digirat posted:

Why wouldn't it have aged well? Dishonored 1 is great.

By the end I was just tornadoing people away while shooting sleep darts into people's faces until I ran out of ammo, in which case I shot bullets and then grenades. D1's pretty good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I'm surprsied to see many people who didn't like Dishonored 1. It easily goes down in the top 3 stealth-action games ever along with Thief 2, DX, and I even Thief 3 which had huge problems but very memorable level design (i can still fondly remember the mansion, clock tower, shalebridge, etc). Might even be #1. Granted I played it on PC and imo these games really benefit from being played with M+K for the precision and quickness of being able to switch weapons and stuff.

Dishonored 2 was also great and ran pretty well on my PC (GTX 97) at launch and even better after a few patches. It had all the nice QoL improvements that the Daud DLC brought and then some. The only real problem was story wasn't nearly as good and I wasn't quite feeling the Delilah thing much, but I'll be fondly remembering some of the Dishonored 2 levels many years from now, especially clockwork mansion, Dust District (time-swapping was cool), Addermire Institute, Conservatory, Grand Palace, etc. Then again I'm fairly easy to please if you just make really loving cool and detailed levels with decent sneaky-shootem gameplay to go along with it so Dishonored 2 ticked most of my boxes I enjoy.

Maybe the PS4 one runs really badly, you also had to turn off Mouse Smoothing on the PC to make aiming not lovely but once you did it was fine.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 12, 2017

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Bombadilillo posted:

I loved Dishonored 1 and played it multiple times finding all the irony endings. I couldn't get 3 levels into 2. I hear people love it and say its "More of the same" but I don't know what it is, but its really not.

Did you play as Corvo or Emily or both? I still haven't played the game myself but heard it's very similar as Corvo because but that stuff is often clearly designed around Emily's different abilities and her game is clearly a progression from what came before. I love Dishonored 1.

I'm always surprised that Thief and Thief II never got console ports (and instead we got that awful Thi4f game a couple of years ago). Despite how complex they can be the actual controls are very simple and would easily work on a gamepad. I would have bought that new Thief game if it came with even one of those on the disk. I mean even ***American McGee's Alice*** got a PS3 port.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 12, 2017

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Dishonored is an incredible game. It shares so many characteristics with Thief: steampunk decorums, a bleak society, mysterious supernatural powers, in my head it was basically Thief 4 and then they went and got Stephen Russell to voice Corvo in the sequel and by jesus I should really play Dishonored 2.

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm always surprised that Thief and Thief II never got console ports t.

I think they were just too demanding for the consoles of the time, the Playstation 2 wasn't yet quite a thing when Thief 2 came out and even that console struggled with similar games like Deus Ex. The Thief games are incredible though, I used to run through them once every few years.

Macarius Wrench fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 12, 2017

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Random question about Project Diva Future Tone: Is it set in stone that this version of Word's End Dancehall (the "live" version or something with the rather generic video, not the cool one with the trains like on Project Diva F) is the only one we're getting? That's one of the very few complaints I have about Future Tone, I really liked the Dancehall version on Diva F. I know the Ruby and Emerald costumes were added to Future Tone, but that doesn't make up for the video itself.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Spalec posted:

$40/$50 :canada: Cinematic trailer released too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6IOOWnOXlw

An interview with Naughty dog said it was around 10 hours too, so it's more a full blown expansion pack then the original DLC that was planned.

I'm still not sure I like Nadine being your bro here as she's essentially a pretty severe war criminal.

(Not to say Nathan Drake isn't, but Nadine is on a different level)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The controls in Dishonored 2 feel REAAAALLLY bad compared to the first one. I don't know if it's some sort of input lag or what but aiming your gun is a nightmare.

Try the demo.

Didn't notice any lag or problems with the aiming but the control scheme was an issue for me. Putting run on L3 and having triangle be the Lean button was annoying.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm always surprised that Thief and Thief II never got console ports (and instead we got that awful Thi4f game a couple of years ago).
Well LGS was really a PC studio at the time and it was sort of in between eras as mentioned. It's also kind of for the best since Thief 3 did get a "port", but it was really a console game that got a PC port and it showed--really badly with all the early-mid 00 consolitus problems. Really small cut up levels with loading times, and limited options dragged what could have been a phenomenal game down several notches. But it still holds high regards because of a lot of cool levels, I'm a sucker for awesome environments and levels. Partly why I love(d) Bioshock 1/2 even though gameplay was awful, even at the time.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Mason Dixon posted:

Random question about Project Diva Future Tone: Is it set in stone that this version of Word's End Dancehall (the "live" version or something with the rather generic video, not the cool one with the trains like on Project Diva F) is the only one we're getting? That's one of the very few complaints I have about Future Tone, I really liked the Dancehall version on Diva F. I know the Ruby and Emerald costumes were added to Future Tone, but that doesn't make up for the video itself.

I think there may be some crazy licensing issue with that. It's the same reason why so many of the old songs are missing their associated modules and borrow them from other songs. Japanese licensing is also the reason why we can have the song "Black Rock Shooter" but the outfit "Black Rock Shooter" is off limits.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

I don't know what it is. I loved the first one. The second wasn't bad and I finished it but I never got the same level of enjoyment out of it or had any desire to play it again.

And I've said before, I think the second is technically better in most regards. Something just didn't click and I don't know what it was.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Mordiceius posted:

I'm still not sure I like Nadine being your bro here as she's essentially a pretty severe war criminal.

(Not to say Nathan Drake isn't, but Nadine is on a different level)

Nadine is cool and fun and Drake has almost certainly indiscriminately mowed down more people solo than nadine's mercenaries have.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Does anyone here use the now service to stream games? I'm thinking about trying it but nevertheless seem much talk of it here.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just bought a 4K TV (hdr capable).

I only have a regular PS4 though. What benefits will I see? I still will get HDR in games, right?

I know it (as well as the PS4pro) only has a regular bluray player, but what about streaming YouTube/Netflix?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kingtheninja posted:

Does anyone here use the now service to stream games? I'm thinking about trying it but nevertheless seem much talk of it here.

Ive used it in the past. It works but everyones experience is different. Do the free trial

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I just bought a 4K TV (hdr capable).

I only have a regular PS4 though. What benefits will I see? I still will get HDR in games, right?

You will not. Only the Pro is HDR compatible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

Not true someone who knows more has specifics but this is false

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah regular ps4 has hdr. It just depends on if the game supports it or not

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Stop trying to spread misinformation Oxx! I usually trust you! :argh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Guess I misunderstood, then. Good to know.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Other issue is while many TVs technically support HDR now, few still actually display the full range of colors and brightness that HDR really needs. Look up your TV on rtings.com

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still need to finish Yakuza Zero, but seeing Nikishi's heel turn in the Kiwamai trailer genuinely shocked me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

Other issue is while many TVs technically support HDR now, few still actually display the full range of colors and brightness that HDR really needs. Look up your TV on rtings.com

Oh, I already know my TV isn't the full super color spectrum that the top premium TVs are, but I'm upgrading from a 39inch 1080p tv to a 55inch 4K for under $1000.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
To answer your other question Mord, the pro will stream 4k in Netflix and such but you'll have to make sure you up your Netflix account to allow for it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Lol, no, they patch HDR support into the reg ps4 before the pro even came to market. Its up to individual games to patch in support. Most everything coming out will support it from here on

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

To answer your other question Mord, the pro will stream 4k in Netflix and such but you'll have to make sure you up your Netflix account to allow for it.

Can the PS4 regular stream 4K Netflix/YouTube since it's streaming and not rendering as it would with a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Can the PS4 regular stream 4K Netflix/YouTube since it's streaming and not rendering as it would with a game?

Its not that simple, and no.

Even a roku needs the roku4 to stream 4k.

In any case Im not sure how anybodies new 4k tv doesn't run those in its own app, which are generally better then going through a secondary device. Unless its a real poo poo blackfriday model.