Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Just got back in, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Tillerson got dunked on nonstop by actual diplomats and add in a chaser bet that he tried to be all huff and puff strongman like Bannon did

yes and no, got relentlessly dunked upon but just stared at things in turgid bewilderment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

so after book chat blew up bigly last night, would CSPAM be interested in a book club being founded? I've got some ideas for the structure and would be willing to run it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pandering will get you everywhere.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

No, not toast.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I just gulp air any time I'm hungry
be careful or you'll die from overeating like so many syrian children

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Citizen Tayne posted:

when that guy played in Pittsburgh, his fans came into town and left this wonderful gift for us:

True America

white people were a mistake

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

euphronius posted:

That's just called a chicken sandwich

you're just a chicken sandwich

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Goddamnit there are so many sassy sick burn responses to this but Trump sent in a know nothing oil tycoon who will just mope goddaaaamnit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

We've got all the best poo poo, but I don't mean the military. This poo poo is just sitting there and that's why the military is so depleted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That DICK! posted:

No, not toast.

That was my takeaway as well

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

TexasGirl1 year ago (edited)
born in Mississippi, was raised on a farm and lived near a small town. I'm a totally country girl. a Girl who prefers to be around horses and hay. not in malls and spas. instead of driving a fancy convertible I drive a truck. and believe me I Love It!!!! Where i grew up we drove trucks.I Love this song because it reflects My lifestyle and how i was raised. I left my home for 4 years to go to college with my closest friends but Man i was so homesick I almost didn't make it to my graduation but I did and the Second i did My girl fiends and I came home rent a house in our small town. I realize that the life i lived its the life i want to continue. its my soul and my heart that is a country, and i'm Proud of who i am!!! this is Such as amazing song!!!!

its a romcom w/o the romance plot

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Admiral Ray posted:

TexasGirl1 year ago (edited)
born in Mississippi, was raised on a farm and lived near a small town. I'm a totally country girl. a Girl who prefers to be around horses and hay. not in malls and spas. instead of driving a fancy convertible I drive a truck. and believe me I Love It!!!! Where i grew up we drove trucks.I Love this song because it reflects My lifestyle and how i was raised. I left my home for 4 years to go to college with my closest friends but Man i was so homesick I almost didn't make it to my graduation but I did and the Second i did My girl fiends and I came home rent a house in our small town. I realize that the life i lived its the life i want to continue. its my soul and my heart that is a country, and i'm Proud of who i am!!! this is Such as amazing song!!!!

How did you find my diary?

Serf
May 5, 2011

every day the trump administration gets dumber and dumber

lol at all of this. lol at trump for wanting to exploit space and lol at nasa for wanting to let commercial industries handle poo poo in space

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Epic High Five posted:

so after book chat blew up bigly last night, would CSPAM be interested in a book club being founded? I've got some ideas for the structure and would be willing to run it

i'd give it a shot, sure.

Apr 7, 2003

comingafteryouall posted:

Bryson Smith8 months ago (edited)
a very close friend of mine died and this song played at his funeral so every time I hear this song I think of the good times.

I'm glad his friend died.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

oh my god Jinping fuckin' steamrolled trump hahaha

trump sucks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

No way Trump can move on North Korea and basically threaten China's economy by calling them a manipulator. He needs Beijing. War, my friends, is all that matters.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will read your tweets about books but asking me to read anything longer than a tweet man I don't know

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

ya. I was just realizing since I started my new job I stopped reading nearly as much. I used to just tear through books and now, not so much.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

political stuff? econ? what kinda books

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i cant promise id participate but a book club would be fun. do it.

Apr 7, 2003

Gringostar posted:

white people were a mistake

One of the guys here that's big in the cycling community says he can tell when the country music concerts are in town; when he cycles on the North Shore random people call him a human being. Never happens any other time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
im trying to get swole as gently caress but i have no idea how im supposed to eat all the protein im supposed to eat.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

reading is good and acts as a separator between leftists from trumpists now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

YouTube comments are what culturally conscious people do anyway.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pandering will get you everywhere.

That's what gets me about bro country. It is just blatant pandering and the lyrics don't make any sense beyond that.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Our president???

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We've got all the best poo poo, but I don't mean the military. This poo poo is just sitting there and that's why the military is so depleted.

yeah, it seems like halfway through he remembered that he said that the military is a mess and tried to make a word salad to explain why we "have the best technology" and it's a mess but it made no sense becuase our president is not smart but actually very very dumb.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

i already do a book club with another friend so it's questionable how well i'd be able to keep up with another one. that said, i am a voracious reader and would probably attempt to follow along regardless.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Epic High Five posted:

No one wanted to join my book club irl even though I picked some goodass books, so sure

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

im trying to get swole as gently caress but i have no idea how im supposed to eat all the protein im supposed to eat.

blend it up and drink it. protein powder is good for this but tastes like old man rear end powder

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

just a bit of a hot take for you all: trump is dumb and that is why he bombed iraq

Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

That's what gets me about bro country. It is just blatant pandering and the lyrics don't make any sense beyond that.

Republican Jock Jams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Book clubs are a good place to pick up lonely adults

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

triple sulk posted:

P sure last night's book chat was largely about fiction titles. Unless the pivot happened after I went to sleep, everyone was reminiscing about motherfucking Book It and the free personal pan pizzas.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

suck more dick

all of them in fact

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Epic High Five posted:

Just got back in, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Tillerson got dunked on nonstop by actual diplomats and add in a chaser bet that he tried to be all huff and puff strongman like Bannon did

yeah. probably.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

triple sulk posted:

exclusively john ringo novels

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

dune, over and over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

alternatively you can can blend protein powder with ranch and have a hometown favorite. mix it with maker's mark and you've got a fullly nutritious meal for on the go.

• Locked thread