Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Weirdly it turns out that Are Max is doing quite well now he's not in a manor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Weirdly it turns out that Are Max is doing quite well now he's not in a manor.

Debatable. He's in a top team and his results have been mediocre at best.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

For someone driving for the 2nd best team in indycar he's been pretty meh. only two top 10 finishes.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Sato and Alonso being teammates for the Indy 500 are what dreams are made of.

Honda didn't lie.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Debatable. He's in a top team and his results have been mediocre at best.

Isn't he sponsored by Gallagher? I hate that company so loving much.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

At least 68 dollars from Turbo Dizzle/Flesh Croissant and at least 60 from MattD1zzl3.

Im not really sure its your place to divulge what I would consider personal information?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Isn't he sponsored by Gallagher? I hate that company so loving much.

Yes. His dad owns, or at least has a stake in it iirc. The 4th Ganassi car is a "pay" car though - it wouldn't exist if it did not have a paying driver.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Im not really sure its your place to divulge what I would consider personal information?

That info is readily accessible from his rap sheets, and a forum name change is 8 bucks.

Not to mention how the hell is that personal info

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was reading an article in Motorsport and Symonds said that if the car wasn't perfect Alonso wouldn't give it his all. I'd disagree. Strongly.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

That info is readily accessible from his rap sheets, and a forum name change is 8 bucks.

Not to mention how the hell is that personal info

While we are it get rid of the red txt you gave me and my avvy back cheers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I was reading an article in Motorsport and Symonds said that if the car wasn't perfect Alonso wouldn't give it his all. I'd disagree. Strongly.

I think that's probably true of his early career but he's just been phenomenal in the past 5-6 years. 2012 was another level and if he keeps up his form this year I'd have to say he's just on another level.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also he said that he ranked the drivers he worked with. Schumi in his opinion was the fastest, followed by Alonso and then Senna. Interesting, I'd probably put that in reverse.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I think that's probably true of his early career but he's just been phenomenal in the past 5-6 years. 2012 was another level and if he keeps up his form this year I'd have to say he's just on another level.

China was simply incredible. He would have got points if the pile he was driving stayed together.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Anyone can do the math on his bans?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Indy Alonso mini-presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjb68CjRgs

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

Numbers don't go that high

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Man how cool is it that Nando will be a Indy 500 winner. Something Lewis Hamilton will never do.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Khablam posted:

Can you do the math on lost Lowtax revenue due to free av changes?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Someone is salty today!

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

Man how cool is it that Nando will be a Indy 500 winner. Something Lewis Hamilton will never do.

Lewis still thinks IndyCars race on dirt. How "worldly" of him.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In his defense, Indycars on dirt would be 10 times more entertaining than how they do it now.

Norns posted:

Man how cool is it that Nando will be a Indy 500 winner mechanical DNF. Something Lewis Hamilton will never do.

Fixed, Every Le Mans car he touches will blow up, too.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

If he wins I'm going to phone in sick for a week.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Lmbo.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Someone is salty today!

Your right I do feel salty and I apologise. Ive had flu the past two days but today it turned into something much worse and I now have man-flu. Pray for me fellow Worsties, im in for a rough night.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The only sickness I have is Nando-fever. And let me tell you, I'm burning up.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

China was simply incredible. He would have got points if the pile he was driving stayed together.

But we have nothing to compare it against. Vandoorne is all over the place and until he settles down and the car stops blowing up, we only really got Alonsos word for it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan*, but the last 2 races he has sounded like he was busy selling his own performances.

*I'm much less of a fan now that he's decided to go and play roundabouts. What a waste.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I got a F1 dog vid from testing this year in Barca: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRv6-7HgGpv/?taken-by=mmmmray

it was cool

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Your right I do feel salty and I apologise. Ive had flu the past two days but today it turned into something much worse and I now have man-flu. Pray for me fellow Worsties, im in for a rough night.

Look on the bright side, if it kills you its an escape from The Worst Thread :shrug:

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

gret posted:

Want to see Alonso team up with Big Juan at Le Mans.

Can you imagine if they both completed the triple crown at the same time? I think I could die happy that day.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Get Nico to walk a few blocks and drive the McLaren in Monaco imo

Can you imagine if he beat Lewis and claimed his 4th Monaco victory? I think I could die happy that day.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Speaking of Indy, I watched a bit of Long Beach and one thing that stood out was the lack of blankets or warmers and how that affected the amount of overtaking. Exiting the pits on cold rubber saw drivers continue to lose positions until they could build temperature and leverage their new advantage, keeping more of the action on track instead of it being a contest of gaps and pit intervals.
At this I recalled F1 trying to ban warmers a few years ago but Pirelli balked at developing new compounds so the proposal was shelved. Why didn't they ban them this year since that couldn't be used as an excuse anymore?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

eriddy posted:

I got a F1 dog vid from testing this year in Barca: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRv6-7HgGpv/?taken-by=mmmmray

it was cool

So this is how celeb spotting works

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nill posted:

Speaking of Indy, I watched a bit of Long Beach and one thing that stood out was the lack of blankets or warmers and how that affected the amount of overtaking. Exiting the pits on cold rubber saw drivers continue to lose positions until they could build temperature and leverage their new advantage, keeping more of the action on track instead of it being a contest of gaps and pit intervals.
At this I recalled F1 trying to ban warmers a few years ago but Pirelli balked at developing new compounds so the proposal was shelved. Why didn't they ban them this year since that couldn't be used as an excuse anymore?

You also saw that some drivers (Dixon, for example) had no issues getting up to speed on cold rubber, whereas Rossi struggled mightily after his first stop.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

McGuinty posted:

Can you imagine if he beat Lewis and claimed his 4th Monaco victory? I think I could die happy that day.

I think I would literally forego watching Nando win the Indy 500 if that were to happen. The salty tears would be the best thing of all time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I think I would literally forego watching Nando win the Indy 500 if that were to happen. The salty tears would be the best thing of all time.

*Lewis drives car into the bay*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want to see someone put their car on the water once. Don't care who

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think that happens in the film Grand Prix

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why hasn't red bull built an amphibious F1 car yet? you'd think it would be easy, it's already got a snorkel, it's already really light and made of boaty stuff. Just seal up a bunch of gaps and stuff and go boatin.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

track day bro! posted:

Why would they bring back a terrible fraud driver like Button, he's poo poo.

:chloe:

I would accept Nico as a substitution. It would be good no matter what happened. And incredible if he crashed out Hamilton while being lapped.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

:chloe:

I would accept Nico as a substitution. It would be good no matter what happened. And incredible if he crashed out Hamilton while being lapped.

Even better: Nico pips Hamilton to pole and leads to the finish whilst setting fastest lap.

The meltdown would be jizzworthy. I'd be loving cross-eyed for all 50-something laps.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Even better: Nico pips Hamilton to pole and leads to the finish whilst setting fastest lap.

The meltdown would be jizzworthy. I'd be loving cross-eyed for all 50-something laps.

Could you imagine if this happens and then Hamilton loses the championship to Vettel by a couple of points? It'd be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

McGuinty posted:

Can you imagine if they both completed the triple crown at the same time? I think I could die happy that day.

Can you imagine him binning Lewis while getting lapped and immediately hopping out of the car and walking back home

• Locked thread