Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Burned my 4* ticket = Snow

Burned my 1/2 pull = Agrias

Burned a 500 since they gave some free = Agrias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Dark Esper ELT trial trip report:

Way easier than Gilgamesh. You can 2 turn it with two Cid chainers + finisher. I used Xon to steal their buffs, Ling to aoe def/spr break, Cid, friend-Cid, and Olive as the finisher. You can get 2/3 of the missions in one attempt.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Gyoru posted:

Way easier than Gilgamesh. You can 2 turn it with two Cid chainers + finisher. I used Xon to steal their buffs, Ling to aoe def/spr break, Cid, friend-Cid, and Olive as the finisher. You can get 2/3 of the missions in one attempt.

well sure, if you have a Cid. :/

e: I have literally none of those units.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 12, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Gyoru posted:

I have exactly 1 of those units(Xon), and I can't even steal the buffs because I don't have the mats to awaken him.

Deleted some extra units, and most of my Freija moogles, to claim the bundle. Use 4*+ ticket...for my 4th Xon. Buy the 300 lapis egg + ticket bundle...Cecil. Bleh. I mean, I know the odds of a rainbow are small, and I should be happy with my single rainbow I've pulled in the month I've played, but I'd really like another person able to put out good damage.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 12, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bet the 5 TGC squads had it easy too

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, Chamber of Gems - what's the deal with the different rooms? Does each room give different types of materials, and if so, which room gives which type?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Clearing units to make room for these 25 Cactuars and I realized I have pulled a career total of TWENTY TWO Shantottos. I'd been sitting on 15 of them for grinding but I decided it was time to say gently caress it and grind 21 of them into 1 TM.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KDdidit posted:

drat that's a lot of nice free stuff in the inbox. Guaranteed 4* tickets seem cool.

guess who used it immediately instead of save it for a future banner with a really strong 4*. also i got an off banner hope anyway, but still maybe not wise :v:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

guess who used it immediately instead of save it for a future banner with a really strong 4*. also i got an off banner hope anyway, but still maybe not wise :v:

I got a Rosa. 8 golds this banner and no Xon yet

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Besides Ling, there is only 1 4* out I currently want, and that's WoL so my ticket is getting saved till either Rikku or if there is a banner with WoL once his 6* comes out.

Managed to clear the no ko requirement on dark ifrit/siren. Turns out with Large Sword Mastery my Orlandeau has 999 attack. I'll probably go back and try for the Robe next. Maxing Rain's 6* actually turned out to be useful, thanks to undermine.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Is anyone else getting this weird display when doing their friend summons? Every so often today I'll do a 2k summon and I'll see the standard mix of blue/gold/rainbow crystals coming down, and every time it makes me think I accidentally did a 500 lapis rare summon. :psyduck:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Managed to clear the no ko requirement on dark ifrit/siren. Turns out with Large Sword Mastery my Orlandeau has 999 attack. I'll probably go back and try for the Robe next. Maxing Rain's 6* actually turned out to be useful, thanks to undermine.

This is another trial where I'll have to wait for people who don't have Orlandu and Olive to figure out how to get through this poo poo.

I don't know why I even bother trying to day 1 these stupid trials because they're all gimmicky as poo poo. It took three tries to get through the PRO mission.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 12, 2017

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Anyone's 1100+ Olive can solo ADV dark ifrit and it gives 130k exp for 10 energy, so this might get fixed, way better than exp vortex.

Should mention I used Xon to steal ifrits buff, in case it makes a difference.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
So yeah, I used that 4* Ticket immediately and finally got my Xon.

In other news, I've done 75,000 eggs worth of summons since the update and received a single Guard Heavicryst. They don't seem common at all.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Tipme posted:

Anyone's 1100+ Olive can solo ADV dark ifrit and it gives 130k exp for 10 energy, so this might get fixed, way better than exp vortex.

Should mention I used Xon to steal ifrits buff, in case it makes a difference.

A 918+ ATK Orlandu can do it as well. I'm leveling my Xon this way. What I do is cast dispel with Xon, then Divine Ruination or True Shot with the friend unit. Once you dispel the buff the enemies drop easily.

With 2 exp eggs, this is super amazing for power leveling.

edit: The Orlandu must be over 900 ATK, just tried it with an 886 ATK one and did not get the job done. Not sure how much over though.

edit 2: 918 ATK Orlandu was close but didn't do it either, health bar was below the point I could see it so above 920 should be safe.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 12, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Used ticket, got a second Soleil. This game is truly hateful.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
can the 4* ticket pull a 5* base or is it only limited to gold crystal pulls?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

MohShuvuu posted:

can the 4* ticket pull a 5* base or is it only limited to gold crystal pulls?

I hear it's 5% chance at a 5*.

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
Burned my 4* Ticket and finally got a Xon, now I don't have to worry about that. I can't save any tickets until I have ONE elite unit like greg/noctis etc.

I burned a bit over 200k metal eggs today as well and have 6 total heavicrysts. This grind is going to take a while.
I think I'm actually happier they went with lovely unit enhancements first, I should have enough heavicrysts by the time they give us Ramza or Chiz or anyone else good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is the Basket Of Eggs worth it? 300 Lapis for 1,000 Metal Eggs and a Rare Summon Ticket?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

Is the Basket Of Eggs worth it? 300 Lapis for 1,000 Metal Eggs and a Rare Summon Ticket?

Is 300 lapis worth a summon for you?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Did some of the dungeon bosses get buffed or something?

I used to take out Fire Shrine in 1 volley of chains or LBs. Now the LBs do 1/4 health, while my chain set up does 3/4 damage total.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

I used to take out Fire Shrine in 1 volley of chains or LBs. Now the LBs do 1/4 health, while my chain set up does 3/4 damage total.

People are reporting several different bosses have gotten that treatment this patch.

Progress from this patch, thanks to macroing getting eggs: Main team(Cecil, Noctis, Chizuru, Exdeath, Y'shtola) all max level 6*, Minfilia, Xon, and Chizuru #2 max level 4 star(lack the awakening mats for either of them), Rain went from level 1 3* to max level 5*. Ifrit, Diablos, Golem, and Odin all 2* espers now(not max level 2* yet, just far enough to get most critical skills for them). It may not be impressive to most people on here, but my Noctis is now over 500 atk w/ ghetto dual wield. 1.3 million gil.

Overall this event has skyrocketed my progress in this game. Now if only I could get a Freija...

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 12, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

One of the previous patches had inadvertently nerfed a bunch of bosses. Looks like they've fixed them.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I'm also seeing dramatically reduced rates of eggs dropped from chests. Last week it was about 75% chance I got a drop out of a chest, 25% item only. Now it's like 90% chance of a ln item only in the box. Gonna be a long rear end grind.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cheezed Ifrit and Siren with dual Orlandus, got the robe and mastery. Couldn't get the Moogle, I spent a few Lapis refreshes trying then realized how retarded that was. Maybe some day I'll try again.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Hm, Seven's AoE Osmose is pretty cheap to awaken. I'll probably pull the trigger on it to gently caress with people in arena.

Though, I still haven't gotten confirmation from anyone that arena AI uses the awakened version of abilities. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Took me three attempts to figure out when to press the Olive button, but also blasted through Ifrit & Siren. Olive now sitting at 1130 from the Claw reward and TGCid's at 884 on Ifrit and with a Confusion Immunity belt on if anyone is still using him to complete the trial.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gyoru posted:

:shepface: cool, rolling two of the strongest 5* base units is all it takes to make this easy? Good to know. I'll get right on that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

:shepface: cool, rolling two of the strongest 5* base units is all it takes to make this easy? Good to know. I'll get right on that.

No 5* base units, no TMRs, all missions completed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAsAN79AYk (not me)

Edit: Hm, he has a 5* base Y'shtola. Cheater.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

dangerous.hotdog posted:

No 5* base units, no TMRs, all missions completed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAsAN79AYk (not me)

Neato, I just got my Y'shtola to 6* too. Soon enough I'll get her to max level and be able to do this. She'll have to hold off until I can finally grind out a dual cast.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm seeing Orlandu buddies with over 1k ATK due to the L Sword mastery matery. :getin:

Langolas posted:

Well holy poo poo.

Last 3 days

Day 1 - Freeeyiyivia
Day 2 - Delitta
Day 3 - daily - 3* banner unit. Bored so I burned a ticket to tempt my coworker to start playing again. Another Freiyiviviviviaiva

I pulled two TGCids on his banner too

5 rainbows in the past month with no 11 pulls. I'm going to Vegas, who's coming with me?

Get both Freyvia TMs and run Freyvia/Freyvia/Orlandu/Orlandu/Refia with an Olive buddy and annihilate everything in 1 turn or die trying.

Gyoru posted:

Just did this with my ~700atk Orlandu and a 940atk buddy along with my Olive. Ifrit on the buddy and Olive, no bird killer passives equipped to anyone. Going to craft a pair of bird killers and go back later to 5 man it for the robe. :lol: at bothering with the dumb 10% moogle. Reminder that fights like this trial are why Gumi started buffing bosses against holy damage. Swapping out a follower's oath for L Sword Mastery was a 75atk improvement for Orlandu. :toot:

hagie posted:

I'm also seeing dramatically reduced rates of eggs dropped from chests. Last week it was about 75% chance I got a drop out of a chest, 25% item only. Now it's like 90% chance of a ln item only in the box. Gonna be a long rear end grind.

Farming the 4 bears is still about 3.5-5k eggs per run for me.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Neato, I just got my Y'shtola to 6* too. Soon enough I'll get her to max level and be able to do this. She'll have to hold off until I can finally grind out a dual cast.

Y'sh and Minnie make an incredible combo. I'm glad they were practically free to everyone.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I got impatient. Orlandu/Olive/Xon/Rain and a buddy Orlandu had zero issues clearing it without bird killer and I feel dumb for having brought Refia the first time since I had to waste 40 stam to go back again.

I'm not sure who I'll give the robe to. Vestments of Faith giving Refia auto-refresh is really nice. Maybe I'll toss it on WoL for when his 6* comes out. :shrug:

e: has anyone tried to one-round Gilgamesh with an Orlandu pair and Olive yet?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 13, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

due to all my random base 5* luck lately i wasnt paying attention and it turns out i only have enough rainbow bloom to 6* one of xon or minfilia. if i have to do dark ifrit/siren legit i need the minfilia i suppose

PaybackJack posted:

A 918+ ATK Orlandu can do it as well. I'm leveling my Xon this way. What I do is cast dispel with Xon, then Divine Ruination or True Shot with the friend unit. Once you dispel the buff the enemies drop easily.

With 2 exp eggs, this is super amazing for power leveling.

edit: The Orlandu must be over 900 ATK, just tried it with an 886 ATK one and did not get the job done. Not sure how much over though.

edit 2: 918 ATK Orlandu was close but didn't do it either, health bar was below the point I could see it so above 920 should be safe.

i did it with like a 912~ orlandu buddy by having one of my two units i was leveling equiped with siren, as long as you dispel with one unit and attack song with the other it will do it easily.

i wonder if chiz/luneth/gilgamesh/friend olive can chain well enough to one round ifrit on elite since my own olive is only 650 attacks with no tms. or i guess i can try and use gilgamesh tri-attack as the finisher with an orlandu since my gilgamesh has dual wield and excalibur

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 13, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So whats the strat for the dark summons?

Just explode them?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you have the means you can two round elite, but i would bet you that an extremely tanky team of xon/minfilia/y'shtola/cecil/ling with a whale friend could outlast the fight too

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shoenin posted:

So whats the strat for the dark summons?

Just explode them?

If you can run a pair of Orlandus just dispel (or twist of fate if you have Xon) Ifrit on round 1 and blow him up, then repeat the same on Siren for round 2. If you have a good finisher, especially Olive, it's not too bad.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I got an Orlandu and can use another buddy whale Orlandu to cheese the fight.

also they can be broken? Or just dispel works on em?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

FIghting in the Arena gets me kind of depressed.

I feel like I am the only one without a Noctis.

• Locked thread