Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

Me too, in that I think he exists :j:
Nah, he's not real. He's a myth, just a story mods tell naughty newbies who don't post enough. "The Lumpen's going to replace in and List you if you keep lurking..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
did anyone else catch merk on yesterday's jeopardy? he did pretty good until he made a stupid bid in final jeopardy

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

did anyone else catch merk on yesterday's jeopardy? he did pretty good until he made a stupid bid in final jeopardy

I dont watch jeopardy. Sorry I missed you on Jeopardy merk!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

I thought this was serious for a moment and got excited

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it is serious, it was almost as great as that time mills was on fear factor and they had the milk chugging contest

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

was it just a guy that looked like merk?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thejeopardyfan.com/2017/04/quick-recap-todays-final-jeopardy-4-11-2017.html/amp

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

was it just a guy that looked like merk?

None of these folks look like merk, no. None are even close?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
merk is clearly their collective consciousness and has no need for a physical form. Great job on Jeopardy merk.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

remember that time merk's mom pranked him by pretending she was sending him to military school

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No seriously guys, he was on Jeopardy. He was in the lead for most of the game.

The final jeopardy was Movies, the question was "This 1990 Gangster movie by the Cohen Brothers stars Gabriel Byrne as Tom Reagan who plays two rival gangs against each other."

Merk wrote down "mafia???" and the answer was of course Miller's Crossing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

A conspiracy unfolds...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816882

Come play ecco game! I promise it won't be all-vanilla. It's actually a really neat setup!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

A conspiracy unfolds...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816882

Come play ecco game! I promise it won't be all-vanilla. It's actually a really neat setup!

Also, I've signed up for it and I haven't played a game in a month or so.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why would that help and why would anyone care

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*sobs into his hands before running away*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Diqnol posted:

Why would that help and why would anyone care

caring is the new not caring

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

Also, I've signed up for it and I haven't played a game in a month or so.

this except I haven't played a game since 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

same except I haven't signed up for it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

This except since last week

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
heres a confirmation: Solium Infernum: A Soldiers Mafia Game: Recruitment thread opening Tuesday, April 18th

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone good at Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and free to play it at 8:30 Eastern tonight?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Is anyone good at Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and free to play it at 8:30 Eastern tonight?

This is an important thing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I love this game

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Not GOOD at it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

I've never played it in my life so imo I'm ideal.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

I've never played it in my life so imo I'm ideal.

m as in mancy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

m as in mancy

lmbo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We played it and it went well!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi all, stickup got me watching hockey and I have Eastside Hockey Manager on steam so I decided "Well I might as well do Mafia Hockey."

Picking a semi random team, I have decided to replace Arizona Coyotes with Mumbles Scumhunters. I'm gonna do a random draft to rebuild the league so I can't just look up "Who should I try to sign?"

Quote this post or PM me if you would like to be included, preferably with a position you would like to play.

I know nothing about hockey. I hope I do not get fired in the first season :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ice or Grass? :nyoron:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

chaoslord posted:

Hi all, stickup got me watching hockey and I have Eastside Hockey Manager on steam so I decided "Well I might as well do Mafia Hockey."

Picking a semi random team, I have decided to replace Arizona Coyotes with Mumbles Scumhunters. I'm gonna do a random draft to rebuild the league so I can't just look up "Who should I try to sign?"

Quote this post or PM me if you would like to be included, preferably with a position you would like to play.

I know nothing about hockey. I hope I do not get fired in the first season :ohdear:

I'll be goon.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

right wing, right handed, finesse/speed, positioning

e: actually make that centre

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

goalie lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
fate of the furious was loving great.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

fate of the furious was loving great.

Don't you mean

gr8?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Ice or Grass? :nyoron:

ice

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Winners don't do drugs

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

Center captain wayne Gretzky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

I'll be goon.

This was a good movie