Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would consider trading in my current system towards a new version with SNES themed controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Astro7x posted:

It makes sense financially, but I am really surprised that the MK8 bundle doesn't have unique Joycons

That's a solid line up of games for those getting the system this Christmas

Don't forget Xenoblade 2 is totally definitely coming out this year.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
NINTENDO RELEASE THE VC GOD drat IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The only game I really really wish they would port to the Switch is TMS#FE because I never finished it and it was dope as gently caress and I don't want to hook up my Wii U to a TV in order to play it. SIGH such is life!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

NINTENDO RELEASE THE VC GOD drat IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only game I really really wish they would port to the Switch is TMS#FE because I never finished it and it was dope as gently caress and I don't want to hook up my Wii U to a TV in order to play it. SIGH such is life!

This but every other first/second party Wii U game too.

I really think we'll get VC today in some form.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's the real Persona 5 right there. The current Persona 5 is actually Persona 6

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dont do it

dont release the VC

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I beat it but I would replay it again if it was ported just for the awesome music.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Virtual Console won't come out until every pirated Amiibo is destroyed.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
wouldnt nintendo say the direct is about vc if it was about vc

why do you all think they are constantly going to spring surprise announcements on you

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Saying the direct is mostly about Splatoon and Arms but also other things leads people to decide that they're announcing the things, all of the things.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo announces the Virtual Console: amiibo Party. All games on the VC are only unlockable with amiibo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kashuno posted:

Nintendo announces the Virtual Console: amiibo Party. All games on the VC are only unlockable with amiibo.

Heck yes time for BALLOON FIGHT AMIIBO

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

It's going to be about Arms and Splatoon 2 with some FE 3ds coverage and maybe a few trailers for other stuff at the end. Don't be delusional for some big mic drop lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kashuno posted:

only unlockable with legally obtained amiibo software and hardware, I hope!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I'd think they might talk about today would be the voice chat/party app.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kashuno posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/amiibo-tap-nintendos-greatest-bits-wii-u

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

First Switch era non-Iwata Direct :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

only unlockable with legally obtained amiibo software and hardware, I hope!

Using pirated amiibo results in pirated versions of the games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kashuno posted:

Using pirated amiibo results in pirated versions of the games.

I'm picturing like a scenario something out of the pirated copies of Ghostbusters with the immortal candlesticks only it's like Super Mario World but the mushrooms don't work.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you scan the NFC tag and a cracktro with amiga music starts playing

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Kashuno posted:

I beat it but I would replay it again if it was ported just for the awesome music.

I was up to the part with the Egg and then I had to move across the country and packed it away and still haven't gotten settled yet so I guess they've got a few months to announce a port before I eventually do get it hooked back up and go back to it. Oh Tsubasa, how I miss your optimism!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Checking the coming soon section of the Nintendo site JIC something interesting rocked up
Puyo Puyo Tetris is launching for $30USD
Which is ~$40AUD

HOWEVER
The Aussie eShop lists it for $52AUD ($40 USD) tho
Good ol Just-cause-you're-Aussie tax

Thank gently caress for region free eShops. :allears:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Checking the coming soon section of the Nintendo site JIC something interesting rocked up
Which is ~$40AUD

HOWEVER

But what about the quality japanese to Australian translation???? You might not understand the game!!!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

That suggested games release list for 2017 is wrong because Mario will surely be their pre-Thanksgiving week release. Nintendo always goes at that particular date with something strong to bolster the holiday season, and Mario is going to be huge for them. No way it comes out in October.

Also, that list does look pretty good, assuming that ARMS isn't trash and that the e-shop/VC manages to bolster the lineup.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Which is ~$40AUD

HOWEVER

lmbo.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Have you considered not living in a hellscape that censors even Peppa Pig?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i think australia and the switch are both good

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I finally beat BotW so my thread blackout is over... I missed 11k posts, anything noteworthy? Is Nintendo still doomed? Is BotW a poo poo game now?

Did anyone weigh in on Has-Been Heroes? How is it playing on a controller? It's also on Steam and kind of looks like playing with a mouse might be better, but would like something else to play on my Switch.

Did that Master Blaster game ever get pro controller support? If not gently caress them.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
we in the uk, along with over top, are getting fatal fury too in the next few weeks. only on, the neo geo switch.

oh and if that russian mario kart bundle is true is gives some truth to this hilarious poo poo: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/372872764/nintendo-direct

80 vc releases in may? yeah, ok. sure.

then again, i hope that hard mode lame poo poo is true because i am really wanting an excuse to not spend another 200 hours playing this loving game. only way i'll replay if hard mode turns out to be some kind of insane survival mode and dark souls bosses. that 50 level cave of trials and air dungeons sounds sweet tho.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 12, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Found a pro controller. Feels nice.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Did that Master Blaster game ever get pro controller support? If not gently caress them.

It got it like a week later

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Norns posted:

Found a pro controller. Feels nice.

Yeah they do. I picked mine up after not using it for a week and I was amazed how much better it felt that my Xbox One controller.

I was lamenting that I don't have a reliable way to bring it to work in my bag without a stick getting bumped and the controller searching for a connection.

Then I remember the pro controller's battery is a loving champ so I bring it anyways.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like.. digital price hikes are so bad in Australia the government summoned Microsoft, Apple, and Adobe to explain themselves a couple of years ago (At the time it was literally cheaper to fly to the USA, buy Photoshop, then fly back instead of purchasing it digitally here)

Australia is one of the biggest piraters of media content in the world, the reason being that we've been getting ripped the gently caress off for years for what essentially boils down to simply living overseas for the exact same content hosted on the exact same servers in the US.

I think a lot of Aussies really don't mind paying for their media.
We're just super loving tired of paying 30-40% more just because.
All we want is a fair crack of the whip.

I'm not particularly interested in buying Puyo Puyo Tetris for $40AUD ($30USD) off the US eShop, but I sure as gently caress wouldn't be buying it for $52AUD ($40USD) on the Aussie eShop if I was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you lads in the US suddenly had to start paying 30-40% more per digital product you wouldn't cop a bar of it, so why should we?

:filez:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That said I cannot loving wait to start importing cheap as gently caress Switch games from Amazon.com when they have deeply discounted games later.

Region free :allears:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Infinitum posted:

If you lads in the US suddenly had to start paying 30-40% more per digital product you wouldn't cop a bar of it, so why should we?

:filez:

Using your criminal roots to justify your thievery, how Australian of you!

j/k steal whatever you want, it's all gonna be worthless once the emp from the nukes destroys the grid anyway.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

nice piracy meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've been feeling depressed all day today so I'm looking forward to this Direct to help cheer me up

• Locked thread