Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think Ann was also supposed to be talking about Fujiko Mine when she starts going on about some anime character who inspired her or whatever, in her social link??

Yea shes definitely talking about Fujiko in the most "we are trying to dodge copyright" way possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Makoto's all out attack portrait is the best thing about her and that's high praise cause it loving rules

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

UberJew posted:

please do not date your teacher

even if she is cool and good

While she may not die for me like other confidants, she makes coffee and curry for me, lets me dick around in nearly every class, and gives me massages so that even when I conquer the metaverse, I can still attempt to conquer the Big Bang Burger challenge in the same day.

I mean when you have someone doing all that for you you're practically dating anyways.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone find it odd how MC's parents are OK with their son having a criminal record but no history of violence? I know adults are bad but his parents are just :confused:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Meme Emulator posted:

Ryuji started doing a Lupin III hand grab when he was looking at Ann in the bikini, and I guess she got the ref too because she just started play hitting him. This doesnt relate to what you said at all im just stream of conciousness posting.

Ann is a chill ladybro and I too enjoyed that scene. It certainly wasn't the stereotypical response I was expecting

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Alder posted:

Anyone find it odd how MC's parents are OK with their son having a criminal record but no history of violence? I know adults are bad but his parents are just :confused:

They are absolutely not okay with it.

They boot him out. :v:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alder posted:

Probably caved to pressure from their peers, but yeah, odd that it never really comes up.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

UberJew posted:

please do not date your teacher

even if she is cool and good

too late

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Who cares about the parents, Joker is gonna get adopted into the Sakura family and make coffee + curry forever

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hunt11 posted:

She claims that she wants to watch a movie by her favorite director but in reality she just wants a friend to go watch a Yakuza movie with.

She's also really into it while watching and it owns, Makotowns.

Also unlocked the electric chair, I turned the treasure demon I had into a resist physical accessory which is neat, anything useful I can get out of this?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Moltrey posted:

Makoto's all out attack portrait is the best thing about her and that's high praise cause it loving rules

It's a fun change of pace that what you expect to be the stereotypical reserved shy girl is actually the MURDER QUEEN OF THE APOCALYPSE. Her all-out cut-in is just 500% "Done with everyone's bullshit" and it's amazing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

Who cares about the parents, Joker is gonna get adopted into the Sakura family and make coffee + curry forever

:yeah:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Makoto is powerful.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Do I have to do something besides unlock the Electric Chair function to do weapon and item transmutation? Because right now all I seem to be able to do is turn personas into skill cards.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

JT Jag posted:

Do I have to do something besides unlock the Electric Chair function to do weapon and item transmutation? Because right now all I seem to be able to do is turn personas into skill cards.

It's just dependent on the persona. Most give skill cards, a few give items.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

this girl's bout to punch the taste outta my mouth

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Moltrey posted:

this girl's bout to punch the taste outta my mouth

i'm okay with this

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

KonvexKonkav posted:

The only thing that I miss in this game is that Foreign Barker isn't a confidant.

I don't like but do appreciate how most (2/3?) of the interactions MC can have with him are basically, threatening him, complaining or saying he'll complain to his manager etc, even though Foreign Barker seems like a very cool guy.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Weird that the thread never talks about shogi girl anymore

Guess she does get pretty overshadowed by Makoto and Kawakami though

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Hifumi more than Kawakami.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DO IT TO IT posted:

Do you think she talks like that in the bedroom cause that's a deal-maker for me

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like I'm an outlier in saying I like the third dungeon's music. It's short and repetitive and gently caress it's in my head

also Makoto's lil jump cause she's so amped up in battle is cute

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Nah, Price is a good song. I don't like the version that plays in the second half as much though.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kind of pissed that you don't get a badass sword for Yusuke from electrocuting Orochi

I assume the most OP gear is still from sacrificing Persona, I just don't have the top tier ones yet

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Do you think she talks like that in the bedroom cause that's a deal-maker for me

Without a doubt.

TheFireMagi posted:

Nah, Price is a good song. I don't like the version that plays in the second half as much though.

The 2nd version is bad to go along with the 2nd half of the dungeon being bad. It was my favourite Palace track until Whims of Fate though.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Saint Freak posted:

drat, Makoto has competition again.

I mostly just wish she was a party member.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She almost was

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Price is good and Whims of Fate is amazing but I will still forever have a soft spot for When My Mother Was There. It's too good. Also nobody else has pointed it out but it's kind of amazing how Futaba's Palace is basically Eggman's pyramid base from Sonic Adventure 2.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zore posted:

Those are literally the only two references to any other Persona game unless you count Igor.

There is one more: a news story mentions a employee at Will Duck Burger doing something crazy

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I've heard people down on Palace 7, but I liked it. The encounters with the 5 VIPS who you get letters of introduction from were memorable, especially the Yakuza guy and Ann acting like British royalty. And there were cool character moments for the main cast

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea shes definitely talking about Fujiko in the most "we are trying to dodge copyright" way possible
I got the impression she was talking about Doronjo from Yatterman, considering the character she's talking about seemed to be A) a villain who appeared in every episode and B) the leader of her own gang.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just sent out the 7th palace calling card. Goddamn this game owns.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I've been playing this loving game for 40 hours and I haven't seen a single Hulk Hogan, this is bullshit.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's a fun change of pace that what you expect to be the stereotypical reserved shy girl is actually the MURDER QUEEN OF THE APOCALYPSE. Her all-out cut-in is just 500% "Done with everyone's bullshit" and it's amazing.

she goes from 0 to gently caress THIS poo poo IM OUT and smashing through a door on a motorcycle in what

30 seconds?

v. important if you are ever giving a gift to makoto that you give her the motorcycle figurine from akihabara, so she can geek out about it

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Probably caved to pressure from their peers, but yeah, odd that it never really comes up.

Yes, it's just odd since we have real cases where parents either are in denial or completely disown them. I hoped they would clarify that later but so far nothing.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Alder posted:

Yes, it's just odd since we have real cases where parents either are in denial or completely disown them. I hoped they would clarify that later but so far nothing.

since shujin academy seems pretty expensive and a university prep school we can extrapolate that they're well-off enough to probably be the same sort of assholes as they see at the buffet or etc

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I appreciate how even in the case of the Sun arcana link--- Sun arcana spoilers by the way--- where you're becoming friends with this middle-aged washed-up politician--- the moral of the story is "old people are the worst".

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Makoto is like half goth with the haircut and red eyes, but Tae and Shadow Sae gon get me cheating

Really wish I didn't mouse over that!

DO IT TO IT posted:

Guess she does get pretty overshadowed by Makoto and Kawakami though

Welp.

The beach date was cute, 3 way tie between Makoto, Futaba and Hifumi; but Futaba said "KEK" so I don't know about her any more.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Double post