Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

Still need to watch [...] the last three episodes of Walking Dead.

You really don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I still need to sit down and watch it! But it probably won't happen until after our vacation. I've got so much crap to watch: 2nd half of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Legion, this season of Flash, Arrow, and LoT, 2 seasons of AoS, and that's just the comic book shows! Still need to watch last season of the Strain and the last three episodes of Walking Dead.

I've been having trouble catching up on my backlog, stuff just isn't grabbing me. Legion hooked me like crazy, I couldn't put it down, so to speak.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TwoPair posted:

You really don't.

Well since I enjoy watching it, I really do.

But thanks!!! :thumbsup:

zoux posted:

I've been having trouble catching up on my backlog, stuff just isn't grabbing me. Legion hooked me like crazy, I couldn't put it down, so to speak.

Yeah I think that's part of it. When I do try to watch something, I'm half tired and I just want to veg out on some random dumb show.

Also Mass Effect: Andromeda hasn't helped matters.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Watch Legion, skip everything else.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Legion is on a channel I don't get so I am left hoping it comes in Canada Netflix. Arrow has been my fave comic tv show this year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

Legion is on a channel I don't get so I am left hoping it comes in Canada Netflix. Arrow has been my fave comic tv show this year.

It's on Hulu, which I only found out about after I bought the season on Amazon. I dunno how different Canadian Hulu is.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Man, if Rhyo has changed his position on AoS then I am fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I watched the first and part of second seasons week to week, recently caught up and binged the rest of 2, then 3 and part of 4, and I'm still watching it now and...

...It's ok but I really don't get the level of love and praise it gets around here (and elsewhere.) It can be fun and funny. It has good action and some good performances. Sometimes there's a bone thrown to comic or MCU fans. But overall It's just ok. Everytime I'm in the AoS TV/IV thread I get cognitive dissonance.

Still need to watch last season of the Strain

Do yourself a favor and pull out now while you still have the chance, because if you get all the way to the finale and see a thing that happens happen you're going to want to kick yourself in the genitals.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

It's on Hulu, which I only found out about after I bought the season on Amazon. I dunno how different Canadian Hulu is.

As far as Hulu goes I don't think it's available in Canada.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

As far as Hulu goes I don't think it's available in Canada.

Ah too bad. I'll say it's definitely worth the $20 bucks it costs for the season pass on iTunes/Amazon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've given AoS like three different tries when people said, "no seriously it's actually good now." I'm not letting this thread trick me a fourth time.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean it's been good for like four years now so if you're not into it you might just never be into it. Which is cool, people have different glands or whatever. I even find myself zoning in and out of the hype, though that might just be due to its ridiculous airing schedule which is godawful by most standards.

It's just objectively idiotic when people say those DCTV shows -- which have ranged from "pretty enjoyable" to "so bad it's good" to "just loving bad" this year -- are still kicking its rear end or whatever. Oh no, poor beleaguered AoS...how will it possibly compete with Yet Another Evil Speedster This Year and The Only Good Episode Has Been A Glee Rerun? It's not 2013 anymore, boyos; update your dank memes.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 12, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dexo posted:

Turns out people recommend stuff they like.
Particularly with something like AoS where it started out really crappy and had a sizeable jump in quality.

I didn't love seasons 2 and 3 but they were decent. 4 has been really good though. I wish we could get more Ghost Rider. :(

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dexo posted:

Turns out people recommend stuff they like.

Yeah, but its an incredibly specific thing to like, that necessitates a love/tolerance for soap opera plotlines, cheap budgets, and standard comic book finales/climaxes. There are people recommending AoS without any of those caveats for people not as plugged into comic books as they might be, and I think that's a little misleading.

Like I can recommend Legion to anyone, but if I'm gonna recommend Flash S1 to anyone, I throw in alot of "uh buts" and "if you're into that sort of thing."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, but its an incredibly specific thing to like, that necessitates a love/tolerance for soap opera plotlines, cheap budgets, and standard comic book finales/climaxes. There are people recommending AoS without any of those caveats for people not as plugged into comic books as they might be, and I think that's a little misleading.

Like I can recommend Legion to anyone, but if I'm gonna recommend Flash S1 to anyone, I throw in alot of "uh buts" and "if you're into that sort of thing."

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Television Thread: Real Life Motion Comics

:shrug:

If I'm recommending this show to people not posting on the comic book section of a forum, I will give caveats. but yeah...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

I mean it's been good for like four years now so if you're not into it you might just never be into it. Which is cool, people have different glands or whatever. I even find myself zoning in and out of the hype, though that might just be due to its ridiculous airing schedule which is godawful by most standards.

It's just objectively idiotic when people say those DCTV shows -- which have ranged from "pretty enjoyable" to "so bad it's good" to "just loving bad" this year -- are still kicking its rear end or whatever. Oh no, poor beleaguered AoS...how will it possibly compete with Yet Another Evil Speedster This Year and The Only Good Episode Has Been A Glee Rerun? It's not 2013 anymore, boyos; update your dank memes.

Say what you want about Flash, but Arrow is legit good this season. :colbert:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

BrianWilly posted:

people have different glands

I'd like to revisit this...

...what?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Y'know, glands. I'm pretty sure, anyway. Why, what do you call them?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

BrianWilly posted:

Y'know, glands. I'm pretty sure, anyway. Why, what do you call them?

I call them glands.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I was starting to get tired of AoS during season 3 because of Hydra fatigue, but season 4 has been solidly great. It's a genre show, with all the good and bad that comes with that, but it's my favourite genre show on TV right now.

I don't know how newcomer-friendly it would be, though. If you aren't invested in the characters already then I could see the dramatic beats falling flat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Man, if Rhyo has changed his position on AoS then I am fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

I like that I am unbalancing the thread for so many people.

Seasons 1-2 are still utter garbage though. Except for Ward.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

marvel tv seems to have a pretty spotless record when it comes to characters named Ward

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

I like that I am unbalancing the thread for so many people.

Seasons 1-2 are still utter garbage though. Except for Ward.

Such an abrupt change of opinion - it's almost as if you've been replaced by a LMD....

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

"Everyone has different opinions or whatever but this thing I like is objectively better than this thing you like"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Guy A. Person posted:

"Everyone has different opinions or whatever but this thing I like is objectively better than this thing you like"

If only thread titles could go that long...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BEEP BEEP WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED SEASON LONG STORY ARC

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Um I like watching Supergirl more than I like watching, I dunno, Westworld or something but I'm not quite stunted enough to go around proudly proclaiming that Supergirl's the better show. Watch whatever you want but don't be rattled when someone rightly calls you a dang fool if you say real dumb things about it :buddy:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supergirl is a better show than Westworld.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Westworld had better robots.

(uh, spoiler alert for Westworld I guess. There are robots. Surprise!)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Um I like watching Supergirl more than I like watching, I dunno, Westworld or something but I'm not quite stunted enough to go around proudly proclaiming that Supergirl's the better show. Watch whatever you want but don't be rattled when someone rightly calls you a dang fool if you say real dumb things about it :buddy:

This is another thing that baffles me, maybe I have just been glossing over poo poo but who has been making GBS threads on AoS and saying the DC shows are better? Rhyno said he is enjoying AoS. Aphrodite and a few others said it sucked but didn't mention the DC shows. Before that was a multi-page discussion about the connectivity. Maybe I missed a real obvious one that you are replying to but not quoting, but it seems like you have replied to 2 different "AoS sucks" posts by throwing DC shows under the bus. Which, okay fine, but what are the "real dumb things" that you are reacting to?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

BrianWilly posted:

Westworld had better robots.

(uh, spoiler alert for Westworld I guess. There are robots. Surprise!)

You.....sonofabitch...!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I started watching iZombie on Netflix and it is much better than it has any right to be. I think the reason for this is because it totally ignores the source material which is good because the source material sucked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just realized there's 2 new episodes of iZombie, this thread has failed me.

Also whoever said AoS was the best comic book show is clearly now an rear end in a top hat, I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant "on air right now" and Legion was over and I thought iZombie wasn't back yet.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 13, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Madkal posted:

I started watching iZombie on Netflix and it is much better than it has any right to be. I think the reason for this is because it totally ignores the source material which is good because the source material sucked.

This is also why Lucifer is awesome, although it's source material certainly didn't suck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Edit:

WHORPS

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 13, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Talked to my Dad about the possible move and he ordered me to not sell the MS6, he even offered up a spot in his garage for long term storage. His rational is I've poured so much time and heart into it I'd probably never get over selling it. He's probably right. Plus resale value on the car is total poo poo these days. And if/when I need it NC is a cheap plane ticket away and I can drive back. He also offered up his shed for storage of things I don't want to move but also don't want to part with so I might put my "keeper" collection of nerd poo poo at his place if we take off at any point.

It's really nice having solid parental relationships these days.

It is nice! Thanks for sharing! Perhaps you were looking for Automotive Insanity?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Longbaugh01 posted:

It is nice! Thanks for sharing! Perhaps you were looking for Automotive Insanity?

He's in character as Agent Phil Coulson.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

LoL, I was responding to the same poster in two threads!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ABC_Publicity/status/852206814263431168

Nice to see quality lead to ratings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's some quality spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That's some quality spin.

look man it tied in the demo with a rerun of NCIS. (also how loving old is NCIS's viewership where it could tie AOS in the 18-48 Demo while stomping AOS's total viewers by like 4 million)