Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The first episode of Fukumenkei Noise had:

- Fairly budget animation
- A couple ugly and unnecessary CG shots
- A manic pace that plowed through the exposition too fast
- Lots of shoujo love triangle tropes

And despite all of that, I liked it a lot and I'm going to watch the whole series. If you like rock music and romance drama, consider giving it a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

The anime with the incredibly long name that people seem to be shortening to Sukasuka is off to a very strong start. We'll see if it holds up, but I can't really name anything in particular that the first ep didn't do well. Definitely keeping it on the queue for now.

It's official short name is also Sukasuka since that's what the website uses for its url (https://www.sukasuka-anime.com). It definitely has a lot of hooks to it so I'm very interested to see where it goes. Like how in the gently caress is a flashback to 526 years ago relevant to the present or than a small scene to poke fun of death flags.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Long-name-show/Sukasuka seems pretty good. Probably going to end up watching it on Sundays with my friend.

Grimoire of Zero was pretty mediocre. A few decent bits, but the writing was really hamfisted. I think I'm done with it unless folks give me reason to do otherwise. Lord, it sounds dumb when he roars.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Natsume is back and exactly the same, I love Natsume.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Long-name-show/Sukasuka seems pretty good. Probably going to end up watching it on Sundays with my friend.

Grimoire of Zero was pretty mediocre. A few decent bits, but the writing was really hamfisted. I think I'm done with it unless folks give me reason to do otherwise. Lord, it sounds dumb when he roars.

Is there an official shortened name for the show? At this rate I'm gonna end up calling it "that fantasy show that isn't Grimoire of Zero".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which was the show that Endorph shouted at me for saying it looked like Fate/ with a female protag?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Which was the show that Endorph shouted at me for saying it looked like Fate/ with a female protag?

Re:Creators? Similar urban fantasy battle royale vibe, at least.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MC of that is a guy though

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Ah, just checked, and I think you were talking about The Seven Deadly Sins. The one with the gay demons, not the shonen battler.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that's probably it cheers

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

ViggyNash posted:

Is there an official shortened name for the show? At this rate I'm gonna end up calling it "that fantasy show that isn't Grimoire of Zero".

Sukasuka, like Cant said. though you can use the name CR just gave it after the long name gave everyone migraines—WorldEnd.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sukasuka ten dolla

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Ah, just checked, and I think you were talking about The Seven Deadly Sins. The one with the gay demons, not the shonen battler.

That one looks about as much like Fate as Bikini Warriors does.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wait for it...
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/852160731890036737

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NSFW dude

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

That one looks about as much like Fate as Bikini Warriors does.

I think it was the promo image that threw Sak off. The big bundle of characters and the black-on-red title look kind of like one of UFOtable's Fate posters if you don't look too closely.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

please dont have featureless characters speaking to the camera

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I thought Tsuki ga kirei was pretty, and the storytelling was superb.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism:

For some reason they bleeped out a word that AmazonStrike translated as "p*****t", multiple times. I've never heard "hentai" or any other version of pervert bleeped out, and occasionally you could hear a distinct "o" sound at the word.

Were they actually calling him "Chinpo" and Amazon dropped the ball on the translation?

EDIT: Sagrada Reset

Does anyone else think that Soma was *too* perfect? Like she knew exactly what Kei needed to hear, either by virtue of being from the future or some manner of precognition of her own? She keeps going on and on about "Don't fool yourself, you're not a villain, trust your gut and everything will be fine" which would seem to suggest an alternate timeline where Kei did just the opposite. It would also explain the death, if she knew that the reset had happened and her presence would be a distraction to avoiding some major tragedy going forward.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 12, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Who's gonna trip report Tsugomono

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it was boring and not worth all the insane adtrw drama, as most of the times when adtrw acts like retards about something they havent seen

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

it was boring and not worth all the insane adtrw drama, as most of the times when adtrw acts like retards about something they havent seen

Weren't folks saying that it gets real bad later on, rather than starting out real bad?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

I've read later chapters of the manga and was saying things based on that

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Davincie posted:

please dont have featureless characters speaking to the camera

lol

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Darth Walrus posted:

Weren't folks saying that it gets real bad later on, rather than starting out real bad?

Let's just put it this way- sash-girl was very concerned about the state of protagonist's foreskin in one of the episodes we've already seen.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The drama with tsugumomo was because it becomes really hosed up in the later chapters, pretty much everyone agreed the start was just kind of a well-illustrated action manga

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I read it for the plot

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Sukasuka ten dolla
Sukasuka Sakurazuka

My impressions of the season so far:
Berserk: CG seems worse, but it really doesn't bother me. It's like in Genshiken when Madarame is explaining how o3-< is sexy. The brain just has to get used to it and then you see boobs. The analogy applies well to Berserk.
Boku no Hero Academia: Same as S1
Boruto: I finished the Naruto manga but not the anime, so it's been long enough that this is nicely nostalgic. First episode was good enough as a sequel. Not sure if it's good enough on it's own.
Sakura Quest: I was expecting 80-90% of the quality of Shirobako. Shirobako taught me how fraught the process of anime is, so it is harsh to expect everything to always come together just right and create Shirobako. Shirobako bako bakoShiro 9/10 bako.

Still have re-creators and I guess S1 of bahamut to check out. and sukasuka.
Basically I'm only watching stuff that has good buzz in this thread, and Berserk.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Colonel posted:

The drama with tsugumomo was because it becomes really hosed up in the later chapters, pretty much everyone agreed the start was just kind of a well-illustrated action manga

It's basically this. It's a pretty bog standard battle shonen with a single protagonist and a half dozen people of the opposite gender who want him intimately.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was Koga actually in the first season of Yowamushi Pedal? Or was that just the ballsiest retcon ever?

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I still remember the weird cardgame from tsugumomo. After that I knew that there was no way I could read it anymore.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the second Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records episode was very very good with just one part that most goons will hate but it's okay because glenn casted the most ultimate spell at the end to save the day

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really want to drop akashic records but each episode has had one great moment so far and I have to see if it can keep this up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Was Koga actually in the first season of Yowamushi Pedal? Or was that just the ballsiest retcon ever?

I think he appears, but not by name or addressed by the other characters. He's basically an occasional background character in the club room.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

They do refer to him when the first years start, and I'm pretty sure they use his name. You see a bit more of him in the manga where he does the individual training with Sugimoto since they're both "stamina-types". I think Kinjou refers to him as a stamina idiot then, but nothing more really comes of it. In the anime they changed Sugimoto's training partner to Teshima, which hosed up the possibility of doing the flashbacks like in the manga.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
RokuAka aka Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records is an entertaining watch thanks to the main duo and their bullying/bantering. The seiyuu are loose and silly, and these faces are the highlight of the show.

Check this out if you think Sisti's faux-nekomimi hairband is cute.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Space Flower posted:

RokuAka aka Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records is an entertaining watch thanks to the main duo and their bullying/bantering. The seiyuu are loose and silly, and these faces are the highlight of the show.

Check this out if you think Sisti's faux-nekomimi hairband is cute.

Why a glove on only one hand??????

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
asymmetry is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

asymmetry is
cool