Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the final calling card is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Holy poo poo I just got the good listener achievement on the true final boss, thank u game 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

HellOnEarth posted:

That loving airlock puzzle took me so long I loaded the game from the safe room and just looked up a walkthrough.

I didn't really have that many problems with the airlock puzzle. I just made sure to explore every room and just experiment with things. I probably just got stupidly lucky and was too busy getting into as many fights as I could for dat exp.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I need help with Palace 5.

How do I know which miniboss to fight? Also what's a good strategy for dealing with them in battle? I've beaten them up to the 2nd ID badge but forgot to save. But even so none of those wins went smoothly and took me forever.

I'm at my wits end and to be honest this entire section so far has been 0 fun for me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Oh goodie a Hawaii trip!

"You'll be rooming with Mishima"

:shepface:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

corn on the cop posted:

Oh goodie a Hawaii trip!

Ryuji should've just been in your class.

Or Yusuke.

Definitely Yusuke.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

corn on the cop posted:

Oh goodie a Hawaii trip!

MC-Kun's trip to hell.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I need help with Palace 5.

How do I know which miniboss to fight? Also what's a good strategy for dealing with them in battle? I've beaten them up to the 2nd ID badge but forgot to save. But even so none of those wins went smoothly and took me forever.

I'm at my wits end and to be honest this entire section so far has been 0 fun for me.

Gather intel from the various non-boss robot rooms and then ask specific questions to look for the robot that highlights the traits mentioned. Don't forget to go to back to previous non-boss rooms as new intel can be got from there. As for the fights, enemies were weak to either wind, psy or nuclear if I remember correctly so have those party members in and exploit aoe magic for all out attacks. Find their weaknesses and it should be smooth sailing from then on.

corn on the cop posted:

Oh goodie a Hawaii trip!

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Mishima? Sure, he's a goober and basically only thinks about the Phansite, but he's just so adorably pathetic that his mere existence is a joke to laugh at.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 13, 2017

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Double posted cause I'm an idiot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I find Kamoshida a more likeable person than Yuuki

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Captain Baal posted:

I find Kamoshida a more likeable person than Yuuki
Mishima is the sort of person that is gonna kill a woman, cut her skin off and wear it one day

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jimmydalad posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Mishima? Sure, he's a goober and basically only thinks about the Phansite, but he's just so adorably pathetic that his mere existence is a joke to laugh at.

Nah I'm in the same boat, and even feel his arc within his Confidant story satisfying in that he finally comes to terms with who he is. Being a constant victim of bullying, I identified with him and saw the worst parts of myself in him, and yeah he's a creepy dork at times even beyond that, but at the end of the day he did a cool thing for his friend during the Confidant storyline and he's the first guy to speak up for you.

With all the themes of being abandoned by society, having someone that was always in the Phantom Thieves' corner, pays off at the end of the game, I feel.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

jimmydalad posted:

I don't hate him but I rank him with the likes of Kenji

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If you're one of those heathens who for some reason despise Goro but like Mishima, then you are an absolutely baffling human being

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Moltrey posted:

If you're one of those heathens who for some reason despise Goro but like Mishima, then you are an absolutely baffling human being

I feel like you reversed the names here tbh.

And people itt hate Mishima because he's like the platonic ideal of a goon.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

What if I think they're both twats?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NOW CHOOSE

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Goro is the worst

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I didn't like Goro at the beginning of the game cause I thought he was annoying and a bit of a twat, then I played the game and my opinion of Goro shifted 180 degrees. I like Goro and Mishima, though Goro is a better character than Mishima. Maybe I have a soft spot for ineffectual, pathetic losers.

INMATE! Caroline's voice actor is wonderful :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
goro is cute and smart, a lil bit of a catty bitch, a child of abuse, a victim of the foster system and essentially a darker phantom thief

mishima also got abused in school and that's sucks a lot but also he's a dumb creepy nerd who can barely run a website

gorowns

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Post-dungeon 4: Wait a second, how did Futaba even get a bug into Leblanc, I think to myself, before I realize "self, she could have easily planted it onto anything Boss ordered for the shop that was delivered to their house before being brought to the store, idiot, they even make a point that poo poo is always being delivered to his place."

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Moltrey posted:

goro is cute and smart, a lil bit of a catty bitch, a child of abuse, a victim of the foster system and essentially a darker phantom thief

mishima also got abused in school and that's sucks a lot but also he's a dumb creepy nerd who can barely run a website

gorowns

December dungeon spoilers

Goro dying is the best thing he ever did imo. :twisted:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they didn't show his body, that fool aint dead come on now

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Moltrey posted:

they didn't show his body, that fool aint dead come on now

he's never shown or mentioned again afterwards so hes as good as dead in my book. i was fully expecting him to show up right before you fight shidou and help you out, but was pleasantly surprised he didn't come back. dude murdered alot of people and i think the game would be weaker if it redeemed him into your party.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 13, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im just saying don't be surprised to see his Char Aznable dressing rear end with like a couple scars and an eyepatch in Persona 5 Arena

e: Dude they tried to redeem Adachi who tried to rape two women and then killed them, redeeming Goro is a loving cakewalk after that. Like he's already sympathetic, the game did half the work already

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 13, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
(End game spoilers) Goro is absolutely coming back in spinoff games and the entire point of the conversation with him is that he is not entirely monstrous, so much as he is lonely and empty. The fact they don't show his death should be the most obvious indicator the dude is alive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I got something to make you feel less hollow and lonely right here Goro and it's called a hug

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

(End game spoilers) Goro is absolutely coming back in spinoff games and the entire point of the conversation with him is that he is not entirely monstrous, so much as he is lonely and empty. The fact they don't show his death should be the most obvious indicator the dude is alive.

I do hope Goro comes back. He was a kickass member of the party in the one dungeon he's in. If they do a Persona 5 crimson or whatever, there should be a way to get Goro permenantly, at least for the the final boss.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I respect that they knew players were likely to hate at least a few out of Mishima, Goro, and Shinya and gave you the dialogue option support to say so constantly

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Back when the JP version came out I was hoping he would show up again and join for the final dungeon, it would make some sense. Whatever though, if ArcSys does that P5 Arena they wanna do then he's most definitely gonna be playable and he's one of my favorite characters so I'm all for it. I just wish the game didn't pretend he doesn't exist after he leaves the story.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

jimmydalad posted:

Gather intel from the various non-boss robot rooms and then ask specific questions to look for the robot that highlights the traits mentioned. Don't forget to go to back to previous non-boss rooms as new intel can be got from there. As for the fights, enemies were weak to either wind, psy or nuclear if I remember correctly so have those party members in and exploit aoe magic for all out attacks. Find their weaknesses and it should be smooth sailing from then on.

Thanks. What I did wrong was not try all elements on the smaller enemies. I thought they were resistant to everything and it got me mad and confused. I found their weaknesses and got past it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Moltrey posted:

e: Dude they tried to redeem Adachi who tried to rape two women and then killed them, redeeming Goro is a loving cakewalk after that. Like he's already sympathetic, the game did half the work already

i also think it was dumb that they tried to redeem Adachi. honestly, I'm just tired of situations in games where a villain who has done bad poo poo does a face turn and becomes a party member. Goro is definitely more redeemable than Adachi in the fact that he didn't try to rape 2 women, but that doesn't change the fact that he also probably killed a lot more than 2 people under his own free will.

so basically, until he turns up in the next spinoff/extended addition scenario, I can't believe Goro died.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao, does no one even say anything at the end like "Man, really sucks about Goro" or does the game really just forget about him entirely the second he's off screen forever

I mean whatever the dude is definitely coming back in Arena/the remake but jeez, way to just drop arguably your most interesting character

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Moltrey posted:

lmao, does no one even say anything at the end like "Man, really sucks about Goro" or does the game really just forget about him entirely the second he's off screen forever

I mean whatever the dude is definitely coming back in Arena/the remake but jeez, way to just drop arguably your most interesting character

after the ship dungeon, i don't think he is ever mentioned again. it's kinda goofy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goro is never mentioned again, not even the sentiment of his existence appears for the Confidant based stuff. Even Shinjiro got like a lost "You go buddy" in for P3, idk what happened with Goro that he just vanishes from pure existence.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Maaaaaaan that's a huge bummer, Atlus can be real loving lame about writing sometimes

I Remember Goro

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fix your brackets, bub

GJ

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm only just to Mementos tutorial, but gently caress the haters, this place seems pretty great and chill.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sorrymasen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I'm only just to Mementos tutorial, but gently caress the haters, this place seems pretty great and chill.

i wish the music was better.