Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
2 additional is 15-18c :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
lol, nah

http://poe.trade/search/noburamemamano

E:
That was in response to 10ex, 4 instead 3 tier 2s does not make that big a difference.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
If I am leeching health from my totems via Hinekora, do things like Lust for Carnage and Hematophagy grant their full bonus to me?

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.

10/10 would trade again

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i got a trade from howa_spank_me_daddy yesterday and broke etiquette protocol to tell him he sucked after the trade was done

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I bought a 26% Taste of Hate last night and this morning a 26% Taste of Hate dropped for me. :tinfoil:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit: Done.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 13, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Hit my 36 challenges, got my portal.

Last character I want to play is a BV Pathfinder, probably as a lab runner. Is CI so strong that it doesn't matter when I'm going a billion miles an hour, or should I stick to life?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
90% of my attacks stopped working. I even went back to earlier areas where the enemies had no resistance and it's not happening. My melee and most of my attacks simply never connect. The only ones that work is lightning trap, fire totem and devour totem.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you didnt take ancestral bond recently did you?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

James Woods Fan posted:

90% of my attacks stopped working. I even went back to earlier areas where the enemies had no resistance and it's not happening. My melee and most of my attacks simply never connect. The only ones that work is lightning trap, fire totem and devour totem.

You took ancestral bond!

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
That's it! It's part of the build I am following so I guess I'll just roll with it. Thanks guys.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I can understand getting confused by some of the systems in this game. Some interactions aren't obvious, some wording doesn't completely convey what something does...

...Ancestral Bond does clearly say "You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself", so not sure how you missed that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

...Ancestral Bond does clearly say "You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself", so not sure how you missed that.
probably some confusion of why his traps were working and not his other stuff.

for clarification, traps dont count as you doing damage so they still work normally. also why you dont take reflect damage from them.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

I can understand getting confused by some of the systems in this game. Some interactions aren't obvious, some wording doesn't completely convey what something does...

He's probably just following the guide and not stopping to read every keystone along the way.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Elentor posted:

He's probably just following the guide and not stopping to read every keystone along the way.

It's this.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
attritioned malachai and got the microtransaction thing.
It was a steps effect. Dang.

It also took less time than goddamn Kaom did, that one was just whittling him down with a chaos golem.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Holy poo poo Leo is dumb. Anyone have him lvl 3 for the reduce damage over time craft?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Luisfe posted:

It also took less time than goddamn Kaom did, that one was just whittling him down with a chaos golem.

Could have been worse... could've been the Razer footprints

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

whypick1 posted:

Could have been worse... could've been the Razer footprints

Looking forward to whatever next set of bullshit/fun challenges there will be in the next league. I guess this time I will actually follow some sort of build guide to prevent spending about one hour dying against merciless Kaom, haha.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Luisfe posted:

What does this mean

George
Nov 27, 2004

So uh now I've found a Dreaming Breach Leaguestone and I have so many questions. Like why does it have a max monster level, and is it worth 90c or 3ex?

George fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 13, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

What does this mean

I finally killed merciless Malachai after dying a gazillion and a half times, getting my 12th challenge, and all I got was this lousy set of footprints.

My build is so terrible that Kaom took even more time.

George posted:

So uh now I've found a Dreamer breach leaguestone and I have so many questions. Like why does it have a max monster level, and is it worth 90c or 3ex?

Leaguestones have a max area level of 5(?) more than the area they were found in, unless it came in a map in which case there's no limit.*

They seem to be going for >40c.

*I might be talking out of my rear end on this

George
Nov 27, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Leaguestones have a max area level of 5(?) more than the area they were found in, unless it came in a map in which case there's no limit.*

*I might be talking out of my rear end on this

It was in like a Tier 11 map, so uh...

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
You sure it doesn't have a minimum level?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Jesus wept, I'm an idiot. I'm not used to seeing those say anything but like 10 or 20! Thanks for that.

Now any ideas on how to price it? I see a LOT of variance. It's of Splinters with a 3 roll if that even matters.

edit: It looks like it's somewhat determined by Splinters of Chayula. So 150c seems like a good starting point.

George fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 13, 2017

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Luisfe posted:

You do realize you get microtransactions at 24 and 36 challenges as well, right? Weapon effect and portal, respectively. It's on the challenges screen in-game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It's kinda nuts how expensive leaguestones can be. I sold my Cartographer's Perandus Leaguestone of Bargains for almost 2ex yesterday.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It's kinda nuts how expensive leaguestones can be. I sold my Cartographer's Perandus Leaguestone of Bargains for almost 2ex yesterday.

If that's the one box they need for the challenge, then yeah. Prices like that will happen.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Whoa! I need to start selling these. Is it just the magic leaguestones that are selling for that much?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hm so I've gotten my WI build up to 70ish, and I'm not sure what to do now that I'm hitting the very edges of endgame.

I can clear Dried Lake easily enough, should I start doing T1 maps? What's the general progression for those? And uh how do I even use them? Any way to prioritize them?

I can't do Cruel lab yet, and I assume trying the kaom etc quests in A4 merciless is a terrible idea.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

silvergoose posted:

Hm so I've gotten my WI build up to 70ish, and I'm not sure what to do now that I'm hitting the very edges of endgame.

I can clear Dried Lake easily enough, should I start doing T1 maps? What's the general progression for those? And uh how do I even use them? Any way to prioritize them?

I can't do Cruel lab yet, and I assume trying the kaom etc quests in A4 merciless is a terrible idea.

With a Quicksilver of Haste, 20%+ move speed boots, and a Vaal Discipline, cruel lab shouldn't really be a problem. What are you having trouble with? And you know about poelab.com right?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If Dried Lake feels easy, you are good for the first few tiers of maps at the very least. To use them, until you invite Zana to your hideout, you have to go to Merciless Solaris Temple, 2nd floor, and follow the side door to the Eternal Laboratory. It has a map device, and Zana will hang out there too initially.

As for specific way to do maps - right now, don't sweat it and just keep unlocking maps sequentially. You can check in Atlas to see where you're at, and what you should do next.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Fixit posted:

Whoa! I need to start selling these. Is it just the magic leaguestones that are selling for that much?

The cartographer's is specifically valuable because the box it gives us very rare and required for a challenge (also potentially lucrative if used in a T16 map).

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

With a Quicksilver of Haste, 20%+ move speed boots, and a Vaal Discipline, cruel lab shouldn't really be a problem. What are you having trouble with? And you know about poelab.com right?

Not enough energy shield is what I'm having trouble with, I should probably start bidding on some gear with low buyouts I guess.

I don't have any of those things though so.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Not enough energy shield is what I'm having trouble with, I should probably start bidding on some gear with low buyouts I guess.

if you're running an energy shield build, you'll want some sources of physical damage reduction to go with it. the guide i'm following uses a basalt flask, chaos golem, vigilant strike for fortify, and warlord's mark for endurance charges.

i think i had 2k or 2.5k energy shield when i cleared cruel lab, which you can reach with gear that goes for chromatic orbs on trade.

e: a pair of wool shoes with 30% movespeed will be insanely cheap and probably much more worthwhile to you than something with good stats, fwiw

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

silvergoose posted:

What's your account/character name again? If you go to https://www.pathofexile.com and log in, click your account name up top, then privacy settings down to the right, and make sure profile isn't set private or character tabs hidden, then we can take a poke at your gear and suggest (probably cheap) upgrades.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Valle posted:

What's your account/character name again? If you go to https://www.pathofexile.com and log in, click your account name up top, then privacy settings down to the right, and make sure profile isn't set private or character tabs hidden, then we can take a poke at your gear and suggest (probably cheap) upgrades.

I'll get on that tonight.

I do have 2-2.5k ES though, so maybe I should give the lab another shot. Warlord's mark with blasphemy for endurance charges, yeah.

My questions were more about maps and dried lake anyway, but I'll link my stuff later.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cruel lab should be easy with over 2k es

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Awesome! posted:

cruel lab should be easy with over 2k es

You'd think!

I also probably suck at this game, and/or am missing some of the side skills that would make it easy, but we'll see.

• Locked thread