Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Happy happy joy joy. :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Are finals usually not Bo5?

e: Haha Niko says simple or guardian are the mvp right before being given it ><

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 9, 2017

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Niko was definitely not the MVP but good on him anyways and FAZE UP!

He should slip that medal over to Allu before they go home.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

stump collector posted:

how did they choke lol

Winning the first map and losing 2nd and 3rd.

They kind of have a track record for losing in the (semi) finals.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Was the guy who yelled faze up walking into a game store a cs player or a different game? If he was cs then I want faze to lose all their games forever.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Are finals usually not Bo5?

e: Haha Niko says simple or guardian are the mvp right before being given it ><

You can't really do BO5 grand finals unless you reserve an entire day for them, which most CSGO tournaments aren't doing for financial reasons. And even they did, a BO5 final can be incredibly draining for everyone involved. 5 maps is 5 hours, more or less.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Was the guy who yelled faze up walking into a game store a cs player or a different game? If he was cs then I want faze to lose all their games forever.

that was the call of duty team, the CSGO team is far more likable.

edit: Also do you want a real group stage or a BO5 final? You can't have both.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
bo5s are bad

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Handsome Boys will being play another double header tonight (hopefully) and a few of us will be streaming including myself

https://www.twitch.tv/photexmedia you can watch me play with my professional 800x600 resolution or you can watch surc instead.

note: 120 second delay is required by CEVO sorry.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

Winning the first map and losing 2nd and 3rd.

They kind of have a track record for losing in the (semi) finals.

they lost to a really good team that won a majority of the pistol rounds
and they almost lost to them in the last event finals

not a choke

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Militia: A Bad Map

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I guess the big tournament takeaway is that G2 may actually be good now? I said they'd be top 5 with this lineup, probably contesting for top spot, but their results at first were...troubling. Seems like they went away and made serious progress. Went 1-2 against eventual winners, can't be too mad at that. And SK's star has fallen pretty hardcore.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Astralis :(

Dupreeh looked pissed at Xyp on inferno. At one point Xyp tries to fist bump him then gets denied, then a few rounds later Xyp looks at him and smiles and dupreeh just looks away.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
So what's different in this new Chinese CS:GO build?

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

So what's different in this new Chinese CS:GO build?

Skins with skulls and stuff on em like that crown foil and the kill confirmed, desolate space etc got re-done. Also apparently Valve has to publish the case opening odds.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Which leads to my follow up question; now that skulls are removed, paving the way for the celestial empire getting 128 tick matchmaking servers, how long until the top 10 teams are all Chinese

weeks?

hours??

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

Ok I think dupreeh was just tilted as gently caress

Denied fistbump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygz6BbriHTg&t=4150s

Now it's overtime
Astralis win the round making it 17:16
Zonic, ever faithful, tries to lift the boys spirits
Dupreeh however, has something to say
Xyp raises his hand to explain
Device rolls his head back
Dupreeh checks his fringe then looks away from them all, pondering a better hairdresser
end scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygz6BbriHTg&t=5085s

yolandi fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 10, 2017

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

Which leads to my follow up question; now that skulls are removed, paving the way for the celestial empire getting 128 tick matchmaking servers, how long until the top 10 teams are all Chinese

weeks?

hours??

Already plenty of people play in China. They have to use a VPN though. I would assume local datacenters would make it more attractive though. Seems like you need a good 2-3 years obsessive playing to get to pro level, so theres some breathing space. Also I assume it will take them a while to get addicted to buying skins, a lot of people seem to be expecting a big jump in skin prices but I don't think it will happen overnight.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Denying Xyp? Time to cut the underperforming loser... Dupreeh

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Cutting Dupreeh would take us back to the glory days of Danish roster roulette

Maybe they'd rere(re?)hire nico

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
are chinese gamers the best at anything anymore?

i dont live on the west coast anyway so im not worried about an influx of 300 ping people

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

are chinese gamers the best at anything anymore?

i dont live on the west coast anyway so im not worried about an influx of 300 ping people

Yeah idk why people think China is gonna dominate they don't even have the best DotA teams anymore

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah idk why people think China is gonna dominate they don't even have the best DotA teams anymore

Because the people's republic of China is #1, friend

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
of course china will dominate csgo, china has 2000 year history of playing cs

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

yolandi posted:

Also I assume it will take them a while to get addicted to buying skins, a lot of people seem to be expecting a big jump in skin prices but I don't think it will happen overnight.

I feel like the biggest thing that'll mess with skin prices is cases no longer being a black box, assuming they don't make a parallel skin marketplace for China a la Garena in LoL (which doesn't seem like it would go over well/make sense for CS GO). I'd imagine that being able to put a more accurate expected value for a given case will change prices for cases and skins, but it's real hard to say how.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

foutre posted:

I feel like the biggest thing that'll mess with skin prices is cases no longer being a black box, assuming they don't make a parallel skin marketplace for China a la Garena in LoL (which doesn't seem like it would go over well/make sense for CS GO). I'd imagine that being able to put a more accurate expected value for a given case will change prices for cases and skins, but it's real hard to say how.

Yeah I don't know if they will have a separate marketplace. Guess we wont know till its out. Theres a -perfectworld launch option or something, someone tried it and couldn't load their friend list or inv, could be separate infra, could be they just weren't online cause it's not released.

Also hard to tell about the impact on case openings. Really, theres no reason to open a case expecting something good, and if you ever search online there is plenty of info about why its a bad idea. So people opening cases is not really a rational decision.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just got killed by being hit with a flashbang for the first time

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
http://imgur.com/a/1qTmI

"source 2 engine and panoramic UI"
"the next big action - this summer"

Am I being trolled or is this real life

stump collector
May 28, 2007
its real, for china

we won't ever see it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
No, now that China is interested valve is gonna actually do work on the game. The instant a Chinese person asks for half life 3 is the same time it will be released along with source 3

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Haha, this chinese cs:go thing is wild, from reddit:

reddit posted:

According to the Presentation, Chinese CSGO version will have VAC and custom anti-cheat. And Corporate with Alipay Credit System. This may sounds not very important, but in fact this is a solution which will destroy someone's cheating will.
*What heck is Alipay Credit System? *
Alipay Credit System is directly linked to your Personal Identification, phone number and your Banking account.They use some big data poo poo stuff and your payment/debt information to calculate your Credit. This System have already widely accepted in China.
*What if I Cheating in Chinese CSGO? *
If you linked your account to Alipay(which i assume you have to link before you play ), and you cheated in CSGO, BOOM, not only your account and Phone Number get banned, but also your Personal Identification get banned too, means only if you can become someone else, you can never play CSGO online mode again. And this ban may also lower your Credit Rating.
Privacy?
√ I have read and accepted The Terms and Conditions
TL;DR
If you get Banned, you get Banned like a Pro
edit: I joked on privacy, but actually Alipay do protect your privacy, they do not transfer your specific data if you haven't agree them to do so. And they ask for agreement every time a request happen. And in this case, they mostly only check if you are a real person before anything happen.
Someone point out that drop your Rating is too much for cheating.I'd say they do have the ability to do this but probably won't.After all stop people's cheating will is much more effective than punish them after.
To be clarify, Alipay Credit System is not Social Credit System and they don't affect each other. Lower Rating in Alipay DOES NOT resulting all Bank lower your credits. And/or destroy your real life.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

The whole "social credit rating" thing is a bit dystopian, but at least Chinese gamers get something out of it, lol.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
ummm so this is basically that black mirror episode with bootleg jessica chastain right? the one that americans view as a slightly farfetched cautionary tale?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
How does valve handle drop rates in DotA 2 for China vs the rest of the world?

Are those rates published as well?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

real dilemma posted:

ummm so this is basically that black mirror episode with bootleg jessica chastain right? the one that americans view as a slightly farfetched cautionary tale?

China has had a "social credit rating" for jobs and organizations for a few years now, which is sponsored by companies like Alibaba.

I'm honestly not surprised by this, as horrifying as it is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That second half on nuke between envyus and mousesports was ridiculous.

G2 lost the pistol but Shox got 4 kills, one with a knife against NiP. AWP second round o_O

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 12, 2017

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
$2000 Negev is here boys.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

New eco weapon of choice.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Matchmaking is gonna be hilarious for a while. Did they change the r8? Feels good to use now actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Depths posted:

Matchmaking is gonna be hilarious for a while. Did they change the r8? Feels good to use now actually

they reduced the firing delay on it

also, wtf, the lasergun negev is as cheap as the galil right now. :psyduck: