Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

extremebuff posted:

wasnt it supposed to focus on switch games lol
The only games they actually spent more than 30 seconds on were Switch games...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i missed the presentation and cant watch it atm so i was going off this

Bill Barber posted:

2D Pikmin
Miitomo RPG
Kirby Party F2P Game
Bayo 'miibo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if it was in the presentation but KOF99, Garou and SamSho IV are coming out on Switch in the coming weeks

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

extremebuff posted:

i missed the presentation and cant watch it atm so i was going off this
oh sorry I posted a recap after like the first 1/3 of the presentation and then got lazy to post the rest.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Idk if it was in the presentation but KOF99, Garou and SamSho IV are coming out on Switch in the coming weeks
something comes out tomorrow. Toshi?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Boxboy continues to be very good hell yes. In gonna be sad when this is over.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

omg

neon yellow joycons

nintendo retaking the throne of the GBC colors...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kirby f2p is based on the pretend-RPG minigame from Robobot which wasn't very interesting. the other Robobot minigame (the 3D one) is getting an expanded eShop release as well

they also announced a new "multiplayer Kirby action game" for 3DS but didn't show anything or even give a title

Splatoon 2's getting a horde mode, ARMS continues to look... fine?

they're releasing two versions of the final three Smash amiibo so you can choose between Bayo 1 or Bayo 2, etc

the biggest wtf is Payday 2 is coming to Switch

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Arms is gonna be a game changer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
everyone at school getting together to rob a bank during recess

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

net cafe scandal posted:

Arms is gonna be a game changer.
Not sure how it'll actually play but it looks like they're putting a bunch of effort into making it an incredibly deep strategy game and I gotta give them kudos for that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Actually, you gotta give them 60 dollars for that as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Not sure how it'll actually play but it looks like they're putting a bunch of effort into making it an incredibly deep strategy game and I gotta give them kudos for that.

It's gonna suck balls probably.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm really stoked that for Kirby's 25th anniversary we're getting a handful of standalone minigames.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Well, I mean, were people really hyped for Splatoon before launch though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gayday poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Well, I mean, were people really hyped for Splatoon before launch though

Yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kirby f2p is based on the pretend-RPG minigame from Robobot which wasn't very interesting. the other Robobot minigame (the 3D one) is getting an expanded eShop release as well

they also announced a new "multiplayer Kirby action game" for 3DS but didn't show anything or even give a title

Splatoon 2's getting a horde mode, ARMS continues to look... fine?

they're releasing two versions of the final three Smash amiibo so you can choose between Bayo 1 or Bayo 2, etc

sine mora on switch is even dumber

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon was some weird online shooter by Nintendo trying out a bunch of cool new styles and ideas. Arms is the boxing mini game from
Wii Sports for 60 dollars

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

before the testfire happened the most excitement ppl could garner for splatoon was cautious optimism. most people were worried about nintendo loving up the netplay and whether shooting the floor would be fun

turned out they didnt gently caress up on the netplay and shooting floor rules

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Splatoon was some weird online shooter by Nintendo trying out a bunch of cool new styles and ideas. Arms is the boxing mini game from
Wii Sports for 60 dollars

I'm not really excited for Arms but it's definitely a real game that feels nothing like wii boxing

elf help book posted:

sine mora on switch is even dumber

yeah maybe, gently caress that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't seen the recent direct but what did they reveal wrt arms

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

also if arms didnt have (completely optional) motion controls would you even be making that comparison? it looks like a weird arena fighter and i dont know if it will be good but im always down to try out a weird arena fighter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I know about it is that it was the first thing they showed during the Switch reveal and it looked 1:1 to Wii Boxing but the guy had a goofy haircut

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

In Training posted:

wtf????

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm pretty sure 505 Games has nothing to do with the Switch version of Payday like they do with the PS4/Xbox versions, so it might be ok.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

also if arms didnt have (completely optional) motion controls would you even be making that comparison? it looks like a weird arena fighter and i dont know if it will be good but im always down to try out a weird arena fighter

im cautiously optimistic it will be fujn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched 2 seconds of gameplay footage and I have no idea why I thought this game was a Wii boxing clone, or why it has motion controls, or why they revealed this game alongside the announcement that waggle is back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched 90 more seconds of gameplay which showed off in game currency you spend on loot boxes which have mechanical benefits and stopped liking the game for a completely different reason

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I watched 90 more seconds of gameplay which showed off in game currency you spend on loot boxes which have mechanical benefits and stopped liking the game for a completely different reason
yeah unlocking new abilities loving BLOWS lmao

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

2v2 mode, a new character

the main thing that turns me off is they still haven't announced many characters, this new one brings the roster to like, 6. Nintendo never announces a lot upfront but I'm still worried it won't have enough characters or they'll deliberately hold them back so they can dripfeed them out or something

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i like it even more now, im getting hype

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

yeah unlocking new abilities loving BLOWS lmao

It does in competitive games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It has a cool style and it seems weird at least. And it's much more of a game than I thought it would be but I'll be too deep into Splatoon2 to get it

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

looks like virtual on meets punch out. you win again nintendo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
there was this indie game on the jp direct that looks pretty cool imo for a 500 yen game that apparently has english support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guWy3XWkuhA

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

there was this indie game on the jp direct that looks pretty cool imo for a 500 yen game that apparently has english support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guWy3XWkuhA
nuclear throne meets lttp`

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

nuclear throne meets lttp`

:kreygasm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need to get a switch.