Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Puyo Puyo Tetris is really fun and now that I'm starting to understand how to set up in Puyo Puyo I can actually play the AI at medium difficult and stand a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PuyoPuyo was known as Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine in the 90s if you need to compare it to an earlier game.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Also Kirby's Avalanche was a Puyo Puyo game.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Also is it just me or is everyone voiced by the same VA

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't really get puyo puyo. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to get a tetris equivalent that messes up the other person in the same way that getting a tetris clutters up my board with blocks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

drat. I see why people love Puyo so much now. Gonna try this stuff out.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really get puyo puyo. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to get a tetris equivalent that messes up the other person in the same way that getting a tetris clutters up my board with blocks.

There's a bunch of random strategies to it, when I started playing different AI I noticed they played Puyo Puyo differently, then when I suddenly got 4 or 5 chains going, it was loving great.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Also is it just me or is everyone voiced by the same VA

Cheap Japanese anime games have a small pool of talent willing to come in to do uncredited voices. As soon as they get a good SAG gig they stop returning calls.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dehry posted:

Cheap Japanese anime games have a small pool of talent willing to come in to do uncredited voices. As soon as they get a good SAG gig they stop returning calls.

This game is great though and has tetris attached to it :colbert:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SO A Bunch of nothing at the direcT? lol thanks nintendo, glad to know I have another one of your consoles that will play at max 2 games per year

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Empress Brosephine posted:

SO A Bunch of nothing at the direcT? lol thanks nintendo, glad to know I have another one of your consoles that will play at max 2 games per year

Did you not watch the direct? They announced a whole bunch of stuff.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

It sounds like you don't like Nintendo games and should not have purchased a Switch? :confused:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ARMS looks rad as hell

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Maybe fun's just not your thing. You always seem so angry.

I'm gonna get me some Puyo Puyo, some Mario Kart, some of that Arms, Splatoon, maybe Minecraft and see what the draw is with that game...

I'm happy.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Sorry about your life lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kind of interested in ARMS but Gundam Versus PS4 comes out this Summer... They really need a demo for this thing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did I miss anything important to the Switch if I just watched the 11 minute Switch Direct and the 7 minute ARMS video?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Puyo Puyo Tetris demo is out~

Also there is a super neat looking game that just released in the Japanese eShop called Kamiko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIJ65Itxlo

It's only 500 yen (~$5) and I'm seriously considering grabbing a 1000 yen eShop card to grab it as it has English language options.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It sounds like you don't like Nintendo games and should not have purchased a Switch? :confused:

He shouldn't even be posting on Internet forums because it's 100% negativity and that can't possibly be good for his mental health.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Out of that entire direct the only games I am going to buy are Mario Kart 8 and Street Fighter 2 and I've already played both of these games on other platforms in the past.

Arms looks really bad. Splatoon is a no go because I'm not really in the market for a team based shooter. If I were to play Minecraft or Payday 2, Switch is certainly not the platform I would do it on.

Other than that, get hype for Monopoly and Rayman Legends again I guess.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Arms and Splatoon are not for me but there was a bunch of other stuff that I'm looking forward to like Mario Kart, Disgaea 5, Sonic, Puyo Puyo, Sine Mora, Rayman and Battlechasers. Your troll game is seriously weak and you should sell your switch to someone more deserving.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

enojy posted:

He shouldn't even be posting on Internet forums because it's 100% negativity and that can't possibly be good for his mental health.

This. Every single one of his posts is just some negative hyperbole.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's just all games that are better on other platforms. Cool for Nintendo only owners but meh for everyone else

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is anyone else playing VOEZ? It's a pretty chill rhythm game. Already there are songs I want from it on my phone.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

The Puyo Puyo Tetris demo is out~

Also there is a super neat looking game that just released in the Japanese eShop called Kamiko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIJ65Itxlo

It's only 500 yen (~$5) and I'm seriously considering grabbing a 1000 yen eShop card to grab it as it has English language options.

ok that looks v. good

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I tried a disgaea game on the ps2 and couldn't get into but I'm willing to give it another shot

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't u der stand how it's trolling to have a negative outlook on something? Sorry I'm not impressed by ports of 5+ year old games and WiiU games. It's not like any of these games are hard to play now a days like something like a Ps2 era remaster is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't u der stand how it's trolling to have a negative outlook on something? Sorry I'm not impressed by ports of 5+ year old games and WiiU games. It's not like any of these games are hard to play now a days like something like a Ps2 era remaster is.

You have four loving pages of posts in this thread that all basicly say the same poo poo.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

I've cracked the code. You never leave your house and as such, are continually discounting the #1 thing that makes Switch versions of games extremely desirable; portability.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

You have four loving pages of posts in this thread that all basicly say the same poo poo.

So what? I don't think the line up is impressive, and I think Zelda, while cool and fun, has some serious issues that cause it to not be great. Its also not a Switch exclusive so it still begs the question of what exactly is there for games on Switch.

I don't understand why Nintendo threads on these forums always have to be hug boxes. It's like any kind of negative viewpoint is strictly prohibited for a constant stream of "how good is this? So good" posts.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bill Barber posted:

I've cracked the code. You never leave your house and as such, are continually discounting the #1 thing that makes Switch versions of games extremely desirable; portability.

I would be more excited about portability if the battery life was worth a drat, but as it is, it's not very effective as a portable system. Besides which, when I'm out and about, it's not usually to play video games. That's something I do when I'm at home.

I'm glad there's people that are excited to play 2 hours of minecraft outside of their house, but I can understand people being pretty underwhelmed by what was shown today.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Looking forward to Mr. Shifty tomorrow, then MK8, Minecraft, Arms, Payday 2.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bowmore posted:

Did I miss anything important to the Switch if I just watched the 11 minute Switch Direct and the 7 minute ARMS video?

The seven or so minute Splatoon 2 video.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

man nurse posted:

I would be more excited about portability if the battery life was worth a drat, but as it is, it's not very effective as a portable system. Besides which, when I'm out and about, it's not usually to play video games. That's something I do when I'm at home.

I'm glad there's people that are excited to play 2 hours of minecraft outside of their house, but I can understand people being pretty underwhelmed by what was shown today.
how loving long do you need to play your portable for at a time? 3 hours is plenty

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

The seven or so minute Splatoon 2 video.
Yeah I skipped that one on purpose, cheers

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so after the first Splatoon where we forced an entire race underground where they are forced to live in fear of losing power, we're now playing a mode where we kill hordes of mutant fish in order to steal their young.

we're.

we're the baddies, aren't we

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I don't get why people talk about battery life so much when it's as good or better than 3ds in every metric. Also battery packs are everywhere.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

man nurse posted:

I get like 5 hours between Zelda and Shovel Knight. I don't really require more than that in a single day.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bowmore posted:

Yeah I skipped that one on purpose, cheers

Oh man at the end you get to see princess peach naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

Oh man at the end you get to see princess peach naked.
Oh I'm not falling for that one again

• Locked thread