Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Just finished Horizon a few minutes ago.

Easily the best game I've played in a good while. I'd recommend it without hesitation, even to people with open-world-fatigue.

It does everything right from a gameplay point of view and the story and setting are genuinely unique and interesting.

And to think, I'd almost forgotten it was even a thing until like a week before release when Amazon emailed me a code for some pre-order stuff for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

spudsbuckley posted:

Easily the best game I've played in a good while. I'd recommend it without hesitation, even to people with open-world-fatigue.

It does everything right from a gameplay point of view and the story and setting are genuinely unique and interesting.

And to think, I'd almost forgotten it was even a thing until like a week before release when Amazon emailed me a code for some pre-order stuff for it.

It's no Bloodborne

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Bombadilillo posted:

Its not that simple, and no.

Even a roku needs the roku4 to stream 4k.

In any case Im not sure how anybodies new 4k tv doesn't run those in its own app, which are generally better then going through a secondary device. Unless its a real poo poo blackfriday model.

The tv has the apps. Just was wondering what the PS4 regular could and couldn't do.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

spudsbuckley posted:

This, but NieR Automata.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

exploded mummy posted:

It's no Bloodborne

I love Bloodborne but i would not recommend it to most of my casual gamer friends because they would loving hate it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Bloodborne and Horizon are my big two "wow I forgot how much I love games" ... games... from the last few years. They both kind of took me by surprise and were amazing.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
I just went out and bought a PS4 because I'm a sucker for Spider-man and apparently the next awesome game is a PS4 exclusive so there you go. At least that's what made me pull the trigger.

I picked up Final Fantasy XV and Bloodborne right off the bat. And Lego Dimensions because my kid loves it and as it turns out it was pretty fun for me too.

The reason I'm posting in your fine thread is to get some game purchasing advice. I've already gathered that Horizon: Zero Dawn is a must-have. I have a decent PC, so I've already played Witcher 3 and MGSV with some other games in my backlog like Dishonored 2 and stuff like that. I also prefer first-person shooters on the PC, but if it's a console exclusive I guess I could be persuaded. The Uncharted-series seems appreciated by players and critics alike and I've seen a bundle of the first 3 games on the cheap. Is it worth it or should I just go straight to Uncharted 4? And how is Destiny? And is there any point to even thinking about that with Destiny 2 sort of around the corner?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bloodychill posted:

Bloodborne and Horizon are my big two "wow I forgot how much I love games" ... games... from the last few years. They both kind of took me by surprise and were amazing.

For me it's been yakuza mgsv nier A and p5.

I forgot that consoles can be good and indeed are

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Don't play original Destiny now. But I was with you as a PC fps player. I hadn't played a console FPS single Goldeneye. That being said, the shooting is really good and fun.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Destiny's a finished game now but Destiny 2 is coming in September so just wait for that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Mangoose posted:

I just went out and bought a PS4 because I'm a sucker for Spider-man and apparently the next awesome game is a PS4 exclusive so there you go. At least that's what made me pull the trigger.

I picked up Final Fantasy XV and Bloodborne right off the bat. And Lego Dimensions because my kid loves it and as it turns out it was pretty fun for me too.

The reason I'm posting in your fine thread is to get some game purchasing advice. I've already gathered that Horizon: Zero Dawn is a must-have. I have a decent PC, so I've already played Witcher 3 and MGSV with some other games in my backlog like Dishonored 2 and stuff like that. I also prefer first-person shooters on the PC, but if it's a console exclusive I guess I could be persuaded. The Uncharted-series seems appreciated by players and critics alike and I've seen a bundle of the first 3 games on the cheap. Is it worth it or should I just go straight to Uncharted 4? And how is Destiny? And is there any point to even thinking about that with Destiny 2 sort of around the corner?

Play the uncharted series in order.

Destiny 1 won't have as much meaningful stuff that carries over to destiny 2. If you're desperate for something to play, the destiny collection can be found for around $30 bucks and includes all the dlc.

If you like any of the Dark Souls games, Bloodborne is also a must have. And after that, Nioh.

And don't forget Yakuza for basically grand theft Tokyo.

I think that covers the major stuff not found on PC.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so the moons were in conjunction, the stars were in alignment, and the ps4 had Bloodborne and Persona on it, so I bought one. can anyone hook me up with a list of ps4 exclusive stuff that is best of the best? small downloadable stuff, AAA, whatever.

edit: lol, someone posted a list right as I posted my dumb question.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Please stop equating Yakuza to Grand Theft Auto. That is a gross misrepresentation.

Also please play Yakuza.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mangoose posted:

Play the UC games in order, with some time between each one.

Buy Titanfall 2. Along with HZD and Bloodborne I'd say you have the creme of the crop.

When you're done with all that buy some Japanese games since there are a ton of good ones: The Last Guardian, NieR: A, Nioh, Dark Souls 3, Yakuza, Persona 5, FF XV, Resident Evil 7, etc, etc, etc

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If Sony even bothers sending me that loving 10€ coupon, I'd buy Yakuza 0. I want to punch people in the face and sing stuff in karaoke drat it!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Yakuza 0 you almost never drive a car. Unless you count Out Run

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got mine a couple of days ago, check spam folder or mine went into the 'promotions' bit of Gmail instead of the main mail folder.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

veni veni veni posted:

I don't know what it is. I loved the first one. The second wasn't bad and I finished it but I never got the same level of enjoyment out of it or had any desire to play it again.

And I've said before, I think the second is technically better in most regards. Something just didn't click and I don't know what it was.

It controls like a pile of butt, at least on PC. Not only did the mouse movement very obviously lag, but it's speed was still entirely too slow despite being set to the maximum speed in game. Combined with the really uninteresting story, I gave up on it in the middle of the mansion when something better (Yakuza I think, maybe Berseria) came along.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Thanks for the replies! I'd quote you all but I'm lazy and you know who you are.

I'll buy the Uncharted series and play it in order. I'll definitely check out Nioh and Yakuza. I've also heard good things about NieR and I can't believe I didn't think about that. Also Last Guardian, I played Shadow of the Colossus when it came out. I'll probably pass on Destiny and wait for Destiny 2 and get it if it's good.

Titanfall 2 I already have on the PC and it's the best competitive shooter I've played since Tribes.

The last console I owned was the PS2 and I remember playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I saw that they just released some sort of collection for PS4 with a whole heap of games from the franchise. Anyone try that out? And what does it mean that the games are "remastered"?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm Kingdom Hearts case it just means they run at 60fps 1080p, they're otherwise unchanged from the PS2 originals, although they are the Final Mix versions that only Japan got until they were ported to PS3 a couple of years ago.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Let's not forget about Yakuza 5's drving which was 80% driving at the speed limit while practicing good brake and accelerator discipline while making sure to signal and stop for pedestrians at crosswalks.

The remaning 20% was doing amazing Initial D stuff on the highway loop.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeiJhKIA6ds

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 13, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mangoose posted:

I just went out and bought a PS4 because I'm a sucker for Spider-man and apparently the next awesome game is a PS4 exclusive so there you go.
i havent seen anything at all about a new spiderman game. who is making it?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Grab the ffxiv trial, there's no time limit for it any more and the game is stellar. If you decide to go for it, there's a server with a population of well over 1000 goons

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ryoga posted:

The remaning 20% was doing amazing Initial D stuff on the highway loop.

This was so good.

I did every single taxi mission in Yakuza 5 in one go because they were so fun

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i havent seen anything at all about a new spiderman game. who is making it?

Insomniac Games. They have a short trailer from E3 2016. It looks pretty awesome.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I got mine a couple of days ago, check spam folder or mine went into the 'promotions' bit of Gmail instead of the main mail folder.

I use outlook and I check the spam folder all the time. It seems that they're still having issues. Never had this kind of issue with XBL to be honest.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think you mean.

Outo RUN *crashzoom*:tviv:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Grab the ffxiv trial, there's no time limit for it any more and the game is stellar. If you decide to go for it, there's a server with a population of well over 1000 goons

This. FFXIV is drat fun.

Also, for smaller titles, I'd recommend Hatsune Miku (if you like rhythm games), Resogun (really good arcade shooter), Flower (chill indie game), Journey (another really cool experience), Ratchet and Clank remaster, Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light are also very solid games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't recommend Miku Future Tone (but NOT Diva X) enough if you have even the most fleeting interest in music games or otaku poo poo. It's bang for buck is ridiculous.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sorry if this has been posted recently, but what's on the ps4 horizon between now and christmas?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Bananana posted:

Sorry if this has been posted recently, but what's on the ps4 horizon between now and christmas?

horizon is out now, early reviews are good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't recommend Miku Future Tone (but NOT Diva X) enough if you have even the most fleeting interest in music games or otaku poo poo. It's bang for buck is ridiculous.

I'm still finding songs that I had no idea were on there

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Midjack posted:

horizon is out now, early reviews are good

I already have it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nioh dlc?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

I'm still finding songs that I had no idea were on there
Oh yeah and if you buy it remember to look at the hard listings of songs. Some songs lack an easy and/or normal difficulty and won't appear on those lists at all but every song has hard.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Bananana posted:

I already have it.

whoosh

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

The Bananana posted:

I already have it.

Get another.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Naw, man... I got it. It's just I was hoping for an actual answer. :shrug:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Bananana posted:

drat. This person is not kidding around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

The Bananana posted: